Screwball Mascot Naming Contest

whateverman

The second I saw the mascot I knew - This is Bud!

Why Bud?
1. Bud is Short and Easy to remember!
2. Cambridge University defines Bud as "a small part of a plant, that develops into a flower or leaf". That can mean that Bud will help you develop!
3. Approachable - "Bud" has a friendly and approachable vibe, which can make it more relatable to a wide range of people.
4. "Bud" is a classic and endearing name. While not directly related to medicinal cannabis, the name "Bud" still carries positive connotations associated with nature.

Good luck with the mascot! I hope Bud will make a lot of people happy! :)

whateverman,
Reactions: Vitolo

MoltenTiger

IMG_9881.jpg

Ruboy

IMG_0376.jpg

& Screwboy

Or Rube and Screwb if you will, play ball!

Interesting ideas for instructions and merch - fun and creative for sure
Reminds me of art by Blaze from Blazed Australia

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
What about "Frosty"... one of the things I have loved the most about the screwball in the ability to use really low temperatures in comparison to most of the devices I have. It made the screwball the choice of device for me when recovering from surgery purely because I had ZERO risk of combustion and the vapour is tasty and cool and that comes from the gem cut rubies...

So what about "Rudy Frost", "Rudy Chill", "Frosty", "Rimy", "Crispy", "Crystal Frost", "Vapor Gleam", "Vapoura", "Rudy Breeze"

VapingYogi,

chlorophyll_man

AVB Inspector
There are a few duplicates here but I'm sure the contest judges will be able to see who posted those names first, not to worry.

chlorophyll_man,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
There are a few duplicates here but I'm sure the contest judges will be able to see who posted those names first, not to worry.

Exactly, if run properly, they will view any dupes and sort by date/time posted in thread. Thus for these types of naming contests, it makes sense to post early….

RustyOldNail,

pretty-chill

Hunter S. Gemson or Hunter R. Gemson, with the 'R' referring to 'ruby'

Screw Ellis for the second baseball character.

pretty-chill,

martinstraka8282

The Moussaieff or Moussaieff Red

This is the largest known red diamond in the world

And just because I was a huge Frank Thomas fan growing up and baseball is the theme... The Big Hurt. Maybe this could be expanded on and you could do a classic ball players nickname for each product. Not sure if there's any copyright issues there. Mr. Freeze. Slammin' Sammy. The Home Run King. Ryno. Rocket. Etc.

Last edited:
martinstraka8282,

PogueMahone

The Rube, that or His Rubeness or Ruber or El Ruberino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

PogueMahone,
Top Bottom