Gear Slug .33 Rosin Forge

btka

I say do it! Be the first to show us how its done! Thats one of the fun things about your SLUG.33, experimentation! You cant hurt it, have fun, It doesn't matter how we heat it.
does an 20mm e coil wrap around the slug without modification (what is the diameter of the slug .33?)... I am not really a diy guy... I imagined a slug like this https://1ikehw1twddx1nfo883n2mn5-wp...content/uploads/2016/11/enail-head-handle.jpg (imagine the slug fits like the showerhead in the coil... )

yeah was only an idea...

Last edited:
btka,
Reactions: steama

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
With the returns from simple torch heating I'd just go for the original slug options, must say the electric .33 coming soon versions does sound intriguing?

Any more info on that @Nattybushdoctor
Up next will be our 1/2 oz unit, it will be fully electric, with reloadable tubes for continued use. It will also be Aluminum and stainless. FUN!

tfrank

Ive seen some alibaba manufactures offering custom coils for not to bad of a price. Thinking about doing some measuring and ordering one to fit the slug perfectly. That is if the torch run just aren't quite doing it, or if i think i could get better or easier results with the coil. Cant wait to try out my slug anyways just hope it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to dial in.:D

tfrank

1/2 oz electric slug?????????? All it needs is a small shop press????????? keep it under 300 and we could be talking a nice upgrade! (I say 300 because the more you go over that you start getting to the prices of other rosin presses)

anasrzi

1/2 oz electric slug?????????? All it needs is a small shop press????????? keep it under 300 and we could be talking a nice upgrade! (I say 300 because the more you go over that you start getting to the prices of other rosin presses)

Couldn't agree more especially with international shipping, i do like the slug 0.33 and a electric version, with dialed in temps and refillable for constant presses time and again.

With a 1/2 oz one in progress i wonder if there is work going on for a 1 oz or 2 oz version?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
Couldn't agree more especially with international shipping, i do like the slug 0.33 and a electric version, with dialed in temps and refillable for constant presses time and again.

With a 1/2 oz one in progress i wonder if there is work going on for a 1 oz or 2 oz version?
There is already a five ounce version on the site (you should watch the video, pretty epic).

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
This makes a great deal of sense. I started out with the .33 and found the deuce is the smallest size I want to work with, no more than two batches is perfect. The only problem is the deuce is it takes a bit of time to completely cool. I tried water quenching but that was messy and required more water than I thought/wanted. Hmmm, maybe another deuce?

:nod:
Theres nothing wrong with that! The Fat Mac Can now be used with the Wilton vise, we have made a 5/8 inch pressing plate for it for vertical extractions! Should be on the website soon.

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
This makes a great deal of sense. I started out with the .33 and found the deuce is the smallest size I want to work with, no more than two batches is perfect. The only problem is the deuce is it takes a bit of time to completely cool. I tried water quenching but that was messy and required more water than I thought/wanted. Hmmm, maybe another deuce?

:nod:

You'd be... double-deucing.

:rofl:

:spliff:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Just popped into this thread the other day after reading @steama mention it. I had always assumed any decent sort of rosin press would be $500 and up.

But it looks like I could get going for right around $125 since I already own a torch. There is a WEN tilting vise on Home Depot and Amazon for $54 that looks like it would be perfect.

Just get the Slug33 and this tilting vise:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-434TV-4-...bp_QL65&keywords=wen+drill+press+vise+tilting

wen-vises-434tv-64_1000.jpg

Love the idea of pressing my own rosin. And the 1 g size would be perfect for myself and maybe one other.

Watched quite a few videos and I love the simplicity of it. Looks like consistent results won't be that difficult once you get things dialed in. Great product, @Nattybushdoctor , have a feeling one is in my future.

Ibn Vapin

DIY Noob
I love mine, @Roth

Results are pretty consistent as long as you do the same thing! If you get mixed results and you're using the same stuff, write down what you do each time until you find the one that gives you the best return, then just repeat that over again :)

Nattybushdoctor

Manufacturer
Just popped into this thread the other day after reading @steama mention it. I had always assumed any decent sort of rosin press would be $500 and up.

But it looks like I could get going for right around $125 since I already own a torch. There is a WEN tilting vise on Home Depot and Amazon for $54 that looks like it would be perfect.

Just get the Slug33 and this tilting vise:

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-434TV-4-...bp_QL65&keywords=wen+drill+press+vise+tilting

wen-vises-434tv-64_1000.jpg

Love the idea of pressing my own rosin. And the 1 g size would be perfect for myself and maybe one other.

Watched quite a few videos and I love the simplicity of it. Looks like consistent results won't be that difficult once you get things dialed in. Great product, @Nattybushdoctor , have a feeling one is in my future.
Just make sure you get the 4.5 version of this vise. I think the one your referring to is the 3.5. Good find. Thanks for posting.

Top Bottom