• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

She does not like me getting high

Mr. Whitewall

Technically, Stephen Hawking wasn't paralyzed

Who cares how? :shrug:

I wasn't trying to go into semantics, or biographic details for an already page long post about another subject.
...But now that you mention it, adds more to my point?
And sorry to contradict, but he was very paralysed in a very visible manner, no technicalities possible: Illness or not, he was strapped to a chair... THAT is what is I was trying to say. BUT that is just an EXAMPLE to what I was arguing.

If you will, I was actually arguing more the end result than the cause of his condition, whatever it may be, or the most apparent result of (or a "fucked enough" result) if you're tying to be nitpicky, but that is beside my point once again and adds nothing to the OPs initial post?

gaseous_clay

Naa. No offense or picking nits here. His is actually a more impressive story than if he had just simply been paralyzed. As his body was shutting down & he was losing the ability to move properly his parents wouldn't help him. They told him not to feel sorry for himself. They kept his room on the second floor even when it meant his having to pull himself up using the banister one step at a time... using only one arm that didn't work too good.

He kept that attitude even when unable to speak without computer assistance.

gaseous_clay,

little maggie

Naa. No offense or picking nits here. His is actually a more impressive story than if he had just simply been paralyzed. As his body was shutting down & he was losing the ability to move properly his parents wouldn't help him. They told him not to feel sorry for himself. They kept his room on the second floor even when it meant his having to pull himself up using the banister one step at a time... using only one arm that didn't work too good.

He kept that attitude even when unable to speak without computer assistance.
This is not related to the thread but I'd love to read more about him- what would you recommend?

little maggie,
Top Bottom