Sticky Brick Junior by Sticky Brick Labs

6079Smith

I, personally, have zero concerns over charring. It will only go so far and then a layer of carbon is created that has very good insulating properties.

I don't think it likely any of us will be experiencing a Brick/Okin hybrid, so long as your house is not on fire.. and if that happens, I've already scooped my Bricks and ran screaming like a banshee :)

Vapor Loop

will the larger brick flame intake fit into a jr? also @SB if I order the 28th will it get shipped out or will you guys still be busy with champs as I wanted to buy the express shipping to get it this week thanks

You can order one now from puff it up, My maple just shipped from them.

I will give this oil treatment a shot when i get mine to see if it prevents that spot.

vapeape77

You can order one now from puff it up, My maple just shipped from them.

I will give this oil treatment a shot when i get mine to see if it prevents that spot.

Hmmmm, no sign of any burn spots on inside of my walnut, it actually shows no visible wear. Considering I run .5 to 1 grams in my Jr each day now, mine seems very durable using a full rotating flame on flare intake with the Eagle lighter. All I do is brush the inside and blow any small abv out, also put an extra screen in mp area for min cleaning.

I just bought a beeswax candle and mineral oil that I will mix to give my Jr a good finish!

Any specific type of quality butane suggestions out there? Zippo 5 pack on Amazon looks decent I guess...
ri5TU8U.jpg

2oKyLB9.jpg

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hmmmm, no sign of any burn spots on inside of my walnut, it actually shows no visible wear. Considering I run .5 to 1 grams in my Jr each day now, mine seems very durable using a full rotating flame on flare intake with the Eagle lighter. All I do is brush the inside and blow any small abv out, also put an extra screen in mp area for min cleaning.

I just bought a beeswax candle and mineral oil that I will mix to give my Jr a good finish!

Any specific type of quality butane suggestions out there? Zippo 5 pack on Amazon looks decent I guess...
ri5TU8U.jpg

Oh, wow. Your unit looks very clean and smoothly finished. Thanks for the pic.
I wonder, if mine is just not sanded/finished throughly? How are yours @maple owners not having the wood taste (anymore)? Thinking I might have better gone for walnut..? :(

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I took out my screen and gave young junior a good clean for the first time cuz I was getting some airflow inconsistencies. It was like a load of brown sugar under there! Like exactly brown sugar consistency lol. Got to clean these guys regularly it seems haha.

My maple has slight charring and had a slight woody taste that has mostly gone away now unless I push it too hard. I kind of like the wood taste so did not bother me at all. There will be a slight "burn in" period on these type of vapes and as you master technique I would say.

Also I got a more powerful torch that I use for the Brick Senior and now I get crazy clouds.
Junior does much better with a small torch

My junior technique is awesome now micro dosing or larger session bowls.

Last night I packed some fresh herb took a small hit then went to bed. This morning I got the best hits off the junior from the previous nights now dried out load.

Sticky "I can't believe it's not combustion" Brick Labs

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@Vapor_Eyes great pics!! That most have been like a going home party for the splattered maple!! Thanks for sharing!

:peace:
You're welcome! :tup:

I've been itching to take my Junior for a hike and it finally worked out. It felt good bringing it back to nature.

I was worried about my material coming out of the intake during the hike. I tamped the load down and it never once came loose, and it was in my pocket the whole time. Except of course when I was hitting it and taking pictures of it! :science:

It was a little windy too and I didn't have any trouble with the Eagle torch, it worked great.

6079Smith

These are too cool! The top one kinda looks like Brickzilla towering over a forest, lol. Just ready to devour trees. Scarred Bricks in boles, shrooms, early fall colors.. beautiful.

Speaking of devouring trees, I'm having a lot of success with your recommendation! Where I thought I'd been redlining things with my draw/torch before, I hadn't even hit the powerband. I've got my torch adjusted down to where I'd have to try hard to combust and am still blowing massive clouds by really ramping up my draw toward the end. Love the added versatility of use and it was a good reminder that honing one's technique is never quite over.

Jr's just been killing it as a portable for me, no other portable gets me where I want as quickly. I certainly don't enjoy using them as much. I love that I can sip and draw a bowl out with low temps or just crush it in a few lung-busters when the situation or mood dictates

jrcmang

I took out my screen and gave young junior a good clean for the first time cuz I was getting some airflow inconsistencies. It was like a load of brown sugar under there! Like exactly brown sugar consistency lol. Got to clean these guys regularly it seems haha.

My maple has slight charring and had a slight woody taste that has mostly gone away now unless I push it too hard. I kind of like the wood taste so did not bother me at all. There will be a slight "burn in" period on these type of vapes and as you master technique I would say.

Also I got a more powerful torch that I use for the Brick Senior and now I get crazy clouds.
Junior does much better with a small torch

My junior technique is awesome now micro dosing or larger session bowls.

Last night I packed some fresh herb took a small hit then went to bed. This morning I got the best hits off the junior from the previous nights now dried out load.

Sticky "I can't believe it's not combustion" Brick Labs

I had the same issue with my junior screen. Brown sugar is a spot on description. I never had this problem so much with the brick. I get buildup for sure but it all accumulates below the screen around the bowl. The screen is definitely gunky but nothing like what Junior's screen looks like. My screen does seem to be staying cleaner since I've been using the new high airflow draw method. I'll pull it this weekend and check it but my airflow doens't seem restricted at all and I've put a good amount of material in it since my last cleaning.

Love the pics bro! Junior looks right at home....handsome little fella.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
These are too cool! The top one kinda looks like Brickzilla towering over a forest, lol. Just ready to devour trees. Scarred Bricks in boles, shrooms, early fall colors.. beautiful.

Speaking of devouring trees, I'm having a lot of success with your recommendation! Where I thought I'd been redlining things with my draw/torch before, I hadn't even hit the powerband. I've got my torch adjusted down to where I'd have to try hard to combust and am still blowing massive clouds by really ramping up my draw toward the end. Love the added versatility of use and it was a good reminder that honing one's technique is never quite over.

Jr's just been killing it as a portable for me, no other portable gets me where I want as quickly. I certainly don't enjoy using them as much. I love that I can sip and draw a bowl out with low temps or just crush it in a few lung-busters when the situation or mood dictates
@6079Smith I'm glad you're enjoying the technique. The Junior certainly packs a punch and hits me quickly too.

Here's some bonus footage from the cutting room floor:

ZBTwpOV.jpg

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@vapen00b the charing looks normal imo and do not sleep on the stashes of oils that collect on the mi stems for instance...just scrape and apply!

But in all honesty I think it's just a matter of a big flame and too much heat bringing the woody flavors out.

@Vapor_Eyes last picture looks like junior is being birthed from the womb of the tree! Good shot.

Last edited:

vapeape77

I'm pretty sure Jr can be kept nice and clean with that sugar dust out by doing a few things. First use a Mighty screen in the bowl, this type of screen can even handle keif. Drop a small second screen in top of mouthpiece area. Brush and blow out any remnants after each cash, and once a week run a pipe cleaner in small holes, ISO glass. Keep that taste fresh!

Top Bottom