• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Super Vapezilla

Vaporizer_Reviews

I just bought a Super Vapezilla and I couldn?t be more disappointed. Wicked Roots heavily advertised a beautifully over-engineered, multi-holed ceramic heating element with Sapphire Technology that is bigger and longer than a donkeys ?you know what?, encapsulated in an enormous, perfectly tapered glass tube, in their most recent brochure and on their website today, which was my only reason for purchasing the Super Vapezilla in the first place.

They sent me a Super Vapezilla with a ceramic heating element that is smaller and shorter than my girlfriends little pinky, with one hole in it. It takes well over 20 minutes to reach 450 degrees in a 65 degree room. They claim that you will get 3 ? 5 inhalations of concentrated vapor per load. In reality, if you are using the highest grade organic herb, your inhalation session could last well over 1 hour with stirring, even with the smallest load. That is not a good thing for health, flavor, effect, or if you have a life. The extended inhalations of dry hot air have caused severe discomfort in my neck, throat, and chest even though it has been going through a water bong. I have never even experienced this discomfort in all my years of smoking. I?m using the best herb of my life which tastes like pure lemon when ?smoked? through a bong. When vaporized through a friends VripMaster Agent 007, I feel like I just had my septum sanitized with Lemon Pine-Sol. Through the Super Vapezilla, the best I can get is just a decent, bland, classic vapor flavor, nothing special.

The end result effect of the Super Vapezilla is quite strong, I'll give it that. But it is a rise, but not a ride. And before I know it, all I feel is a dementia like experience, but no Zen feeling in my body. The Zen is still in the spent product if I smoke it or vaporize it with a more capable vaporizer, but that would defeat the purpose getting the Super Vapezilla in the first place. I really like to be able to harness that threshold of right before burning, without oxidation, with complete and even heat distribution, in one quick hit, in order to get that perfect bioactive slam that I am looking for. With the Super Vapezilla, the herb is still a tan green after an entire hour of vaporizing the smallest load at the highest temperature, with multiple stirs, since you will continually get a dark bulls eye in the front of the load which requires stirring.

Beware of the good rave reviews of the SuperVapezillas. A lot of them are actually true. Their biggest raves came from high profile people that got the better Super Vapezillas that were first used to ?break the ice? in the vaporizer market, and win the ?2004 High Times Best Vaporizer? award. Once they got their reputation, they outsourced production to China, but continued to advertise photos of their older superior multi-holed ceramic heating element up until this very day. 4 years of False Advertising. Every other detail in the Wicked Roots enterprise has been updated. Everything except for the photo of the one thing that everything else revolves around, which isn?t even in the units anymore. A lot of the other rave reviews are coming from rookies that are experiencing vapor for the first time. Any vapor will get raves from someone that hasn?t experienced it before, simply because it is new and different than smoke.

Also, be careful of what you read on all forums. I?ve seen Volcano people getting shoed off of Super Vapezilla dominated forums by other Super Vapezilla users, with comments that imply such shoeing. Aren?t forums created for people to communicate with each other to help each other out, kind of like networking? I?ve never tried the Volcano, since I already had a Voodoo bag system before. I don?t know if the Volcano is any good or not. All I know is that I've seen Volcano people getting shoed off of Super Vapezilla dominated forums more than once. Take everything you read with a grain of salt. Sooner or later the truth will surface as to what is really best for you and your needs, hopefully at a lesser expense than what I realized.

I provided my dissatisfying feedback to Wicked Roots (May 2008) immediately after noticing the ceramic heating element switch-a-roo that they pulled on me and they replied:

?The multi-holed ceramic heating element pictured on our website is pre-2005. Since then, we have upgraded to a single-hole, 400W ceramic heating element to allow the Vapezilla (Super and Classic) line of vaporizers to work on a larger variety of herbs, including Salvia Divinorum.?

The vaporization point of Salvia is 500 ? 572 degrees Fahrenheit. The Super Vapezilla couldn?t get that hot in an hour if I plugged the hole and fed the intake fan with a blow dryer.

If they were really proud of this ?upgrade? to a Peewee heating element, they would have displayed it to consumers 4 years ago.

I tried getting the company to send me a pre-2005 Super Vapezilla by offering to pay them a large premium for one, since I just wanted the best vaporize for myself, and since they have all the parts necessary to repair pre-2005 models.

They replied:

?Unfortunately, we are unable to comply with your request to have the multi-holed heating element installed into your unit. We are not responsible for design changes nor changes made to the models should secondary vendors or manufacturers make changes to the parts they supply to us. All parts are subject to change without notice. FYI, the model that beat the Volcano in the C Cup had the new upgraded heating element, not the multi-holed element.

Per company policy, no refunds of any kind are issued by us. Due to the nature of our products, we have an ALL SALES ARE FINAL policy (each customer is aware of our return policy before completing checkout). For sanitary and hygienic purposes, we do NOT accept any returns of any kind. We make no exceptions to our return policy. There is no free trial period. It is rather unfair for us to accept the return since we cannot resell the unit. We do not sell used or refurbished units so the unit will be worthless to us. We genuinely appreciate your support. However, we cannot accept the return. You can always try to sell the unit on eBay.?

If you are considering purchasing a Vapezilla or Super Vapezilla make sure you thoroughly understand how Wicked Roots handles their business. They are indeed wicked.

I am really am having a hard time understanding how this crap received any awards after 2004.

If you test a Super Vapezilla at a competition, be sure they are displaying the same units that they are selling. Look inside the hole. You will either see a tiny heating element the size of a little girl?s pinky with one hole, or haus multi-holed unit. If you see them trying to pull a fast one with a multi-holed heating element, raise some concerns, because that won?t be the same unit that you take home with you. I haven?t seen Wicked Roots in competition, so I don?t how they handle themselves there. But I just had one of the shadiest experiences of my life, dealing with these crooks online, so I wouldn?t put it past them to try and pull some dirty little tricks at a competition to dazzle voters.

I have no personal interest in any vaporizer company.

Here is my ranking and summary of the highest profile vaporizers:

1st Place - VRIPTECH 007

Pros: The best, most intense, quality vapor hit you will ever have in your life.

One hit, be done, just the way I like.

Nothing will ever come close.

The best instant relief I?ve ever experienced on my lower back and bowel pain, stemming from a severe spinal and back injury that keeps me from taking my shirt off in public.

Optional accessories to make it even better.

Made in the U.S. by true herbal enthusiasts.

Cons: Not very ergonomic.

Lots of breakable items.

Suggestions to Consumer: Get a friend that knows what they are doing to hold the heat gun.

2nd Place - Silver Surfer

Pros: Genius Simplicity.

Almost instantaneous heat up.

Completely silent and so Zen.

No cool down time.

Vapor just as good as a Super Vapezilla.

Good quality vapor for people with MS.

About half the price of the Super Vapezilla.

Made in the U.S. by true herbal enthusiasts.

Cons: Vinyl tubing

Extended inhalation periods

Herb requires much stirring

Suggestions to Consumer: Order silicone medical grade tubing from the Wicked Roots website and just make a quick easy switch to your Silver Surfer. Wicked Roots sells good silicone tubing for $2.75 USD/ft. on their accessories page, which is the company?s only real beef against the Silver Surfer. 4ft is more than enough.

3rd Place ? VaporGenie

Pros: It?s portable

It makes vapor on demand

Cons: Probably not your first choice if you?re sitting at home and you have something better to use

Suggestions to Consumer: Use a wooden match after the sulfur burns as opposed to a lighter. I think wood is healthier than butane. Diamond makes a great match, made in U.S., minimal if any smoke. I wouldn?t use Penley, those are made in India and don?t seem as good.

Last Place - Vapezilla / Super Vapezilla

Pros: The best marketing of all the vaporizers.

Looks pretty.

Hands free.

Best option for people with limited use of their extremities.

Good quality vapor for people with MS.

Cons: If you regularly use really good herbs 3 times a day, plan on spending 3 or more hours a day hooked up to a humming machine if you like to at least try and finish the herb at each session.

Right when you think you?re done, nope, the thing has to cool down for 10 minutes, so don?t plan on going anywhere just yet unless you want to wear your fan motors out.

Oh ya, if your whip gets stuck in the glass tube which seems to happen about every 3rd session with me, you have to cool down completely which takes 10 minutes before it will come out with force. Then you have to warm up again for 20 minutes to get going again. The other night, I accidentally stayed up 5 hours past my regular bed time because I completely lost track of how much time I wasted on a machine, like I?m a vegetable.

Extended inhalations of dry hot air create chronic discomfort in the throat, neck, and chest. Also, chronic discomfort in your sinuses if you exhale through your nostrils like the company suggests. Not a healthy alternative to smoking 3 hits a day out of a bong, in my opinion.

Made in China. I should have known. I?m not sure that?s the best place to get medical equipment.

False advertising. They have been displaying photos of the most gorgeous heating element in their advertisements for over 4 years, but refuse to give it to anybody. Instead you get the Peewee heating element with a screen in front of it so it is difficult to notice. They will never reveal the image of the Peewee heating element anywhere until you receive the unit, and at that point, ALL SALES ARE FINAL, which is what I just experienced.

Riding off rave reviews from a different heating element. A lot of those big shots that provided the rave reviews on their website have the superior pre-2005 systems that were first introduced to ?break the ice?, so they really are satisfied customers.

They are a corporation, not enthusiasts. They want profits. They cut cost by outsourcing, and then sealed up inferior parts in the same riveted box that if gets opened will void your warranty. And they kept the same exact names on the units to further profit from consumer awareness on historical units.

I hope this information is helpful to anybody in the market for a vaporizer so nobody has to go through what I just went through.

After I unload this piece, I?m getting a VripMaster Agent 007 of my own, which I should have purchased in the first place.

Until then, I smoke with a wooden match, through a bong, after the sulfur has burned, without letting the flame touch the herb, sometimes setting a stainless steel screen over loose packed herb with a gap between which dramatically increases the output for some reason to a thick tasty vapor with just a little smoke.

Anybody want to buy a brand new Super Vapezilla?

Better yet, anybody tired of their VripMaster Agent 007 that?s in like new condition and want to trade for a brand new Super Vapezilla? Seriously. Let me know.

Best Regards,

Mikey Million

MBA / Financial Analyst / OEF War Veteran / Patriot / Herbal Enthusiast

marcuss

above the clouds
:|....after your post why someone should buy that piece of crap?

reading lots of posts in some serious forum like this one nobody should buy that fucking chinese box....sorry for your bad purchase...try ebay like they told you!

i always said about wicked roots...BOYCOTT THEM!!!.......memba that!

p.s. i saw a copy of this post in others forums....please no spamming

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
While I'm not aware of the ceramic heater issue you're talking about, I'll agree that Wick Roots is a company to stay away from. The lack of a warranty on parts should be enough for anyone to say 'no thanks, I'll go elsewhere.'

I disagree with some of your other statements.

Rating vapor quality? While different vapes will put out varying amounts for a given pull on the whip (and bag units are a different story but my comments still apply), and the vapor to air ratio can vary, if you're operating in the correct temp range, vapor is vapor. Vriptech doesn't provide a better quality of vapor than other vapes. It may give you a huge hit, but that just means you better have huge lungs or you're wasting vapor.

Why do you think the tubing supplied by 7th Floor for the SSV needs upgrading? All good brand name (made in China ripoffs NOT included) vape companies supply safe, food grade tubing.

Almost instantaneous heat up
for the Surfer. That's going too far. It's quick for sure, but almost instantaneous would be a matter of seconds, and it doesn't heat up that fast.

The vaporization point of Salvia is 500 ? 572 degrees Fahrenheit.
That's a bit high. You're getting into combustion territory. It also depends on what type of Salvia you're talking about.

The only 'con' you have for the VaporGenie is that it's probably not your first choice if you have something better. That's not much info for someone not familiar with the various vapes. It's not the first choice because it's an inexpensive butane powered portable. It's enough for some people as their only vape, but comparing it to electric models doesn't make much sense.

I also don't understand why you call these the 'highest profile vaporizers'. Certainly the Vriptech isn't. It doesn't get the amount of sales or discussion that some other vapes do. The Genie is high profile only when discussing butane vapes.

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I'm going to be lazy and not quote anything for now...

I feel bad bashing a product that I've never used and a company I've never dealt with, but I have to agree on vapezilla, wicked roots. Avoid at all costs!

The Vriptech systems looks pretty cool (albeit relatively inconvenient), providing the hot air gun runs super clean. For people who love the monster combustion bong hits it sounds like a good substitute.

I've wondered about the SSV's tubing as a weak link, but, it's said to be food safe, and isn't exposed to much heat anyway. Is it vinyl? The Vapolution's tubing looks the same and their website says it does not contain PVC (polyvinyl chloride)... confusing. :)

What is the benefit of silicone tubing? Higher heat resistance? On the downside it's said to absorb a lot of dirt and oil from your hands.

Yeah, if you crank the SSV to max, the element glows red in like 15 seconds, you can start vaporizing really fast but it's a bitch to regulate. 5 minutes for warm up isn't really a long time to wait, it also works better when the glass has time to warm up. Technically speaking it does need time to cool down, if I'm putting it in its bag I wait a few minutes.

I'd say the Vaporgenie is the best in its class, but it's not in the same class as electric units.

max said:
That's a bit high. You're getting into combustion territory. It also depends on what type of Salvia you're talking about.
Some salvia can be vaped? I thought it required jet flame heat levels to "activate".

I hope Vaporizer_Reviews responds and isn't just a copy paste spammer. :)

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yea I have try salvia few time in the vap and it dont work ...I think i must be consum to be active

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Some salvia can be vaped? I thought it required jet flame heat levels to "activate".
yea I have try salvia few time in the vap and it dont work
You guys are probably right. I was going by some info I've seen, referring to salvia vaping temps. Haven't actually run across anyone who's successfully vaped it.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
my best high on salvia has always been done by smoking it throut a ''poumon'' it like a half of 2l bottle with a bag wrap to it and a bowl , light with a torch

Clear_Dome,

Vaporizer_Reviews

The less amount of hot air that runs across the herb, the more intense it tastes, in whole, due to less oxidation. So with the Vrip, if you do it right, not only will you get more intense flavor all at once, you will also get more flavor in total. To me, the experience is exponentially better than everything else I?ve tried. One hit is the only way to get it perfect (for me). I don?t like stretching things out, taking one lower quality hit after the other until I get fed up, or physically uncomfortable inside from extended inhalations of dry hot air. That was why I was looking forward the quick 3-5 hits of ?concentrated vapor? that the Super Vapezilla claims as opposed to drawn out sessions. You can try to shorten the sessions by using just a flake, but that?s not going to help your concentration levels any. Not to mention, the Vrip is able to extract to a greater extent at much greater capacity if you so choose. Some people like the Starbucks Roast. Some people like a medium roast. Some people don?t like big hits and just like a rise. Everybody has their own thing. Me, Iron Lung.

In regards to the instantaneous heat up of the SSV. Of course it?s not ready to go in a split second, but in comparison to the Super Vapezilla, it is faster than instantaneous. Just a perspective thing I guess. And what I meant by no cool down, is that you don?t have baby-sit it once you?re finished, like with the Super Vapezilla. You can just get up and go.

Some of the most useful properties of silicone include:
1. Thermal stability (constancy of properties over a wide operating range of ?100 to 250 C).
2. Though not lipophilic, the ability to repel water and form watertight seals.
3. Excellent resistance to oxygen, ozone and sunlight.
4. Flexibility.
5. Good electrical insulation.
6. Nonstick.
7. Low chemical reactivity.
8. Low toxicity.
9. High gas permeability: at room temperature (25 C) the permeability of silicone rubber for gases like oxygen is approximately 400 times that of butyl rubber, making silicone useful for medical applications (though precluding it from applications where gas-tight seals are necessary).

Silicone is becoming an important product in the cookware industry, particularly bakeware and kitchen utensils. It is also used as an insulator in heat resistant potholders and similar, however it is more conductive of heat than the less dense fiber-based ones. Silicone oven mitts are able to withstand temperatures up to 675F (357C)ref., and allow reaching into boiling water.[5]

Yes, the Silver Surfer?s tubing is ?food safe? vinyl as stated on their web site. I?ve used ?food safe? vinyl tubing in the past, and even 12 foot homemade ?food safe? vinyl vapor bags. The areas that get exposed to the most heat will harden and shrink over time, not to mention what residual things that are happening that you can?t see or detect with your naked eye. A lot of people complain about vinyl. It?s such a cheap upgrade, I wouldn?t even question it.

Yes, silicone tubing is better suited for higher temperatures. I?ve never seen any adverse reactions to heat. They use it in oven mitts that withstand 675 degrees Farenheit. Yes, it gets dirty easier. But you can clean it, or you can just buy more. It?s cheap.

I?ve never vaped Salvia. But after Wicked Roots told me that that was what the inferior heating element in my Super Vapezilla was intended for, I researched online. I only found a few people that claimed they have vaped Salvia, and it was at extremely high temperatures (500 ? 572 degrees Farenheit). The whole point is that the Super Vapezilla is capable of no such thing. I don?t know why they would tell that. Maybe because of the fact that they know a lot of people have never even heard of Salvia nor want to try it. Like, ?just make the customers think it?s an upgrade and maybe they?ll stop bugging us.?

I recognized the Vapor Genie because not all of my or most other peoples time is spent at home base. Something has to be recognized for the other times in life. Vapor Genie fits the bill better than anything else I?ve tried for those scenarios.

Vaporizer_Reviews,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Glad you responded, sounds like you are a serious vaporist.

I definitely want to try the heatgun/Vriptech method, it sounds pretty sick and doesn't seem to get much exposure. From what I've seen you can get by with just need a heatgun and GonG, but probably better with that larger "Vaporization Chamber Bowl". I'd definitely want a really good and clean heatgun... are you using that Steinel HG2510 ESD as mentioned on the Vriptech site?

Thanks for posting some more properties of silicone, I guess it has a few +s in addition to heat resistance. I'll try to grab a length of tube if I see some, though I've not had any issues with shrinkage or hardening with my SSV's tubing. I don't think it's exposed to much heat.

Yes, we all dislike the (Super)Vapezilla and Wicked Roots here. You're in good company. :) That's funny they said it could vape salvia.

Fully agree on the Genie, it's the most portable and rugged little flame powered vape I've seen. Though, I still prefer to lug the SSV around if possible. :)

:cheers:

vtac,

Purple-Days

First off, we make vaporizers. No hiding.

But, more importantly we owned a Super-Vapezilla.
Until it's 'pre-mature' de-mize just after the warranty ran out.
It was an expensive lesson.

Addressing the silicone issue: It has a much better 'feel' , far superior when clean, but it attracts every particle of dust that it gets near (slight exageration:p). If you weren't careful it could be like licking a cat. I had forgotten about that.:rolleyes: So, while it has advantages it's not the ultimate solution to whip tubing. It also stains, from the inside out. Rubber stoppers and alcohol would remove any goo, but the stain was always there. Brown and dirty looking.

"In reality, if you are using the highest grade organic herb, your inhalation session could last well over 1 hour with stirring, even with the smallest load. ?". says Vaporizer_Reviews.

Maybe not quite that long, but he's right, it's an extended session. Not for everybody, nothing is.

What I couldn't take, were those two muffin fans in the back, screaming for hours on end. And the hot air blowing all the time. With a 8-10 minute warm up (to about 395'+ on their scale) and at least 20 minutes of fans-running cool down time* , we almost never shut it down..

*And that cool down time is vital.:mad: That's what saves those delicate electronics. You have to adjust the temp setting to room temp and wait while those fans dissapate the heat from a 400 watt element.

Our Super-Vapezilla might be operating today :rolleyes: if it weren't for a couple of power failures. What do you do when the power fails? That thing has to be cooled down, so hurry and unplug it and go outside and flap like a bird trying to get enough cool air through the thing to save those sweet electronics. Maybe that killed it...

But before that the temp controls started to get tricky. You have to mash two small buttons at the same time to adjust the temp up or down, and you must do this every time you turn the unit on or off. Those buttons or the electronics that control them gave out, a little at a time. Harder and harder to adjust till finally no adjustment at all. Stuck at above 400 and going up only , haha, no way to get it lower or shut it off

We choose not to pay the $200+ repair fee.

It was the most expensive and frustrating purchase in 35 years of habitual use. (Other than herbs of course :cool: )

I wish I had seen Vaporizer_Reviews report before buying ours. I was buying 'the best', an 'award winner'. :rolleyes:

It's an unregulated market, selling to users of black market substances. Buyer Beware. Indeed.:(

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Wow, I didn't know cool down was that bad with the SV... what a piece of shit.

If there was a vaporizer hall of shame, the SV and Wicked Roots would sure win some awards.

vtac,

Purple-Days

I didn't go into all the other reasons we didn't like it.

But the cool down period is one major problem ! :mad:

Try this scenario. You want a little before you hit the sack. It better be 20 minutes before you hit the sack. Cause you will be staring at a blue light on a machine that is out of the vapor zone for 20 minutes.

Or this, wanna go to the movies a few blocks down the street. Can't get a fresh buzz and walk in. Gotta let that sucka cool down before you can leave the house. 20 minutes of waiting and no vape available. :rolleyes:

Or any 'official' visit, Mom or the landlord, let's say. What do you do with that screaming thing. You can't just un-plug and tuck it away. There goes $500 plus.

And believe me you can't just hope nobody notices. It's load enough to be heard outside the house. When they come in the first thing they look at will be that black box with a shining blue light and red digital readout. 'What's that? And could you turn it dowm so we can talk?" would be a likely comment.

Vapor_Reviews was right about the frosted glass fittings getting stuck. And you have to figure in the stress of imagining breaking the glass trying to untangle the mess. OH, Wicked Roots very clearly says right in their instructions not to fully insert the glass fitting, so it's your fault ! What? I'm supposed to judge how far in I can put the thing? The game operation comes to mind, don't shake or you loose. We never broke a glass piece from it getting stuck, but it was a bad experience every time. And happened often enough to become a drag. Worry should not be a part of vapor making.

Of note in the Wicked Roots reply: "We are not responsible for design changes nor changes made to the models should secondary vendors or manufacturers make changes to the parts they supply to us." Huh? What does that mean, really?

Purple-Days,

djelimon

What I couldn't take, were those two muffin fans in the back, screaming for hours on end. And the hot air blowing all the time. With a 8-10 minute warm up (to about 395'+ on their scale) and at least 20 minutes of fans-running cool down time* , we almost never shut it down..

*And that cool down time is vital.mad That's what saves those delicate electronics. You have to adjust the temp setting to room temp and wait while those fans dissapate the heat from a 400 watt element.
Reminds me of the Vapir products

Although they aren't nearly as noisy as you describe

Or as delicate

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So basically you can't run the Super Vapezilla without those two fans on the back blasting? You can turn off the vapor pushing fan, and just hit the whip manually, right?

I just spent a few hours vaping at my desk and left the SSV on the whole time. After watching those SV videos on youtube (1 2 3) I can't imagine having that hairdryer running next to me. Don't they give you a mouthpiece?

Cool dude in the first video says "the Vapezilla's kinda loud, not really", haha, yeah best vape ever, buddy. :rolleyes:

vtac,

Purple-Days

"You can turn off the vapor pushing fan, and just hit the whip manually, right?", asks vapor tactician.

Not that I'm aware of. Not on ours. Actually both fans are pushing air through the heater. All the time. There is a sheet metal 'divider' between the heater and electronics.

"I can't imagine having that hairdryer running next to me.", says vapor tactician. And neither could we.
Today was a good example, a warm day that would have been miserable with the 'hairdryer' running.

When our Super Vapezilla bit it, it was a good day. We desperately needed a new vaporizer, but we didn't have to live with the monster anymore. :D The noise, the heat, the desk space, the hassle.

"Don't they give you a mouthpiece?" We got a glass fitting that has a screen (standard size screen BTW :o ), that holds the herb, then you get a piece of silicone whip material, that's what you suck on, no mouthpiece other than the silicone whip. We ordered an extra piece of tubing for 'visitors'. ;)

Purple-Days,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Again, what a piece of shit. $550 is just laughable (though I'm sure you weren't :(), along with all the bullshit they tout on their websites.

There is a sheet metal 'divider' between the heater and electronics.
That must be the patented "Vapor Seal - Separated Electronics from inhalation heating chamber"

I imagine it would collect some dust inside with those fans pushing air non stop.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
"We are not responsible for design changes nor changes made to the models should secondary vendors or manufacturers make changes to the parts they supply to us." Huh? What does that mean, really?
To me it means they knew early in the game that they had a fragile product that could crap out at any time for any number of reasons, and that disclaimer, along with their warranty that doesn't cover parts, allows them to make a big profit on every sale without risking any of that profit when the unit comes back for repair. They gotcha there too. :rolleyes:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
max said:
To me it means they knew early in the game that they had a fragile product that could crap out at any time for any number of reasons, and that disclaimer, along with their warranty that doesn't cover parts, allows them to make a big profit on every sale without risking any of that profit when the unit comes back for repair. They gotcha there too. :rolleyes:
In fact, they're probably making bank from the $200 repair fee and they make it clear that you also have to pay shipping both ways.

Reading all the bullshit on their spammy hype-machine websites pisses me off...

Wicked Roots Vaporizer Commpany stands behind every single herbal vaporizer in our catalog. If there are absolutley any problems feel free to contact Vaporizer Support in our Company Info directory. Wicked Roots is not your fly by night type of vaporizer manufacturer. We know what we built, and we stand behind all our products. All our vaporizers are made with a new ceramic heating technology that has no service life. This means they will last forever vs other aluminum heating elements used in so called "medical grade vaporizers." When you purchase a vaporizer from Wicked Roots be assured we will treat you like family and if there are any problems we are always here to help you. We will be releasing a forum for our family of customers in early 2005, to show that we stand behind our herbal vaporizers.
Vaporizer Company

We strive for simplicity of operation and a refined appearance for all Wicked Roots Vaporizer components. Wicked Roots vaporizer manufacturing employs both automatic and manual assembly procedures for vaporizer manufacturing. Quality is maintained by choosing the best process for the operation, followed by inspection and testing stages. Premium quality vaporization parts made specifically for Wicked Roots enhance both the performance and reliability of our components. We are as proud to make these wonderful vaporizer instruments as our customers are to own them. For those who invest in Wicked Roots Herbal Vaporizers, the vaporization experience can be truly breathtaking. Every Wicked Roots vaporizer is designed and built to last a lifetime: to engage and involve, long after its price is forgotten.

Some Things Are Meant To Be Perfect... Wicked Roots Creates Them...
Are you fucking kidding me?

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
should be nice if some wicked roots staff member read all this kind words...and reply!
i've been at the last C.C. in Dam last year and i saw them like as a ninja team...all young asian people black suited...i think they just play with apparence and false rewiews

hope that thanks the net community this spammers quicky move to an other businnes...chinese restaurant could be a better choice!

marcuss,

Purple-Days

Hate to beat on these guys. But, I bought one and lived with it. Free speach for all...

And be aware, I am talking about a 2005 model, single hole heater unit.

I take full responsibility for it's demise, the power failures and non-compliance with the mandatory fan-on cool down periods certainly are my fault, not their's, I should have had it hooked to a UPS so nothing could ever happen to that precious investment. Or, right now, I could have the unit repaired under their terms, but choose not to. :/ Anyway...

Vapor Tactician wrote, "That must be the patented "Vapor Seal - Separated Electronics from inhalation heating chamber". Hmmm, :lol: it was a piece of sheet metal with a couple of 90 degree bends. It 'separated', but did nothing like 'sealing'. There were dabs of caulk (dark-reddish) in the guts of the machine, looked to be mostly to keep parts secure. But there was no 'Vapor Seal' by any stretch of imagination, just a rough fit (against?) top and bottom for that 2005 unit. Maybe they have improved? Doesn't sound like it.

As far as dust they had two permanent plastic mesh screens that stopped dust well. Of course they soon clogged and with no way to get them really clean (I think they recommend a dust blower) like soap and water and get them back in position, well they were soon goners, my choice. Once in a while you smelled a scrap of dust blown onto the hot ceramic, but it was OK mostly, without the dust screens. Worked better without them we thought. Way too much hassle to keep clean and free-flowing.

Purple-Days,

ozwiz

owner Vaporiser World NOW live Australia
Hi guys I have half a dozen or so vaporizers starting with a super vapezilla, stealth vaporfection, vapor tower , vapir oxygen, vm3 volatizer, an extreme, & the big daddy of them all a herborizer. The herborizer is the latest addition & is the absolute best vaporizer I have tried. I know you lose some thc going through the water but this thing is so efficient it really doesn't seem to matter. I've read a lot of bad press about wr & svz on here I agree about the company but not about the product . i heat it to 180 c it takes 5mins max admittedly it is a little noisy & does take 5 mins or so to cool down. The hits at that temp setting though are way smoother & more consistent than the stealth. the stealths convenience fast startup & no waiting for cooldown are good but i still rate svz just. The vm3 volatizer is a great little unit for outdoor events where you need to be a bit discreet , far supreme taste to the vapir oxygen which tastes of plastic or something. The extreme I really do like but one of my main reasons of turning to vaps was for my health . i have to set the extreme at 350 c to get as good a hit as i get from either the herborizer or svz at 180c . I will post more of my experiences with these vaps in the next day or 2 . This is my first post I hope my input was helpful.:cheers:

ozwiz,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Keep it comin ozwiz...sounds like you've got a lot of good experience to share!

Can you link to the herborizer? I've never seen that one.
Thanks!

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
ozwiz said:
The extreme I really do like but one of my main reasons of turning to vaps was for my health . i have to set the extreme at 350 c to get as good a hit as i get from either the herborizer or svz at 180c
welcome ozwiz! i'm sure you are a guru vaporist and we look for people like you in this forum....just a little thing on the extreme...if you take your time to read this forum you'll find everything about this vape's temps issue.....your plant doesn't reach this temp!!the digital sensor read the heater temp!So your plant get the same 180-195c of any other vape.
check this in the exterme thread!

marcuss,
Top Bottom