• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

iammyself

My Sticky Brick Runt in Canary came this morning from Cream City Vapes. I also got the WPA. I decided to start with a smallish 1/3 full bowl, just in case I combusted. And because I want to keep testing and experimenting today, not sleep all day. I left the restrictor disk in, as suggested, until I figure it all out. The first hit was super terpy, but no visible vapor. Next three hits were amazing!!!

The ABV was very light in color, but wasn’t producing any vapor. I kept trying to hit it, thinking there must be more in there since it was so light, but no vapor came out. Is that normal? I didn’t take a photo of the abv due to how friggen hard this thing has hit me! It’s been a bit since I got this high on that little material.

I also tried to put the WPA on, but the gasket that holds the glass in place is very loose, and the WPA just slides right out when placed on the water pipe. I had to prop it up to get the photo. The gasket that holds the intake in place is pretty tight. It seems like the hole for the mouthpiece was drilled a little bigger, so the gasket is a little loose. I’ll keep playing with it to figure out a good way to make it work.

I’m very excited to keep experimenting and learning, and eventually join the big boys by removing the restrictor disk.

1B9F5C22-7425-4D13-AFAD-2C7CCB1C033C.jpeg

EC5ADF86-47FD-4FDE-8F95-82B7157B8117.jpeg

FD0A3882-7D07-4D58-9BCE-0C759B5D0AA2.jpeg

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
The ABV was very light in color, but wasn’t producing any vapor. I kept trying to hit it, thinking there must be more in there since it was so light, but no vapor came out. Is that normal? I didn’t take a photo of the abv due to how friggen hard this thing has hit me! It’s been a bit since I got this high on that little material.

I have a Junior and that is a phenomenon which was quite irritating for me at the beginning too :hmm:.Slightly yellow ABV, no more vapor... But yes I think it's quite efficient. I sometimes re-vape my ABV from other devices in my Herborizer because I have no regular supply and you can load quite a big amount of ABV and go relatively high with the temperature and squeeze the rest of the ABV.

So I literally are able to use my Herborizer evaluating the extraction efficiency of my different devices.

Never had luck getting any vapor with ABV from my SB Junior!:freak:

Last edited:

Exsmoker

Plant Manager
I also tried to put the WPA on, but the gasket that holds the glass in place is very loose, and the WPA just slides right out when placed on the water pipe.

The WPA and intake should be the same diameter and fit fairly snug in the o-ring, or at least mine does. If your WPA is too loose it may be defective and need be replaced. Have fun with your new toy!

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
My Sticky Brick Runt in Canary came this morning from Cream City Vapes. I also got the WPA. I decided to start with a smallish 1/3 full bowl, just in case I combusted. And because I want to keep testing and experimenting today, not sleep all day. I left the restrictor disk in, as suggested, until I figure it all out. The first hit was super terpy, but no visible vapor. Next three hits were amazing!!!

I also tried to put the WPA on, but the gasket that holds the glass in place is very loose, and the WPA just slides right out when placed on the water pipe. I had to prop it up to get the photo. The gasket that holds the intake in place is pretty tight. It seems like the hole for the mouthpiece was drilled a little bigger, so the gasket is a little loose. I’ll keep playing with it to figure out a good way to make it work.

I’m very excited to keep experimenting and learning, and eventually join the big boys by removing the restrictor disk.

View attachment 1755

View attachment 1756

View attachment 1757
I'm very happy for you my friend the wait is finally over! For the problem with your WPA, is the mouth piece holding more securely than the WPA? Sometimes it's the glass that is the problem, each piece is hand blown so you always have little difference in size so it's the first place I would look. You can check if it's the hole the problem by simply switching the intake and the WPA, both hole should be the same. If you can, change the o-ring,
I don't think it's the problem but it will rule out the possibility. Start with this and you'll know what is causing the problem then just contact the retailer and they should be able to help you.

For the ABV you can push the heat a little bit more if you want, at the beginning it's always a balancing act between having more vapor and passing the point of combustion. Play around with your technique and your timing and in no time you will find what you like. Also keep in mind that after a while in the session if you heat it long enough you will start to taste the wood of the vape so that can mess up your perception a little bit.

iammyself

Thanks for the suggestion to try it in the intake gasket to test. It holds the whole weight of the brick on the wpa when I put it in the intake gasket. So I guess the hole for the mouthpiece gasket was made just slightly too large to make a good seal.

The Chemist

Thanks for the suggestion to try it in the intake gasket to test. It holds the whole weight of the brick on the wpa when I put it in the intake gasket. So I guess the hole for the mouthpiece gasket was made just slightly too large to make a good seal.
Ok now that you have isolated the problem you should send an email to Sticky Brick they'll tell you what to do about it.

The Chemist,
Reactions: iammyself

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The metal piece that is supposed to stay in the intake wood piece keeps falling out but i take it that will expand over time.
There should be a small o-ring that holds the metal piece in place. As far as I understand it the metal tube isn’t even necessary, it just keeps things cleaner.

@iammyself It is definitely possible to get dark ABV with the Sticky Brick lineup. It sounds like you need to bump up the heat on your torch. You might also need to increase your draw speed with a stronger torch, or adjust the distance to be further from the intake. One of the beautiful things about Bricks is you can take several massive rips and your herb still looks the same as when you loaded the chamber. Keep going with a strong flame, there are more hits left in your material.

Last edited:

iammyself

@iammyself It is definitely possible to get dark ABV with the Sticky Brick lineup. It sounds like you need to bump up the heat on your torch. You might also need to increase your draw speed with a stronger torch, or adjust the distance to be further from the intake. One of the beautiful things about Bricks is you can take several massive rips and your herb still looks the same as when you loaded the chamber. Keep going with a strong flame, there are more hits left in your material.

Thanks! You got me to the whistle. I turned the torch up (at first I thought the Honest torch couldn’t be adjusted, it’s my first butane device and I didn’t see a slider switch), and moved it further away. I angled it downward so it was hitting the bottom of the intake right at the outer flame tip. Two HUGE hits finished the bowl, and gave me very dark abv. I think I came real close to combusting on the second hit, even with the restrictor disk in.
FEA84380-3A1F-4077-9544-55A1A4E730D1.jpeg

The Chemist

The brick can be pretty surprising, sometimes you'll get a big cloud of vapor and you'll be sure you just combusted but when you look inside the herb is not even dark yet. Just be careful when you use it with water because the feeling of the vapor is completely different and it's easier to over heat and combust since you can't feel the taste and the heat of the vapor like with the regular mouth piece.

iammyself

The brick can be pretty surprising, sometimes you'll get a big cloud of vapor and you'll be sure you just combusted but when you look inside the herb is not even dark yet. Just be careful when you use it with water because the feeling of the vapor is completely different and it's easier to over heat and combust since you can't feel the taste and the heat of the vapor like with the regular mouth piece.

Yup! I definitely shouldn’t have tried the wpa the very next bowl after just getting it right. Too many variables. I combusted. Gross! But at least in the process of cleaning it out with ISO, the gasket now seems to fit very tight on the mouthpiece. I guess the wood absorbed some moisture. I should have thought of adding a bit of water for the wood to swell and tighten the gasket. It has been too long since high school wood shop.:doh:

The Chemist

Good idea about the wood and moisture. I don't know if it's gonna be enough to keep the WPA from falling but at least the mouth piece will be more secure. Also the wood will change just from the difference of moisture from your home and the shop you got it from maybe the problem will resolve itself. Careful with ISO and wood you can damage it if you use too much.

GoldenBud

you can also use S&B capsules to make sure the screen will stay cleaned. they are compatible with all the bricks I think

Lag

Got the curved intake in yesterday and now I need to relearn how to use this thing :lol:

Got this and it's making it easier. Glad I found one without the safety mechanism and it came with a nifty stand.
But yea, this is not a torch for the vertical intake. It seems to always cut out trying to go upside down.

Meant to edit my post :/
50189442573_3f9cde86ba_z.jpg

Tronzo669

Hey SB fans, i used to post on the dynavap thread but as i've gotten more into this kind of vaping, i've added some new vapes to my collection, one being a 2019 flip brick that i got last christmas, i thought y'all might be able to help me out.
The flip and i have kind of a toxic relationship. When it's good , it's so damn good, i feel like i have perfect torch control, the hits are flavorful and cloudy, and i only ever see a light scorch on my bowl when i really try to go for it. But then, like a bat out of hell, out of nowhere i combust on the second or third hit of a fresh bowl, even after changing out to a clean screen.
I tried most of the basic troubleshooting, (clean/change screens daily, using a smaller flame on my torch, adjusting draw speed, torch distance/angle, amount of green in the bowl etc.) but i can't seem to really dial in a sweet spot for longer than a week or so before i combust. Granted, sometimes it's because i get greedy and try to push my bowls too far, but sometimes it'll happen on a fresh bowl only 1 or 2 hits in. I'm not talking about seeing black/dark spots on the avb, i mean full on combustion, like the bowl cherries up like i'm just hitting a normal smoking bong. the taste isn't so bad compared to combusting in the dynavap, but ultimately my issue is the smell as i can't smoke in my apartment due to neighbor complaints, so vaping is my main source to medicate.
Despite this experience, i still really enjoy the convenience and speed of the sticky brick system, and when i get it right with the flip, it's top notch vapor, but i feel weird inhaling so much smoke out of a vaporizer :p, and having to clean my glass pieces every time isn't exactly ideal either. am i alone or is this just an inherent part of the flip brick, or all bricks?
I've been thinking the runt would have been a better original purchase, and am considering one now. While i know that combusting in any butane vape is possible, i'm wondering if hitting a brick dry through a bigger system like the runt or og is really that much easier to control? Ultimately i did go with the flip mostly for the price, i had seen warnings from video reviews that its the hardest to master compared to the other bricks, i just didnt think the learning curve would be this long to where i can comfortably use it without combustion for longer than a week or so.

So, i guess the ultimate question is, should i just keep trying to spend more time with the flip on the edge of combustion at any moment, or would i be better of to start from scratch with a runt? will the runt give me the extra control i want, or are there some flip brick tips/ hacks that i haven't seen that could really change the game?
Thanks for your help!
Sorry for the long ass post, if there's somewhere where this has been discussed before feel free to give me links!

Tronzo669

@Vapor_Eyes Thank you so much for this link, just flipping around the restrictor disc has re-invigorated my love for the flip brick, i think i may be putting off that runt purchase after all! i had no idea it would change that much but it's seriously night and day. Before, having the disc installed with the threaded skinny end going down to the bowl, i would get some nice hits but even when i was getting it to perform really well i'd almost always have small scorched hot spots, and had to basically clear the bowl/ finish the hit immediately after seeing a little cloud starting in the bong and still had hot spots and scorching pretty regularly. Now with the restrictor disc flipped so the skinny bit is pointed up, it's like i've added an extra half a foot to the airpath. Much slower more controllable hits, and i can really milk my bong up and not worry about combustion! blowing clouds that rival some of my ecig set ups and no scorches on the avb! If kenny or anyone from SBL is reading, you should ship the flip bricks with the disc installed this way! it lets you use a bigger flame too, just adds a lot more room for error without being so frighteningly close to combustion all the time. To, anyone else having a hard time with the flip brick, i would strongly recommend trying this tiny little modification, just make sure to do it when your intake glass is cold so you dont burn them fingers :p

iammyself

@Tronzo669, the Runt I got a couple days ago came with the restrictor disk thread-side-up. So I guess they are shipping at least some of them this way now. I honestly can’t imagine getting bigger hits than I am now, I see no reason to take the disk out. Naturally, I will just to experiment.

Edit: Just after posting that, I vaped a bowl. I decided to try taking the cork out since I haven’t combusted since the first day. Wow, that opens a whole new level of control by feathering the carb instead of moving the torch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom