Discontinued Super Vapezilla

max

Out to lunch
The whip that he gave me with it seems to be some sort of shitty tubing that turned brown.
Any tubing will turn brown eventually. If tubing is all you need, just measure the inner and outer diameters and make sure what you buy is the same or close. You can get Silcon brand silicone tubing from U.S. Plastic Corp. at a good price.

max,

max

Out to lunch
The lack of a parts warranty on any of their products is all the info anyone should need to make the decision not to buy a Vapezilla or Super Vapezilla. The part most likely to fail, the controller, will cost over $200 (last time I checked) to replace. Not much of a warranty, and IMO not much of a company.

"Vaporizer Products WarrantyThe Vapezilla and Phedor vaporizers are manufactured in the USA and come with a 1-year warranty (parts not included), with lifetime labor and support."

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
also, the fact that they were demoing units with massive heating cores and then selling units that had cores the size of pinky fingers is a pure bait and switch. You must have been one of the lucky ones to get the units that didn't suck, because pretty much everybody I know will never buy a wicked roots product again because of how badly theirs performed

CentiZen,
I've had a Vapezilla for a few years but I stopped using it because I didn't know what I was doing. I could never tell when it was finished. After it became a warm a steady steam of white gas would emit from the tube. I watched it once for 3-4 minutes and it never dissipated so I realized that it must be either hot air or melting plastic. I now recognize the melting plastic idea was mistaken.
I also felt I was moving the temperature knob around without much of an idea of what I was doing. Occasionally I'd move it too far to the right and would be left with cinders.

I believe my comments are not very specific to the Vapezilla and are just a report from someone that was confused by a vaporizer.

EndlessLuke,

trontreez

I've also has a Vapezilla classic (single hole heating element) for a quite few years now and wanted to share my experiences.

I was a long-term habitual marijuana smoker for recreational purposes and was looking at a healthier option to smoking. I came across vaporizing online and decided to give it a try. I wanted whatever was top of the line at the time and after a little research (I was unaware of this forum at the time) it "seemed" that the Volcano or the Vapezilla was the best out there. I decided on the Vapezilla mainly because of the HTCC awards and Marijuana connosseur Jason King saying it was better.

It did take we a while to come to grips with vaping at first but after a few weeks I seemed to get the hang of things. The "high" seemed to be more up and cerebral, rather than the strong physical body and narcotizing effects I came to enjoy from smoking bongs.

Overall I was impressed by the performance of the Vapezilla. For me it took around 5 min to heat up to the desired temp and another 5 min or so to cool down. The first 1-2 hits seemed to be full of flavor but dissipated afterwards. The quality of the vapor seemed good, somewhat like a nice mist, thick at first and getting thinner after the first 3-5 draws.

The main drawbacks it seemed to have were the herb seemed to vape on for ever and it was hard to decided when it was time to discard the load carcas. The vape was a little dry at times not being water cooled. Also a few times after an extended session, 20-30 min, the vaporizer seemed to get too hot and would occasionally cause a little combustion of the herb. But after extensive use these problems were easy enough for me to figure out how best to use the unit for my needs.

Currently I'm in the market for another vape not because the Vapezilla doesn't work well enough but because it's old technology and I'm sure there are better vapes on the market nowadays. I'll probably get a cloud, or a WHV and water tool :)

Overall I think the device is a decent enough vape itself even if the price is way too high and the company might be a little shady.

I will add this has been my first and only vaporizer so I can't really compare it to what else is on the market.

max

Out to lunch
Currently I'm in the market for another vape not because the Vapezilla doesn't work well enough but because it's old technology and I'm sure there are better vapes on the market nowadays. I'll probably get a cloud, or a WHV and water tool
I don't think "old technology" is the problem with the design. From what we've seen of the guts, the air path isn't the best, safety wise.

I'll probably get a cloud, or a WHV and water tool
You mean VHW, right? Since you can get one of those set up specifically for Aussie outlets, that's the way I'd go if I were you.

max,

trontreez

Yes that's what I mean the Vriptech Heat Wand. Are there any known mods one can make with the Vapezilla to make the air path safer ? I was planning to keep the zilla as a back up just in case something happens to my new vape.

trontreez,
Top Bottom