Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I’ll just have to buy a water pipe adapter, any recommendations?

Congrats on the Runt. VAS is a hard thing to ignore haha. Enjoy!

There’s only one WPA for it that I know of. I use one most of the time myself. Several vendors sell it.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Thanks for the link! Looks like it’s close to the wall of the sticky brick and doesn’t go down below the unit. That could limit it to what pieces it can be used on, just my guess.
Any tips for packing and inhale speed for getting big consistent hits?

shopdognyc

Thanks for the link! Looks like it’s close to the wall of the sticky brick and doesn’t go down below the unit. That could limit it to what pieces it can be used on, just my guess.
Any tips for packing and inhale speed for getting big consistent hits?

What is your thought process now?

I did a lot of trial and error.

The instructions say to pack a thin bowl, but if you go a bit fuller follows bigger results. I find I need to stir every other draw, you will definitely get hot spots and such.

I like to angle my flame downward into the intake. Most of the time, the outer flame is inside with the inner flame just kissing the entrance. I am using a Honest torch with the flame down to as low as it goes.

I let the flame kind of sit in place before I even start drawing. Think of gathering heat that you will slowly draw to let it soak the herb. Hope that makes sense.

Toivarita

999 Forever
What is your thought process now?

I did a lot of trial and error.

The instructions say to pack a thin bowl, but if you go a bit fuller follows bigger results. I find I need to stir every other draw, you will definitely get hot spots and such.

I like to angle my flame downward into the intake. Most of the time, the outer flame is inside with the inner flame just kissing the entrance. I am using a Honest torch with the flame down to as low as it goes.

I let the flame kind of sit in place before I even start drawing. Think of gathering heat that you will slowly draw to let it soak the herb. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks. I’ll give that a try. I’ve been doing full bowls, not packed down at all, and high torch heat. I’ll try lower torch heat and putting it farther into the intake.

Cervical CBD

No clue why my torch shoots butane out the flame end after I fill it. The only way to get it to stop is to purge and spray it everywhere out the valve on the bottom. Problem is now it’s not very full and I get an inconsistent flame. I purge air out then refill and have the same issue every time.

Cervical CBD,

Toivarita

999 Forever
finally combusting on my junior and sucks with the lingering taste. not sure what i did differently but i blew it up.
Crazy timing. Just handed my junior to a friend who has hit it without problem a good amount before just combined an entire bowl. I immediately got some hot water and cotton swabs and began cleaning. Let it dry and 3 bowls of vaping later there is still the lingering taste. I’m pretty salty about it because it tasted soooo amazing before. Any way I can get trust taste back so I don’t stay a little upset?

nonamekevin

Crazy timing. Just handed my junior to a friend who has hit it without problem a good amount before just combined an entire bowl. I immediately got some hot water and cotton swabs and began cleaning. Let it dry and 3 bowls of vaping later there is still the lingering taste. I’m pretty salty about it because it tasted soooo amazing before. Any way I can get trust taste back so I don’t stay a little upset?
Besides warm water and scraping it out with the metal stir tool, it only took me a bowl or two to get rid of the combustion flavor.

Kenny has said that if you want, take a file to the airpath and take a little bit of the material away. I think he was talking about for really heavily combusted situations, but it will bring it to damm near brand new.

:rockon:

shopdognyc

No clue why my torch shoots butane out the flame end after I fill it. The only way to get it to stop is to purge and spray it everywhere out the valve on the bottom. Problem is now it’s not very full and I get an inconsistent flame. I purge air out then refill and have the same issue every time.
when you need i'll mail you one of my honest torches

Toivarita

999 Forever
Anybody know what the sticky brick wood wax is? I was thinking about buying it cheaper from a different source if I find exactly what it is made of.

Toivarita,

shopdognyc

@Toivarita sorry. I interchangeably use theirs, Ed's TNT and anything else I have on hand. I believe this has been posted elsewhere.

I took out my glass pieces and the screen. The green had a nice caked in black spot that I scraped with a dab tool and tooth pick.

I also took a q-tip and just let it go in and out of the connecting hole between intake and bowl.

The first few draws suck, the middle the flavor takes over, and then the burnt taste comes back and reminds you its still there.

Toivarita

999 Forever
@Toivarita sorry. I interchangeably use theirs, Ed's TNT and anything else I have on hand. I believe this has been posted elsewhere.

I took out my glass pieces and the screen. The green had a nice caked in black spot that I scraped with a dab tool and tooth pick.

I also took a q-tip and just let it go in and out of the connecting hole between intake and bowl.

The first few draws suck, the middle the flavor takes over, and then the burnt taste comes back and reminds you its still there.
That’s exactly what I found except I was a little nervous to take out the screen because it looked like it was installed so nicely. Used some hot/warm water with cotton swabs to try to get the smell and resin out. Still getting a little hints of combustion like you said. Bummer but I think it might be going away with the more bowls I vape.

SquirrelMaster

That’s exactly what I found except I was a little nervous to take out the screen because it looked like it was installed so nicely. Used some hot/warm water with cotton swabs to try to get the smell and resin out. Still getting a little hints of combustion like you said. Bummer but I think it might be going away with the more bowls I vape.
I've seen acetone recommended as a cleaner which is nicer on wood than ISO.

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

curiouscat

Sometimes just letting the brick sit and air out for several days works great at getting the combustion smell out.

I combusted in my runt the other day after taking the restrictor disc out. I just pulled it apart and cleaned the screen and let it sit. Used my OG brick during its downtime, came back a few days later and could only smell a hint of smoke. Put one bowl through it and it was good as new!

Cervical CBD

Happy to report that the Runt has been a game changer right now. I have a sinus drip/cough and my SSV makes me cough all the time, even made me blow bud all over. The Runt allows me to rip it hard or take smaller draws and I don’t cough. I still destroy screens when I clean them haha and I need to buy iso to clean everything.

SquirrelMaster

Happy to report that the Runt has been a game changer right now. I have a sinus drip/cough and my SSV makes me cough all the time, even made me blow bud all over. The Runt allows me to rip it hard or take smaller draws and I don’t cough. I still destroy screens when I clean them haha and I need to buy iso to clean everything.
Costco near me has had at least half a pallet of 99% ISO 4 packs for $11.99 for months. I bought 100 alcohol swabs (prep pads) from there for $2. Worth a look if you haven't yet.

I'm surprised the Runt is better for you right now but whatever works. I always put away the butane vapes when my throat is sore or I'm sick. Unless I pull out the Maxx and a hydrotube. Sometimes you just need that Stick Brick goodness.

Toivarita

999 Forever
Costco near me has had at least half a pallet of 99% ISO 4 packs for $11.99 for months. I bought 100 alcohol swabs (prep pads) from there for $2. Worth a look if you haven't yet.

I'm surprised the Runt is better for you right now but whatever works. I always put away the butane vapes when my throat is sore or I'm sick. Unless I pull out the Maxx and a hydrotube. Sometimes you just need that Stick Brick goodness.
I’m scared to used any alcohol on the StickyBrick because the manual says not to.

Toivarita,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I was planning to get a black Friday SB Junior ... you guys are really making me nervous about it ...

NYC_Frank,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom