Tafée Bowle v. Grasshopper

Mr. Me2

I broke out my late model of grasshopper (right before the io came out) to give it a whirl. My go-to lately has been the TB. (I admit I’ve also been enjoying my Nomad II and Neo).

I was surprised to find how much I prefer the TB to the gh. For me, similar heat up times and load size. But I find the TB has MUCH better flavor. And much cooler, of course.

I find the build quality comparable, and naturally the gh is more stealthy. But I’m an at home user virtually 100% of the time so that doesn’t matter to me.

I think the only advantage that the gh has over the TB (stealth aside) is its replaceable batteries. A definite convenience.

Having said all that, for me TB is the clear winner. I was a little surprised I didn’t love my gh more yesterday. I’d love to hear from other gh lovers…

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I still rock my Bowle daily. It is solid and delivers such consistent performance and flavor... I never could get motivated to purchase a hopper, though I found it incredibly tempting. The failure rate seemed so high, I just did not have confidence in making the purchase.

You mention the only real knock on the Bowle is the lack of replaceable battery. Along with the short battery life, it is not an ideal battery pairing but it does not dissuade me from using it constantly.

JCat

Accessory Maker
I really like my IO for large bong hits, but to be honest, when vaping flower (and not rosin), I tend to reach for my Bowle 99% of the time (or my Firewood7 if out-and-about).

The Bowle is just so well built--simple, great cooling, low maintenance, really a super device.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Bowle preferred over the Grasshopper!?!?! Didn't see that coming...

I read the IO thread often even though I don't own one. I simply couldn't buy anything with the background and reputation info I see in that thread.

I would summarize the GH thread posts as "Best vape there is when its working. If only the customer service and product were dependable."

Based on the summary I expected to see more GH love versus the Bowle outside of customer service. Can't wait to see if the postings remain similar.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Bro, it's interesting to know, can Firewood7 hit harder than IO ?

Sure! There's a ton of variables between them, so it's a weird comparison, but yeah FW7 can hit super hard, get me really stoned! The conduction hybrid angle just makes it very different, that's why I think it's a perfect complimentary pair with the tinymight... GH definitely has impressive performance, but more practical shortcomings in my experience (interestingly both have chambers to load, you loosely fill hopper and tight pack firewood, but FW7 is easier to load and unload for me) certainly native I much prefer the FW7 to the hopper IO, but mostly using both of them at home through hooks and dry glass pieces and sometimes water as well!

ChooChooCharlie

Results of reading this thread tonight
io, sans cooling, as the good hopper lord intended:
io-native-no-respect.jpg

under 10 sec draws OK, more than OK
your lips say stop, respect the lip, furtive, fast
(but, Bowle is winner, easier native inhale over long draw, a bugaboo of convection)

Top Bottom