Simrell Collection

AcidFlashbang

Cool. Got an email in to see if I can order some of the inner coolers.

Is the inside diameter of a Vortex the same as a DynaVap condenser's ID?
Well the vortex condenser has two different widths, with both being wider than the dynavap condensers. It's wider at the mouthpiece end of the stem, and about halfway down it gets to a smaller diameter to match the diameter of the intercooler. I might have this backwards with regards to which side is wider; I'm not looking at my vortex right now.

AcidFlashbang,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I have also been looking at the Andy Capp Ti stems, although those require a condenser. I hate those damn condenser o-rings. Those little bastards move all over the place when to try to insert the condenser.

Have you considered an Omni? They have condensers too, but their o rings are fixed.

Also lubing the o rings with a bit of lip balm or the like helps a lot.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Or you can rotate the orings around the corner of your nose; it's an old fisherman's trick.

Thanks, but I hate using those damn orings. I tried adjusting them one time with my teeth. I accidently swallowed one, and then had to spend a lot of time in the bathroom until I was able to get it back.

I did use some iso on it afterwards though.

hinglemccringleberry

I don't like the DV O-rings because the one at the mouthpiece collects mouth crust buildup and it just looks nasty. And it's a hassle to clean off. With the Simrell Ti stem any mouth gunk that gets on the end of the stem can be cleaned off with like 1 drop of water and your t-shirt.

hinglemccringleberry,

AcidFlashbang

I don't like the DV O-rings because the one at the mouthpiece collects mouth crust buildup and it just looks nasty. And it's a hassle to clean off. With the Simrell Ti stem any mouth gunk that gets on the end of the stem can be cleaned off with like 1 drop of water and your t-shirt.
Same for the omni, which I prefer to the vortex because I can just heat it then hit it while gaming without fucking with the carb. That mouth piece o-ring (technically x-ring) gets dirty sooo quick on my Nonavong-S.

Last edited:
AcidFlashbang,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Got the reply on the request for inner coolers... only with stems at this time.

x-ring + dynawax = less mouth grungies

Thanks, but I hate using those damn orings. I tried adjusting them one time with my teeth. I accidently swallowed one, and then had to spend a lot of time in the bathroom until I was able to get it back.

I mighta placed an order instead :2c: I knew there was a good reason to have a few spares. And I only use them as props :p

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder

Oh, interesting. I see.... :nod:

....wait, what? :o

So. Many. Questions.
How did it get from teeth to swallowed? :freak:
Was it your last o-ring?
Why bother “getting it back”? Wouldn’t it have been much easier to just cut your losses and assume nature would take its course? Or is that what you... wait never-mind, maybe a little TMI.:rofl:

I am glad (happy/delighted/thankful) you used ISO before reusing. Good call! :tup:

(Apparently your post has inspired several emojis from me!)

AcidFlashbang

Got the reply on the request for inner coolers... only with stems at this time.

It shouldn't be that hard to create a jig to fabricate them. All they are is a shaped sheet of Ti that has part of it rotated. Having access to a plasma cutter would probably be necessary to cut the shapes quickly though.

Edit: laser -> plasma although for a sheet that thin, a laser cutter probably would work

Last edited:
AcidFlashbang,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Laser would definitely work. In order to put a nice straight twist in a piece like that, it needs to be under tension. I don't quite have the tools needed to maintain a good cylindrical profile. It's worth the $20 once they are available again. Shipping out of Canada - not so much. I know how you feel now @Planck :disgust: Tough decisions.

TommyDee,
Reactions: Planck

BabyFacedFinster

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Is Austyn Simrell a member here, wanted to PM, don’t know his user name if he is a member. Thanks.

RustyOldNail,

BabyFacedFinster

Anyone here know of a vortex 420 sale, aside from Simrell, for the budget minded? :2c:

Right? I was thinking about it also but the price is steep even with the $14 off right now. I might just stick with glass stems.

Who else makes Ti stems that don't need a condenser?

BabyFacedFinster,
Reactions: stark1

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Anyone here know of a vortex 420 sale, aside from Simrell, for the budget minded? :2c:

only other retailer I’ve seen so far with a sale is SneakyPete/vapenorth
Not sure if it works out cheaper than buying direct.

I’ve been loving my vortex I got last sale, so I pulled the trigger on a shorty “shortex” with tip and cap

I’ve recently bought two logs, two stickybricks, a supreme enail setup and some others but I keep coming back to a SimRell vortex with induction heater, sometimes with a water piece for extra cooling.

Fogoff

I’ve recently bought two logs, two stickybricks, a supreme enail setup and some others but I keep coming back to a SimRell vortex with induction heater, sometimes with a water piece for extra cooling.
Out of curiosity why are you getting 2 of each device u buy ?

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Out of curiosity why are you getting 2 of each device u buy ?

because VAS is a Mother!! LOL
It just sort of worked out that way. Stick bricks are one of my favourites and was buying a new OG then jumped on a random IG sale of some limited SBjrs being offered.
The logs I bought one to try out to see if I liked then decided to buy another fancier Ed’s tnt model

and with vapcaps I just can’t have enough right now.

I haven’t worked in over six years so I have a lot of time on my hands. It’s too easy to buy stuff online these days haha.

crudo

who of you bought all their stashes? yesterday i decided to pull the trigger next morning. so i woke up happy and wanted to purchase. OUT OF STOCK. AAARGGHH

crudo,
Top Bottom