• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Sublimator XLR

Sublimator427

Went ahead and ordered up a cold wall tube. Even with the exchange rate working out to a 25% discount, it still was almost $300 after shipping. Will have to be extra, extra, extra, EXTRA careful with the thing. Reminds me why I was never a fan of expensive water pipes. That's a rather hefty sum that goes down the toilet with one wrong move...

Sublimator427,
Reactions: Detonator

Vapodudule

I have to report an interesting mod i did not see elsewhere. A regular use of sub made me change my screens stting as at first they were to the bottom to the top:

-fine screen/sub stock screen/iolite screened The stirring were a mess as the iolite screen flipped frequently on the stir.

to the following:
-fine screen/EQ basket

The EQ basket change the beast, it reduces the conduction IME and impacts the heat equilibrium but it matches my needs to stir a mixed spoon of stuff to have 3 to 4 hits per spoon depending on its size and content.

Cheers peeps!

Vapodudule,

FavorVapor

Does the dab master and Apollo extract the herbs any differently? I understand the dabbing surface on the 2 units are different but I have been trying to find out more about the actual heater and process

Anyone compared the hit to an Herbalizer on top temp?

FavorVapor,

Vapodudule

@FavorVapor the mass of steel are really close and the extraction feel the same.

For the comparaison, the signature is very different as the herbalizer is full convection and progressive extraction and the sub is a quick and intense heat and extraction, i would say the herbalizer is heavier because you have to put more material in the chamber so the vapor will be more powerfull but if you stick 0.2g on the spoon for the sub you should have a dense vapor.

I have to report an impact on my respiratory system on a dry and prolonged and exclusive use of sub, the material is rinced and stressed by the high heat environnement, the compound so numerous that dry vapor is harsh. The herbalizer spreads the extraction with your draw, the sub you have to suck like a monkey asap because the heat and your errl are there.

The final point is for the monkeying time management needed for the 1-hour timer and thermal equilibrium needed really depending on the environment. It had stress for nothing, regulation of a digital temperature should be here now.

Vapodudule,

FavorVapor

@FavorVapor the mass of steel are really close and the extraction feel the same.

For the comparaison, the signature is very different as the herbalizer is full convection and progressive extraction and the sub is a quick and intense heat and extraction, i would say the herbalizer is heavier because you have to put more material in the chamber so the vapor will be more powerfull but if you stick 0.2g on the spoon for the sub you should have a dense vapor.

I have to report an impact on my respiratory system on a dry and prolonged and exclusive use of sub, the material is rinced and stressed by the high heat environnement, the compound so numerous that dry vapor is harsh. The herbalizer spreads the extraction with your draw, the sub you have to suck like a monkey asap because the heat and your errl are there.

The final point is for the monkeying time management needed for the 1-hour timer and thermal equilibrium needed really depending on the environment. It had stress for nothing, regulation of a digital temperature should be here now.

So you would say .2 in the Sublimator is > .2 in the Herbie.

But .4 in the Herbalizer > .2 in the Sublimator because simply there are double the cannabanoids in the bowl/vapor?

FavorVapor,

Vapodudule

@FavorVapor I cannot comment your inequalities as it stands for only one dimension of comparaison and you ask to compare two very different beasts, the sub place the bet by the upside of the heat and is shaped for a one hit extraction, so you have to moderate the quantities of intake to avoid harshness and wastage as your lungs cannot absorb and heat gonna extract it all anyway. the price is the 1h offtime and environment depending (Edit: you may have burn scars too, i have a new one!), but you can vape by 5°C in the cold by the winter on the 9 setting. Sub kind of boils everything very fast. To my usage it extracts the last bits of 212°C herbalizer ABV when winter is coming.

The position of herbalizer is very different as the heating time is null, the temperature choice and the fan assist make the preciseest tool of vape ever. Where sub makes 3 or 4 hits from 0.1 of mixed stuff (flower+concentrates), herbalizer makes dozen of steady and very dense hits at a precise temperature from the same amount where you benefit all the layers of compounds during this trip.

Last edited:
Vapodudule,

Sublimator427

This all seems very subjective. It just comes down to what YOU prefer. Do you like quick, powerful, fully-extracted bong-style rips? Then the sub is for you. If you find that's all a little too harsh and want something more gentle and sophisticated, go with the Herbalizer.

In general, your #1 friend in comparing products like these is YouTube. There you can actually see the exact performance you will be getting and determine if it's right for you. I remember after reading all the sophisticated science in the description of the sub I still had no idea what it could really do. Then I found the inventor's channel on YouTube and ordered one right away lol

Last edited:

FavorVapor

I have looked at Sublimators channel but videos are similar to marijuana to me. You have to smoke/try it out to truly decide if you like it or not. Buuuut I also have trouble judging water pipes in videos, I must be in person to test the flow

I'm honestly just wondering if the Sublimator would get me more high if the same amount of herb was used and properly consumed?

That 1 hr shutoff and weather variation effects are my only worries with use

FavorVapor,

Sublimator427

Got the new cold wall tube in, and it certainly performs as advertised. Filled up the reservoir with ice cubes and cold water, allowed it to cool down the piece for a couple minutes, then let er' rip. Felt like a big breath of fresh cool air, and drastically reduced the instances of coughing that were all too common with the plain tube. I also didn't observe any sort of condensation or loss of medication as was speculated earlier in the thread. It's pretty much the most low-maintenance and cleanliest dry-cooling system I've seen designed for the machine thus far.

The one downside, for me anyway. The piece is kinda huge. Like, really tall. Makes my old 45mm Gear piece look toyish. I use my sub primarily on my coffee table in front of my couch while I'm enjoying dinner and TV after work. The Gear piece was the perfect height for that, but this one makes me have to either sit up awkwardly or tilt the entire rig for a draw. Not the worst compromise to make considering the performance, but it leads to my next concern. HANDLE WITH CARE. No matter which way you cut it, this is a very large piece that cannot be handled carelessly, especially while medicated. I already almost whacked the spout on the door frame while walking to the kitchen to put cold water in. Try to keep handling of the piece to a minimum, bring the liquid to it instead of the other way around, and keep it stored far away from any regular activity. One wrong move and it's toast. Will be uploading photos later today.

Sublimator427,

Sublimator427

20151030_200709_zpsicq4k7dd.jpg~original
20151030_200813_zpshs5wzlfp.jpg~original

20151030_203223_zpsivywzeak.jpg~original

Last edited by a moderator:

FOAMING MAD

How dirty does these tube get? Who has the SubElectro45Watertool just seeing what it`s like.
The cold wall looks like the way to go.

FOAMING MAD,

Sublimator427

The cold wall tube doesn't really get dirty since it keeps the liquid separate. However, like all glass pieces used dry with a vaporizer, eventually the glass starts to fog with the sticky residue left behind from repeated exposure to herb vapor. After about a week you'll start to see the yellowish tint on the glass. Simply hold both ends closed and give it a quick swish of 91% isopropyl and it's back to new.

TerrorTwist

Vapor Demon
So out of the blue I some how fused my Atomizer and Apollo together and I can't get them unstuck! I tried banging it torching the heck out of it and nothing. Anyone know a full proof way to get these unstuck?

Update: I thought I would give it another go and try something different so I wrapped the cooled down Atomizer and the stuck Apollo around a towel just enough to cover them to prevent any further scratches then hit the very top sides of the Atomizer with a hammer hard (but not too hard) while it sat flat on the ground and worked my way around it a bit then I lifted it up holding it by the Apollo handle with the towel still wrapped around and hit the top sides of the Atomizer more lightly and worked my way around until I heard the atomizer fall out and I had a huge sign of relief! I really thought I had somehow melted/fused my sub together for good! lol phew! Time to Sub it up to celibate. :tup:

Last edited:
TerrorTwist,

Teedub

Congrats on getting it free its a scary moment. Torching the atomizer only, trying not to heat the apollo has sorted mine every time. Heat up the female side so it expands basically. I hold the apollo's handle, heat the atomizer and it eventually falls free.

If you don't have some heat proof gloves or something some scraps of denim are awesome. The denim works great to clean residue from the hot metal as well.

In other news my monkey box has died, the power box looks fine green light on. Press the monkey box button and nothing happens. I read someone recently had theirs die also. Is this common on the 2.0's?

Teedub,

brucee10

Congrats on getting it free its a scary moment. Torching the atomizer only, trying not to heat the apollo has sorted mine every time. Heat up the female side so it expands basically. I hold the apollo's handle, heat the atomizer and it eventually falls free.

If you don't have some heat proof gloves or something some scraps of denim are awesome. The denim works great to clean residue from the hot metal as well.

In other news my monkey box has died, the power box looks fine green light on. Press the monkey box button and nothing happens. I read someone recently had theirs die also. Is this common on the 2.0's?
I went through a few until I got one that works 100%. One was stuck on full blast even if I never hit the power button. A different one never turned on from the factory. And my third one blew a fuse inside. They were pretty great on getting replacements out to me.

brucee10,

Sublimator427

In another month my original Monkey Box from when I first ordered my sub will be turning 1 year old, still going strong. Hopefully stays that way, it's probably going to outlive the warranty...

Sublimator427,

rodders83

Amazing will be buying coldwall in the future! BUT BUT where is the DIGITAL TIMER advertised by Enrico and MJman back in June on Youtube? The only thing out now is still the monkey controller has the digital been cancelled? Still in testing? Anyone please? :(

neogitus

Anyone know why the titanium carb cap on the nail doesn't change colour? Not a big deal just curious as the ti atomizer and heads all turn purple/blue and I've left the carb cap on max heat for extended periods of time.

neogitus,

FOAMING MAD

Anyone know why the titanium carb cap on the nail doesn't change colour? Not a big deal just curious as the ti atomizer and heads all turn purple/blue and I've left the carb cap on max heat for extended periods of time.
I would say that it`s not in direct contact with the heat. I think its just a cap to keep the heat in.
If you wanted that look maybe try heating the cap up. Torch?

FOAMING MAD,

Sublimator427

RIP Cold Wall Tube. Courtesy of my Terrier darting across wires to go bark at thunder. Couldn't even snap a photo, I was so annoyed I just threw the mess out. Unfortunately the price makes it unfeasible for me to get a new one anytime soon. It was an amazing product while it lasted! Gonna go drown my sorrows in my busted up old Gear piece :cry:

Help me shop for a new setup in the meantime? What's popular / new in 45mm toppers these days?

Sublimator427,
Top Bottom