Sneaky Pete MegaCube

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
Yo,

(I debated putting this in the MegaGlobe thread, but thought the cube deserved its own thread. Feel free to combine this if this is a faux-pas, it's my first post here.)

I picked up a Sneaky Pete MegaCube on a whim a couple of weeks ago and have been running it with my Arizer Solo 2. First use, I used it with the whip and got some pretty good clouds out of it, thought, yeah, this is nice and got a good buzz on.

This weekend, I got the cube out, filled it up and used the glass stem. I pre-soaked the Arizer for ten minutes, loaded the adapter and cranked the heat up. Holy balls, does this thing slap! I got cooked. One stem and I was probably a 5 or 6. I was high enough that I didn't dare deal with the cube and the glass stem and just left it alone.

My one beef with this rig, is the adapter stem I ordered along with the cube. The stem you load into the Arizer is notched along the edge of the chamber (for airflow?) and the outer edges of the glass are scored in vertical lines. Why? Isn't that going to cut the silicone ring inside the Solo? I'm pretty sure one of the little tabs at the bottom of the stem has a crack in it because of the scoring or notches cut out of it. The one reason I can think of for this is that you can pull the solo off of the stem without actually touching any hot glass when your sesh is finished, but the structural weakness this adds to the adapter feels like it's doomed to fail.

Going to try to get an intact adapter for it, but none of that has anything to do with the cube itself. 10/10.

In my enthusiasm for this new rig, I went and ordered a Dynavap on the black friday deals so I can double load this thing with the extended 10mm stem adapter that came with it. It may end me.

TheDankness,

TheDankness

Extremely Moist
oh yeah, one other note: I considered the globe, but reading one reviewer say that they felt it was a little unstable due to its shape was enough to convince me to go with the Cube. This thing is very solid on the table. I put a silicone mat underneath it and there's no way it's moving when it's full of water. It is literally impossible to tip.

Top Bottom