• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reusing vaped herb

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
vapedcrusader said:
I used my vaped leftovers for brownies. 10+ grams will make a nice pan. I especially like them for airplane trips because of 2 reasons:

1) I've taken them through security time and time again, but they're just brownies right?

2) They allow me to go to sleep so easily. I think this is because it's mainly the cannabinoids/body high chemicals left after you vape off call the THC.

I'd be interested to see what people think of #2...
Number one, i love your I/D
Number Two, love your reason One, How do you go with dogs @ the Airport( Swallowing homemade Hash would make for a top flight:D maybe 1 or 2 grams:lol:)

Definately eating enough THC helps Sleep with no hangover:)

Cannabudz,

vapedcrusader

Cannabudz said:
How do you go with dogs @ the Airport
I've never had problems. I put the brownies in a couple ziplocks and I figure since the weed is baked in I'm all good.

vapedcrusader,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've got a good amount of AVB
Its pretty good cooked, but I have about half this amount that is lightly vaped in a separate container. I'm thinking brownies but I'm not sure, it might taste like ass.

Any other recipes good with AVB ? I was thinking peanut butter cookies because peanut butter is such a strong, milky taste it might disguise (or go good with) the 'popcorny taste' of avb.

SpiralArchitect,

wheezy_360gamer

Vapor Visionary
Brownies is a great idea. I will try it one day...

But I'm going to steer it away, and the topic's been dead awhile anyway....

During a recent 2-day dryspell, Very long 2 days BTW :( , i just pulled out the bag of vaped herb and used my VG Bong setup to pull 1 good hit out of a 'once vaped bowl'. Afterwords the bowl is way brown than before, like a deep brown, almost grayish black. This i discard.

I figure storing all the vaped herb in a huge bag mixes it up very well. Since All i have is the VaporGenie, I doubt I use all the herb to its potiential. So i do know there is a future for it.

Rather than trying to mix up the contents of just one bowl to pull more vapor off the bowl, and risk combustion, its more logical to wait for the collection of more vaped herb to mix so the consitency changes somewhat. Thats thinking in a economical sense. Most people wouldn't think of doing that because it doesn't sound 'pleasurable'.
I wouldn't feel right if i wasted anything. And when you have nothing to get you by, you take desperate measures.
This is my new "way-to-get-stoned-when-I-have-no-herb-or-funds."
Before i used to scrape my bong,pipes....... not so healthy. Might get me by for a day, day and a half.

Right now i have about 12g vaped herb. If i was gonna have to survive at nights on this alone, i could go maybe 3 nights. Maybe longer?

And yes it works very well. Maybe you have a harder time drawing vapor in other vaporizors or set ups. I don't know. All I know is My VaporGenie, and My VG Bong Mod.

I pack a bowl of already once vaped herb in my VG Bong, hit it 1 time. Very Long, Smooth, hit with a hint of popcorn taste. Discard and reload.
Repeat as needed.
Personally 4 bowls of vaped herb does it.

wheezy_360gamer,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Wheezy...that is what I actually do to control my tolorance. SpiralArchitect and Vaporcloud both suggested this when I started to even doubt vaporizing in general.

Now I vape my AVB durring the weekdays, and in case of panic attacks, insomnia, or the weekends I have my goods. It make me really appriceiate the taste, process, and high of the good stuff. Especially when all you enjoy is duff all day long. I've even smoked the AVB before, and I don't suggest it. Makes you high as hell for a short period of time, but on hell of a headache later. Not to mention serious "ass mouth" as stickstones would say. It's good to mix the AVB with legal smokeables as well and vaporize it. SD (spice diamond) and duff is my favorite combo in the dry times. Just have to dry the spice diamond first.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Volcano South

I've made QWISO hash with my remains. Last time I used 35g and produced about 2g of black, sticky gooey hash.

After the strain, there were absolutely no 'floating particles' (i.e. nothing made it past my filter setup). When it was done the entire bottom of the pyrex was coated in a lovely gold goo that came up black.

Smoked wonderfully. Yes, I smoked a little of it.

Volcano South,

HoneyAir

Volcano South said:
I've made QWISO hash with my remains. Last time I used 35g and produced about 2g of black, sticky gooey hash.

After the strain, there were absolutely no 'floating particles' (i.e. nothing made it past my filter setup). When it was done the entire bottom of the pyrex was coated in a lovely gold goo that came up black.

Smoked wonderfully. Yes, I smoked a little of it.
He's right, everyone.

I'm surprised at how few threads there are out there with reports on how QWISO works on AVB (or not). Not everyone wants to EAT their AVB... so what else is there for people like us to do with AVB?

QWISO means quick wash with isopropyl alcohol. 91% or better is best, but I had nice success with the 70% I already have here. After all, the rest is water (check the label to be sure).

Why quick wash? [Which means, washing with iso for only 30 seconds or such, you do NOT let it sit for a long time in iso].

The first time I tried to QWISO something, it was my wand which had quite a bit of particulate matter that I did not have a coffee filter on hand to filter out with. When I tried to use it, there was this godawful taste that was seriously turning me off of it.

I've read where someone said that iso starts reacting with the plant matter after a few minutes to create a lot of undesirables, so having particulates sit for days in iso is probably what caused it.

So, I did not have much hope for anything tasty when I tried QWISO with almost a half oz of AVB I had that was brown (looked like tobacco) because my vape was really cheap and prone to scorching it... I had milked that stuff for all its worth too, for all the penalty in taste... so I thought not much would come of it.

I had a coffee filter ready this time, so I was able to wash the entire thing in a glass jar for 30 seconds, strain it through the filter, and throw the filter/avb away. No particulate matter, and the liquid is on the bottom of a large glass dish.

A few days later (I wanted it completely dry, so waited a day past the point where it looked dry) I was shocked at how much I was able to scrape up with a razor blade that smelled HEAVENLY... a ball almost the size of a standard marble... from less than a half oz. Instead of looking black its more brownish/molassish.

I haven't tried vaping it... I did smoke it and it definitely couchlocked me. More CBNs as opposed to THC? Who knows...

This is a far, far, far, far, far, FAR better option than scraping black resin from smoked pipes and enduring the taste and brief high of THAT.

I'm sold on vaporizing. How did we live without this?

HoneyAir,
Reactions: KeroZen

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
interesting, very interesting
I've read where someone said that iso starts reacting with the plant matter after a few minutes to create a lot of undesirables, so having particulates sit for days in iso is probably what caused it.
i wouldnt say its reacting with anything, but over longer periods than 30-45 seconds it will start to really leach out chemical fertilizers, plant sugars, and possibly chlorophyll, which make it taste shitty especially in smoke

I'm sold on vaporizing. How did we live without this?
agreed :cool:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm digging the sound of the QWISO thing...cooking with my AVB isn't working for me.

I will try this with my next big batch of AVB.

stickstones,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I've been throwing away my AVB. Now I've got a reason to keep it. HoneyAir thanks for your description, that sounds like a great result.

hazy,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Ive got about 20 grams of vaped herbs and id like to extract them, if i go and use a BHO extraction will i still get good amber glass when done correctly?

Survivalism,

Volcano South

Yeah, just take your ABV (I recommend at least an ounce)

1. Put in freezer for 30 minutes
2. Put ABV in glass jar, fill alcohol until it barely covers the ABV.
3. Wait 30 seconds
4. Shake 30 seconds

(At this point you MUST be ready to do this, have a friend handy if it helps)

My setup is as follows:

---Strainer---
---Coffee Filter x2---
---Strainer---
---Pyrex Dish---

So basically, one strainer on top, one on the bottom with a coffee filter sandwiched between both of them.

Pour the solution into the top strainer slowly, watch the coffee filter catch any small particles that made it past strainer #1

Once all of the wet ABV is out of the jar and in strainer #1 just use a spoon and smash/stir/sift it around to get all of the alcohol out.

Once your done your liquid should be goldish/greenish with no free floating particles in it. Put some fans over it for 12-24hr until it's all evaporated then scrape it up with a razorblade!

The ratio of ABV to hash is about 20:1, so 40g should make 2g

Volcano South,
Reactions: KeroZen

eLiguL

As with any extraction method, your end product quality has a direct correlation to the quality of your starting product. (i.e. dark brown duff will result in low quality hash)

Also, I think a French Press would be an ideal tool for squeezing out the alcohol.

You can pick one of these contraptions up at your local Ikea.

eLiguL,

HoneyAir

I went the low-tech route in pouring what I had into a single coffee filter, twisting the top of the coffee filter, and carefully squeezing it so that I didn't have anything squirt out the top. I didn't try to squeeze out too much, just enough force to squeeze it once and then throwing the whole thing away.

The first time I made it and scraped it up, it was smelling as bad as it tasted (the one where I had tons of particulates and did not strain at all). The second time was the complete opposite, you KNOW that smell is THC right away... a very sweet smell.

That's why following the steps such as Volcano South's to the letter can only step up the taste and smell to a better level....definitely worth the investment in time.

HoneyAir,

stafaded

This site came recommended by a viewer of my youtube video. Search for marijuana vaporization & that's me & my Vriptech!

Butter really is the way to go. I use growkind.com's very easy method: boil 2 sticks of butter in water, add it to 1/2-1 oz of vaped weed, boil the weed/butter/water mix for an hour (I usually add another 1-2 cups of water at the half hour mark), strain out the weed, rinse what you've strained w/ boiling water, cool to let the butter harden, drain the water, scrape out the butter & reform into 2 sticks.

Betty Crocker makes butter recipe cookie mixes, all you need is one of your sticks of weed butter & an egg. Using rounded tablespoons, the chocolate chip bag makes exactly 24 cookies. You average 1 teaspoon of butter per cookie so it makes it a bit easier to dose (six cookies is fun but requires a mid-fun nap). The chocolate chippiness really overwhelms the weed flavor, which I find generally offensive & obvious in other preparations.

Thanks for reading.

closeup.jpg

stafaded,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
volcano south, you have any pics of this QWISO? I might try it my next batch of AVB but I'm afraid it would just turn into a shitty mess. How is the high?

SpiralArchitect,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stafaded said:
This site came recommended by a viewer of my youtube video. Search for marijuana vaporization & that's me & my Vriptech!

Butter really is the way to go. I use growkind.com's very easy method: boil 2 sticks of butter in water, add it to 1/2-1 oz of vaped weed, boil the weed/butter/water mix for an hour (I usually add another 1-2 cups of water at the half hour mark), strain out the weed, rinse what you've strained w/ boiling water, cool to let the butter harden, drain the water, scrape out the butter & reform into 2 sticks.

Betty Crocker makes butter recipe cookie mixes, all you need is one of your sticks of weed butter & an egg. Using rounded tablespoons, the chocolate chip bag makes exactly 24 cookies. You average 1 teaspoon of butter per cookie so it makes it a bit easier to dose (six cookies is fun but requires a mid-fun nap). The chocolate chippiness really overwhelms the weed flavor, which I find generally offensive & obvious in other preparations.

Thanks for reading.

http://bp1.blogger.com/_i4Oxr-Xa6KE/SBOjIrim3OI/AAAAAAAAAAc/yPTPUTuDEpQ/s400/closeup.jpg
hey whattup man :) ...glad i could get you over to fuckcombustion.com...hope you visit often and leave helpful hints here and there

Hennessy1414,

HoneyAir

Stafaded... your picture....

God, if I could just be a tiny person exploring those trichomes... what a winter wonderland!!!

That picture is insane!

HoneyAir,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
So I recently got my 'Warez back from my buddies place... it has been their for quite some time on loan. They love it.

But I guess they have been smoking their AVB, and they have quite the collection now..... They say they like the sleepy high it gives them, even if it does taste like burnt popcorn, they don't mind. :p I said 'whatever floats their boat', and proceeded to watch my friend take a huge, yellow milky bong rip of vaped bud...... :brow: :uhoh: Us Alaskans aren't wasteful. :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

stafaded

HoneyAir said:

God, if I could just be a tiny person exploring those trichomes... what a winter wonderland!!!

That picture is insane!
Full size pic is at my blog (I swear I'm not spamming, I haven't updated the thing in months). stayfaded.blogspot.com

stafaded,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
stafaded said:
HoneyAir said:

That picture is insane!
Full size pic is at my blog (I swear I'm not spamming, I haven't updated the thing in months). stayfaded.blogspot.com
now who would spam a place after he has such good youtube vids. of him totally ripping his heat gun to pieces...quality vids man...hope to see more of you here :)

Hennessy1414,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
KeepCalm said:
SpiralArchitect said:
proceeded to watch my friend take a huge, yellow milky bong rip of vaped bud......
That's so fucking gross! :lol:
its funny to watch kids openly do that like its a regular thing...they say it gets them twice as high(friends) :puke: no thanks

its like why did you even waste the moeny on a vape when you do that BS after

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom