Struggling to pick a new vape.

dan86

So far it have it down to a crafty, da vinci asent or an arizer air.

I don't want to spend more than £160 and these are the so called best coming up within that price range, however I am open to desktop vapes and am looking for one that can get closest to a bong rip if you like or at least has very little draw resistance,
Would prefer convection heating over conduction.

I have currently got an extreme Q and have had it for about a year now and hate the thing so it has to go.Is the crafty the best choice of the 3 or are there any decent desktop vapes at around £160?

dan86,

HD Springer

Can you really find a crafty for that price?I'd go crafty if it's legit then the air then the ascent. I fucked combustion on the backs of the Davinci models but things have improved and gotten better in the last couple years.

HD Springer,

dan86

There's a shitload of the craftys going on ebay brand new for £190(vat registered) or make an offer, I put one in at £160 and he/she accepted it.Would that be considered the best for what I'm looking for?

dan86,

HD Springer

Be very careful of knockoffs on eBay. I'm not sure crafty has any knockoffs out but most other reputable vaporizers has been cloned once or twice.
But yes that's a good price. I'd ask if it has any warranty. Craftys had a few issues which led a few customers to have to send it in.

VapeHeadz

Yeah I would buy from a reputable vape shop, even if its online. Cheaper ones on Ebay might end up being fakes. Not worth the risk imo.

I'd get a solo, my solo has been so good for over 3 yrs now with hardly anything going wrong, i even bought a second one for a back up.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
The Solo or the Air would be a sweet choice, both are great session-style vapes. But if you are looking for a desktop, something closest to a bong rip, then i would suggest the E-Nano, there is little to no draw resistance, you have complete control over your draw, plus the thing is a tank and has a lifetime warranty on the heater.

dan86

I checked out the guys selling the craftys and couldn't find anything about them other than they have had to change the companies name which is never a good thing and their website only seems to be on ebay, so I'll guess I'll be checking out the E-nano and deciding between that and the air.
Thanks

little maggie

I'm curious what you don't like about extreme q. I just started using mine and it's very different from my other vapes in a good way.
In any case, the solo is a great portable and is very sturdy. It was one of my first vapes and still works well several years later. If you're considering a log you might want to check the underdog as well as the nano. There are fans on either side but they are fairly comparable.
I'd also recommend the dynavap original. It's only $35 and uses butane. If you like it you can get one of the more expensive versions- still $100 or less.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
The cheapest Vapcap is the Original, £37 delivered, all the VC range hit as hard as a bong with tiny amounts of greenery. You would then need a jet lighter, mine was £1.70.
Check out the thread and you will see how this tiny device has taken over from much fancier and expensive devices.

You use pound notes so I assume you are in the UK so you could also opt for a Homegrown Log, they are £99 for the base model and if you spend a little extra you can add a controller that way you get low temp. flavorful hits or turn it up for big lung busters.

Mr. Me2

I don't want to spend more than £160 and these are the so called best coming up within that price range, however I am open to desktop vapes and am looking for one that can get closest to a bong rip if you like or at least has very little draw resistance,

I have currently got an extreme Q and have had it for about a year now and hate the thing so it has to go.Is the crafty the best choice of the 3 or are there any decent desktop vapes at around £160?
Welcome to fc, @dan86 !

I prefer convection too, and there are a couple close to a new release (Boundless and Flowermate are supposed to be just a few weeks away) with others on the horizon.

I have a Crafty but recently got a grasshopper, and that's now my go-to. Don't get me wrong, the Crafty is great! I just love the true on demand of the gh (I admit the Crafty flavor is better). I just think the gh is the best value true convection vape out right now. I admit I'm still on my gh honeymoon.

People also seem to like the ff2 (not cheap, needs stirring, and has a little learning curve), and the Milaana (I'm personally not familiar, but others can weigh in).

I admit the gh has had some reliability issues, but cs has been great and it has a lifetime warranty. And people rave about its use through water.

My only other comment, and you probably know this, is don't expect that one vape will serve all your needs. Most here have several and I think we all suffer from vas. And it's fun to switch it up.

Hope this helps!

dan86

I'm curious what you don't like about extreme q. I just started using mine and it's very different from my other vapes in a good way.

The main problem I have with the extreme q is the inconsistency on the bags or whip, for the first bag or first few pulls from whip it's very good but quickly goes downhill after that.I think it does an ok job for both but it does not seem to excel at either one, I tried elbow packing amongst other things and was just not impressed by it for the price I paid.I just picked up an air and am enjoying it a lot more than my eQ, miss the digital temp settings though.

@Mr. Me2, I checked out the grasshopper videos and I think I will have to buy one when they have a bit more stock available as it looked like you could take massive rips off it, is it really worth the £225 asking price? as that seems pretty steep.

dan86,

Mr. Me2

The main problem I have with the extreme q is the inconsistency on the bags or whip, for the first bag or first few pulls from whip it's very good but quickly goes downhill after that.I think it does an ok job for both but it does not seem to excel at either one, I tried elbow packing amongst other things and was just not impressed by it for the price I paid.I just picked up an air and am enjoying it a lot more than my eQ, miss the digital temp settings though.

@Mr. Me2, I checked out the grasshopper videos and I think I will have to buy one when they have a bit more stock available as it looked like you could take massive rips off it, is it really worth the £225 asking price? as that seems pretty steep.
I think that's a premium price from buying from an eu retailer. Try emailing Caroline@grasshoppervape.com (I'm pretty sure that's the right address) and ask if ghl can ship direct to you,and at what price.

The advantage to buying from an eu retailer is that I believe they handle warranty claims for you rather than you having to ship direct to ghl.

I expect the price of the gh to go up. These are still preorder prices, even though there have already been price increases. And to answer your question (even though I don't know the US conversion amount of what you are quoting), I think the gh is a great value. But I do have to warn you...this is a new product from a new company, and they seem to be still working out some bugs (no pun intended). For me, I waited about a year to get mine and one of the 2 did fail after about a month (only took about 5 days from warranty claim to get the replacement part). I have NO regrets, love my gh, and would absolutely do it again.

Mr. Me2,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have a Crafty but I have the Arizer Air and the Ascent. They both are great vaporizers with an all glass air path. The Air has had less problems here on FC. I think most of the bugs have been worked out with the Ascent. The Acent does have a larger oven so I use glass spacers. It also distributes the heat better among the cannabis using a glass spacer.

Some folks don't use spacers with the Ascent they just use more cannabis and give it a hard pack. There is a bit of a learning curve.

I would say the AIr is the better choice for me between the two. The user replaceable batteries really are handy to have. I use the Air more often on trips and walking on trails.

I use the Arizer Solo that I have the most due to the better flavor when I need a portable and no stealth.

Nothing beats an all glass air path.

Edit
Every vaporist needs a log vape to use at home. Love my Enano. Looking forward to @Ed's TnT 's new log vape when it comes out to the masses - very soon.

Last edited:

Doktor Dub

Don t get the Crafty, spend a bit more and get the Mighty instead!

Crafty / Mighty both have really good Vapor and can pack a punch. If you are open for Desktops and Stealth is not your main concern, definitely go with the Mighty - much longer Battery life, less Problems and can be used while charging. Important for me: No Bluetooth and no need for an App - i don t want my Weed devices to connect........

You can buy an Water Pipe Adapter for the Mighty, nice thing about the Mighty is it has no learning Curve.

All this said, there are many Alternatives

Last edited:
Doktor Dub,
Reactions: grokit

Apexisto

I did a mistake that I bought less expensive vape and I regretted that decision. Now I am waiting to Mighty and I know it will be the best - of course, Firefly has a little bit better vapor taste but still I am satisfied.

Apexisto,

hoptimum

Out of the box, the EQ is rather mediocre, but the dDave mod improves efficiency and potency exponentially. For about $60 US, its a game changer. Check the EQ thread.

hoptimum,

Squiby

I also would recommend the Vapcaps. The Lotus and the Vapman were my daily drivers and they are both GREAT vaporizers. However, since getting acquainted with my Vapcap, I have used no other.

The Dynavap line of Vapcaps are really fantastic vapes at a very reasonable price that challenge vapes many times the price. They have been brilliantly engineered. The device has a simple, modular design. Its components are interchangeable so you can switch up bodies, stems, mouthpieces and condensers for aesthetics and for a variety of uses.

They come in a range of models from the OG vapcap at $35 USA to the Ti Woody with its variety of body, stem and VonG choices at around $100 USA, to the Indesructible titanium built top of the line Omnivap at $150 USA.

To add to the high performance of the Vapcaps, George @VapCap, it's creator and distributor offers the best customer service imaginable.

The Vapcaps have no plastic parts, no batteries that need to be switched out or charging issues. No electronics to fail. No cords to store, organise and keep track of.

The Vapcap is a vaporizer that can be used camping, fishing, hiking or just out and about or in the home. It can be heated with just about any heat source; jet lighters, bic lighters, candles, stove elements, gas heaters, campfires etc.

The Vapcap is the vaporizer that will still be working when all others fail.

Check out the Dynavap thread and the website.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/dynavap-vapcap.18853/page-272#post-1025277

http://www.dynavap.com/shop/

Enjoy!

Squiby,

subway13029

Out of the box, the EQ is rather mediocre, but the dDave mod improves efficiency and potency exponentially. For about $60 US, its a game changer. Check the EQ thread.
Is the eq $60 or the Dave mod $60? I'm thinking neither are 60?? Maybe the eq?

subway13029,
Reactions: DDave

subway13029

I bought the Dave mod and at the time it was 30? Maybe it's inflation..lol..actually I got the mod for the silver surfer..so there ya go..

subway13029,

hoptimum

I bought the Dave mod and at the time it was 30? Maybe it's inflation..lol..actually I got the mod for the silver surfer..so there ya go..

I don't actually use the mod per se. I use an 18mm F/F, a Silver Surfer wand, and Silver Surfer tubing. More or less what's in the mod

hoptimum,
Top Bottom