ruptured ear drum

vaplen

I seem to have ruptured my ear dream. I can hold my nose and blow and hear air escaping through my right ear. I was wondering if it was safe to vape. Safe to wear headphones. Just in general anything you guys can help me with. Apparently this is common so I am hoping for people who have experienced this. I believe it happened with a q-tip but not sure. No real pain yet. And apparently there isn't really treatment for this unless surgery is required so I have been researching.

vaplen,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Jesus mate you must have been having a damn good dig around in there for that to happen, this is why I tell my kids not to clean ears by sticking stuff in them...
Ears are self cleaning, your only supposes to clear the wax that comes out to ear lobe, not go mining for wax...

I would have thought vaping would be OK, providing you don't take a hit and try to blow it out your ear....

ginolicious

9 times out of 10 it heals on its own. If you are concerned go to a walk in and they can advise you what to do and if surgery is required. Usually it is not.

For the love of god do not put a Q tip in your ear. I do it occasionally and yes it feels good to pull out that wax. But the box says not to do it. If you wanna get your wax out do the candle in the ear but have that done professionally

vaplen

Thanks guys I don't think I put the qtip deep in my ear but applied too much pressure. Just gonna avoid water and take it easy. Do you guys think it is safe to wear earbuds?

I gotta try that ear syringe sounds amazing. Probably when I heal though

vaplen,
Top Bottom