Stop chasing the dragon - Respect the ritual

Robert-in-YEG

This whole year has stressful for me; the years before even worse. That's not as bad as it sounds, but safe to say, we all have our personal purgatories.

Around March or April, I had to put down my dog. He had cancer. Usually, I'm pretty stoic, but this seemed to be a trigger. Long story short, I went overboard using cannabis, and it stopped being enjoyable. It started to seem like I had to work all day just to get buzz. I want a buzz, not hard work.

A trusted friend, with medical expertise, told me - rather forcefully "Stop chasing the F$$$ing dragon". There was also something about common sense and moderation, but that's probably worthless.

I took a short break, started vaping to enjoy vaping. I learned to respect the ritual - that too, was sage advice from a trusted source. Having been through it, it has been very sage advice.

Robert-in-YEG

“If you know someone who’s depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn’t a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.

Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they’re going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It’s hard to be a friend to someone who’s depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do.”
- Stephen Fry

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Mt condolences for the loss of your dog. I feel you there, as I had to put my best friend down about 4 years ago. It was some kind of cancerous growth in her throat that would have eventually cut off her ability to breathe. That was hard.

At least the vet let be be with her at the end, and hold her in my arms while they injected the stuff that stopped her heart, so she could be comforted in that last moment. I remember Afterwards, they left me alone in the room, and I sat on the floor with her body on my lap for like an hour before I had the strength to get up and leave the room.

Losing a beloved pet is always hard, but I'm comforted knowing she had a good life.

Cheers to your dog, and cheers to mine!
g9-FPi-Ejw-RVCY1r25k-CUMhw-thumb-d5.jpg

Robert-in-YEG

Dysthymia is the gift thet just keeps on giving.......

"We need to start identifying the triggers that aggravate mental health issues in our society - bullying, social media negativity and anxiety, gender based violence, substance abuse, stigma around issues such as maternal issues, etc., and we need to speak up about these more and get to the source of the problems."
~ Sanam Saeed

"People talk about physical fitness, but mental health is equally important. I see people suffering, and their families feel a sense of shame about it, which doesn't help. One needs support and understanding. I am now working on an initiative to create awareness about anxiety and depression and help people."
~ Deepika Padukone

Top Bottom