Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Eventually I'll get a nice one... anybody have a favorite torch? Heard good things about the Blazer PB 207. Looking for a nice one...maybe triple flame? Or is that over kill?
That makes sense that a short flame was fucking you up; glad you got it sorted.

I've never been tempted by the high price and ass ugly looks of the venerable Blazer. I also don't think single flame torches merit the snobbery of the two, three, and four flame torches.

I'm not saying they're all the same, just that anything reliable with a longish single flame that you can adjust easily should give you all you need.

The included Honest torch is still all I use with my og Brick. The only torch that was always bullshit for me with the Brick was a five pack I got on Amazon....

Fuck me: is this the Eagle torch you've been talking about all this time?

I wish I'd connected the dots earlier when you first posted. Yeah, the flame is too short on those for me too.

This is the one that came with my Brick and the only knocks are 1) the dumb cap on a chain, and 2) the screwdriver style adjuster at the bottom as opposed to something easier.

I'd maybe consider this one (which I haven't tried) if I was shopping for another Brick torch lighter:

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
That makes sense that a short flame was fucking you up; glad you got it sorted.

I've never been tempted by the high price and ass ugly looks of the venerable Blazer. I also don't think single flame torches merit the snobbery of the two, three, and four flame torches.

I'm not saying they're all the same, just that anything reliable with a longish single flame that you can adjust easily should give you all you need.

The included Honest torch is still all I use with my og Brick. The only torch that was always bullshit for me with the Brick was a five pack I got on Amazon....

Fuck me: is this the Eagle torch you've been talking about all this time?

I wish I'd connected the dots earlier when you first posted. Yeah, the flame is too short on those for me too.

This is the one that came with my Brick and the only knocks are 1) the dumb cap on a chain, and 2) the screwdriver style adjuster at the bottom as opposed to something easier.

I'd maybe consider this one (which I haven't tried) if I was shopping for another Brick torch lighter:

Yeah the PB 207 doesn't really do anything for me either, just heard it tossed around a few times and I looked it up once and saw how expensive it was lol. Thought maybe if it was worth it I would try it...but most likely not necessary lol. It is ugly as shit tho.

I see what you mean about the lighters, and I pretty much agree, as long as its reliable and the flame is big enough, only so much to improve on from there.

Yup! Thats the torch I've been talking about the entire time. Theres a little branding on the body, but same torch. The cap is slightly different, its a flip down cover rather than a cop on a chain, but same flame adjustment right below the nozzle, same plunger ignition, body shape, etc. Mine is in that orange color lol. Getting the second torch I realized how small the flame on the Eagle was. Turned up to max is probably the 50% setting on this other one I got...branded as a "pocket rocket"

It has the screwdriver adjustment on the bottom, which I cant stand either. But it works much better for me.

I'll order one of those ones you would consider for another brick lighter and let you know if I like it.

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
Eventually I'll get a nice one... anybody have a favorite torch?

Lighters are subjective, so take this with a grain of salt. After trying a LOT of inexpensive torches, I bought a Vertigo Serpent table lighter. It’s the nicest quality lighter I’ve had, and works great with my runt. I like the flame, the consistency and the large tank.

5D38EDC9-F6CE-4375-A079-F5EEB3106E42.jpeg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah the PB 207 doesn't really do anything for me either, just heard it tossed around a few times and I looked it up once and saw how expensive it was lol. Thought maybe if it was worth it I would try it...but most likely not necessary lol. It is ugly as shit tho.

I see what you mean about the lighters, and I pretty much agree, as long as its reliable and the flame is big enough, only so much to improve on from there.

Yup! Thats the torch I've been talking about the entire time. Theres a little branding on the body, but same torch. The cap is slightly different, its a flip down cover rather than a cop on a chain, but same flame adjustment right below the nozzle, same plunger ignition, body shape, etc. Mine is in that orange color lol. Getting the second torch I realized how small the flame on the Eagle was. Turned up to max is probably the 50% setting on this other one I got...branded as a "pocket rocket"

It has the screwdriver adjustment on the bottom, which I cant stand either. But it works much better for me.

I'll order one of those ones you would consider for another brick lighter and let you know if I like it.
Or maybe that big Serpent @Exsmoker recommends. Damn!

Hey everyone, recently got into vapor and am currently daily driving my Mighty and looking to get into manual vapes. I'm Interested in getting a Brick but I'm really unsure which model to go for.. I'm mostly into water but also like to go dry sometimes.

I'm currently looking at the HydroBrick Maxx for that purpose and have some questions:
  • Can it also be used dry?
  • What would you recommend in terms of accessories/adapters?
  • Should I consider other Bricks?
  • Is there a "definitive" comparison between all the different models somewhere? strengths, bowl sizes, etc.

Appreciate the help!

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I'm in the same boat but leaning heavily to a Junior SE ... read somewhere that the bowl sizes were the same for all of them ... not sure it's true though ... take a look at this run down...

shopdognyc

Hey everyone, recently got into vapor and am currently daily driving my Mighty and looking to get into manual vapes. I'm Interested in getting a Brick but I'm really unsure which model to go for.. I'm mostly into water but also like to go dry sometimes.

I'm currently looking at the HydroBrick Maxx for that purpose and have some questions:
  • Can it also be used dry?
  • What would you recommend in terms of accessories/adapters?
  • Should I consider other Bricks?
  • Is there a "definitive" comparison between all the different models somewhere? strengths, bowl sizes, etc.

Appreciate the help!

i started where you were. I wanted a desktop and went from Ditanium to Plenty to Flowerpot and ended up at Sticky Brick.

there was a time everyone was saying the Junior for the portability. People will complain the mouthpiece is too short and close to the intake. Easy fix flip the mouthpiece long end out.

I own the Sticky Bricks in this order

runt
Flip
Junior
Og
Hydro maxx

you can get the wpa for the runt and junior and think sneaky Pete has a version that should work

I’d vote for the runt that’s been my favorite so far

Cervical CBD

@Cervical CBD we need to talk man. I get my best rips with the Runt more than the others. What was the results today?

more of the same. Good hits or terrible ones that complete char the bowl. I’ve had it with butane and torches. I never know when this lighter is full and it spray everywhere when I purge it

Cervical CBD,

Cervical CBD

Are you using restrictor disc? I actually had a harder time controlling heat with the restrictor in believe it or not.

yes tried with and without, different flame lengths and pretty much everything. No clue why I struggle so bad but it makes me want to sell it.

Cervical CBD,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
more of the same. Good hits or terrible ones that complete char the bowl. I’ve had it with butane and torches. I never know when this lighter is full and it spray everywhere when I purge it

I forget, you said you've tried multiple lighters? Or have your issues just been with the one?

I've been having torch issues for a while. Starting to get it really figured out I think (probably the 10th time I've said that in this thread!). My issues originally were just not getting enough heat to the bowl and only getting mediocre extraction up until a certain point.

I got a couple new torches and its made the runt so much better for me. The latest torch I got, I only used for 2 bowls so far I think, but it could be the best one I've tried by a long shot.

Walk us through your technique? Start to finish? To me, just from the last couple posts, it sounds like your issue is with the torch itself, and/or trying to change too many things at once.

I went from the included Eagle torch, which SBL should never include in another box, IMO, to a similar "pocket rocket," to a different honest torch @bossman posted up.

This was the 2nd torch I tried: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TOOI5A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this is latest: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TVX5S23/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7kKBFb699VAPK

The promise/honest torch I really like, from the actual performance side of it. Flame is big and hot enough to really deliver a lot of heat to the bowl and get thorough and fast extraction out of it. Only downside is I hate the flame adjustment, and I dont love the fact it cant really stand on its own. The nozzle doesnt seem to get too hot though so it should be ok with laying on its side. Other than that, basically instant vapor with this lighter, something I hadn't really experienced before.

Used it for 2 bowls, so far the best runt experience I've had. Just easy, pleasurable, big rips. Recently acquired some "Vanilla Frosting" and blew a couple monster clouds last night. Shortly after that, I was out like a light.

Cervical CBD

I tried with the Eagle but struggled to get it hot enough. I now have a Scorch torch that seems to work, I just struggle filling it. I didn’t really have a technique but seemed to get it today and had a good session before work and a bit ago. The key seems to be flame length and not getting too close and scorching the bowl. It’s still way dark ABV but I get it that way with my SSV. I think I’m starting to get it just don’t like the occasional scorch because it hurts, tastes like ass, and doesn’t medicate me.

My torch looks like this...

shopdognyc

so problem is combusting?

i have a handful of honest torches and i think i bought one or two. message me if you want to send to you. i'm using ronsol butane since i've had a handful for my torch lighters when i smoked.

Cervical CBD

so problem is combusting?

i have a handful of honest torches and i think i bought one or two. message me if you want to send to you. i'm using ronsol butane since i've had a handful for my torch lighters when i smoked.

No I just get really dark on the 1st hit or 2 if the flame is too close. Overall though the ABV is darker than out of my Silver Surfer.

Cervical CBD,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Quick summary of what I'm about to type - if you're getting too dark too quick, either move the lighter further away, inhale faster, and re-think your load size/tamp.

Kind of why I was asking about your technique, because there are a few variables I was trying to figure out, but here's my thoughts.

So if you're scorching too quick theres a couple things to look at. The flame is the obvious first thing - flame size and distance to the intake. I've been turning my torches up to max and then backing it down until its controllable and giving that nice consistent jet flame. Too big and they dont burn as well. But more or less I like the flame as big as possible while still being consistent and burning the right way. I find that spot and dont touch the flame after that.

Distance to the intake... try this. Start a slow inhale and get the lighter going. Intentionally start as far away as possible, like no where near the intake...slowly start bringing it closer and closer. At some point you'll get some audible feedback like that whistling sound as the heat starts to reach the intake. I think you'll be surprised how far away the lighter actually is/can be to start working. It's probably a lot further away than you've been doing it, so just play around in that area, keep an eye on the mouthpiece for vapor production and when you see it/feel it start pulling a little faster.

Which brings up inhale speed, I always start really really slow - like dead slow - until I see vapor in the tube. Then start increasing, not to the point of a fast rip most of the time but a nice steady pull. It is counter intuitive though, if you start to get too much vapor, or its getting too hot, pull fast. Like rip it. Something to keep in mind since you're charring/scorching, and I wouldn't have thought that pulling faster would help when the vapor gets too hot, but it does. Simultaneously you can back the lighter off a bit.

Lastly the load itself. I've been using a medium grind, with NO tamp. I have a delta 3-d scoop I like to use cause it keeps my loads consistent to 2 or 3 fluffy scoops, but definitely not necessary. I find it a lot easier to use with loads on the bigger side, just easier to manage. It's almost like it's more stable with more material, its less sensitive to small changes. So yeah put some bud in there, like I said I prefer it nice and fluffy with no tamp to start. As it gets more and more spent, I will tamp it, but never to start. I just dump the flower in and give the side of the bowl a couple taps with my finger to settle the loose material.

If you're tamping to start that could be contributing to the charring. Similar to inhaling faster to keep temps down, tamping works opposite. You're restricting airflow by tamping, which increases heat in the bowl, so you char faster. That reminds me. Check your screen! If thats clogged up it does the same thing, restricts airflow and increases temp!

What are you doing with the carb? Corking it? Finger covering to feather? Personally mine is corked. Also stir after every 2 hits on average.

Hope this helps!

@Cervical CBD

Last edited:

RedEyeFlightControl

Inventor,Maker, Pro Nerd, Entgineer, GladScientist
Manufacturer
Does anyone have a photo of the most recent MAXX oven and RUNT oven lids? Wondering how many different versions of these oven lids there are.

RedEyeFlightControl,
Top Bottom