Source Nail XL?

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Not upcoming, sorry if im posting in the wrong place. It seems i have insufficient privileges to start a new vape thread and i cant find one for the Source Nail or XL (except one with no replies about some orb mod), so i figured id start it here, and if im breaking any important rules, it can be moved or something.

Anyway so i was reading about this erig/enail/vape and i found it to be exactly what i need. Something similar to the Dr Dabber Boost but with temp control. I really like the design, although i know this device is bigger and less portable. I spent around 140 on it not counting shipping.

Soon after, i found a thread on reddit (i dont usually use it, but its the only place i found a real forum for this vape). However the thread was from 4 years ago and was referring to a very different version of this product. They were saying that the titanium grade wasnt good enough and that it was dangerous. Whether true or no the company seemed to definitely notice and they did their best to hold off the pitchforks. Lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Waxpen/comments/3v364m/source_vapes_lying_about_atomizer_materials/

It seems the reviews for later products by source are much better, none of those "poison" complaints. And th kit i ordered is the "source xl sig 2 kit" which includes a ton of different nails, listed in this poster
2zs8kz5.jpg

Btw as far as titanium quality the company redid some stuff and is clearly listing it as grade 2 again. But i dont mind using the other ones instead anyway

I was wondering if anyone has this erig and can comment on it? The reviews i read all seem good but i really wanted to know from users here, because FC has helped me pick out every single vape i ever bought, theres nowhere else id ask for more extensive vaporizer knowledge :)

Last edited:

Karnis2

I have it & works well...it's my go-to for concentrates. I use the glass globe more than I use the WPA. I really like the quartz bucket atomizers, very clean taste. I don't use any of the coils, sorry.....buckets only for me. Personally, after owing it for a while, I'd save some cash & just get an eleaf Pico 75 W battery, heat sink, a Source Vape glass globe and a 3-pack of 10 MM source nail quartz bucket atomizers....maybe one of their $30 bubblers too.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
I love those bucket atomizers. They hit like an actual rig. I ordered a pack of titanium nails but the quartz are freakin amazing. When the heating is right, this thing truly is very potent. I just hope it lasts and doesnt start giving me "no atomizer found" notices every time. The box mod itself is pretty cool too. I decided to also get a Zeus Thunder 2 and thatll be that for my wax/bho vapes. Ahem. For now ;)

Im more of an herbal vape fan, i dont usually mess with wax vaporizers

kuzko

I love those bucket atomizers. They hit like an actual rig. I ordered a pack of titanium nails but the quartz are freakin amazing. When the heating is right, this thing truly is very potent. I just hope it lasts and doesnt start giving me "no atomizer found" notices every time. The box mod itself is pretty cool too. I decided to also get a Zeus Thunder 2 and thatll be that for my wax/bho vapes. Ahem. For now ;)

I have it & works well...it's my go-to for concentrates. I use the glass globe more than I use the WPA. I really like the quartz bucket atomizers, very clean taste. I don't use any of the coils, sorry.....buckets only for me. Personally, after owing it for a while, I'd save some cash & just get an eleaf Pico 75 W battery, heat sink, a Source Vape glass globe and a 3-pack of 10 MM source nail quartz bucket atomizers....maybe one of their $30 bubblers too.

What settings are you guys running the quartz buckets on, I can’t seem to get much vapor like the titanium buckets. I’m using the new source nail xl quartz buckets.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
You dont wanna go too high with quartz. I actually always got the Most vapor from the quartz nails than even the titanium. They say for the small one (13mm) to stick to 15-20, not really much above. I burnt it out using 25-30. For the 15mm (rig) size, should be like 23w or so.

For the big, 15mm quartz they say "dont go above 30". I would say 25 should be the highest

You shouldnt have much trouble getting vapor with the quartz. The only one i dont like out of the main 3 sig 2 nails is the ceramic.

FractaLSD,

JCat

Accessory Maker
Anyone try the XL and XXL SiC buckets? I'm not having much luck ... but mine might be a bad batch maybe? (they don't seem to get hot enough, and the concentrate just runs to the edges of the buckets ... the centers of the buckets seem hot enough!!! :lol: )

Edit: (I got the source nail xl 2 510 kit and I'm using it with a Pico 75 w/ a heat sink ...)

I've tried the XL and XXL SiC atomizers I have and they just wasted concentrate ... when I tried the 4 series ceramic bucket it came with it vaporized everything really well! (worked like I expected it to)

Help!

I'm thinking maybe my atomizers aren't working right? (these ones are early versions that were given to me, so this may well be the case).

I'd order more XL SiC or XXL SiC atomizers if I knew they were going to work like the 4 series ceramic did! As well, I'd order the 4 series Max SiC atomizer if anyone had them in stock!

(I'm in Canada FYI so prefer to order from here ...)

Edit Edit: I hear the XL series atomizers work well with the Sai TAF as well ... this very much interests me as well! The Sai TAF w/ a SiC bucket? Now that is interesting!

Last edited:
JCat,

tennisguru1

EXCELSIOR!

Can I use them in my Sai Taf with TC?If yes, please post link to 10 mm
I'm concerned that info on source isn't covered here & basically dropped on Reddit?
What's up, I love the Sai but am tired of waiting for quartz buckets & archaic heaters
non TCR able under them. Anyone in source land have honest poop?

tennisguru1,

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
So this thing is actually pretty cool for an "ecig wax device". I only use it in rig mode, because with the vape style top, it gets so hot, cause thats a real titanium atomizer, or quartz, etc. not a fan of ceramic. But, while its not quite an enail, this gets you some pretty nice vape-dabs that are much more potent than a typical wax pen.

FractaLSD

PsychMyc
Can I use them in my Sai Taf with TC?If yes, please post link to 10 mm
I'm concerned that info on source isn't covered here & basically dropped on Reddit?
What's up, I love the Sai but am tired of waiting for quartz buckets & archaic heaters
non TCR able under them. Anyone in source land have honest poop?

Youre right, no one covers Source nail on here, and even reddit, they seem to have a bad rep, which is dumb cause theyre actually amazing devices

I had to pretty much just read a few things and shell out the 140ish bucks, and hope for the best. Luckily, in rig mode it def does hit the spot. I just hold the button down anyway and use like a pen but the dabs i get, after 3-5 mins im always toasted. Slower than a true rig but just as potent really. Doesnt go through much wax either

Reminds me very much of Dr Dabber Boost but not just ceramic

Maybe this could be the start of the Source Thread, for the Nail, XL, Orb, 10cig, all their atomizers and batteries

People could lay out their opinions on the current state of the source products. I know alot of people are using the orb pen lately. That and the Saianara (sp?) which seem to be about the same

Last edited:
Top Bottom