Discontinued Sublimator XLR

Elemen0py

thesublimator
What’s up subculture !!!!!!
Get ready CANADA we are back on track !!! Lot’s of new things comming soon !!!!

posted on Instagram today - seems there is hope :science:
That post seems to hint at seeds more than anything and given how saturated that market already is I'm not exactly hyped. Unless they have some crazy new strains (I'd wait on independent reviews before jumping on that hype train) or have excellent prices (It's Sublimator, so...) I'm not really excited by this.

What I am hoping is that if they're looking to expand the brand into seed cultivation/distribution then that's a pretty big venture and it bodes well for the rest of the product line. With any luck this will signify a more solid commitment to the reliable manufacture and supply of the Sublimator units and, ideally, a step-up in the temp controller to something that suits such a premium price.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Really, is there any HYPE? Can't see it. A bunch of Spanish breeders who a calling a seedline in honor to Enrico. And all he's doing the last year is promoting this variety. He'll financially participate for sure but what's about his devices? No info, no announcements, no reply to customers inquiries regarding the Sub. I don't know what to think about. But can't see any engagement regarding the Sub.

Mr. Whitewall

Frankly, I can't see any synergic relation between the two products either :shrug:
Maybe Sublimator is not his main operation?
...Otherwise what would a seed company do for Sublimator which Sub itself couldn't do before on its own? :hmm:

BUT, with Cannabis already legalised in Canada, I struggle to understand why go to a prohibitionist country where he can get nailed?
I mean, yes, there are advantages such as better weather, and others he may have found ofc.
But again, why be a seed anything when you're a vape retailer and risk getting caught over it??

Last edited:
Mr. Whitewall,
Reactions: Hogni

SonSzu

Does this device really take half an hour to heat up?

Is there no way around this?

I want the sublimator but I can't stand a 4 minute heat up time... anything more than that seems brutal.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...

Is there no way around this?

I want the sublimator but I can't stand a 4 minute heat up time... anything more than that seems brutal.

For a proper heat soak, yes.
It's usuable after 20min but not at it's peak potential.

You can turn it all the way up while it heats up, that knocks a few minutes off.
But no, there is no real way around this for this device.

When I get up in mornings I often hit the Mighty while the Sub warms up.

I love the Sub, nothing like it.
I just ordered a Flowerpot VRod to add to my arsenal, it will be interesting to see how close in performance it can come to the Sub.

SonSzu

You can turn it all the way up while it heats up, that knocks a few minutes off.

I just ordered a Flowerpot VRod to add to my arsenal, it will be interesting to see how close in performance it can come to the Sub.

I eagerly await your review. This is the exact comparison I'd want.

Any idea what the start up time is on the FP?

SonSzu

About 5 minutes for full heat soaking.

That's the FP vrod?

Kindly tag me wherever u review / compare the two

Elemen0py

I'd like a first hand comparison of the current Flower Pot iteration to the Sub as well.

Having not been able to gain access to a Sub there's a certain mystery to the thing. It's like... on the one hand there's all this bullshit pseudoscience and marketing buzz terms that make me want to write it off, but on the other hand there's people unaffiliated with the company for whom I have a great deal of respect that swear black and blue that it hits harder than anything else.

I still can't discount the possibility that this is buyer's confirmation bias coupled with the placebo effect of having spent the requisite arm and leg to get one of the damn things. For that reason all I can do is remain skeptical until the sub crew get it together and get their shit back on the market for me to try out first-hand.

As a man whose "spirituality" lies within the beauty of science I'm still fascinated by the allure of figuring out just what the fuck is going on with the Sub that makes so many people in which I have faith big it up so hard. What's so frustrating to me is that if what they say is true, then the Sublimator brand could capitalize on that by actually presenting the facts behind its effectiveness instead of disrespecting the customer base with the kind of hyperbolic horse shit you'd expect on late night infomercials.

All I can do for now is theorize that there may be some weight behind the claims of the effectiveness of their atomizer. I can't think of another vape that passes the extracted vapor through a condensed post-extraction pathway that's heated to the same degree, so perhaps this process really does particulate the vapor in a form that penetrates deeper and is more readily absorbed by the bronchioli. It's also possible that the constricted flow of the atomizer causes the user to create a higher negative pressure in the lungs that catalyzes the transfer of particulate to blood-flow but then I've heard users claim that unless you're using the masterglass/whip setup then it rips as easy as any old bong.

For now, the Sub is an alluring mistress to me. She's hot, she's mysterious, she's high maintenance and demanding, and she sounds like a hell of a good time. Even then, my gut says she's not worth it but then my mates all tell me she is. Unfortunately, she's not currently on the market for me to find out for myself...

...but then I'd be lying if I said that's stopped me in the past.

Hogni

Can't you test it anywhere?

I spend one evening with the Sub and was very impressed. But it's too harsh/hard for my sensitive respiratory system and the taste of the Showerhead is much better IMO. If you are just searching for lung-blowing, overwhelming dense vapor hits go with the Sub. But don't forget that it also needs much more maintenance than the SH/VRod and it can stick really bad.
But a monster for sure...

Elemen0py

Can't you test it anywhere?
I'm Australian my dude. I can't test shit.
I spend one evening with the Sub and was very impressed. But it's too harsh/hard for my sensitive respiratory system and the taste of the Showerhead is much better IMO. If you are just searching for lung-blowing, overwhelming dense vapor hits go with the Sub. But don't forget that it also needs much more maintenance than the SH/VRod and it can stick really bad.
But a monster for sure...
The main appeal for me is that I've heard so many people tell me that this is what made them make the switch from smoking to vaping and if I can get that same experience from a bong rip in a vape then sign me the fuck up.

When you say the Sub requires more maintenance what do you mean specifically? Like just in terms of cleaning? And when you say it can stick do you mean by resin build up or by allowing the atomizer to cool and shrink with the heater still in place, causing it to get wedged in there?

Elemen0py,
Reactions: SonSzu

Hogni

Don't worry the SH/VRod also hit like a train with so much vapor as you want depending on your material, it's humidity, preset temp, draw strength, capped or uncapped. It's just smoother, tastier and more reasonable IMO. And doubledeckers are so much easier without the danger of a mess as the Sub can do cause of its construction.
I know it was a real problem of older models at least that reclaim could glue your heater and atomizer pretty fast and one got real probs to get them apart if not cleaning it immediately after use. But there are more experienced opinions out there.

Mr. Whitewall

Mine takes 15 min.
Mostly has to do with ambient temperature. Or whether there's any air currents or sudden fluctuations.

@Elemen0py

First of all, you're right, forget the mystery crap. There is none, it's just a vape with noting magical about it.
It was pretty well thought out, and ahead of its time, but there's no way around that marketing BS. Sometimes it happens when you leave it to, well, publicity agencies (sorry guys! :ugh:) doesn't it?
ESPECIALLY in the vape world? :rofl:
Most marketing is completely empty anyway: revolutionary this, advanced BS, "control over the experience", "new level of vaping"...

Regarding the product itself, FWIW, I have had mine for almost four years now, and having had other purchases I still do not regret, or try to justify it any way.
I pretty much suscribe what @Hogni said.
Placebo effect, should have worn off by now. I stand by all I said regarding power, etc.
I still spent an arm and a leg on other vapes and still like those too. But that is not the point, that it's because they're worth it. :nod: At least to me?
On the contrary, the return on investment has been incredible. It helped me FC, in a couple of months.
Opinions may ofc differ on what is best for other people. I totally respect that, but keep in mind variety is the spice of life and we're not all satisfied with vape X because it is the best, right? Same goes with pretty much everything else in life... I can't tell if it's your thing, I sure can tell its mine!
I mean, that would apply to any desktop at the end of the day :p: if you don't like an EVO or a Volcano or anything over $300/$400, are you supposed to just swallow those purchases because they are reputed?

Well I was the same you know? The Sub was the FIRST, I discarded!
Then I went back and forth again, thought it from scratch once more, and decided the Sub was actually what I was looking for, in the heavy hitter bong-style category.
It does pose other inconveniences, as it has been said many times, being exposed metal and all. As well as cleaning, etc, etc, but a weekly cleaning is key with many other vapes too, both portable and otherwise, so I don't think this makes too much of a difference?

I've also hit the glass tube and silicone thingy as well a couple of times off of an Adapt-a-Nail and found it had no significant amount of restriction.
...Even hit it straight through a J-hook once and didn't find it particularly harsh? Just a more pronounced "cotton candy" taste (probably had to with whatever variety I was vaping in there, ofc). It did come out a little hot, but it was pretty tasty!

IME it has to do with cleanliness, and the water tool you're using: the Mobius Ion gives an incredibly good hit for example, very balanced, my friends enjoy it as well. It is very easy on the lungs whilst giving you a full hit, maybe not as tasty as other setups, but incredibly smooth.

Bottom line is, if you have that itch, then why not scratch it when you have the chance? :shrug:
If it is your thing then great! If not move on?
I love all my vapes but the Sub does have a special place in my heart. Even though it is tough love sometimes!
Never disappoints when its working correctly, its just a little practice and a few 2nd degree burns, but as an Aussie you should know already not to turn your back on one of these wild things just in case! :lol:.

Last edited:

CanoVet

Skilled professional
My experience is I'm always going back to it even though I have the vrod, evo, dnail saphire halo, showerhead, volcano, mr.hotbox enail w/ herb oven, mini nail.

I have the dab master, and apollo heating elements, master base, aries and kryogenic glass. I play with different temps on flower and dabs. I go slow and low or fast n hot. The atomizer below the herb chamber is hot and the vapor has to pass through that heated mass of metal. I love the hits the sublimator puts out. There is no comparison.

I still get tolerant to all of them,just gotta keep switching it up.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
As a man whose "spirituality" lies within the beauty of science I'm still fascinated by the allure of figuring out just what the fuck is going on with the Sub that makes so many people in which I have faith big it up so hard. What's so frustrating to me is that if what they say is true, then the Sublimator brand could capitalize on that by actually presenting the facts behind its effectiveness instead of disrespecting the customer base with the kind of hyperbolic horse shit you'd expect on late night infomercials.

First, the overall tone of your post borders on breaking our Be Nice rule. Marketing terms aside, Enrico applied for and was granted a patent, the scope of which the Patent Office expanded voluntarily to Industrial. In other words, the actual science is hardly bullshit and the description is readily available: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20150374935A1/

Elemen0py

First, the overall tone of your post borders on breaking our Be Nice rule. Marketing terms aside, Enrico applied for and was granted a patent, the scope of which the Patent Office expanded voluntarily to Industrial. In other words, the actual science is hardly bullshit and the description is readily available: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20150374935A1/
The patent has absolutely nothing to do with the intentionally false claims made in the marketing of this product.

As I have stated, I do not doubt that there is merit to the claims that the Sublimator is an excellent piece of kit; I'm not so arrogant that I'd dismiss the reputation of the device over the word of so many members who swear by its effectiveness. However, it is far from incorrect to state that certain claims used in the marketing of the device are completely false.

The claim was made that the device uses a process fundamentally different to other forms of vaporization. This is false.

The claim was made that part of this process involved a form of sublimation of the material. This is false.

The claim was made that this process was unique to the Sublimator and was to be deemed "biogasification". Biogasification is, in fact, the contraction of the term biomass gasification and refers to the decomposition of biomass into a combustible gaseous mixture called producer gas, usually via anaerobic digestion or extreme temperatures in an apparatus called a gasifier. This claim, therefore, was also false.

I can empathize with the position in which you find yourself being affiliated with FC. I understand that there has been many cases here where friction between manufacturers and the user base has led to unnecessary and unwanted conflict within these forums. However, I feel that it is perfectly justified to voice displeasure when a manufacturer uses objectively provable falsehoods in an attempt to manipulate users to part with their cash. If nothing else, it is illegal to do so.

Again, I am not claiming that the Sublimator is an ineffective product as I have every reason to believe that it has earned its reputation purely on its performance. I am simply addressing the fact that making false claims reflects poorly on a brand that by all reputation has a product that can stand on its own without them.

Furthermore, I would question the ethical implications of discouraging user discourse on the matter.

CanoVet

Skilled professional
Try to hit some herb with the sublimator with a different herb chamber like a glass bowl w/o thermal equilibrium......wispy vapor like the volcano....put the atomizer back on..get "thermal equilibrium" and u get a thick gas cloud.

I was going through an ass ton of ganj., and wasn't getting the high I wanted. Got the sublimator. And .1 of a gram got me and my homies highshool high. And it became my daily driver since. Then got an evo, vrod,showerhead fp, snail saphire halo, mighty, sticky brick, davinci iq, hot box enail w/ herb oven, cfx, dynavap, .......and still had to go back to the sublimator. I think that's what Steve the marijuana man figured out that's why he sticks to the sub.

I think u gotta change it up, if hardcore smoker, to keep from getting tolerant to a certain type of vapor/smoke.

Alexis

Try to hit some herb with the sublimator with a different herb chamber like a glass bowl w/o thermal equilibrium......wispy vapor like the volcano....put the atomizer back on..get "thermal equilibrium" and u get a thick gas cloud.

I was going through an ass ton of ganj., and wasn't getting the high I wanted. Got the sublimator. And .1 of a gram got me and my homies highshool high. And it became my daily driver since. Then got an evo, vrod,showerhead fp, snail saphire halo, mighty, sticky brick, davinci iq, hot box enail w/ herb oven, cfx, dynavap, .......and still had to go back to the sublimator. I think that's what Steve the marijuana man figured out that's why he sticks to the sub.

I think u gotta change it up, if hardcore smoker, to keep from getting tolerant to a certain type of vapor/smoke.
The Vapecritic recently tested the new Digital Herborizer Ti and he said it is very close to the Sub in vapor quality and effects. More so than the FP, but far far smoother, tastier, easier to use and safer as well. "Sublimatoresque" he called it. Only mentioning.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The patent has absolutely nothing to do with the intentionally false claims made in the marketing of this product.

As I have stated, I do not doubt that there is merit to the claims that the Sublimator is an excellent piece of kit; I'm not so arrogant that I'd dismiss the reputation of the device over the word of so many members who swear by its effectiveness. However, it is far from incorrect to state that certain claims used in the marketing of the device are completely false.

The claim was made that the device uses a process fundamentally different to other forms of vaporization. This is false.

The claim was made that part of this process involved a form of sublimation of the material. This is false.

The claim was made that this process was unique to the Sublimator and was to be deemed "biogasification". Biogasification is, in fact, the contraction of the term biomass gasification and refers to the decomposition of biomass into a combustible gaseous mixture called producer gas, usually via anaerobic digestion or extreme temperatures in an apparatus called a gasifier. This claim, therefore, was also false.

I can empathize with the position in which you find yourself being affiliated with FC. I understand that there has been many cases here where friction between manufacturers and the user base has led to unnecessary and unwanted conflict within these forums. However, I feel that it is perfectly justified to voice displeasure when a manufacturer uses objectively provable falsehoods in an attempt to manipulate users to part with their cash. If nothing else, it is illegal to do so.

Again, I am not claiming that the Sublimator is an ineffective product as I have every reason to believe that it has earned its reputation purely on its performance. I am simply addressing the fact that making false claims reflects poorly on a brand that by all reputation has a product that can stand on its own without them.

Furthermore, I would question the ethical implications of discouraging user discourse on the matter.

Perhaps you aren't aware that our rules do not allow you to accuse another of being a liar even if it is true. This is not an attempt to discourage general discussion, it is a rule that we have to prevent flame wars from starting. If you want to re-open the can of worms about Enrico's early claims, find somewhere else to do it. It serves no purpose here.

If you want to challenge my ethics, use a PM. We have another rule about public discussion of moderator actions for exactly the same reason I just stated.

Elemen0py

our rules do not allow you to accuse another of being a liar even if it is true.

We have another rule about public discussion of moderator actions for exactly the same reason I just stated.
That's disappointing, but if they're the forum rules then I'll do my best to choose my words more carefully in future.

Thanks for the heads up, and I appreciate that you went with discussion route over immediately reprimanding.

See this is exactly why I want to know more about the process going on in the atomizer. I'd love it if someone more tooled up than I machined a custom atomizer for the FP out of stainless that uses its own coil and a narrow vapor path to get that same pressure and heat, just to see if it has a similar effect to the sub. Would be an interesting experiment for sure. Would certainly take a lot less time to reach "thermal equilibrium" as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom