Suggest me an affordable heavy hitting desktop? (Sticky brick vs competitors)

Finessseee

Been looking into the sticky brick, noisy cricket, dougs woodery, dreamwood, etc. which is the best to hook up to multiple 18MM bongs? I’m assuming all I’ll need is one of these and a torch. Any suggestions? Only other option would maybe be the Tinymight.

Last edited:
Finessseee,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
REFC JetDryV is another option, unfortunately currently out of stock :(

Finessseee

REFC JetDryV is another option, unfortunately currently out of stock :(

I actually just bought a bong off his website lol. I’m gonna look into this even tho they’re out of stock. Seems solid for the price!

Finessseee,

Finessseee

The Oconnel Knotty Topper
The Lamart Piro
And the Elev8R ?

Gonna check them out now. Elev8r looks like it rips but it also looks like a lot to have out all at once. I also have no clue what Elev8r attachments to buy in the cart options

Finessseee,

Timps27

You need a good torch for the Elev8r; but other than that nothing. It takes a bit of experimenting to get “your” Elev8r and torch combo dialed in, but once you do it’s repeatable and hits very hard.

Finessseee

You need a good torch for the Elev8r; but other than that nothing. It takes a bit of experimenting to get “your” Elev8r and torch combo dialed in, but once you do it’s repeatable and hits very hard.

I feel like if I get the Elev8r I’ll just get a temp dial. I just don’t know the best one to get for the cheapest price lol

Finessseee,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
It doesn't help your choice but I happened to have 2 of the vapes you mentioned in hand so snapped a picture.
Gotta love artisan vapes

IMG-20220201-155445.jpg

Finessseee

auber rdk300 or dc micro PID controller?

Finessseee,

Timps27

If you are going to get a PID and coil my suggestion is to take some time with PID research as it can (and will IMO) be used for future vapes in your kit.

In general for electronic UI my opinion is that knobs are superior to buttons, YMMV.

Hippie

Ohhh a coil you say :)
If you're thinking about a coil Elev8R setup I recommend you have a look at these 2 as well
I've not got a spare 16mm coil to build the Ti Flowerpot post one yet but I'd expect it to hit harder than the Elev8R if that's what you want
The Pinky does but it's a bit unstable

Or there's the Flowerpot and Qaromas

Finessseee

If you are going to get a PID and coil my suggestion is to take some time with PID research as it can (and will IMO) be used for future vapes in your kit.

In general for electronic UI my opinion is that knobs are superior to buttons, YMMV.

Gotcha! I think I’m gonna do my homework first, but what’s the best between glass / stainless & ruby / boro? How do I know which combo to buy.

Finessseee,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Dont have elev8r. Had to draw the line somewhere.
Have the flowerpot b1.
Whilst the tinymight is a pocket desktop, it won't keep up with a coil based system for flavour or power imo.
If you don't need portability I would look at the big hitters....

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hmm what about the TinyMight compared to the DC-Elev8r?
For many many months these 2 were my DDs except my elev8r is torch driven, not the DC version (don't even get me started on the name because the coil runs on AC lol!). The elev8r can extract 3 times the amount of flower in the same number of hits, Tastes fucking incredible, and slaps hard. Grab a torch version, it's super cheap, and get a coil later if you love it.

Now I hardly touch either since getting my inVersion, it's honestly the only vape I need and I never mind the short wait for it to heat up, even though it's a lot more than 12 seconds 😉🤣 what a blissful experience

Finessseee

For many many months these 2 were my DDs except my elev8r is torch driven, not the DC version (don't even get me started on the name because the coil runs on AC lol!). The elev8r can extract 3 times the amount of flower in the same number of hits, Tastes fucking incredible, and slaps hard. Grab a torch version, it's super cheap, and get a coil later if you love it.

Now I hardly touch either since getting my inVersion, it's honestly the only vape I need and I never mind the short wait for it to heat up, even though it's a lot more than 12 seconds 😉🤣 what a blissful experience

Could you link me the inversion?

Finessseee,

Vaporware

Could you link me the inversion?

If you look way back in the FlowerPot thread, @invertedisdead was talking about a glass or quartz FP and about filling it with balls long before this whole wave of ball vapes came out, and his is still the one I’m most excited to try.

You can’t buy one today, but after a lot of hurdles it looks like they should be more available soon. Definitely high on my list, and I’m confident they’ll be better than FlowerPots apart from being more breakable and not having the ecosystem of accessories CH makes. :)

Edit: I would caution you again though, anything with a coil that you leave heated up and accessible to cats is a risk in your case.

If you can babysit it while it’s on that’s great, but if I don’t want you to come in and find a shattered quartz housing with balls burned into the floor everywhere and maybe a bad burn on a cat from knocking it over…they might notice and steer clear, but if they run into it while it’s on, knock it over or knock something flammable onto it…it could be bad.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

Gotcha! I think I’m gonna do my homework first, but what’s the best between glass / stainless & ruby / boro? How do I know which combo to buy.
I just ordered one last night, with the DC PID, and it's scheduled for a Friday delivery. I went with the stainless because it's supposed to be less restrictive without any real taste penalty, and I went with rubies, partly because they're supposed to have a better heating profile, but really because they look cool and they get darker as they get hotter for a visual indicator. I also got the basic, 19mm glass stand on Troy's recommendation.

Keep in mind this is my first DCE, I've never even seen one in person, so my choices are just based on what I've read or seen online in dozens of pages of FC discussion, lengthy Discord debates, and hours of reviews. I may be a little obsessive, but I think people here understand.

Top Bottom