Sneaky Pete Globes

BestBuds

The Dude
I just had a very weird encounter with @Sneaky Pete Customer service. I was .06¢ away from free shipping (buying a mini globe and cooling mp). So I called to see if they would either give me the free shipping as a courtesy, sell me some brushes, or sell me a rubber band or a cool sticker maybe even a lint ball for $0.06. :rolleyes:

I was basically told "no" and then the guy tried to "pass my email off to someone in sales".

What's the deal with the new "to bad for you" attitude?

Most customers would just move on, very few actually say something.

DHV8654

Anyone having problems using a credit card on the SPV website? I tried several cards, none worked, instead I got the message "Risk Decline." For about a month, I was away from my apartment while repairs took place in the building and just returned, so maybe that's the reason?
Mine was declined because sneaky pete bills from canada, my bank rejects all foreign transactions unless I notify them.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
The Sneaky Pete Mini-Globe I purchased on 4/19/18 for $38.48 as my first "vaping era" bubbler served me well until a big chunk of the top joint just fell off while using it with a coil/banger a couple of months ago... I wasn't even moving it around, or anything... luckily the banger still held on cuz I didn't even notice until I went to hit it and it was all air...(note: scraped off logo...:tup:):
723B2373-E5F7-4F6C-B08E-795BB8F47CA3.jpeg
I don't feel bad about my purchase, but I probably wouldn't buy another one.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
The Sneaky Pete Mini-Globe I purchased on 4/19/18 for $38.48 as my first "vaping era" bubbler served me well until a big chunk of the top joint just fell off while using it with a coil/banger a couple of months ago... I wasn't even moving it around, or anything... luckily the banger still held on cuz I didn't even notice until I went to hit it and it was all air...(note: scraped off logo...:tup:):
View attachment 7968
View attachment 7968

Someone said they were able to remove the logo with CLR, but no confirmation on that.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Someone said they were able to remove the logo with CLR, but no confirmation on that.
Nice! Thanks, I would've tried that a few years ago before scraping it off but I didn't really care all that much... it wasn't very noticeable... and now it's a only a banger stand... until I get sick of looking at it and chuck it (smash it!)... which, after the post above, is very, very soon...

androponic

vaped.
i just bought one of the mega globes and just laid it label side down in a shallow bowl of white vinegar for a few hours and the label wiped off easily. polished it up with some light polishing paste where the label was and good to go.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I bought an orbiter when I was shopping for a globe awhile back because I was turned off by the sneaky Pete logo and lack of base, but I saw this on the simrell Instagram today-
https://simrellcollection.com/product/smoked-globe-kit/

smoked, no logo, no cage. Very cool look.

The site says: "The included whip features a Smoked 14mm male joint on one end, and a Smoked glass tip on the other"

So...the first aforementioned male tip is not glass?!?
I'm assuming it is, but the above quote is worded like shit. lol

Planck

believes in Dog
Sneaky Pete small globe owners, how does your perc fire?
Is it even or do only a few slots fire?

Planck,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Sneaky Pete small globe owners, how does your perc fire?
Is it even or do only a few slots fire?

I only have the Mega, but shelved it, to much air for me to draw. But others here pointed me to the Magic Flight “Orbiter”. At first I was turned off by the wood base and metal clip holders, but bought one anyway, odd it was cheaper to buy the base and globe separate. Not sure they still make or stock them. But point is the wood & metal holder is so COOL and functional, one of my better inexpensive glass rigs, though more then the SP version, but with the same dual 14mm female joints, go with a whip, or glass MP... etc. oh and BTW... mine at least fires all the perks.

Planck

believes in Dog
@BestBuds thanks man.

@RustyOldNail thanks. I love the Orbiter, very elegant design well executed. Also more then twice as much as Pete's to buy here.

My small survey of two orbiters and two SP small globes. Neither of the small globes fire the whole perc and both the Orbiters fire the entire perc. The slots in the Orbiter's perc are larger wider and deeper than the small globe perc. However...

The problem as I see it is the perc in the small globe is not 90 degrees to the down stem. If I tilt mine so that the down stem point to 11:00 o'clock the whole perc fires.

This seems like a manufacturing defect/problem to me.
What say you?

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
I get my Mega Globe later today and I cannot wait to fire it up with my E Elev8r. Should be the perfect complement to my desktop vaping area.

And I’m getting the XL cooling mouthpiece to go with it. No more whips for me.

Now where the heck is that UPS truck?

davesmith

Glass Blower
Or if you prefer no logo vapefiend has similar globes from the same Chinese factory. I personally prefer my import glass unbranded.

Danny1987

I got the new mega globe last week and love it, does a great job of cooling down the vapor. Can you post vid's on here?

Danny1987,
Reactions: calimac

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
@BestBuds thanks man.

@RustyOldNail thanks. I love the Orbiter, very elegant design well executed. Also more then twice as much as Pete's to buy here.

My small survey of two orbiters and two SP small globes. Neither of the small globes fire the whole perc and both the Orbiters fire the entire perc. The slots in the Orbiter's perc are larger wider and deeper than the small globe perc. However...

The problem as I see it is the perc in the small globe is not 90 degrees to the down stem. If I tilt mine so that the down stem point to 11:00 o'clock the whole perc fires.

This seems like a manufacturing defect/problem to me.
What say you?

Just to clarify the circle created by aligning the topmost point of the slits must be both perfectly circular, AND perfectly level. But that level is 90° tangential to the gravitational constant, not to anything in the rig itself. If both of those conditions are met it should fire equally from all slits, if either is out even slightly air will always seek the shortest path. Nothing I’ve seen from my globe would cause me to believe there is a manufacturing issue.

Timps27,

Texus

I just got the Mega Globe MK2 today and if anyone is wondering the logo is not etched, it is white paint and is easily removed with a few hour soak in white vinegar just like the previous models. just some info for us logo free lovers.
Awesome. How are you liking the airflow of the new perc? That's the big question for me at this point.

Texus,

stinkytofus

i got the mega globe... my go to glass piece, easy to use, easy to clean, and looks great when you filling it up with clouds

stinkytofus,
Reactions: Timps27

Sean-C

How small is the Smoked Globe in real life? It's hard to find the dimensions of it and I can't get an idea of how big it is in comparison to a tennis ball or something like that lol

I'm super interested in both the Smoked Globe kit and the Mega Globe. Its a bummer that the Mega Globe doesn't come with a pass through adapter like the SGK but, at least it still comes with a mouthpiece (non-dimpled) and a whip.

The Smoked Globe looks like it'll fit on my desk better since I don't have a ton of desk space where the Globe would sit. But the Smoked Globe seems like it wouldn't be as stable as the Mega Globe. I've read a few posts of people saying that using the whip with the Smoked Globe can tip it over or something like that.

But on the other hand, i've read some negative stuff about the draw resistance with the Mega Globe, and that's a big downside to me.

Do the new Mega Globes hit better ??

And what do you guys think??

Sean-C,
Top Bottom