Second Vaporiser

aaront

Hi Guys,

I've been using a Dynavap M as my vape for years. I've had to replace the screens a couple of times but it has been fantastic. I also take edibles. I probably do 50% edibles and 50% vaping.

I need a second vape and I am not sure in relation to picking between the Mighty and the Airzer XQ2. I'm leaning towards the XQ2.

I'll only use this at home so a desktop is fine.

Thoughts ?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hello and welcome to FC! I'd recommend looking out at other threads that ask similar questions, and I would highly recommend a log vape as your desktop instead of those, S&B and Arizer are very mainstream but not very innovative vaporizer companies

zeusjames

I have the desktop Arizer XQ2 and the portable Roffu. I have a dedicated chair and table for the desktop but it just sits there unused. I prefer the convenience of the portable. I usually use the portable while sitting in my TV chair which is more comfortable but I can also take it with me downstairs if I choose. I also find the Roffu to be more efficient and it doesn't require long tubes. I have to set the desktop to a higher temp to get the same high and it takes longer to heat up. Also with the larger chamber I end up using more weed. If I spent some time with the Arizer XQ2 I could probably get it working to my liking. But why? It is still not portable and the portable does everything I want and is more efficient and more responsive. It has interchangeable chambers and/or dosing capsules which more than makes up for the larger chamber on the desktop. I now have two Roffus and about a dozen prefilled chambers and dosing capsules with about six different strains available to me as I sit in my chair. So for me my second vaporizer is a duplicate (different color) of my first and my third sits unused. If I were to get another one it would be a portable, hopefully I can resist.

Edited to add I have a bunch of spare 18650 batteries so I am always good to go. I don't think I would consider a second vaporizer unless it had replaceable batteries.

Last edited:

aaront

I would highly recommend a log vape as your desktop instead of those, S&B and Arizer are very mainstream but not very innovative vaporizer companies

Thanks - what do you mean by a log vape. Are you talking about the E-Nano. I'm concerned it won't take enough pot to get me high.

I have read through a bunch of threads. You have a lot of vapes listed down as what you use.

aaront,

aaront

I have a dedicated chair and table for the desktop but it just sits there unused. I prefer the convenience of the portable.

Thank You. This actually makes sense. My mate has a mighty and a XQ2 but he hasn't even used the XQ2. The Mighty worked great when I tried it. There is something putting me off buying the Mighty though.

aaront,

jkeyes98

Thanks - what do you mean by a log vape. Are you talking about the E-Nano. I'm concerned it won't take enough pot to get me high.

I have read through a bunch of threads. You have a lot of vapes listed down as what you use.
If you want to make sure you get high enough you could get a ballvape, there are a few options at different price points. Cheapest being the Tiodw from b2cvape, you can get a complete setup for $140 and can add more things like a ti bowl and fancy stand if you want. With a ballvape you will need to get your own piece of glass to use it through, there are some fantastic pieces for a good price on DH, if you need help check out the Cheap high quality bubbler post on here!

Edit: also I had an xq2 and it was just alright and took awhile to get high. got rid of it after getting a ballvape.

aaront

If you want to make sure you get high enough you could get a ballvape, there are a few options at different price points. Cheapest being the Tiodw from b2cvape, you can get a complete setup for $140 and can add more things like a ti bowl and fancy stand if you want. With a ballvape you will need to get your own piece of glass to use it through, there are some fantastic pieces for a good price on DH, if you need help check out the Cheap high quality bubbler post on here!

Thanks. I'll check this out as well.

It's not easy picking a vape. I love my dynavap. It's been unreal. I hope I get the next purchase right.

aaront,

Shit Snacks

I actually don't like the nano as much as the heat islands and underdogs, there are other options, yeah and with balls, there are other vapes that you can load more but you don't need to load more I thought you would want a microdoser since you are using a vap cap which to me is a super microdoser haha mighty and EQ are inefficient really imo so using more bud is not necessarily better, a log is a really great option for second vape

Vaporware

If you’re sure you need a large bowl, you want a slower session style device with a hybrid (convection and conduction) heater, you don’t care about getting the best flavor and you’re more interested in a large scale mass produced product with a more standard large company behind it, the Mighty might be great for you. A lot of people are very happy with it.

If you want something else, here are my favorites:

Portable: Nomad or Toad (their convection heaters are the name and other internals are basically the same), and my second favorite is the Firewood 7 (hybrid heater).

Since you want something now and probably new though, I would look at the Firewood 9 and TinyMight 2, or if you want a slower session that just keeps running until you stop it, there are other options.

Desktop: The Phase 3 Z8 (the ZX is almost the same, is cheaper and available now.

If you really want something to smack you in the head, some portables can do it but the high powered desktops are the easiest to get super fast extraction with.

There are also a ton of other good options if you want to look into them, but those are some of the best options out there I think, and they’re simple to use and easy to maintain.

The Firewoods take a little more work, the Mighty I hear is more of a pain, but almost anything where the load is in a stem just requires stem cleaning, and desktops with bowls like the Z8/ZX, FlowerPot, and the dozen other similar things out there now also just need bowl cleaning under normal circumstances.

I hope that helps. If you really want a Mighty go for it, but if you buy anything I mentioned I think you’ll be happier unless you just want that exact Mighty experience. :2c:

Edit: The logs people are talking about are all good options too, but if you do have a high tolerance some of them might not hold as much as you want.

I think you might be surprised how little you need at once if it gets extracted fast enough though!

Shit Snacks

Portable: Nomad or Toad (their convection heaters are the name and other internals are basically the same), and my second favorite is the Firewood 7 (hybrid heater).

Haha I doubt this person wants to wait for these! Also just since you mentioned the ZX being cheaper I must mention the zeal being the cheapest if someone wants a baller...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would also recommend a log vape. Most of mine can hold much more than a vapcap and work far more efficiently.

If you want a heavy hitting log, have a look at the CouchLog or the GTR. The CouchLog has been my favorite since I got it over a year ago. I have heard great things about the GTR.

I have many of the vapes mentioned as possible desktops. Getting into coil ballers is another thing altogether but is extremely fun. You get to select a PID, coil, and head. Also you start to acquire some great class. The ZX is great although I actually prefer my SX right now. The zirconia Zeal is my favorite coil-driven device right now.

Other logs are great, although I have not tried the enano. My favorite sipper log like that is my Heat Island.

Anyway, I encourage you to have a look around the site and see what's out there. I think the two vapes you mentioned are popular but you may want something more.

Have fun!

Vaporware

Haha I doubt this person wants to wait for these! Also just since you mentioned the ZX being cheaper I must mention the zeal being the cheapest if someone wants a baller...

That’s what I figured, so I mentioned my favorites but then gave alternatives that are available right now in the next paragraph. :lol:

Since you want something now and probably new though, I would look at the Firewood 9 and TinyMight 2, or if you want a slower session that just keeps running until you stop it, there are other options.

aaront

There is some great advice here. Thank you everyone. I'll keep checking in as well so the more advice the better.

Just to add I'm in Australia and there is a limited supply. I could probably order overseas and I did this with my dynavap but the second point is I don't want to spend ridiculous money which to me is one of those flowerpots or Volcano hybrid for instance.

I'm prepared to spend a reasonable amount which to me is about the cost of a Mighty.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Just to add I'm in Australia
@LesPlenty what do you think?
Being an Aussie, until the Roffu is available here officially (sometime in the near future) I would recommend the Xmax V3 Pro as the latest version runs a little hotter than the OG,
They have a 15% sign up discount if that also helps.
Edit to add officially.:tup:

Last edited:

Lighthanded

Being an Aussie, until the Roffu is available here (sometime in the future) I would recommend the Xmax V3 Pro as the latest version runs a little hotter than the OG,
They have a 15% sign up discount if that also helps.
The Roffu is available in Aus from more than one retailer - And at a very reasonable price. HTV stocks it and is the cheapest and also stock all the available accessories, Instavape also stocked it too and a couple small vape shops in sydney and melbourne stock it on occasion before it sells out. In any case i can agree as an owner of them, that both the V3 pro and Roffu are good recommendations for OP i feel.

However OP already has a dynavap, and was deciding between the mighty and XQ2 but got log vape recommendations?. OP also didnt quite explain what was wanted from said vape other than desktop and good price/value. Of the 2, mighty hands down. more versatile and portable too. not to mention its a no brainer to use and a great session vape almost the polar opposite of the dynavap. Mighty is pricy so if money is tight look at the xmax v3 pro and the roffu.

Are you looking for something you can sit on the couch and enjoy while watching tv/movies/ gaming? or something you can smash and get back into life while medicated? do you want a slow sipper or a fast ripper? I think a little more info would help weed out bad suggestions and wasted time researching. How much are you looking to spend/invest in this all up? dont forget attachments and potential consumables/replacement parts

aaront

Are you looking for something you can sit on the couch and enjoy while watching tv/movies/ gaming? or something you can smash and get back into life while medicated? do you want a slow sipper or a fast ripper? I think a little more info would help weed out bad suggestions and wasted time researching. How much are you looking to spend/invest in this all up? dont forget attachments and potential consumables/replacement parts

Thank you for the response.

I'm looking for something to smash and get back to life. I have a wife and 3 kids who know I vape but I don't want to put it too much into the family environment. So a fast ripper.

When it comes to purchasing a max price of 500 AUD which is currently 330 USD.

I don't care if it is a desktop or not but I do want something that produces better quality vapor or bigger hits than the dynavap. I like the dynavap a lot. It's been great.

Lighthanded

Ok thats better, now we can get some more appropriate recommendations coming in.

Would it be problematic to have to use a water piece? I ask because an entry ball vape would work very well if you have a place to store it safely. Old Head - Freight Train kits start at ~$475aud, Flowerpot setups are a little more than that and are stocked by a few places here, and Qaroma has Ceroma setups for around the same price as the Freight Train at a couple shops locally.

Ball vapes will be the fastest/hardest rippers/best extraction AND easiest to maintain and clean. Its really only the rig and bowl that need it. However having somewhere to station it or store it is another thing. -And at least a 2-3minute warm up/heat soak before hitting it. Ball Vapes will deliver the biggest hits possible. They will also give you the best quality vapor. They will also allow you to potentially blow through your stash and throw your tolerance out regularly. Good thing you have the dynavap to help regulate and negate that somewhat.

Tinymight 2 is at the top end of your price range too and would suit your needs. Probably more so than a ball vape as its more stealthy for around the family and bonus is its portable (keeping in mind its like an artisan style vape and should be cared for and not thrown and thrashed...). If the price is a problem go back to the v3 pro and roffu, They can extract really well in comparison to the Tinymight2 or ball vapes just no where near as tasty, fast, or hard hitting.

Also Ball vape / Tinymight 2 can have you where you want to be comfortably in a minute or even less if setup, it will take at least 3-5minutes id say to get near that level with the v3pro or roffu or even a mighty for that matter.

(Edit - spelling, grammar etc)

Last edited:

howie105

The Elev8r torch vape may be worth consideration. Once you dial it in it is fairly quick, produces big hits and is tasty. In the same vein the wooden Flip Brick is another torch vape I can vouch for, however I prefer glass to wood.

howie105,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I’ve got lots of years heating herbs and lots of vapes…

Just got my first log vape last week and I haven’t been able to put it down.

One bowl not enough? Pack a second.

Really loving my Ed’s TNT woodscents
I love my Woodscents but it is the strangest log in my collection. I always hesitate to recommend it because the draw is so restrictive. And using it with most DV tips is fiddly. The new chamber is great and really polishes the experience. But it is different enough from a regular log I almost think it is its own thing. 🙂

nicknobody

@Grass Yes

Good info. I don’t find the very obvious restriction an issue. Just different. Im learning how to get any rip I want from it. I went with Ed’s simply because he is awesome. It’s not just a company to order products from. I love that I feel like I know him because I’ve seen several interviews (a face to the company) and his obvious passion for the community. He’s the kind of guy who answers the phone when you call on a Sunday with a question…

I’d love to huff in an underdog “standard” type log vape but unfortunately my next one will probably also be a little untraditional too. Couch log looks awesome.

Top Bottom