Sativa lovers

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Hot damn. You may be running out of time. The EU and other forces inside NL have been pushing for years to ban the sale of dope to non-residents there and they have a good chance of succeeding soon.

In the meantime grow-your-own technology has evolved really well! Just been sampling some very impressive auto-flowering strains by Mephisto!

www.seedsman.com/eu-en/super-orange-haze-auto-feminised-seeds-3

GoldenBud

Hot damn. You may be running out of time. The EU and other forces inside NL have been pushing for years to ban the sale of dope to non-residents there and they have a good chance of succeeding soon.

In the meantime grow-your-own technology has evolved really well! Just been sampling some very impressive auto-flowering strains by Mephisto!

www.seedsman.com/eu-en/super-orange-haze-auto-feminised-seeds-3
usually the general recommendation is to stay away from auto and grow from reg/fem seeds (even doing pheno hunting from some seeds) but the super orange haze sounds awesome... Super Lemon Haze x SODK F5

GoldenBud,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
IMG20230618120952.jpg

Autos have in the past been disappointing but Mephisto and one or two other breeders seem to have some special genetics. This is Mango Smile only about halfway into flowering. looks like a full sativa with very thin leaves all over and smells like what the name implies. Early samples confirm full potency!

Haze Mister,
  • Haha
Reactions: Zillacon

cvs8floz

why you need Ruderalis genetics in your flowers if you can avoid them....? full potency means staying away from autos which have Ruderalis in their genetics .........
Don't be so harsh on the autos, I have grown amazing ones in a small space. You can fit up to 4 plants in a 2'x2', they finish in about 3 months and if you start new ones 2 months in, you can have up to 6 harvests/year and you are always vaping fresh stuff. Granted, you can never be sure what size they will be and there is a potency loss because of the Ruderalis, but you will have so much bud that you can always vape an extra bowl to compensate!

cvs8floz,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

Don't be so harsh on the autos, I have grown amazing ones in a small space. You can fit up to 4 plants in a 2'x2', they finish in about 3 months and if you start new ones 2 months in, you can have up to 6 harvests/year and you are always vaping fresh stuff. Granted, you can never be sure what size they will be and there is a potency loss because of the Ruderalis, but you will have so much bud that you can always vape an extra bowl to compensate!
yeah it works but it is not the best option
the best option is to pheno hunt from 10-30 seeds and keep the best pheno (fem/reg seeds)
but it requires 2 setups, one for hunting one for mother keeping, then in the hunting tent to do the flowering stage etc'

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

If so, then you basically told be to start combusting again...which is what quitting vaporizing means.
Stop using THC, at all, for the next 100-200 days and you will save a lot of money, but if you need to wake up tomorrow for your work, don't do it. You may not be able to fall asleep for the next 10-20 days or so...
only do it if you can take 2 weeks off work or even 3 weeks

*if you grow your own, my message is canceled. it means you barely pay for your THC buds.

GoldenBud,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Stop using THC, at all, for the next 100-200 days

Gibberish again. I'm not sure what's happening with the breakdown your spelling and sentence structure. :shrug:

None of these letters strung together in such a way make any sense in reality.

Last edited:
Ramahs,

GoldenBud

i know you're trying to make me earning a bad point from mods, but i never scored one in 4.5 years here, and i don't want to. i will keep in my mind what i think about you, and you will keep your insulting ideas about me at your head. edit your message below me.

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Okay, my friend. Have a good night :tup:

Last edited:
Ramahs,

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
This thread y'all.

Autos are perfectly fine. Everyone isn't trying to get on to high times magazine. A lot is being discussed in theory in this thread, sometimes discussion of practice can be even more eye opening.

GoldenBud

Autos are perfectly fine. Everyone isn't trying to get on to high times magazine
Autos are fine, but not ideal. I mean, if you can avoid the Ruderalis from Russia, do it. not just because how it looks, because it is less potent
Russia is far from the equator line, so it means also less potent. less THCA. (AS FAR AS I UNDERSTOOD)

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

I respect you a lot, but you're doing kind of "whataboutism" . Avoid Autos if you can. it's fine, but not ideal.

GoldenBud,

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
I'm not going to argue with you. But you are not completely right (and that is okay). A lot of us here grow for personal pleasure, not commercial sale. In addition although some of the information you have is based in some sound basis of reality, you sometimes get small things misconstrued.

A great example is when you tried to explain my lights were too close to my plants (even though you had no clue what brand of light I was running). I tried multiple times to inform you that you are misled, but you were adamant on telling me I was wrong. Just saying man, use this as a learning experience.

Last edited:

GoldenBud

I'm not going to argue with you. But you are not completely right (and that is okay). A lot of us here grow for personal pleasure, not commercial sale. In addition although some of the information you have is based in some sound basis of reality, you sometimes get small things misconstrued.
if you can avoid low potent genetics, why wouldn't you do it? I understand it's harder to reach 2 setups and do pheno hunting, yea, but AFAIK, you will do it in your next house or so?
I mean, if you know Autos have Ruderalis in the DNA or so, it's not the best option to choose..you want to work with something that has no "fucks" in the DNA...
A great example is when you tried to explain my lights were too close to my plants (even though you had no clue what brand of light I was running). I tried multiple times to inform you that you are mislead, but you were adamant on telling me I was wrong. Just saying man, use this as a learning experience.
Usually the general recommendation is to keep 60-90 cm from the light, in flowering stage, yeah i remember your light is not as strong as it should be so it is possible less than 60cm, i remember it! but with the Autos discussion it's something else - it has Ruderalis in their genetics - it's a "built-in" disadvantage

@Zillacon don't get me wrong, your buds look awesome, but if you'll pheno hunt, it can be much better, stronger, smells and taste better etc' etc' etc'

Last edited:
GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

@Zillacon we both know the convo ended when I said "whataboutism"
that being said, your results from Auto growing look amazing. really good.

my most favorite sativa ever probably 😍

Last edited:
GoldenBud,
  • Love
Reactions: dman28

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
These autos are great for casual growers with some outdoor space or for stealth gardening. There are some good mostly sativa options that allow people to enjoy buds that they would otherwise not be able to grow. The ruderalis unwanted traits have mostly been bred out except the autoflowering trait.

I don't think extended discussion on growing is encouraged in the forum and I would bet Golden is a Pole :ko:

jbm

These autos are great for casual growers with some outdoor space or for stealth gardening. There are some good mostly sativa options that allow people to enjoy buds that they would otherwise not be able to grow. The ruderalis unwanted traits have mostly been bred out except the autoflowering trait.

I don't think extended discussion on growing is encouraged in the forum and I would bet Golden is a Pole :ko:
Cultivation discussions are explicitly prohibited in The Rules. I’m also getting tired of potentially informative threads being derailed into ”Is too. Is not.“

Last edited:

GoldenBud

Just google "Auto cannabis flower"
you will see that it has Ruderalis in the genetics
and Ruderalis is from Russia. away from the Equator. good weed always comes from places near the Equator line, in its DNA. Mexico, India, Thailand, etc' etc'.

Why would somebody pick Auto if it has Ruderalis in its DNA?
I am not a pole, I learnt A LOT about cannabis and I share the information with you.

You don't want cannabis that has Ruderalis in its DNA. it's less potent.
Zillacon grows it not because he chose it, (MAYBE) because it saves him the clock that changes the 18 light to 6 dark or so, it saves him the clock, yea, but it's not the right seeds to grow!

else idk why choose autos..

when you grow "reg" or "fem" you need a clock to change from 18 to 6 in vegetation stage or 12 to 12 dark in flowering stage..
auto don't need this clock so it saved equipment, yea,
but it's not the best option to grow with!

that being said, his buds look great. but could look better if he would grow from a good "cut" he can buy or pheno hunt himself

Last edited:

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Just google "Auto cannabis flower"
you will see that it has Ruderalis in the genetics
and Ruderalis is from Russia. away from the Equator. good weed always comes from places near the Equator line, in its DNA. Mexico, India, Thailand, etc' etc'.

Why would somebody pick Auto if it has Ruderalis in its DNA?

But i do wonder: have you personally ever tried (growing or vaping) some autoflower weed? Or you just read about it?
Some have very low % ruderalis genetics. Like 1% or lower.
The reason why people pick these strains with some ruderalis seems too obvious to answer. I'm sure you know why... ;)

FYI: they (autoflower strains) have come a long way over the last couple of years and can be quite nice (tasty and potent) nowadays.

Also there's plenty of reasons i can think of to grow (some) autoflowers and to be frank: ultimate potency isn't (always) the end goal you know...

Also FYI: last year i grew the same strain both from auto as from regular seeds and the biggest difference was the yield/plant and the flowering time oc, but not so much the quality or the taste. Of course the OG plants will develop more trichomes/sugar on the buds during the longer flowerstage so will be more potent and have a more robust flavour i guess but i can assure you that some autos deliver amazing results, especially given the short lifespan. I still have some stash and i still like it even tho i have different strains at hand as well...

Been mixing in some autoflowers for some years now and i can tell you they really came a long way and get better every year! So more and more people start to try them which leads to further innovation/perfection... Raising quality over time.
And what's more: auto's offer a perfect solution to different problems so there's that...
my :2c:

Last edited:
Top Bottom