Tabletop Bong anyone?

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Hello everyone

I hope I'm in the right forum for the following question. If not, I thank the admins for moving it...

I started vaping a few weeks ago and now own several vaporizers (Mighty+, Tinymight 2, DynaVap M+, Mad Heaters Revolve). Now I would like to buy a vape bong. On YouTube, I often come across the Tabletop Bong, which I really like. I assumed that I would find various reports on it in FC, but that's not the case (at least my search here only brought up a few mentions but no reviews).

Does anyone own the Tabletop Bong and can share something about it? There are different models, and I am particularly interested in how the different sizes (250 ml vs. 500 ml) affect the experience. From what I've seen in videos, the 250ml variant fills and empties with vapor faster than the larger variant - whether that's better or worse, I can't judge (noob here...). Unfortunately, there are no detailed information about the differences between the models on the website.

What appeals to me about the Tabletop Bong: wooden housing (helps prevent tipping), nice craftsmanship (at least according to the pictures and videos), Lee from the YouTube channel is very convincing and enthusiastic :lol:, and the round shape is said to be good for the vapor experience. However, these are all my subjective impressions, and I lack a well-founded opinion and review of this bong.

Can anyone provide some information or recommend a good alternative? Thank you very much!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Awesome, thanks a lot! The one from Sneaky Pete looks great!

The housing is also called the cage
Simrell creates these too? Interesting, thank you!

Meh performance. Check out the cheap glass or the saml threads for better options way less money.
Oh, that is surprising. Fortunately, I asked here... :) Thank you very much for your opinion, that helps me a lot!

EDIT: Ok, so I treated myself to a The Mega Globe Mk 2 – Flat Earth Edition. I'm very excited and looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Razhumikin

I am personally not a huge fan of the globe style bongs, i had one and it was ok, but i gave it away to a friend because I much prefer the function of other bong styles; neither the flavor nor the action is ideal from a globe style bong and I just found myself always using a different option instead.

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
why not a VapBong/Aromatizer?

jaxels-art.de

they're the #1! and also artisinal <3
Absolutely beautiful, thank you! However, I would like something that I can use with my portable vapes. Moreover, the prices exceed my budget quite significantly... :o

D020d or simmilar all day for me.
Would you mind explaining to me what D020d is? Thank you!

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Too bad, I've already ordered a globe now. I hope it's not too bad... At least it's my first bong to use with a vaporizer so I can't compare. :lol:
It’s not a bad first bong. The perc requires too much water to fully cover which reduces the volume, the whip is an interesting option to change the draw but there are 18mm hoses that allow more airflow than the 14mm.

The cooling is decent but the flavor is a bit muted. I suspect you will like the carb option.

Don’t let all these guys with a dozen bongs and 2 dozen vapes get ya down. At least you didn’t pay for that tabletop version!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
It’s not a bad first bong. The perc requires too much water to fully cover which reduces the volume, the whip is an interesting option to change the draw but there are 18mm hoses that allow more airflow than the 14mm.
Yes, I was also surprised about the 14mm, as everywhere the 18mm seem to be praised and preferred.

The cooling is decent but the flavor is a bit muted. I suspect you will like the carb option.
Since I've only been vaping for a month, I'm not (yet) a flavor chaser. For me, it's actually more about the cooling.

Don’t let all these guys with a dozen bongs and 2 dozen vapes get ya down.
Thanks, that reassures me a bit. It's actually my first bong for a vaporizer. The last time I pulled from a (combustion) bong must be 20 years ago, so I'm quite curious about the experience.

At least you didn’t pay for that tabletop version!
I really didn't expect the Tabletop Bong to be so unpopular. In the videos, everything looks very convincing, so I'm truly surprised. Fortunately, there's FC - thank you guys! 🙏

Razhumikin

I really didn't expect the Tabletop Bong to be so unpopular. In the videos, everything looks very convincing, so I'm truly surprised. Fortunately, there's FC - thank you guys! 🙏

I think they are somewhat popular among a different, more reddit-ey crowd, who are more hype-prone and less focused on what is actually the best way to consume.

Also, i had never looked before, and I did not realize just how insanely expensive these tabletop bongs are! Over 200 canadian for any of the models, thats fucking wild! This is a 50 dollar bong (retail, not wholesale) with like 5 dollars of wood hastily thrown around. Talk about a grift!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I think they are somewhat popular among a different, more reddit-ey crowd, who are more hype-prone and less focused on what is actually the best way to consume.

Ok, I understand. Luckily, I asked here and not on Reddit... :lol:

Also, i had never looked before, and I did not realize just how insanely expensive these tabletop bongs are! Over 200 canadian for any of the models, thats fucking wild! This is a 50 dollar bong (retail, not wholesale) with like 5 dollars of wood hastily thrown around. Talk about a grift!

Yes, that is really a lot of money. On the other hand, I live in Switzerland, so nothing ever seems overpriced to me, because everything is already so much more expensive here anyway. :shrug:

Bad vaporizer and bong reviews are among the least harmful of the misinformation on the internets, but you shouldn’t be surprised. 😂

And I'm professionally involved in the internet, so I should have known that, actually... :hmm::lol:

maremaresing

Tabletop bong guy has good honest reviews and seems like a nice person. I was surprised at what he was charging, but that's "custom" prices in this space. I see worse.

Globe bubblers always seemed like a standard bubbler with extra expense and steps. I think it looks very "mad scientist" which appeals to some people's aesthetic.

Functionally, you can get the same thing in a cleaner package for way less with a bubbler that has an integrated glass base. You know, how waterpipes have been designed since forever. Globes and cages are a step backwards.

At the end of the day I don't like them for the same reasons people like them. The aesthetic.

the cube ones are an abomination lol.

What's wrong with the cube ones? I like the look of cube and puck bubblers.

Razhumikin

Tabletop bong guy has good honest reviews and seems like a nice person. I was surprised at what he was charging, but that's "custom" prices in this space. I see worse.

Globe bubblers always seemed like a standard bubbler with extra expense and steps. I think it looks very "mad scientist" which appeals to some people's aesthetic.

Functionally, you can get the same thing in a cleaner package for way less with a bubbler that has an integrated glass base. You know, how waterpipes have been designed since forever. Globes and cages are a step backwards.

At the end of the day I don't like them for the same reasons people like them. The aesthetic.

What's wrong with the cube ones? I like the look of cube and puck bubblers.
The cube shape is not condusive to good function. The amount of space inside the bong means you need both a lot of water, causing significant drag on your inhale and blowback once youve finished, and that the flavor will be worse because of the large amount of space in the piece means the vapor gets highly diffused.

rizlafreak

two dog star
Search for sneaky Pete megaglobe or vgoodiez orb

The housing is also called the cage

Meh performance. Check out the cheap glass or the saml threads for better options way less money.
I imagine a straighter pipe/waterfilter is better, yet it's my experience... like a cylinder bong or ehle power tower etc should perform better due to the more direct inhalation.
My impression is that a bulbous design is not optimal for vapor. because it will at first have to mix with displaced air inside, then when clearing it, it takes longer to get all the vapor out the bulb.
on the other hand there is glass like the first real vaping glass; 'de verdamper', ... i'm a bit confused.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it a given that these downstem diffusors with a globe provide good flavor and cooling? I find them ugly tbh. And whats with the cage? None of my other glass needs one. @Shit Snacks might know more about it.

Far from a given, but they are not universal designs.. if it has a matrix perc then it is going to kill flavor and in my opinion have shitty air flow, along with plenty of blowback risk... The globe shape doesn't do anything for flavor or cooling really, potentially with the volume for the cooling, I have orb shapes with different perks, none of them top down like the standard matrix globe, even the ones with the circ perc wouldn't interest me at all... I think people like them for the style and modularity more than anything else?

A lot of people like the matrix sidecar stuff like D020D but I think those are bad as well because of the perc with dewar and I hate those mouthpieces too... Newer SamL glass is much better imo

Yes, that is really a lot of money. On the other hand, I live in Switzerland, so nothing ever seems overpriced to me, because everything is already so much more expensive here anyway

Oh cool, there's a lot of great swiss paraphernalia lol Anyway I'd suggest checking out the other glass threads, if you want to see some other popular options with more detail... Start at the end of a thread and work your way back, some of them are pretty big and busy though!

Top Bottom