Should I buy my friend's VapirNO2 or wait for the Pax Ploom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend is offering to sell his used vapirNO2 for 75 dollars.

i am mostly interested in buying a stealthy and portable vape for college next year

is this a good deal?

i was looking at the Pax Ploom coming out and that looks way better, but its kind of expensive. would the vapir or the pax ploom be a better investment?

ilikevapor,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Yeah but a mflb or a davinci isn't going to rip like a no2, if you like clouds buy the no2. Not a bad price either. Depending on how old it is anyway, the battery starts to go bad after 6 months of use if you use it as a portable. Brand new I started out with being able to get 3 1/2 bowls before I ran out of battery, now it's getting hard to do 1 1/2. Also, as stated it's not the best vape for stealth- unless you put it a giant mcdonalds cup or something.

If you're gonna invest 250 bucks into a vape consider Thermovape T1 too, keep in mind since the Pax's battery is permanent you'll be unable to buy a replacement when it starts to die, which will be quickly if you intend on using it for regular use. The thermovape will have a nearly indefinite life due to the ability to replace every part. If you're looking for a vape to pass down to your children, this is it. It's also basically the stealthiest vape you can get, looking like an e-cigarette instead of an iPod that you suck on. Plus you get to buy other attachments or make it multipurpose unit with that extra 50 bucks you save...

Another problem is that the pax, Imo, seems to be a little underpowered for a home unit. The no2 however is perfect for this task, and hits like a bong when you hook it up to glass. The t1 is better used as a portable, but since it has so much power it's basically a home vape if you buy the power adapter.

The 3 no2s I've encountered (including mine) never had a plasticky smell or taste.

Norlin,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The pax is looking damn well good, I would wait for it...I think it might the the stealthiest vape yet
But 75$ is much less than 250$.
If you are a new vaporist and don't really care for stealthiness - then go N02.

m0sh,

quentin123

I've never hit a No2 but I've heard a fair few people complaining about plasticky taste and smell which really doesn't appeal. I suppose if its your friends you've probably tried it already and you can decide how much you like it.The pax does look very slick but I do find it quite pricey for what it is, if it works well could be worth it though.
Have you considered getting a solo if you need a portable? They can be picked up quite cheap in the US and is pretty good bang for your buck for a portable vaporizer.

quentin123,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I really didn't like my NO2 and i love my Solo, but that's just my opinion.

I gave it to a friend after a handful of uses ... He likes it as he is just an occasional smoker for whom I suppose it is ok.

JCat,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
I think you need to tell us more about what you're looking for.

I imagine this will be your only device, no? I could be wrong, but the videos I've seen suggest you can't vape while charging. The mouthpiece gets retracted and faces down on the charger. You wanna wait an hour for it to charge? The temperature settings aren't far enough apart to do much difference imo. At 370 for it's lowest setting, it makes it hard to get that thc dominant sativa-high that I can achieve in my no2, 380 is what I set it at to get ready for bed indica feel. It's the conduction heating, every conduction vape I've owned has a nasty taste. Quite honestly I think they're asking it too much for such a design.

I've never had a single bad experience with my no2, just to "give it some cred". I'm a really heavy user and mine has had 10-15+ bowls a day through it since august of 2011. I've tried 3 no2s in my life, and none were plasticky at all. I consider it the tastiest vape I own, especially through glass. Take the vapir for a test drive and see whatcha think.

Again, if you're gonna invest that much money into a vape I SERIOUSLY suggest you look into more than just Ploom as they new to the herbal vaporizer industry. If I haven't made it clear enough already, replaceable batteries are a trait that's very important to have if you're looking for a long working life.

Norlin,

max

Out to lunch
I would buy neither. IMO there are better options than either of these models. As for Vapir vs. Pax, $75 is a lot more affordable, and at least it's a proven product. Ploom has never been impressive to me on the e-cig front, and I certainly wouldn't jump on the Pax at the price they're asking.

If I haven't made it clear enough already, replaceable batteries are a trait that's very important to have if you're looking for a long working life.
Lithium batteries, in many cases, can last a long time. My phone battery is still going strong after several years, and it stays on 24/7. And they're replaceable as well, either DIY or returning the unit to the manuf. I've gone through quite a few NiMH batteries, even with a MAHA 9000 charger. Expense wise, it adds up over time.

max,
Reactions: Norlin

weedemon

enthusiast
its been estimated that even if you charged the pax every day. the battery should still last you about 5 years. and it's covered as part of their 10 year warranty if i understand correctly.

Personally I think I will end up buying a pax shortly as well

weedemon,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Yeah, but they also claim two hours of continuous use over a week which doesn't add up right for a person who uses herb, perhaps tobacco.
and no, it's not covered. Look again. Batteries are not covered under warranty. It's considered normal wear and tear.

Norlin,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
if price isnt an issue for you then i would get the pax, if price is an issue i still wouldnt go with the no2. its really not portable and being a uni student just wouldnt be stealthy epically if u decided to use it on campus, i would get the mflb for price and how easy it is to conceal. if price isnt to much of an issue i would check out thermovape and pax as those two are some of the more commonly liked vaporizers out or going to be out.

monacokid,
ok well price is kinda an issue. and i want something i can hit in the dormwithout smelling. the thermovape and pax seem nice, but this will be my first vape since my dad threw away my mflb. idk about the pax since its nt out, but the tv looks alright. the vapirno2 os probably poorer quality but for 75 for a used one isnt it a steal kinda

ilikevapor,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
Thermovapes are def the least smelliest vapes out there. I wouldn't call the no2 low quality by any means. I'd pick the no2 up and keep it as a daily driver if you don't hate it, especially for that price.

Thermovape is a commonly liked vaporizer, I would say pax is too early to be a "commonly liked vaporizer". It's almost insulting to compare thermovape to pax. Thermovape is very high quality, made in the us and the customer service is second to none. Pax is manufactured in china for very little production cost and sold for twice it's worth.

Norlin,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
i wouldnt say its insulting at all, 250 is a fair price among other competitors first of all. second of all from the reviews from slightly medicated insist and prove that the pax is definitely a vaporizer of quality and produces nice clouds. its reliability is unknown yet, as it would be bias to say its build is robust based on only on a couple peoples opinions who actually have it, once it gets into the consumers hands then we will know

monacokid,

Norlin

Classic Rocker
I agree we need to wait before we really know quality.

Many other people have agreed that 250 is way too high for such a device, fair price would not the word I would use. Just not enough bang for you buck.

Norlin,

monacokid

HIGH ABV
psht well most people are to cheap imo. the davinci is 250, solo 229, thermo vape t1 200, revolution 150, wisper 229. vapir n02 180. costs of all the vapes new. so 250 is a fair enough price and competitive for the market. if you disagree then im not sure maybe u should go ask all the other companies to lower there prices first... sense these products have been out for a while now

monacokid,

weedemon

enthusiast
i'd happily pay 200-250 for a pax. based on what ive seen so far. hope to find a deal at some point :p

weedemon,
i might just buy the vapirno2. i dont think im ready to drop 200+ dollars on a vape YET....

and 75 for a no2 seems like a good bargain does it not? ive looked up some reviews and it doesnt seem as bad as it seems.

sure the thermovape looks awesome as well but for 75 dollars it seems like i cant refuse..

ilikevapor,

weedemon

enthusiast
yeah it's a great entry level vape :) herd good things for the most part :) never tired it myself though

weedemon,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
its been estimated that even if you charged the pax every day. the battery should still last you about 5 years. and it's covered as part of their 10 year warranty if i understand correctly.

Personally I think I will end up buying a pax shortly as well

The lifespan of a lithium ion battery is measured in discharge cycles. The typical estimate from manufacturers is 300-500 cycles, but that's conservative. It's also hard to measure because the cycles are cumulative. If you deplete it 50%, you've used half a cycle. Charge it back up and use 25%, now you've used 75% of a cycle. Typical use for a li-ion is a partial discharge followed by a charge cycle.

Completely discharging a li-ion battery reduces the lifespan quickly. Heat reduces the lifespan as well, so a vaporizer's battery won't match the lifespan of a phone's, even if the cycles have been exactly the same. Finally, all li-ion batteries are deteriorating slowly from the minute they are created. This is reflected in lower capacity, which is why older li-ion batteries don't last as long as they originally did. The rule of thumb is that li-ion batteries lose about 20% of their capacity every year.

I guess my point is that five years is a really optimistic estimate for the life of that battery. As for the warranty, it specifically excludes degradation of the battery.

pakalolo,
closed, please stop posting now ive decided to buy the vapirno2.

+ my friend is including a smoke buddy with it, so it's gonna be smell-free. i cant wait for college!

ilikevapor,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom