Tabletop Bong anyone?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
would feel guilty, I really dislike mine, just too restrictive and would not wish it on anyone...in the bottom 2 or 3 that I own.

Oh, I mean they got a great deal at least, bundled with another glass piece too, and a lot of people really like the upline bubbler even though we don't (like the person I sold it to claims to love it after all)

Oh wow... :mmmm: Thanks a lot, i just scrolled through that thread a little bit. The one you posted on September 4th (the "Recycler") looks insane! And they send that thing to Switzerland for just about 30$! :brow: To buy or not to buy is the question... :D

Okay great, that is a very nice reliable seller with good quality, I had them make the new klein, that recycler, specifically because it is great for herbal vapes...
These are the other great options I have from them that I helped them design, based on other great popular options in the US that cost more, or like the recycler ones that just aren't available anywhere else anymore:
(inline honeycomb with side slits)
(bubbler base with diffusion nine hole perc no ash catch)
(small straight fab FOL perc fountain of life, they have a larger one as well though it is currently out of stock, and there is also the FC 199 which is a combination of another design for a wider modular piece)

Marcus

I also like to put a pinch of that himalayan pink salt in my bong. globe thingy, I think there's a thread about it.

I really do think it stops my throat dryness with some vapes.

I may add pepper to taste one day. And vinegar when having chips. (I'm UK our chips are metric)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Okay great, that is a very nice reliable seller with good quality, I had them make the new klein, that recycler, specifically because it is great for herbal vapes...
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/910683957.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|910683957 These are the other great options I have from them that I helped them design, based on other great popular options in the US that cost more, or like the recycler ones that just aren't available anywhere else anymore:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/867263635.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|867263635 (inline honeycomb with side slits)
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/255741536.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|255741536 (bubbler base with diffusion nine hole perc no ash catch)
https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/239957059.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|239957059 (small straight fab FOL perc fountain of life, they have a larger one as well though it is currently out of stock, and there is also the FC 199 which is a combination of another design for a wider modular piece)

Hey @Shit Snacks, thanks so much for this great list of wonderful glass art!

Here's the thing: I just finished a long session with my TM2, read your post and now I have questions: :freak:

First of all, you participated in the design of these cool things? Wow, that's very nice! :bowdown:

And then: Honestly, I don't understand half of the terms you use. Man I'm sorry, I'm the new guy here... :party:

I mean: "fab FOL perc fountain of life" - really now? And what the hell is an ash catch? What ash? :shrug:

I'm just kidding, I really appreciate your effort! And I promise to also make an effort to research all the terms so I can have a say here. :myday:

For now though, could you just answer this question for me: Which one of the four bongs you linked above should I buy first and why? I have to start with one. :cool:

Thank you very much!

Love this community already.

:bowdown:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Hey @Shit Snacks, thanks so much for this great list of wonderful glass art!

Here's the thing: I just finished a long session with my TM2, read your post and now I have questions: :freak:

Yeah I think all of these are better with TM then the globe or sidecar matrix would be

First of all, you participated in the design of these cool things? Wow, that's very nice! :bowdown:

Well to be clear these are based off other designs that are originally not my own haha sort of clones but different and I tried to help them make them different so they weren't complete clones at least, but yeah I was in contact with them and gave them advice along with requests

And then: Honestly, I don't understand half of the terms you use. Man I'm sorry, I'm the new guy here... :party:

All good duder I kind of knew that would be the case lol

I mean: "fab FOL perc fountain of life" - really now?

So that is just describing the percolator in those pieces, fol means flower of life, which is the name of the laser cut design, it is a pattern of slits and holes facing upwards, which I refer to as fountain head style (technically shower head would be facing down but the terms are not always used this way)

Fab stands for fabergé egg, as that is another type of rig, specifically straight fab has the cylinder in the center in a tube style piece as you see, that cylinder is then full of swiss holes to become a fab... This offers extra cooling as a dry pathway, complex surface area obstruction, or if you load enough water the fab can become part of the perc in a more natural way (this offers more variety and gives it a bit more recycler style function although I prefer less water or dry with TM personally, they do work really well as a dry rig especially for TM)

And what the hell is an ash catch? What ash? :shrug:

Haha yeah that's just the terminology, it's basically another mini bubbler for another perc, the idea is that it would get dirty and keep the rest of the bubbler cleaner (there are also dry catch meant to be used without water and personally what I like instead is drop down adapters that can accomplish similar goal with better form factor and features imo)

And yes there is no ash haha but they are originally designed for smoking so that's why they are still called that regardless (my point was you don't need to bother getting it with that fc mod piece though some people did, you can save money without it)

I'm just kidding, I really appreciate your effort! And I promise to also make an effort to research all the terms so I can have a say here. :myday:

For now though, could you just answer this question for me: Which one of the four bongs you linked above should I buy first and why? I have to start with one. :cool:

Thank you very much!

Love this community already.

:bowdown:

No problem! Yeah that is the tricky? Haha I think it depends how you might want to use it and you don't know yet exactly? So it might be a good idea to wait until you can try the globe, then let me know how you feel about it, and I can give you a better suggestion of which one of these would be the best next???

Otherwise honestly it is pretty tough to go wrong with any of them, I can go into more detail describing the differences, but it is a little arbitrary without your own frame of reference I suppose...

If you want to try just one, I think the inline honeycomb is a really fantastic all-around option for water use, it was one of my early pickups and works well with everything, decent size and nice smooth hits with some flavor retention... New Klein could be a bit smoother with the recycling and also carry the flavor a bit better, but you need really good air flow with it, so it can be a bit more limiting and might not work ideal with everything, but should with TM... FC mod is also great with everything and nice balance with flavor retention minimal but decent diffusion, simple pathway and modular, basically it is a much better version of the globe in my mind... And so is the FC199, that is kind of a combo of globe and straight fab... But I think the smaller straight fab might be better for TM? Versatile to use dry, or for smooth hits with water, decent flavor retention but not as much as the FC mod or new Klein... Hope that helps! I guess I did just give you a rundown lol

AJS

Calm Consistency
Too bad, I've already ordered a globe now. I hope it's not too bad... At least it's my first bong to use with a vaporizer so I can't compare. :lol:
You're walking into a world where people are VERY particular.
At the end of the day, you liked it when you bought it. I'm sure you'll love it when you use it :)

It'll be perfect for your portables and will do exactly what you want it to.

Congrats!

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
You won't be disappointed with the globe, I have waaaay too much glass including several globes, and one of them is on my main station right now with a Tempest in it! I really like them personally, and there is a lot of personal flair involved in what style of glass you will like the most.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Which one of the four bongs you linked above should I buy first and why?
This one first, because you can pull it apart and simply chuck it in the dishwasher to clean,
Then this one, it works with anything, incyclers/recyclers usually need more airflow to work properly,
Although I don't know if I could appreciate the fine differences between the different stems.
You can tell the difference, quite different,
9 hole perc,
3 hole perc,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Those 2 that @Shit Snacks collaborated with Stevenm/Popularglass are in my top 4-5 bongs, my fav is still the rattle cans, they just hammer home the message, goose neck,
even my spare zombie straight neck that took a tumble onto bare concrete still gets a run as the great flavour retention along with the tiny amount needed to clear the vapor when lungs are full is welcomed,

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Well to be clear these are based off other designs that are originally not my own haha sort of clones but different and I tried to help them make them different so they weren't complete clones at least, but yeah I was in contact with them and gave them advice along with requests

Wow, that's really cool! :love: It's good to know that I'm talking to the master himself here! :science:

So that is just describing the percolator in those pieces, fol means flower of life, which is the name of the laser cut design, it is a pattern of slits and holes facing upwards, which I refer to as fountain head style (technically shower head would be facing down but the terms are not always used this way)

Ok, thank you, got that. Kind of...

Fab stands for fabergé egg, as that is another type of rig, specifically straight fab has the cylinder in the center in a tube style piece as you see, that cylinder is then full of swiss holes to become a fab... This offers extra cooling as a dry pathway, complex surface area obstruction, or if you load enough water the fab can become part of the perc in a more natural way (this offers more variety and gives it a bit more recycler style function although I prefer less water or dry with TM personally, they do work really well as a dry rig especially for TM)

Wow, this really is a whole new world for me. As a Swiss person, I was only familiar with Swiss holes. However, this was in a completely different context (sorry for being stupid :razz:).

Pubescent jokes aside, thank you very much for your comments and explanations. It would be a lie to say that I now understand it all 100%, but it certainly helps me. I still have a long way to go - but I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

Haha yeah that's just the terminology, it's basically another mini bubbler for another perc, the idea is that it would get dirty and keep the rest of the bubbler cleaner (there are also dry catch meant to be used without water and personally what I like instead is drop down adapters that can accomplish similar goal with better form factor and features imo)

And yes there is no ash haha but they are originally designed for smoking so that's why they are still called that regardless (my point was you don't need to bother getting it with that fc mod piece though some people did, you can save money without it)

Ok, I actually understand that. I worked in a head shop 25 years ago (vaporizers weren't really an issue then) and we also sold bongs with these ash catchers, as far as I remember. However, I didn't really care about the finer points of a bong back then. We were only interested in getting high as quickly as possible. We were young and not connoisseurs.

No problem! Yeah that is the tricky? Haha I think it depends how you might want to use it and you don't know yet exactly? So it might be a good idea to wait until you can try the globe, then let me know how you feel about it, and I can give you a better suggestion of which one of these would be the best next???

Otherwise honestly it is pretty tough to go wrong with any of them, I can go into more detail describing the differences, but it is a little arbitrary without your own frame of reference I suppose...

Yes, that's probably a good idea. If only it weren't for that annoying GAS... :lol:

If you want to try just one, I think the inline honeycomb is a really fantastic all-around option for water use, it was one of my early pickups and works well with everything, decent size and nice smooth hits with some flavor retention... New Klein could be a bit smoother with the recycling and also carry the flavor a bit better, but you need really good air flow with it, so it can be a bit more limiting and might not work ideal with everything, but should with TM... FC mod is also great with everything and nice balance with flavor retention minimal but decent diffusion, simple pathway and modular, basically it is a much better version of the globe in my mind... And so is the FC199, that is kind of a combo of globe and straight fab... But I think the smaller straight fab might be better for TM? Versatile to use dry, or for smooth hits with water, decent flavor retention but not as much as the FC mod or new Klein... Hope that helps! I guess I did just give you a rundown lol

And just when you've convinced me to try out the Globe first and only then continue shopping, you make the pieces tempting again.:rant::lol:
And then the prices are also so attractive. And they deliver free of charge! Hmmm...

I just like the looks and simplicity of that one:
https://www.dhgate.com/product/saml-23-24cm-tall-heavy-glass-bong-hookahs/867263635.html

EDIT: If I were to buy this bong, which model should I choose? I see 5 variants, which differ in terms of colors and other details (under slites, side slites, with bowl, with quartz, 14mm, 18mm etc.). Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means (I know the colors, of course - I mean all the other details :ko:).

And another question: I would like to use my bong with TM2, Mighty+ and DynaVap (later also Tempest). I have already bought a 14mm adapter for the TM2 from Sneaky Pete, which adapters do I need for Mighty+ and DynaVap?

Would those adapters work?
Mighty+: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOtF3Jw (DHgate has something similar but doesn’t ship to Switzerland)

Or something like that?
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOWEvIC

DynaVap: https://www.dhgate.com/product/3-in-1-10mm-14mm-18mm-dynavap-bonger-water/891739160.html?d1_page_num=1&dspm=pcen.sp.list.5.6knoAOkSLbzhhBl5xBUt&resource_id=891739160&scm_id=search.LIST..@.keywordSearchFlow%7Cv2%7C402_3%7C6f3e1d649e2d4b1b9fd9a909d33acb50%7Cbestmatch.newC.&skuid=1148054263497281550#s1-4-1;searl%7C2393967458:5

You're walking into a world where people are VERY particular.

And VERY nerdy. And I, coming from video games, tabletop games and e-cigarettes, where "nerdy" is state of the art, love it! Nerdy is sexy!

At the end of the day, you liked it when you bought it. I'm sure you'll love it when you use it :)

It'll be perfect for your portables and will do exactly what you want it to.

Congrats!

Aaaw, that's sweet of you to say! :love: I'm really looking forward to it too. It's also nice to know that there are still improvements to be made and that I didn't just buy the best piece on the market. That way I can work my way up.

You won't be disappointed with the globe, I have waaaay too much glass including several globes, and one of them is on my main station right now with a Tempest in it! I really like them personally, and there is a lot of personal flair involved in what style of glass you will like the most.

Oh, you already own a Tempest? I'm also planning to buy one as soon as it's regularly released. I'm glad to hear that the Tempest works well with the Globe!

This one first, because you can pull it apart and simply chuck it in the dishwasher to clean,
Then this one, it works with anything, incyclers/recyclers usually need more airflow to work properly,
https://www.dhgate.com/product/saml-23-24cm-tall-heavy-glass-bong-hookahs/867263635.html

Nice, thank you very much for your advice! :tup: I particularly like the second bong, it doesn't look as "complicated" as the others. I'm just a beginner... :lol:

Thank you all very much for your tips and support! It's really nice to be given a helping hand here. Many thanks for that! ❤️

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

just when you've convinced me to try out the Globe first and only then continue shopping, you make the pieces tempting again.:rant::lol:
And then the prices are also so attractive. And they deliver free of charge! Hmmm...

Haha sorry yeah I can push you whichever way you want to go! But yeah don't worry about the terminology, it takes a bit to understand, it took me a while and then I have to try a lot to really know more, and I'm still no expert since so much of this is subjective ultimately... Totally forgot about the Swiss connection haha they are nice!

just like the looks and simplicity of that one:

EDIT: If I were to buy this bong, which model should I choose? I see 5 variants, which differ in terms of colors and other details (under slites, side slites, with bowl, with quartz, 14mm, 18mm etc.). Unfortunately, I have no idea what this means (I know the colors, of course - I mean all the other details :ko:).

Yeah so the price comes out well and with the shipping to you, I do think it is worth getting to compare with the globe, since they are quite different style...
Screenshot-20231215-025902.png

This is the one you want, the first option, side slits below the honeycomb, 18.8 mm helps for the most versatility too, adapters can help

another question: I would like to use my bong with TM2, Mighty+ and DynaVap (later also Tempest). I have already bought a 14mm adapter for the TM2 from Sneaky Pete

I don't really know which one that is exactly, but I'm not really a fan of the WPA that have fixed glass screen, I prefer to use a steel mesh basket in a plain stem like this:
With these:

However I also really like using s shape drop down adapters with my water pieces to help keep the water cleaner, keep the vape lower and to the side away from face, a little extra cooling and easy to change sizes between 14 and 18 every which way for all the different glass pieces I have...

Pretty easy to find dynavap WPA I feel like, not sure about mighty exactly, I don't use those so can't help much

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Yeah so the price comes out well and with the shipping to you, I do think it is worth getting to compare with the globe, since they are quite different style...
Screenshot-20231215-025902.png

This is the one you want, the first option, side slits below the honeycomb, 18.8 mm helps for the most versatility too, adapters can help

Awesome, thank you so much! :tup:

I don't really know which one that is exactly, but I'm not really a fan of the WPA that have fixed glass screen, I prefer to use a steel mesh basket in a plain stem like this:

This is the one I bought:
https://vapenorth.ca/products/tinymight-14mm-water-pipe-adapter?variant=42423425663155

Ok, that's a bit annoying as this is a 14mm adapter that I bought for the Globe. :rolleyes: So now I also need an 18mm adapter for the other bong. I guess these adapters with multiple sizes combined (10mm, 14mm, 18mm) are not recommended because of the airflow?

So I really need two adapters (14mm and 18mm) for each of my vaporizers if I want to use them all with both the Globe and the DHGate bong? :uhoh: Isn't there a more elegant way?

I also prefer to use the TM stem with the steel mesh basket. But I should be able to use the basket despite the fixed glass screen, shouldn't I?

However I also really like using s shape drop down adapters with my water pieces to help keep the water cleaner, keep the vape lower and to the side away from face, a little extra cooling and easy to change sizes between 14 and 18 every which way for all the different glass pieces I have...

That sounds very nice! I'll check that out.

Pretty easy to find dynavap WPA I feel like, not sure about mighty exactly, I don't use those so can't help much

You already helped me a lot. Thank you so much!!!

Radwin Bodnic

So I really need two adapters (14mm and 18mm) for each of my vaporizers if I want to use them all with both the Globe and the DHGate bong? :uhoh: Isn't there a more elegant way?
There are incut 18m-14f adapters that are really low profile and cheap.

Chinese ones can be annoying and wiggly but high quality parts are pleasant to use and offer a seamless experience.

bong-adapter-18mm-to-14mm-kosmic-kitchen.jpg

Shit Snacks

Yeah that one looks fine, I just don't like the fixed glass honeycomb screen, I only use mine like that when I'm using extra chunky grind or a whole nug experience, dry too not with water really...
https://vapenorth.ca/products/tinymight-14mm-water-pipe-adapter?variant=42423425663155
Ok, that's a bit annoying as this is a 14mm adapter that I bought for the Globe. :rolleyes: So now I also need an 18mm adapter for the other bong.

Well you don't need to buy another adapter for the TM, yeah you could get the reducer, or a drop-down adapter like I described, or a different adapter for the TM which I recommend personally regardless

I guess these adapters with multiple sizes combined (10mm, 14mm, 18mm) are not recommended because of the airflow?

Correct the multi is not so good because of the limited flow with the 10 mm choke point, also when you have multi adapters, they often do not fit so securely in every rig, because the joints themselves are shortened to be able to fit in a three stack... Rarely is good as a plain single joint of any size

Like I said, if you get drop down adapters, which I use with everything regardless, it is so easy to change sizes, for any adapter, any vape, any bong etc. and they offer other benefits I mentioned as well

If this store ships to you, you can write in the notes, and message them when you order, to get two different size configurations instead of two identical adapters (you can get 14 male to 18 female and 18 male to 14 female to cover both of your rigs and all adapters)

I also prefer to use the TM stem with the steel mesh basket. But I should be able to use the basket despite the fixed glass screen, shouldn't I?

Potentially, but it won't work as well, the honeycomb screen is then an extra hindrance, and hard to get the basket out etc. It's honestly just better with a plain stem although sometimes the basket might not fit so secure either, there's always variance!

Chinese ones can be annoying and wiggly but high quality parts are pleasant to use and offer a seamless experience.

Yeah that is true of any glass, Chinese or not, you just never know with the variance... But yeah they are easy to find cheap and usually fine

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Correct the multi is not so good because of the limited flow with the 10 mm choke point, also when you have multi adapters, they often do not fit so securely in every rig, because the joints themselves are shortened to be able to fit in a three stack... Rarely is good as a plain single joint of any size

Thank you, that's what I thought.

Like I said, if you get drop down adapters, which I use with everything regardless, it is so easy to change sizes, for any adapter, any vape, any bong etc. and they offer other benefits I mentioned as well

Ok, I see. You've convinced me, especially because...

https://www.dhgate.com/product/tkl/418256865.html?invitationCode=ff8080814637ba5e01465ab2a6cb3557|-|418256865 If this store ships to you, you can write in the notes, and message them when you order, to get two different size configurations instead of two identical adapters (you can get 14 male to 18 female and 18 male to 14 female to cover both of your rigs and all adapters)

...this store actually ships to Switzerland. :rockon:So cool! And these adapters are almost free! I might as well just buy two each, then I'll have a backup.

Thank you very much! So I will get the bong from above together with these adapters. And then probably also an 18mm stem from TRW, which you linked to.

Potentially, but it won't work as well, the honeycomb screen is then an extra hindrance, and hard to get the basket out etc. It's honestly just better with a plain stem although sometimes the basket might not fit so secure either, there's always variance!

Yeah, i see, I think I will buy an 18mm stem for the TM2 as well.

Thanks again for your patience and your great advice! You really helped me a lot and I think I now have an exciting alternative/addition to the Globe. I will report on my experiences here. Thank you very much! :tup:

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Thanks again for your patience and your great advice! You really helped me a lot and I think I now have an exciting alternative/addition to the Globe. I will report on my experiences here. Thank you very much! :tup:
Congratulation, you now have GAS in add to VAS. I’d highly recommend you stay away from the Wooden Vape thread or you’ll get WAS too.

Welcome to FC!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Congratulation, you now have GAS in add to VAS. I’d highly recommend you stay away from the Wooden Vape thread or you’ll get WAS too.

Haha, thank you very much! I'm afraid I'm already well on my way to WAS though. I've been lurking around Ed's TNT wood stems for a while now... Jeez they’re so pretty! :drool:

Welcome to FC!

Thank you! Love this place! :love:

Top Bottom