Root canal surgery.... reassurance???

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Im a nervous boy today.... and that's unlike me....

Id have no problem with any other surgery..iv even performed minor sugery on myself...

Blood and guts does not phase me, even if it's my own...i am not a fearfull person.....

But im uneasy with the treatment I am due in 5 hours...

Maybe it's the unknown that is making me uneasy...

Anyone got any kind words of reassurance, or is this really as bad as people say...????

Im ashamed of myself for being bothered by this...man up....

Unless you have an allergy to the anesthetic you will be fine. No different to a "normal" filling in terms of pain in my experience. Ive just had some titanium implants and bone grafting done. Dude was smashing that shit around with a hammer and hacking up my gums and roof of mouth for tissue grafting...felt like some fucker started a lawn mower in my mouth for 2 weeks. You'll be fine.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Relax and have a bowl mate ;)

I've had root treatment on a tooth before and while it's not something I would do for pleasure, it wasn't that bad. You'll be all numbed up so it should feel like a bit of pressure and minor discomfort.

Ask if you can wear headphones?
The fear we build up in our heads is usually much worse than the actual event.

TeeJay1952

Having the bottom remaining 8 teeth pulled for lower denture in 3 hours.
I am kind of scared but excited to be rid of these damn mouth infections. I am looking at life sucks when I eat but better the other 23 1/2 hours of the day.

BadDog No

Ah the Dental Wars...I could write a book about my bad dental experiences starting with the idiot childhood dentist who left caries under each filling he did for oh, several years. We moved, the new dentist shows us the xrays and explains each and every filling needs to be removed and redone. Twice a month for 2 years. Oh and let's hope you haven't been ignoring that need for a root canal for too long. I had one (several actually) that calcified and took 5 visits plus the crown followup. Oh yeah, we all love to go to the dentist...:rolleyes:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
So whats the thoughts on this....

u1cZjtNh.jpg

Before....or after.....

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Ah the Dental Wars...I could write a book about my bad dental experiences starting with the idiot childhood dentist who left caries under each filling he did for oh, several years. We moved, the new dentist shows us the xrays and explains each and every filling needs to be removed and redone. Twice a month for 2 years. Oh and let's hope you haven't been ignoring that need for a root canal for too long. I had one (several actually) that calcified and took 5 visits plus the crown followup. Oh yeah, we all love to go to the dentist...

^^^ See @kellya86 bruv, I knew we could cheer you up! ;)

Ouch! @BadDog No :ugh:

So whats the thoughts on this....

u1cZjtNh.jpg

Before....or after.....
You know the answer to that!!! ;)

:peace:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Different strokes I guess but the dental chair (and flying) are 2 places I feel uncomfortably introspective when high. And being essentially trapped in your seat for hours doesn't help. But then I'm strange. :lol:

Wooo what do you mean hours???? How long does this take???? Or did you just mean flying....?

I was assuming id be in and out in half hour...

Also it's my front tooth...am I gonna be able to vape after?????

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Mine was one of my front teeth too (Someone headbutted me in the mouth)
I remember I had to have a temporary tooth/filling between appointments and that the feeling of the files was a bit weird.

You should be able to still hit the evo after, just make sure you tuck your lip in to the HT lol
Drawing on the vapcap I could see being a bit of a problem, but using the corners of your mouth should still be possible.

I was bonging before and after

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Mine was one of my front teeth too (Someone headbutted me in the mouth)
I remember I had to have a temporary tooth/filling between appointments and that the feeling of the files was a bit weird.

You should be able to still hit the evo after, just make sure you tuck your lip in to the HT lol
Drawing on the vapcap I could see being a bit of a problem, but using the corners of your mouth should still be possible.

I was bonging before and after

I'll get the eq out and blow vapour up my nose if I have to....

How does your tooth feel after having the nerve removed???.
Does it feel like a dead tooth.??? Iv Never had one....
How quick will it go black after having nerve removed.??
I have to wait a month for my crown...

Does it forever feel noticeable....??

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
Mine was done over 10 years ago now. A porcelain crown on a metal peg.
At first it felt a little delicate, but after a short while I stopped noticing/thinking about it.

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
heavy enough indica and you might even sleep through it :p
Seriously bud, I used to hate the dentist ('orrible childhood memories lol) I put off getting my tooth done and that was why I ended up needing a crown.
I explained to them that I was really nervous and the dentist and his assistant were great. Very reassuring and explained everything they were going to do.
I ended up dating the dental nurse for a year or so afterwards lol

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Well....it wasn't so bad....many thanks for the reassurance from everone.... to be honest I was still crapping it in the waiting room....

But on the whole it was ok....

At one point though, I pulled a good old fashioned whitey.......not felt like that since the days of soap bar/tobacco bong mixes as a youth....

I had to put my hand up, and sweat it out....for about 5 minutes.......then I sorted myself out....
But man did I sweat, pale as a ghost and dripping...

I did have 2 elbs on the evo before I left, og kush and holy grail kush.....

Anyway im glad it's all over, im now gonna vape as much as I can for the rest of the day.....as a reward...

BD9

I had a root canal 2 years ago and the worst part for me was the anxiety before and during the surgery. They did everything at the same time. They had a milling machine that made the replacement tooth. Everything took about an hour and a half.
As you know now, it's not so bad.

capcoho

At one point though, I pulled a good old fashioned whitey.......not felt like that since the days of soap bar/tobacco bong mixes as a youth....

I had to put my hand up, and sweat it out....for about 5 minutes.......then I sorted myself out....
But man did I sweat, pale as a ghost and dripping...

I really try to avoid big pharma meds but I take ativan before dentists appointments to avoid passing out. I really don't mind passing out but can get hurt falling down and it also can be scary for other customers and an inconvenience for the dentists.

Top Bottom