Sativa lovers

GoldenBud

But i do wonder: have you personally ever tried (growing or vaping) some autoflower weed? Or you just read about it?
Some have very low % ruderalis genetics. Like 1% or lower.
The reason why people pick these strains with some ruderalis seems too obvious to answer. I'm sure you know why... ;)
If you can choose between Reg/Fem/Autos, and you know that Autos has Ruderalis in the genetics, and Ruderalis came from Russia, away from the Equator line, why would you choose it? why you want to start your grow with a built in DNA disadvantage?
no, i never grew. but i know what Autos are. you start with a disadvantage. why?
asking me if i ever grew is like... "whataboutism" .. i think... we're talking about Pluses and Minuses, and Autos = Ruderalis built in genetics = drawback, Minus...
Also FYI: last year i grew the same strain both from auto as from regular seeds and the biggest difference was the yield/plant not so much the quality or the taste. Of course the OG plants will develop more trichomes/sugar on the buds during the longer flowerstage so will be more potent and have a more robust flavour i guess but i can assure you that some autos deliver amazing results, especially given the short lifespan.
but why you chose Auto and not Reg/Fem? why starting with built in disadvantage?

if you want to spare the clock or timer that changes 18 to 6 or 12 to 12, it's fine... but you pay the price with less potent buds.... it's better to get a timer/clock that changes 18 lights hours to 6 dark, or 12/12 flowering stage....

you can tell me that you didn't wanna mess with the clock and it's fine, but you pay the price later....

GoldenBud,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
asking me if i ever grew is like... "whataboutism" .. i think

You'll have to explain that to me, man.
What do you mean with that? Does it mean you are offended for me asking?
It just a question imo. Just to know if you have hands on experience with it or not.

but why you chose Auto and not Reg/Fem? why starting with built in disadvantage?

You cannot think of any reasons why people would autoflowers?
Come on man... :D

i'm not gonna take the bait, please forgive me ;)

666Honeybadger,

GoldenBud

You already did. Nice thread while it lasted.
Let's be serious for a moment: we know for a fact Autos has Ruderalis in the DNA. Ruderalis is from Russia. Russia is far from the Equator line. Far from the Equator line = less potent, cold environment, less THC

why the facts I shared you consider as ""informative threads being derailed into ”Is too. Is not.“"" ? i don't understand
I am talking facts here...

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Keep it simple guys. follow facts. Autos, Ruderalis, Russia, less potent.
Simple.

GoldenBud,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
You already did. Nice thread while it lasted.

you are right i guess. I'm sorry.
Won't let it happen again.
All baits are off!
LoLz

fwiw: i'm currently enjoying some back to back bowls of Ultra White Amnesia.
75% Sativa (no ruderalis :D)...
Pretty tasty but i prefer the original Amnesia flavourwise even tho the Ultra White has some White Widow genetics mixed in to it. The promise of White Widow flavours was what made me pick this strain but on that part it didn't really deliver i guess.
Still, it's not bad, bot bad at alllllllllll...

:smug:

GoldenBud

My top sativas ever:

1. Alaskan Thunder Fuck
2. Super Lemon Haze
3. Ghost Train Haze
4. Sour
5. Amnesia

that's it, Sativa is rare..... but makes you feel great :D

GoldenBud,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I insist ;) that the aforementioned Mango Smile (auto strain) qualifies as a Sativa :razz: having seen the growth and the 85% Mango Haze genetics ( as per breeder info) and will be vaping it very soon to prove it ( to myself at least) and report back.

I also question the Ruderalis thing as I think there may be another cannabis type with the autoflowering trait?

Haze Mister,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GoldenBud

I insist ;) that the aforementioned Mango Smile (auto strain) qualifies as a Sativa :razz: having seen the growth and the 85% Mango Haze genetics ( as per breeder info) and will be vaping it very soon to prove it ( to myself at least) and report back.

I also question the Ruderalis thing as I think there may be another cannabis type with the autoflowering trait?
the fact that Autos plants can be automatically changed from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage without changing the lights settings (like fem/reg need to be changed from 18/6 to 12/12) is the fact that Autos have Ruderalis in their DNA.....

It doesn't matter what the breeder wrote, 85% Sativa, 40% Indica, etc', it doesn't matter....

I understand that if you grow OUTDOOR you sometimes can't predict when the 12/12 light/dark period will start. so you use Auto.
I am speaking about people using Autos plants INDOOR........ it's like starting with a drawback instead of working with Fem/Reg seeds......

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
A big reason to grow autos is harvests in 3 months. So if you can start outdoors in April you can harvest by July 1, and again by Oct 1. But I don’t do a second crop. I plant photos too. The only reason not grow autos is lower potency. I’ve grown autos out door since 2015. The quality “potency” and size of harvest per plant, has gotten considerably better since then. Just take a couple more hits to get “there”. Wherever “there” is for you.

This year I’m growing photo Arcata TrainWreck for the 3rd time. But also some Auto TrainWreck for the 1st time. Both from the same seed producer. I love the citrus and pine and head high I get with Arcata TrainWreck. 🤗

GoldenBud

A big reason to grow autos is harvests in 3 months.
But fem/reg seeds you have veg' period of 20 days then flowering for 55 days, it's almost the same, and you may get much higher quality (again, no ruderalis genetics...so you have higher chances of getting much potent yield) ***Sativa flowering can be 70 days, yeah, but still it can be worth it......
So if you can start outdoors in April you can harvest by July 1, and again by Oct 1. But I don’t do a second crop.
growing Outdoor Autos is fine, it's not too easy to determine when the 12/12 lightning/dark will take place, so it's understandable to grow Autos outdoors. my question is why people grow Autos Indoor.
This year I’m growing photo Arcata TrainWreck for the 3rd time. But also some Auto TrainWreck for the 1st time. Both from from the same seed producer. I love the citrus and pine and head high I get with Arcata TrainWreck
that sounds delicious and bringing great effects, got a pic of it? :)

GoldenBud,
@GoldenBud my whole post was about growing outdoors, both autos and photos. I live in Calif and have no place nor desire to grow indoors. If I did I wouldn't grow autos. I don't have, currently, a way to directly upload or link a photo. Too much bother.

DrJynx86

the fact that Autos plants can be automatically changed from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage without changing the lights settings (like fem/reg need to be changed from 18/6 to 12/12) is the fact that Autos have Ruderalis in their DNA.....

It doesn't matter what the breeder wrote, 85% Sativa, 40% Indica, etc', it doesn't matter....

I understand that if you grow OUTDOOR you sometimes can't predict when the 12/12 light/dark period will start. so you use Auto.
I am speaking about people using Autos plants INDOOR........ it's like starting with a drawback instead of working with Fem/Reg seeds......
The reason people use autos indoor is you can leave the lights 24 hours on (or 18-6) and the plants will keep growing, when you definitely need to switch to 12-12 with regulars.

Autos will produce less flower at 12-12, but they naturally will produce a lot more at 24 hours of light.

GoldenBud

The reason people use autos indoor is you can leave the lights 24 hours on (or 18-6) and the plants will keep growing, when you definitely need to switch to 12-12 with regulars.
whaaaaat? 24 hours on?! it's impossible i think? flowering occurs while it's dark... it gains energy from the lights, but actually flowering occurs while it's dark...... so must be 18-6 yea... not 24 hours on...
but again you can understand people growing Autos indoor? it's less potent overall... like... Ruderalis DNA.. not all of it.. but some percent...

GoldenBud,

DrJynx86

whaaaaat? 24 hours on?! it's impossible i think? flowering occurs while it's dark... it gains energy from lights, but actually flowering occurs while it's dark...... so must be 18-6 yea... not 24 hours on...
but again you can understand people growing Autos indoor? it's less potent overall... like... Ruderalis DNA.. not all of it.. but some percent...
That process (might be) accurate in regular cannabis, in auto flowering, they will flower even if there is zero % darkness period.

You can leave them with some hours of darkness if want a little stretch on your plants, but for efficiency (grams/watts), that's 24 hours of light.

GoldenBud

That process (might be) accurate in regular cannabis, in auto flowering, they will flower even if there is zero % darkness period.

You can leave them with some hours of darkness if want a little stretch on your plants, but for efficiency (grams/watts), that's 24 hours of light.
wow, it must be so non-potent if you leave the lights for 24 hours on!
I know for a fact that cannabis must have hours of darkness for flowering stage....
it will not work for Fem/Reg for sure...

CANtalk

@GoldenBud thanks Here it is from last year:
Arcata TrainWreck
Love the picture & strain :luv:, thx for sharing personal pics :tup:. Trainwreck is an incredible strong sativa, I'm with you & have long recommended this classic North American OG strain as a must try for everyone :rockon:. Awesome grow :bowdown:

I'm looking forward to your second Trainwreck variant grow & feedback. If you love Trainwreck, I also recommend trying a few other classic strong-to-full sativas. Super Lemon Haze & Strawberry Cough I enjoy even more, and also look next to Maui Wowie & Hawaiian Snow, then Acapulco Gold. All these play in the same sandbox for f/x as Trainwreck :nod:.

wow, it must be so non-potent if you leave the lights for 24 hours on!
I know for a fact that cannabis must have hours of darkness for flowering stage....
it will not work for Fem/Reg for sure...
@archangelz001 pics looks awesome :luv:! Fwiw, I haven't found life binary, & neither is cannabis. Instead & over the years, the quality of the grow & batch has been a much bigger driver to great f/x than the strain or type of cannabis. Quality genetics & a great grower is always THE BIGGEST input in my experience, then the other details :clap:

TGIF, it's my second weekend with this new Strawberry Cough in the vape after a weekly break & it again is bringing the goods :science::science:. Here's a picture again, enjoy
725q1slcdh6b1.jpg

A super potent strong sativa

Love all the personal pictures shared :love:, thx, vape & have a great weekend

HAF so sorry for any spelling or grammar awkardness :razz:

:peace: :leaf:

Top Bottom