Tafée Bowle

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am pretty sure it is metal coil ,encased in ceramic shell. I just wonder if it is SS,Kanthal,Nichrome,etc.. :) I am aware of the sensor also. Tech sounds to be pretty similar to the A.P.E Vaporizer ,minus the PID control.
A conversation just now with Tafée Wares, revealed the answer, and @Abysmal Vapor as usual, has the right idea.
Rather than encasing the coil, there are two separate heaters. A ceramic heater AND the coil... and the ceramic "sandwiches" the coil in two layers.
The ceramic heater warms first, followed by the coil. The ceramic helps keep the heater warmed up so when the button is pressed the coil joins in for the hit immediately.
The Ceramic heater is on when you see the green light, but the coil does not engage until it senses inhalation.
With bowl/stem out I don't suspect one would be able to see a glow.
Very well made!
Today I did a zoom demo of the device with 3 patients this morning.
I would have invited more, but only 3 patients that I know have computer access.
I will be showing this unit off in about a week to a number of socially distanced patients. Everyone is going to love this vape!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That is awesome! Sounds like a very unique heater design after all. This thing really does take the best ideas from so many near great vapes I've had, with far better integration and even more innovations, all focused on pure performance and basic user experience!

I will say I’m not a massive fan of dealing with the ceramic pots - they’re kinda tough to load without the potter (I use a BCG) given their small size, and I’m just not used to fiddling with crucibles/dosing caps. But, they are definitely nice quality and the overall interface and user experience feels pretty top notch.

If you do not already have one, get yourself a scoop tool from @Delta3DStudios or @RogueGuy or grab both like me!

SixStringToker

Naked member
Does it glow on max level,when you are not inhaling?
Mine VERY definitely glows. If I hold the fire button without inhaling, I can see a glow, though I need to be in a dark room; it fades after just a couple of seconds. If I hold the button and take a 3 or 4-second pull off the open end of the puck, that coil glows like a m'fer and can be seen in "normal" room lighting.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Mine VERY definitely glows. If I hold the fire button without inhaling, I can see a glow, though I need to be in a dark room; it fades after just a couple of seconds. If I hold the button and take a 3 or 4-second pull off the open end of the puck, that coil glows like a m'fer and can be seen in "normal" room lighting.
Interesting. Now i am even more interested what METAL is the coil made of,i doubt it is SS cause it wont last long glowing like that, most likely it is Kanthal ,cause it is more durable then nichrome,or maybe it is something fancy like Inconel or Zirconium wire. Now it is starting to sounds like the VapBong concept ,although it is structurally different.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Mine VERY definitely glows.
I have been vaping "pot" after "pot" as I read FC threads...
by the time I read your post, and wanted to see the glow.......
Battery's dead.
That is the first actual battery expiration, as I have been charging it when I finish a few sessions.
I took that to the limit today. I'll peek at the glow in a bit.
EDIT:
Now that I have seen yours, I won't need to try.
I get the picture!

simplywonderful

The silicone mouthpiece has really surprised me from the get go. I don't remember if I pointed that out. No smell on arrival and it stays fairly clean. Definitely the best silicone I've found in a vape.

Picked up some LA Kush Cake and filled the Potter up this evening. Excellent flavour, super gassy hits, temp 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Nice roast on the AVB. My bowls don't normally go that long, I may have imagined an extra hit, too baked to remember. Felt good after the first but figured what the hell and vaped all 4 :lol::leaf::freak:. I'm going to run this flower through my other devices to compare flavour but it was outstanding on the Bowle. I still give the edge to pure glass but the overall vapour quality is amazing. The flavour of the vapour is excellent but also so cool and it doesn't go harsh the same as others. It's like a compromise between water for extra cooling but loss of flavour to no water in a short vapour path for maximum flavour. @FlyingLow I agree with you on quickly medicating. From a cold start the Bowle heats up so fast! I killed the battery and pulled out the P80 (my current fav) and I was quickly reminded how fast the Bowle is.

Love the ice cream @ChooChooCharlie , definitely the best flavour or at least my personal favorite when I could still eat the stuff. I remember getting high as a teenager and polishing off an entire container on too regular of a basis. Yum. Maybe I'll fill mine with gummy worms. I better stick to water, my munchies are bad enough. My kids think it's hilarious when I make backwards lunch and put the food (soup or pasta) in a cup. Just imagine some chicken noodle kush or mac and uk cheese. The possibilities are endless :brow:. I was thinking of a little zen garden in the cup but I use mine for a drink way to often. There are lots of uses for the cup really, or don't use it all, any way you slice it I think most will enjoy this device. Minus that battery life (I'm getting 5 sessions lately and I wish it was more) this is one of my favourites.
how does it hits compared to mighty ? and how long a session lasts? do you think it would be possible to use power bank for example? is passthrough charging possible? thank you very much:D

Vitolo

Vaporist
Has anyone tried to load the stem with no pot in it ?
I have vaped an empty "pot", to get that last hit of residue prior to twirling a wooden toothpick around in there to remove debris.
The round style wooden toothpick is pretty gentle on a screen, and when used inside of the pot, like an etching tool, it actually removes the stained buildup some, but does not mar the inner surface.
I blew some wispy clouds, and the inner corner slight build-up came away much more easily.

EDIT:
I misunderstood, and gave a crazy response. I thought he meant no weed/pot in the "pot"!
Pardon my slow wittedness... which I blame entirely on the Tafée Bowle!

Last edited:

Jah75

So, mine came in and I have charged it and ran through two bowls of mandarin sunset....the flavor is amazing...I can’t wait to continue this honeymoon after I can move around again...this thing is potent!
Found my first use for the cup, I wonder if I could pour silicone down in ther to make a mold with pockets for the tool/Jyarz/dab case

Edit : wtf is is so satisfying to insert and eject this stem

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

how does it hits compared to mighty ? and how long a session lasts? do you think it would be possible to use power bank for example? is passthrough charging possible? thank you very much:D

Way stronger than a mighty, way tastier, way more efficient, a session lasts as long as you want because this is not a session vape it is instant on demand pure convection... Mighty is slow session conduction with some convection... A power bank could be tough depending on the specs, it does not have pass through charging, but you can use it while it is charging if you have enough of a base charge. It charges quite fast too!

Two things: Has anyone tried to load the stem with no pot in it ?
Also, I noticed as I passed by a mirror blowing vapor that I looked a little like Sherlock Holmes:sherlock:

Haha why would anyone do that?? If you were to load the stem, the herbs would all suck up inside the stem and be a nightmare for cleaning and I'm sure you would get wispy vapor at best... Seriously I'm baffled why you would ask that LOL ...Like @Vitolo though I have hit an empty chamber pot, to vape what's in the screen, procrastinating proper cleaning... And yes we are all Sherlockin it with this magic j-hook vape!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I finally remembered why I avoided hot tea in the cup. It can handle it, but it got too hot to hold. So it's not a structural issue. I'm back to hot tea in it!

Every time I come back to the Bowle, I'm floored. Sometimes I hit it and think I got nothing, but a big cloud comes out!

Glad you guys are digging it too...

Jah75

Another round of “testing” has brought up some issues and concerns:
  1. I taste vanilla, not sure if this is related
  2. I think I want to get one of those usb powered fans and see if I can use it in the usb slot to keep cool while sipping lemon aid out on the porch in Louisiana in august
  3. Why why why micro usb
  4. That is called micro usb right? I get mini and micro mixed up, I think mini is the old one that looks like a house right?
  5. Man this thing is potent
  6. The vanilla is back but I smell it now...wtf
  7. I have been typing so long that all I can see on my phone is from number 3 down and I can’t quite remember what this list was about so I’m going to end it now....

Shit Snacks

Another round of “testing” has brought up some issues and concerns:
  1. I taste vanilla, not sure if this is related
  2. I think I want to get one of those usb powered fans and see if I can use it in the usb slot to keep cool while sipping lemon aid out on the porch in Louisiana in august
  3. Why why why micro usb
  4. That is called micro usb right? I get mini and micro mixed up, I think mini is the old one that looks like a house right?
  5. Man this thing is potent
  6. The vanilla is back but I smell it now...wtf
  7. I have been typing so long that all I can see on my phone is from number 3 down and I can’t quite remember what this list was about so I’m going to end it now....

I want what you're vaping... mmm vanilla

@Djsleepy oh haha I wasn't sure that you were asking, because you did it by accident, I thought it was an attempt at some sort of hack! Yeah this is just like if you try to load glass stem-based vapes, but accidentally do so without a basket screen installed, always such a mess lol

west-elec

For a long while I was one of those who didn't get it...@stickstones said it in his Q&A today 'it was meant to blend in seamlessly, not interrupt conversion''. Maybe this vape represents that step towards respectability that the industry needs. Even though it seemed odd to people at the time, one day it will be the norm. I am imagining a time when you can take your cup to the bar for refilling in between casual tokes at some beer garden by the sea. The future is looking better than the past, especially as mine is due next week.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@stickstones ~ I really do not understand how you kept so hush hush about this vape! It is a face-melter!

All those months, you had hinted Jorge had something up his sleeve, but this really has been a game changer in my lineup.

As I sit here now, a couple weeks after taking delivery, I still cannot believe Tafee has sidelined all my other flower vapes... unreal!

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@stickstones ~ I really do not understand how you kept so hush hush about this vape! It is a face-melter!

All those months, you had hinted Jorge had something up his sleeve, but this really has been a game changer in my lineup.

As I sit here now, a couple weeks after taking delivery, I still cannot believe Tafee has sidelined all my other flower vapes... unreal!

This was one of the harder ones. I started testing it 18 months ago, and it kept getting delayed. But the best things are worth the wait. So glad you love it!

Vitolo

Vaporist
I still cannot believe Tafee has sidelined all my other flower vapes... unreal!
I have to agree.
My vapes are all pissed. I try to use one here and there.
My volcano ... covered in dust (Arizona thing!)
Even though I talk to them and do a small session here and there it is nothing... platitudes and they
all know it.
Should I throw hand towels over each, so they can't see? <---- (this all in my mind):ugh:
So glad you love it!
I love it!
I used to use 3-10 vapes in a day... leaning more heavily on favorites.
I'm a Bowle fancier.
I stay so medicated that the charge time flies by!

Top Bottom