Rip it hard! Vapes that work better with a fast draw.

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
It's possible to toke with a fast inhale on the dynavap.
Heat it really hot(second heat up typically) and inhale fast, carb wide open, it makes heaps of vapor this way but it is hot and harsh for sure.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Lots of good insights from folks. I regret using the term "rip it hard". I don't mean "rips vs. sips". Specifically, I am talking about a fast draw vs a slow one. Taking a long deep draw over several seconds works best for a lot of vapes. It sounds like some vapes need a really quick draw (over a shorter period). I've seen a lot of folks use hard inhales as a substitute for good breath control.

And specifically, not MTL vs DTL. This is an important difference, but not one that I spend a lot of time thinking about.

Anyway, still love hearing all the insights.

Yeah I’m not sure on the distinction between a sip or a rip sometimes 😅. I took your meaning to be a fast draw vs something slower and longer and more “controlled.” I still think the p80 excels with that kind of draw. Of course you can also do a slower more moderated inhale (probably at a lower temp than I’d use for a quick one assuming you want to extract about the same quantity of cannabinoids), but I find it works great with quick draws.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Vaporware

To highlight the difference between fast/slow and short/long though, if I take a fast draw on a VapCap (especially with a stem that doesn’t have an air port) it can still be relatively long because less air can come through it at once, and if I take a fast draw on the Z8 or especially a ball-less FlowerPot the draw will be shorter because so much more air will come through per second.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
To highlight the difference between fast/slow and short/long though, if I take a fast draw on a VapCap (especially with a stem that doesn’t have an air port) it can still be relatively long because less air can come through it at once, and if I take a fast draw on the Z8 or especially a ball-less FlowerPot the draw will be shorter because so much more air will come through per second.
This is a really excellent point. But it can't just be airflow. I can draw slowly on the WS (very restricted) and the CL (wide open) and they both work much better than fast rips. Although maybe it's just the size of the heater with an open airflow.

Although I also think the Atlas and FP work better with a slow draw.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to say that the restriction was directly correlated with vapor production modulated by draw speed, just that if you can pull more air through more quickly you can’t take as long of a fast draw. I hope that makes sense?

Since the VC is more restricted I can move air through it fast and it doesn’t fill my lungs as quickly as pulling through a more open device does. You can simulate the same effect by opening and closing your mouth and inhaling as fast as you can. If your lips are pursed like you’re drawing on a small stem you can draw for a long time before your lungs are full, but if you open your mouth wide you can fill your lungs in a fraction of the time.

That means even something that extracts better with a fast draw may not get you as much vapor overall because you can fill your lungs so quickly. Some of these open airflow designs do still produce a lot of vapor very quickly though, so I haven’t needed or wanted to test the maximum I could get out of a fast or slow draw.

I hope that all made sense and that I interpreted the last post right. I’ve had a fair amount of brownie/Z8/Toad tonight. :lmao:

hinglemccringleberry

It's possible to toke with a fast inhale on the dynavap.
Heat it really hot(second heat up typically) and inhale fast, carb wide open, it makes heaps of vapor this way but it is hot and harsh for sure.
I get way more vapor when plugging the hole.
I get the most dense vapor when keeping it closed for the first part of the hit during hard mouth pulls followed by opening the hole for the final lung pull. Nothing gets me bigger clouds than doing it that way.

If I do an open hole the entire time, it always results in less dense vapor compared to closed then open.

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
I dig your vapcap style Mr Mccringleberry, carb covered MTL is my plain of existence too.
I share your experience of a closed port making the biggest clouds and would like to add, that they also seem less harsh as well.

Love my carbless stems the most, but will occasionally hit a ported one wide open on a water piece.

Have you ever hit your DV on bucket bong? Or should that read bucket vap. :whoa:

Also, my apologies in advance....... I could not resist quoting your post.

TheThriftDrifter,
Top Bottom