Some thoughts about animal products...

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
A guy with the bamboo skirt says.. : You eat lizard ... you climb well... You eat scorpion your strike becomes more deadly.. .... When you eat cow you start eating like a cow and big like a cow.. :)
The majority(90%)/of the people over 40 y.o. are overweight and about 50% of the young generation....
We were in tribal times warriors on horse that breed with thrachian tribes.. So our main food was horse milk and dried meat... and started to use dried fish and bread which is traditional for the thracians.. and 1330 years later we dont ride and kick ass in Europe like we used to ... we are depressed country with poor people .. Its like 1/10 of what it had been used to be in territory ... 2 world wars on the German side ...because of German kings.. (hahah i think thats is the reason that sausages are traditional here too)
So depressed people eat junk food... cause it intoxicates them and reduce somehow the stress.. but is a double blade. :)
You are hungry until your body ,expecially the brain receives all of its needed nutrients.. that are almost nowhere to find in animal products :D... So the situation is like a master matrial artist said ones... :
Your plate is full ,but your food is empty... So by eating animal products and junk food you get none of the nutrients + 10 times the fats + many many many chemical shit that your body can recognize and attacks it with your immune system leaving you ill and exausted .. You will continue to eat until you brain alarms you body..."STOP EATING BITCH, there is no more place for food in your stomach i had enough i am not hungry any more stop poisoning me... but he is hungry with no way to get the needed nutrients cause there is no place in your stomach for any more food and if there is probably it will be filled again with empty food...
Yoghurt and white cheese + yellow cheese is traditional for my country... But what exactly is milk and what does it do ??? Isn't it that think that the lamb drinks in order to become a bull or cow ? And it drinks it how long ? An year ? So what will happen if you use every day for 20-60 years something that makes a cow or bull from a lamb for 1 year ??? Fat ,poisoned mf....!!!
+ People in my country just don't drink water... that also contributes to their obesity ... Water is a solvent.. The cleaner it is the more can be dissolved in... We need to drink at least 2 l of water a day in order to wash away the crap.. and by drinking beer they only dehydrate their body even more... + blasting it with all the crap beer contains..(here the common salary is 200$/month. And 3liters of beer in a plastic bottle is bout 1.5 $ :D...)
We are small old and dying country... Main reason is cause we are depressed of what we are ,we hate each other, majority is fat, fat means sick.. being fat is a health issue . Do you know that your country (USA) will spend in 2011 $123 000 000 000 on obesity ?? Thats about 70% of the money that will be used for health :D... My country would never do such thing for our people... And only 0.5% of the doctors in my country have taken diet courses ... And they are even more ill looking than the patients...
Because they have like 10-15 times the normal salary and eat 10-15 time more junk food....
P.S If you wannna know how they treat the animals you eat, and which skins we wear watch the movie
Earthlings .. Don't watch if you dont wanna know :).. May be hard for you if you are not a meat eater...

Abysmal Vapor,

crawdad

floatin
im so hungry right now. and i pretty much agree to a point what you are saying, been altering my diet for the past 3 years and still working on it, i feel im getting closer and closer to what my body would naturally need and require but thats not to say i dont indulge on occasion, i mean even vaping is an indulgence to a point.

crawdad,

Abysmal Vapor

crawdad said:
im so hungry right now. and i pretty much agree to a point what you are saying, been altering my diet for the past 3 years and still working on it, i feel im getting closer and closer to what my body would naturally need and require but thats not to say i dont indulge on occasion, i mean even vaping is an indulgence to a point.
Vaping is healthy and makes life easier and longer ... One of the main reason of health issues is the increased UV-radiation :).. Thats one of the worst scourges to mankind ... In Australia the skin cancer cases are numerous ... I dont remember but like 15% of the population had skin cancer...
Here is my theory . Have you heard they use UV lamps in cannabis cultivation ? Reptile lamos :) With UVA and UVB radiation... The more radiation the more thc you get... Cannabis produces THC resin crystals in order to keep the fruits and probably the seeds from the uv radiation... When making the bud surface more reflective and slowing the speed light due to thicker medium (crystal).. I've also have heard that thc hasbenefits to skin ,and have noticed myself that people using pot have shinier skin.. My gf used to have skin issues before she started vaping :)..
Thc stays in you fat , the path to the brain is through the spine so it also builds up there.. It builds up in brain until use is stopped for a while ,in blood. skin , hair :)... So my conclusion is the THC there is our bodies the more protected from the UV we are...
I think that marijuana benefits against so many diseases because it makes the body stronger to UV radiation, Stimulates Apetite and Joy of life , Reduces the symptoms of numerous diseases....Thats why we can recover instead of suffer..
Pot will help human survival and we should stick to it ... Mother nature knows how to protect us .. The more UV radiation there is the stronger the pot will be :cool:

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

The only animal product i would try again willingly is a Kamboo stick :).. cause it is applied to skin and the frog is not harmed :).
http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/images/d_281.jpg http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/images/d_283.jpg http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/images/d_282.jpg http://www.shamanic-extracts.com/xcart/images/d_284.jpg
This product is not sold or intended for the purpose of application as described in the product description. Any information provided about this product on this website, including any links to external websites, are solely intended for historical, scientific and educational purposes and must not be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific use of the product. The statements contained herein have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and the product is not intended to "diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease." The use and application of this product, based on the historical and scientific context provided in the product descriptions and articles, is solely at the customer's risk. This product is a specimen of ethnographic value and interest only and is delivered with no express or implied fitness for any purpose. The product descriptions are compiled from sources we deemed to be reliable up to the date it was written but may contain omissions or errors in fact, or become outdated. It outlines the documented history of uses but should no way be construed to make any medical claims about the ability or efficacy of any of this item to treat, prevent or mitigate any disease or condition. Although it may have a long history of being used for a particular purpose, scientific evidence proving its efficacy for that purpose may be lacking.

Never use Kambo without professional guidance!

Other Names

Sapo (toad), Vacina do Sapo (toad vaccine), Leite do Sapo (toad milk), Kamb, or Kamp, Secretions of the Phyllomedusa bicolor treefrog.

Description

A Kambo Stick is a small wooden stick, with on its surface the dried secretions of a bright green tree frog called the Phyllomedusa bicolor. "Kambo", "Kampo" or "Sapo" is a traditional medicine used by Amazonian tribes indigenous to the western Amazon region. The Matses tribe traditionally uses this medicine to obtain strenght, aim and dexterity for the hunting. The utilization of this frog venom is shared by numerous other Amazonian tribes, including the Matis, Kanamari, Kaxinawa, Katukina, Kulina, Yaminawa, Marubo, and Ticuna tribes.

Contents

The dried secretion contains up to 7% potently active peptides - phyllocaerulein, phyllomedusin, phyllokinin, dermorphins (selective mu opioid receptor agonists) and deltorphins (selective delta opioid receptor agonists).
Phyllomedusin is a new peptide of the tachykinin family. Phyllomedusin strongly affects the salivary glands, tear ducts, intestines, and bowels, and contributes to violent purging. Tachykinins are active peptides which excite neurons, evoke behavioral responses. They are potent vasodilators and secretagogues, and Phyllomedusin contract (directly or indirectly) many smooth muscles. Phyllomedusin is secreted protein and expressed by the skin glands.

Historical

The Panoan tribes that practice the poison frog ritual call it kambo or kampo in their language. The tree frog is stretched by strings tied to its limbs. Tree frogs are referred to as sapos, in spanish hence the term sapo as sometimes used to refer to the indigenous medicine, kambo. As painful as it may look, the tree frog is not harmed during the process in which the poison is harvested from its skin. Traditionally, older men scrape the epidermis of the frog with a wooden stick to remove the toxin. After harvesting the poison, the frog is released unharmed. To the Matses, harming the frog could offend animal spirits and resulting in severe misfortune.(1)
The tribal members use the poison as a medicine and hunting aid, claiming it makes them strong and invisible. The poison from the wooden stick is typically mixed with the shaman's saliva and applied to tiny burns.(2)
Sebastian, a Machineri Indian warns that their "healers know how to use the frog's secretion. Now, it is being used in other places incorrectly, and this has led to the death of patients."(3)

In the 1980s, during one of his visits to the Matses Indians in Peru, investigative journalist Peter Gorman documented the first first-hand experience of a human taking an animal substance directly into the blood stream for medicinal purposes. Times have changed since then. Throughout the Amazon, sapo, can now be purchased, without prescription, in markets and apothecaries, or administered by traditional healers and herbalists as a natural household remedy. Not surprisingly, the global pharmaceutical industry is now taking keen interest in the medicinal properties of frog slime. In an International Herald Tribune article dated May 31, 2006, an alliance between the Katukina tribe and the Brazilian government aims ensure that profits generated from the development of drugs from the phyllomedusa bicolor's secretions, will stay in the country and benefit the Katukinas.(4)

Animal Description:

Phyllomedusa bicolor, also known as the Giant Leaf Frog or the Giant Monkey Frog, is a large green noctural frog that lives in the trees of the Peruvian and Brazilian Amazon. Males 91-103 mm, females 111-119 mm. The dorsum is dark green and the belly varies from white to yellow-white or cream. There are sparse white spots with dark frames on the lower lips, chest and front legs, and these are more dense on the flanks and hind legs. Fingers are transparent brown with large green adhesive discs. A prominent gland extends from behind the eye over the tympanum. The iris is dark gray. The species is arboreal and nocturnal. Males usually call from high trees, and descend with the female to construct nests 1-3 m above ponds. Reproduction occurs throughout the year in ponds near to, or far from, streams, with a peak from November to May (rainy season). The females deposit about 600 unpigmented eggs in a gelatinous mass in leaf nests hanging over ponds. The leaves are joined or folded with the aid of the male. After 8-10 days, the tadpoles hatch and fall into the water, where they complete development until metamorphosis. Like other amphibians from around the world, the giant monkey frog is threatened by climate change and habitat loss.

Never use Kambo without professional guidance!

Source - Shamanic-extracts .com

Abysmal Vapor,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I remember a few years ago I started noticing free range chickens and beef becoming popular, or just more available which means people demanded it, or they thought it would become popular.

I don't know why it took me so long to catch on to why (oh, that's right, because i only watched TV news)

thats a beautiful movie, but sad, i'm frankly having a hard time finishing it...i kept thinking, oh, it won't be so bad for the fur animals or leather, how bad could that be? (damn)

VWFringe,

weedemon

enthusiast
what an interesting though and approach. I have never thought about it like that before. brings a shaking reality to the saying "you are what you eat".

"the plate is full, but the food is empty" I'm going to remember that too.

regarding thc and skin, I agree. remember, our body makes oils to protect our skin and keep it "fresh" the part of marijuana we love is also an oil.

i am having thoughts of mmj somehow becoming a form of sunblock now :D

my cousin is from NZ and she also has scars from cancerous moles being removed. I remember her telling me about how fast you get sunburned down there. are you Australian btw?

weedemon,

Abysmal Vapor

:) No where near ... I live where the green dot is.. Weed is illegal here.. But LSD, Salvia, DMT, all shulgins notebook :D are legal ... even the legal highs that are forbidden in some parts of the world.. We have 1330 years of history.. full of treachery and treason ... Our Kings( we were twice on the germans side in the ww because our kings were from the Sax and the Coburg and Goths and thats the reason todays territory of my country is 1/5 of what it was in its golden years.. and there are many of use leaving and being repressed in our neighbour countries..) and stupid and egoistic politics sold our country , and our people.. I posted this pic because that is one of the biggest crimes against humans i ever heard... The government was to the communists.. (suckin russian cocks..) so they didnt inform the people for the explosion... and the acid rains... and the dangers of radiation... Actually they told us :D 7 months later after all the crops were consumed.... They didnt inform us in order that we eat the production... .. There were cherries tasting like metal.. deformed creatures.. cancer outburst...
Now its fine .. but progress is coming and its ruining our nature...

Abysmal Vapor,

Abysmal Vapor

VWFringe said:
I remember a few years ago I started noticing free range chickens and beef becoming popular, or just more available which means people demanded it, or they thought it would become popular.

I don't know why it took me so long to catch on to why (oh, that's right, because i only watched TV news)

thats a beautiful movie, but sad, i'm frankly having a hard time finishing it...i kept thinking, oh, it won't be so bad for the fur animals or leather, how bad could that be? (damn)
How do anal electrecution with 60-70 cm metal spike stuck into your butt with your legs pierces with hooks and hanging upside down , after they have tortured you with cutting your nose and putting salt and pepper in the eyes so you can keep going and going.. and leaving you starving so they can easily take off your skin... and killing you in a room full of creatures with the same fate watching a knowing to be next...
I just dont wanna eat those chemicals.. the brain stimulates due to their emotianal state...(fear, desperation= adrenaline + dopamine + amphetamine like substances that can actually hook you to animal products + the vitamins and the antibiotics they inject them in order to produce more milk... Thats why there are antibiotic proof infections... cause we eat animal produkts daily and we have antibiotic daily( Impure and stronger for animals ) and we build tolerance and fungal infections.. making it impossible for the antibiotic to work when they are needed to cure some disease :)

Abysmal Vapor,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Just to comment on animal products, they are all ACIDIC,... they alter homeostasis in your body for the worse. vegetables, nuts, seeds, some fruits, are all ALKALINE, and nourish your body,. This ensures that your cells are getting a clean blood supply and you can recover faster from injury, and will have more radiant and healthier skin. This is just what I have experienced.. I'm meat, dairy, and animal product free as much as I can. It is a toxic world!

and p.s., pigs don't have a lymphatic system like we do to rid our body of toxins,, so guess what you are eating when you have a pulled pork sandwhich, ew! :p

Elluzion,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Elluzion said:
Just to comment on animal products, they are all ACIDIC,... they alter homeostasis in your body for the worse. vegetables, nuts, seeds, some fruits, are all ALKALINE, and nourish your body,.

So surely we should eat a bit of both to neutralise our pH ? Or at least maintain a 7.35 average :brow:

Meat is good. Lots of animals eat NOTHING but meat. It is not an unnatural survival strategy.

I think we quite clearly fall into the omnivourous camp and should feel quite comfortable eating small quantities. I feel I have a clear and long evolutionary history of eating meat, although not as much as we eat in our modern lives, granted. It's certainly not toxic in the appropriate quantities, but it is about a balance. In our natural state I expect meat would be a special occurance, and our hunter gatherer ancestors spent a lot more time gathering sucessfully than they did hunting sucessfully. Certainly not something we should eat with every meal.

WatTyler,

jackmormon

I have only ready one book that truly changed my life dramatically, for the better. It relates to this subject.

Anyone interested in the relationship of diet and disease with a little bit of animal issues and a smattering of the disgusting politics of the FDA+research money should check out:

The China Study
by T. Colin Campbell

jackmormon,

Abysmal Vapor

Meat is a drug :)... its not a food... Its nutritional values are poor when compared to some plant sources and super foods... To digest meat takes more energy than it gives.. Meat has similar effects to amphetamines... We digest only 10% of the meat... because we dont have that enzimes (which the animal you mentioned have) so we are not designed to eat meat... What you can't digest you shall not eat because there is a large chance for it to stay in you body forever... as fat and other lumbopathic shit... I don't wanna have foreign dna fat around my heart...

Abysmal Vapor,

jackmormon

What you eat is a choice, as WatTyler mentions. We all have to live with the consequences of our choices. Personally, I choose not to eat any part of a dead body. (Mammal or other.)

I point back to The China Study where the author found over 30 years of research that the strongest correlation between diet and "diseases of affluence" like heart disease, obesity, diabetes, and many cancers isn't calories, fat, carbs, etc. The correlation was always ANIMAL PROTEIN. Those cultures that traditionally eat a plant based diet have the lowest rates of these diseases while the cultures that eat the most animal protein have the highest rates. The US, UK, Netherlands, and Denmark are at the top of the list for highest animal protein intake and highest rates of "diseases of affluence" as they are termed.

The book is the best $10.00 anyone can ever spend. Not trying to start an argument but I can state, confidently, from personal experience that my health has improved dramatically since switching to a plant based diet. This is just me. (It sure is nice weighing 180lbs and wearing size 34 pants when 2 years ago I weighed 250lbs and wore size 46 pants.)

I probably sound like a preacher but feel to share something that has dramatically improved my life.

(Plus we are all fans of plants on this forum!)

jackmormon,

Nosferatu

Yeah I never understood why humans starting drinking from cows breasts. Its like if you really want milk your whole life even after being a baby, continue drinking human mother milk, be my guest. But how on earth does it make sense to drink a COWS breast milk designed for a new born calf?

Nosferatu,

Abysmal Vapor

Buddha died from eating too much because he was so kind that he could not refuse any gift...:).. Although his vaporizer has outlived him.. due to far more durable solid metal body :) and uncomplicated and healthy electronics :). and will never have problems with vaping too much :).

Abysmal Vapor,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah I never understood why humans starting drinking from cows breasts. Its like if you really want milk your whole life even after being a baby, continue drinking human mother milk, be my guest. But how on earth does it make sense to drink a COWS breast milk designed for a new born calf?

that is purely an emotive perspective, rather than logical?. It was quite a clever leap for humans to start doing this, but by no means an unnatural progression- lot's of animals have evolved symbiotic relationships with other species and use each others products- some ants and aphids for example. How do you feel about the Masai, Mursi or other such african tribes, living successfully for thousands of years off a diet heavy on cow milk and blood shakes. Eewww gross? That's not my reaction. It's just a different strategy in a different environment with different resources.

What the book seems to be mostly referring to is modern commercial milk production and intensive methods and adulteraton, judging by its reviews and synopsis. Seems to be an issue mostly for the milk industry, rather than the substance in it's natural form.

It's true that on earth a majority of humans are lactose intolerant- their body stops producing the enzyme lactase after the weaning period. But in areas where milk consumption exists a mutation in the gene that switches off lactase production has evolved to become common in some communities (quick google- 90% in scandinavians). This could only happen due to an evolutionary advantange in being able to eat diary. Dairy is good- in history it allowed us to live longer and breed more successfully (in Europe and Africa- the same hasn't held true in china and much of asia where there was less of an advantage and we see much higher instances of adult lactose intolerance). Now we have more resources, and the selection pressure is not there and dairy not so important to our survival, but the evolutionary process that led to me being able to digest lactose remains.

So taking an evidence based approach I can't really see whats wrong with milk either. As long as it's from good healthy cows and relatively adulterant free. It's high fat, and I certainly shouldn't consume too much of it. But it's certainly not poison :lol:

WatTyler,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
hey, what ever happened to that guy who espouses eating only rotted meat?

that guys fridge was SCIENCE!

How to Prepare and Eat Rotten Meat on the Primal Diet

-------------
in an old movie, "The Gods Must Be Crazy," the tribesmen talk to their prey before they kill it, ask it's forgiveness, grant it some small recognition and dignity...that's the way I think it's okay to kill animals for food, not the way i see it done in that movie, so i'm off that stuff for now (for the most part)

VWFringe,

Nosferatu

WatTyler said:

that is purely an emotive perspective, rather than logical?. It was quite a clever leap for humans to start doing this, but by no means an unnatural progression- lot's of animals have evolved symbiotic relationships with other species and use each others products- some ants and aphids for example. How do you feel about the Masai, Mursi or other such african tribes, living successfully for thousands of years off a diet heavy on cow milk and blood shakes. Eewww gross? That's not my reaction. It's just a different strategy in a different environment with different resources.

What the book seems to be mostly referring to is modern commercial milk production and intensive methods and adulteraton, judging by its reviews and synopsis. Seems to be an issue mostly for the milk industry, rather than the substance in it's natural form.

It's true that on earth a majority of humans are lactose intolerant- their body stops producing the enzyme lactase after the weaning period. But in areas where milk consumption exists a mutation in the gene that switches off lactase production has evolved to become common in some communities (quick google- 90% in scandinavians). This could only happen due to an evolutionary advantange in being able to eat diary. Dairy is good- in history it allowed us to live longer and breed more successfully (in Europe and Africa- the same hasn't held true in china and much of asia where there was less of an advantage and we see much higher instances of adult lactose intolerance). Now we have more resources, and the selection pressure is not there and dairy not so important to our survival, but the evolutionary process that led to me being able to digest lactose remains.

So taking an evidence based approach I can't really see whats wrong with milk either. As long as it's from good healthy cows and relatively adulterant free. It's high fat, and I certainly shouldn't consume too much of it. But it's certainly not poison :lol:

Makes sense I guess so in the end its less about what you eat but how healthy and fresh the source is.

Nosferatu,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
that's definately my theory.

Although I also think generally eating the species (both plant and animal) naturally associated with the climate around you is best; Polar dwellers are best evolved to eat high fat high calorie diets like seals and whales and carbs like roots and tubers, and would struggle on a diet of tropical fruit and salads. Tropical dweller would probably get sick eating lots the former. Also maybe less tolerant to seasonal famines that temperate dwelling humans had to cope with, and fruits all year, and so less fat storage on the body. & equatorial meat is leaner and more suited to their metabolism.

And of course, some places are better to live than others!

However, this fine tuning of the bodys metabolism has got to be a combination of environment and genes. however, i don't think this bit of my theory stands up as well nowadays in the modern mobile world, at least not in somewhere like the USA where everyone is from such a diverse and mixed origins. Probably holds up stronger in the older countries. Or falls apart :lol:

But when all's said even though i'm a thorough bred northern european I like culinary variety and the way the food markets have diversified, particularly here in the UK, over the last few decades so I don't exactly practise my theory! it's not good for global envioronmental sustainability, but that's another story.......

WatTyler,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Nosferatu said:

I think its sad that people rely on milk when it is for calves, water is better anyday. why do you think people are lactose intolerant? BECAUSE we were never meant to drink it, hahaha. makes sense if you really think about it:p

Elluzion,
Top Bottom