Sneaky Pete Globes

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The globe is bigger than a baseball, smaller than a softball. It’s best held in your hand, even with water it’s pretty light and can get easily knocked around. I really like my globe for sipping, it’s a fantastic little piece but does need some consideration for its safety.

Sean-C

The globe is bigger than a baseball, smaller than a softball. It’s best held in your hand, even with water it’s pretty light and can get easily knocked around. I really like my globe for sipping, it’s a fantastic little piece but does need some consideration for its safety.
It seems like a great handheld piece. I'd be using it at a desk so, the small footprint seems like it's an advantage in that aspect.

But the stability of it seems like something I'd worry about.

Is the Mega Globe substantially more stable?

And does anyone know if the Mega Globe still has more restricted airflow? That's one of the complaints i've seen and I much prefer open airflow. And plus, my fiance has baby lungs and if I get a piece that's a pain to hit, I'll never hear the end of it from her lolol🤣

Last edited:
Sean-C,

andrew`124c41+

I've been using the small Sneaky Pete globe with my vapes(Crafty, Fury2, VapCap) and really find it simple clean and enjoyable. So I just ordered the new big globe for my other home on the other side of the border. Since I've never owned a bong and am not that keyed in to other glass, other than glass pipes when I still smoked, I don't know if these are good water tools or how they compare to other bubblers. What do people think of these globe bubblers? Thanks.
I really like Sneaky Pete. I have communicated with him by email. He puts his imagination to use and comes up with practical things!

andrew`124c41+,
Reactions: Summer

Sean-C

I just ordered the Mega Globe!

I figured the Smoked Globe is a great desk piece but I was worried about its stability so I went with the Mega. I saw right after I placed my order, that the MK 2 came out a few weeks ago, but its currently out of stock everywhere.

I ended up ordering the Mega Globe with a pass through adapter. The 14mm/10mm pass through adapter was out of stock so I ordered the one with two 14 mm joints and I figured I could always get a 10 mm adapter for the second 14mm joint if needed. Plus, I would be using my BB9 to use the Vapcap or my 2021 M with a Fat Tip which I'm pretty sure makes it 14 mm compatible.

I really like that the Mk 2 comes with the glass plugs and the third 10 mm joint! And the new perc looks like it's awesome and looks like it might have better airflow than the original Mega Globe. I've read a lot of comments about how the bottom row in the Stereo Matrix perc on the original Mega Globe doesn't fire, and i've read a few comments about the airflow being more restricted and being harder to hit.

Would it be worth it to cancel my current Sneaky Pete order and wait for the Mega Globe Mk 2? My cart came out to barely over how much the Mk 2 comes out to, because I used a promo code. But I can't shake this feeling that I should wait for the Mk 2 since it basically has the pass through adapter built in, and it also has a new perc that looks more efficient. But on the other hand, idk how often Sneaky Pete restocks the Globes and I don't currently have a water piece at all and I really need one. I'm getting married in 2 months and i'm pinching pennies where I can so, buying a cheap piece at a local shop if i'm trying to invest $60-$80 in a Globe piece from Sneaky Petes. I read a lot of comments on reddit about the globes being tough to get at times being they aren't restocked enough to meet demand. So idk if i'd be able to get a Mk 2 very soon, and I have no idea how long the wait would be for one.

Do you guys think that it'd be worth it to cancel my current order, and deal with not having a piece for a while in order to wait for the Mk 2? How often do the globes get restocked?
Or will I be just as happy with the OG Mega Globe with the double 14 mm pass through adapter??

Sean-C,

Planck

believes in Dog
So idk if i'd be able to get a Mk 2 very soon, and I have no idea how long the wait would be for one.
Ask Sneaky he should know when new stock is expected at least.
What are you using the water piece with? There is a good chance that the vape will be more restrictive than the glass.
Same goes for the stability of the small globe, what are you putting one it. FWIW I find it stable but I don't have weighty vapes and I'm not clumsy so there's that.

Planck,
Reactions: Sean-C

Sean-C

Ask Sneaky he should know when new stock is expected at least.
What are you using the water piece with? There is a good chance that the vape will be more restrictive than the glass.
Same goes for the stability of the small globe, what are you putting one it. FWIW I find it stable but I don't have weighty vapes and I'm not clumsy so there's that.
Thanks for the reply man!!

I'd be using the water piece with a Tera V3, BB9, 2021 M, and a quartz banger. I'd be using the whip quite a bit to pass it back and forth between me and my fiance on the couch.
I'm not very clumsy but my girl has her fair share of accidents so I always keep stability and durability in mind just in case! 😁

I'll definitely ask Sneaky Pete about the stock! I didn't know that was an option to be honest! How would I go about asking him? Would I post it as a question on the Mk 2 product page? Or would I just email their customer support?

Sean-C,
Reactions: Planck

Planck

believes in Dog
Yes just email their customer support.

The small globe is very nice with vapcaps. A vapcap stem with a 14 MM glass joint is well worth getting for use with bubblers.

The whips as supplied are fairly short. I think it would be nicer to just pass a small piece around. Sneakies UFO Pipe would be worth considering too. I like it, lots of comfortable secure grips and nice vapor conditioning.

Banger should be fine too. I've never used the Tera but I expect it's fair heavy with two bats, may be an issue.

You'd probable get more replies and suggestions posting your query with your details in the ask FC thread.

Vapcaps flow less than any bubbler so I don't think that is a issue you need to consider.

Full disclosure and FWIW the large globe does not appeal to me at all. As always YMMV.
Stay away from SP Side Step adaptor, mine is literally garbage.

Hope this helps @Sean-C :cheers:

Planck,
Reactions: Sean-C

Sean-C

Yes just email their customer support.

The small globe is very nice with vapcaps. A vapcap stem with a 14 MM glass joint is well worth getting for use with bubblers.

The whips as supplied are fairly short. I think it would be nicer to just pass a small piece around. Sneakies UFO Pipe would be worth considering too. I like it, lots of comfortable secure grips and nice vapor conditioning.

Banger should be fine too. I've never used the Tera but I expect it's fair heavy with two bats, may be an issue.

You'd probable get more replies and suggestions posting your query with your details in the ask FC thread.

Vapcaps flow less than any bubbler so I don't think that is a issue you need to consider.

Full disclosure and FWIW the large globe does not appeal to me at all. As always YMMV.
Stay away from SP Side Step adaptor, mine is literally garbage.

Hope this helps @Sean-C :cheers:
This all help a ton! I appreciate the help and the info, my friend!

I just picked up a quartz banger today and a sphere carb cap and I am eagerly awaiting my water piece 😃

To be real, I was super interested in the smaller globe and especially the smoked globe too! But my fiance got in my head about the size and stability so I was worried about the durability since its smaller. I kept holding a ball around the same measurements as the Smoked Globe and it kept on feeling hella small lol. But tbh, it would fit better on my desk and it would be much more portable and easy to pass the smaller globes back and forth haha

Do you have the smaller OG Sneaky Globe? Or the Smoked Globe??

Sean-C,

Petetbay

To be real, I was super interested in the smaller globe and especially the smoked globe too! But my fiance got in my head about the size and stability so I was worried about the durability since its smaller.
I have the smaller globe and it functions ok, but is extremely unstable while sitting on the table. I rolled mine across my desktop at least a half dozen times and ended up putting it in a ash tray of the same diameter as its desktop holder. I was going to glue on a glass base, but that broke getting ready so I gave up. You could easily make a case from wood, plastic or stiff foam like the Simrell case, but really the bigger globe is more stable because of bigger base and the weight of more water. :2c:
‘If I had choice I’m get the new MkII, that one is cool with dual inlets.

Last edited:
Petetbay,

Planck

believes in Dog
Do you have the smaller OG Sneaky Globe? Or the Smoked Globe??
I have the Smoked Globe.
I have the smaller globe and it functions ok, but is extremely unstable while sitting on the table. I rolled mine across my desktop at least a half dozen times
Wow I've never had any problem with its stability. I have rolled mine across my desk exactly zero times. That said it would indeed be easy to add a base or get MFLB Orbiter for more $.

Lobby

How thin is the glass of the mega globe? Are the globes fragile? I’m not that clumsy, but I worry about breaking thin pieces.

Lobby,
Reactions: Jill NYC

LAWTHEONE

CLOUDYWITHFOG/ZEROVISIBILITY
I purchased the MK2 because of my past experiences with the mega globe and I didn’t notice any major differences other than the exhaust port built in.
Although I did purchase the Mega Cube and man is this thing a beast! This is definitely my new favorite glass piece!
:love::love::love:

I have the MK2. It is pretty stable, but the whip is short. I'm going to order a longer silicone tube for it.

blinkerfluid,

Chaote

discordian
Just ordered the mk2 for my dry herb vapes. Was wondering if there might be a way to attach my dtv5 to this thing too without a BB. (Will get one eventually but have to temper the spending for a bit)

Chaote,

Texus

I mean you've got 14mm and 10mm standard joint sizes. Maybe cheapest option is one of those rubber universal adapters that can squeeze onto a variety of mouthpieces.

Texus,

camobanana

How thin is the glass of the mega globe? Are the globes fragile? I’m not that clumsy, but I worry about breaking thin pieces.
I have the MKII. Of the 20 something chinaglass pieces I have, this is the thinnest of them all. I love using this thing with my Volcano though!

camobanana,
Just ordered the mk2 for my dry herb vapes. Was wondering if there might be a way to attach my dtv5 to this thing too without a BB. (Will get one eventually but have to temper the spending for a bit)
I hold the MK2 upside down over my terp pen. I can only imagine it'd work the same over the dtv5 wpa

blinkerfluid,

Lobby

Does using the whip increase the draw resistance? It seems that I like smaller water pieces, or it may be that my small piece has the resistance I like.

Lobby,

Texus

Does using the whip increase the draw resistance? It seems that I like smaller water pieces, or it may be that my small piece has the resistance I like.
I mean, any additional length will add draw resistance. So depends on the length you have in mind.

Texus,
Top Bottom