Stoneware Vaporizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperClouds

I seached and google and couldn't seem to find my answer. I was wondering if there are log vapes out made out of ceramic? Not the heating element but the wooden part itself made out of some sort of ceramic material.

I ask this because I have experience using a pottery wheel and with clay your possibilites are endless.

Thank you.

JCat

Accessory Maker
There WAS the CRZ (Ceramic Rock Zap). This has been discontinued due to DEA screwing things up from my understanding.

The CRZ was a traditional wood log vape with a ceramic inner casing within which the stainless element is located (isolating the heating element from direct contact with the wood through the ceramic and alleviating charring from my understanding)

JCat,

PaperClouds

Yeah I found that, I'm talking about instead of the outside casing being made of wood, it would be made ceramic, stoneware or something of the sort.

PaperClouds,

Tweek

If there were something like that out there, I would imagine it would be pretty heavy.

Tweek,

PaperClouds

If there were something like that out there, I would imagine it would be pretty heavy.

I don't think it would be to much heavier then a mug of the same size, and do you really think it would be that much heavier then a Cloud? I was planning on making them about the size of an e-nano maybe even a littler smaller. I'm mostly interested in the almost endless design possibilities that come with working with clay. I plan to offer fully customizable ones, there's not much you can't do honestly. I plan to go through with this, I just need to someone to help with the electronics.

PaperClouds,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
While aesthetically pleasing, IMO, the clay would be awfully fragile. Vapes are knocked and passed around a lot. I would be concerned with the exterior of the vape being damaged if it were made of clay.

PaperClouds

While aesthetically pleasing, IMO, the clay would be awfully fragile. Vapes are knocked and passed around a lot. I would be concerned with the exterior of the vape being damaged if it were made of clay.

When hand made properly stoneware is some of the most durable material that can be formed with the hand. Unless you go to a store that supports artists or an art show most the of ceramics you see are mold injected and very are fragile and also made from ceramic, not stoneware. You can make them thicker and more durable pieces by hand and with stoneware. Ceramic is considered earthenware, stoneware is much more durable and even oven safe.

PaperClouds,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Very interesting. This sounds like a cool spin on the traditional "log vape." I'll be staying tuned for your progress. ;)

momofthegoons,

PaperClouds

They also could be varying sizes, smaller ones for vapboning and larger table top ones that are aren't meant to be picked up when hit but could be much intricate with the design.

PaperClouds,

rking

i have a ceramic 'Hot Box' brand vaporizer. i have had this vape for five years and it recieves almost daily use. it has been dropped and tossed but is still vaping strong. but the company also makes stone vapes too.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lol... I also have a Hot Box.... unfortunately, they don't get much love here. I think it's probably the lack of temperature control. I happen to love mine. :)

That's what intrigued me about this inititally.

So PaperClouds, have you looked at the existing log vapes, and if so, which of the designs do you feel you would like to emulate? Or do you have a design for the heatport of your own?

rking

i love mine too and have used lots of vapes and dont get the hot box hate. true it does run almost scary hot if you leave it on all day but after mastering the learning curve its sweet magic.

an earthenware vape would look awesome if done right. and you could do customs pretty easily.

PaperClouds

So PaperClouds, have you looked at the existing log vapes, and if so, which of the designs do you feel you would like to emulate? Or do you have a design for the heatport of your own?

The E-Nano is next on my list for purchases, I'd like to look more at how they work to understands what's going on. Designing my own would ideally be what I want to do, I just have no knowledge of electrical engineering right now. So if anyone that's in the westen PA area goes on this site and wants to help I'd love to meet up.

What I also like about the idea of stoneware is that making a lid that fits perfectly is a piece of cake. Which could but used for stealth, disguised as something else. I also like the idea that the Vapor Blunt uses, with the built in stir road... At least I think it has that.

PaperClouds,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom