Rip it hard! Vapes that work better with a fast draw.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

it will extract more THC and then the low temps - slow draw hits won't satisfy you as they used to do
slow draw requires lower temps I mean..
More thc than what? And it has Been suggested that faster extraction and inhalation of material doesn't translate to active material crossing the blood brain barrier.

I can only speak from my own experience experience, which as you might expect :p doesn't line up.

Recently I was daily driving Anvil for 1 hit extraction and TM2 for low temp step session. The come up of the high of the former is immediate which also gives it an extra punch. But the latter gets me as medicated. Even when switching them throughout the day. It's just the come up that's slower.

GoldenBud

I just think slow draw as @Grass Yes does refer to low temps only - I don't think he vape @ 9 with the TM 1? or CL @ 6 with slow draw?

ok sorry then, in my mind slow draw comes ONLY with low temps.. or "Medium" temps..Anvil is a 1 hitter so it's a HIGH temp? or very high even

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

i see but I don't understand how faster extraction would rise tolerance as opposed to a slower extraction, regardless* of temp.

*should naturally be in the same range, otherwise it's probably as accurate as comparing different amounts of herb lol

Abele Rizieri Ferrari,
Reactions: Grass Yes

GoldenBud

Extraction doesn't really equal absorption though.

You'd have to absorb it to affect your tolerance.

The truth is the majority of the vapor is donated to the sky, or the bong.
I mean, it's like, you can rip a TP80 @ 500F or slow draw @ 455F .. so within 8 seconds in 500F you will rip the whole 0.1gr or so... but with 455F it will take you like 15 seconds (or even a bit more than that) or so

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You are the third or fourth person to say that. I am convinced. Maybe I will pick up a viking next time they go up for sale from Jaxel. Seems more unique than I thought.

I can't say for sure about that design at least all of them are similar and very effective, I've only tried the classic and the one arm bandits and the mini bandit of course... Felix is the one who makes the Viking I think?

Shit Snacks,

Vaporware

A quick update on my Z8 testing:

A medium-fast draw speed is definitely giving me more vapor than a slow draw in the same amount of time.

The airflow isn’t very restricted, so I can inhale fairly quickly. I suspect that I could get more vapor overall with a long, slow draw, but if you’re looking for maximum clouds then an alternative way to make up for any possible drop in vapor volume would be to just use a larger load.

I don’t need to come close to maxing it out so I’m not sure I’ll be thoroughly testing the upper end any time soon, but second-for-second I think the Z8 does work better with a fast draw. :)

With a smaller bubbler and/or more restricted airflow (I’m using a GooRoo HD3) I think you could prolong and get even more out of a fast draw. I’ll have to try it with a j-hook again, but last time I did I got more than I bargained for… :lol:

Also, right now I’m mostly using it at 456f on an Auber RDK300 if anyone cares.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A quick update on my Z8 testing:
This is awesome and I thank you. I would have expected the z8 to perform like my B1 with a change in draw speed. Obviously they are different in mass, etc. But I think I need to go back and retry my experiments.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

I guess we’ll have to give VVPS a second definition to confuse everyone: Vapor Volume Per Second? :sherlock:

I’m not sure how to objectively measure that outside a lab though… :rolleyes:

Vaporware,

simba

@weedanwine
Glass Charlie Tasty Tube works best when ripped. That said, I had a very alarming Boxing Day after following my own advice and melting my face before a day of cookery and family entertainment. Play safe you crazy kids
I agree as long as you're using it with a glass piece. Using it native it's much more of a MTL vape IMO.

hinglemccringleberry

I figure this is a joke but since I have never used the volcano classic or hybrid, who can say? The bags always put me off it and I don't like whips. :-)
Why would it be a joke? Lol I've used it and the valved hole on the mouthpiece is wide open and lets you draw basically as hard as you want. It will make you cough before the bag even looks like it has been touched....

Last edited:

Cjk0812

I have one of the dc-elev8r`s from vgoodiez when they were using the Boro balls instead of the rubies and I've always found it worked better when I ripped it as hard as I could even with the temp set at about 700. Besides that I like ripping my sticky bricks pretty hard to besides the initial slow draw to get that heat going.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think someone else mentioned it, but I find the tetra p80 works wonderfully with rips rather than sips. Totally unrestricted airflow so I just inhale. It’s a breath of fresh air (no pun intended!) compared to my woodscents or a dyna. The toad is also pretty open, but being unregulated I find breath control to be a pretty important part of the formula for using it.

Flow

Hi !
SSV user here !
Rippin' it is the way i mainly use my device in the begining of my session... i use a glass tube on the heater, and a small bubbler from a dhgate, kind of "oil catcher" that i use dry as a mouthpiece… my beloved device, the first one !

I use my dynas more as "sippin' devices" … i like repeated heatings on Ti tips (omni xl and a M with half bowl) and i like my stainless tips full bowl with the fmj setup. It allows several big cloudy draws per heating and a quite fast session.
Unfortunately, it's still an arsh device for my throat and i do not use them as much as i did during initial honeymoon... even though i moded them ! (twisted stainless steel coolant, fmj)

I rip my airvape legacy pro too and find it works a bit better in on demand mode. Session mode always makes me feel my goods are burning without my enjoyement ^^ but it's an easy no-brainer when i vape with open-minded combustion-friends for passing around...

and i own an OGbrick from stickybrick labs… with wich i start slow and then rip it as a donkey when it's milky !!! :D

Rip it fast, knock'em hard : OGBRICK and SSV !
100% convection.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Lots of good insights from folks. I regret using the term "rip it hard". I don't mean "rips vs. sips". Specifically, I am talking about a fast draw vs a slow one. Taking a long deep draw over several seconds works best for a lot of vapes. It sounds like some vapes need a really quick draw (over a shorter period). I've seen a lot of folks use hard inhales as a substitute for good breath control.

And specifically, not MTL vs DTL. This is an important difference, but not one that I spend a lot of time thinking about.

Anyway, still love hearing all the insights.

Top Bottom