• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Reusing vaped herb

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I had someone tell me they take their vaped herb and gently grind it in a mortar and pedestal. Then he uses it again and again (repeating the process) until it finally feels like sand. You ever do something like this, or do you just save it up for cooking, etc?

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You do get more out of the herb as you crush it up, I think it just exposes more "fresh" surface area. You can vaporize it till it's nothing but powder. Slightly turning up the heat can also help squeeze out some more vapor.

Personally, I don't do it because it doesn't taste as good as when you first vape it, and crushing it into a powder means more crap getting through the screen and clogging it. The herb also turns very dark brown, almost black-- which is probably not what you want to see when you're vaporizing to avoid the dangers of smoking... I'm a health freak like that.

I vape at very low temps and pack a fresh bowl before most people would. As a result, my vaped herb is light yellow/brown with green still visible. You could re-vape it as is, my friends have smoked it and apparently it's good for a goodnight spliff.

Keeping it fresh is nice because you get the cleanest vapor and save some decent leftovers for cooking or what have you.

But to each his own. :tup:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So my stuff is mostly a medium brown color...I vape it for two to three bags. Is this stuff good for anything? I would love to do something with it other than give it away.. It would be awesome if there were a market for this stuff!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
You should give cooking a try, how much do you have saved up?

Aside from cooking, people have used other solvents like isopropanol or butane to extract what's left into a concentrate.

I've had good luck making brownies. :brow:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm having some problems with imageshack right now...will get a pic up when it is worked out. The weight of my vaped herb is 11.3 grams.

stickstones-vaped-herb.jpg

Edit: added your pic.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you want to email me the pic I can host it for you. I actually did that with the other ones, just in case imageshack decides it doesn't like hosting vaporizer pics and deletes them without notice.

tactician at thisforum'sdomain

11.3 should be enough to make a decent batch of brownies, though, I used 17.3 though it was still greenish in color. You may want to save up a bit more if you want to make sure they're strong.

Didn't take you long to get this far. :D

vtac,

m40295

hey all just joined and saw this discussion
tho i dont save it or re use after 2 or 3 bags done to a yellow brown i have some buddys who save it till they have a few oz of it then they make oil out of it its not the best oil but it is turning trash into cash

i like to light it in the ashtray and have pot incence

m40295 thcfarm.com

m40295,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
m40295 said:
hey all just joined and saw this discussion
tho i dont save it or re use after 2 or 3 bags done to a yellow brown i have some buddys who save it till they have a few oz of it then they make oil out of it its not the best oil but it is turning trash into cash

i like to light it in the ashtray and have pot incence

m40295 thcfarm.com
Welcome to the forum!

Pot incense...that's funny.

Although my used bag is devoid of almost all smell.

stickstones,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
If you are vaping for health reasons, any re-use of the yellow-brown used chronic is simply ingesting fertilizer chemicals, toxins, and carcinogens that you set out to avoid. If you are vaping to get the absolute most out of your chronic, then conserving the resin that builds up in the whip and cooking with it or making oil from used chrons may show some value. To those with discriminating tastes, a once vaped bowl is garbage.

Rockwise,

Rockwise

Rockwise
Retailer
ive made brownies with vaped herbs. it can produce so decent results high wise, but the color of the butter disgusted me when i made it, and the flavour of the brownies was compromised. On several occasions i used 2 parts crystally leaf that I trimmed off my herbs prior to grinding them for vaporization, to one part vaped herbs for cannabutter, and the result was much more easy on the eyes and palette. also the resulting high felt more complete than from the brownies made solely with vaped herbs butter.

Rockwise,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I definitely agree vaped herb isn't as nice as fresh. But especially when used in addition to fresh, it's worth saving for some edible treats. :) Then again, my vaped herb is still mostly green, if it was all brown I can see the results being less satisfactory.

I haven't tried making butter with vaped, does it turn out brown instead of green? I kind of have a feeling that oil is a better extraction for vaped herb; less to extract + more fat to absorb into.

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'm bumping this thread because someone on here said they like the Extreme for its ability to re-vape used herb. I don't know who you are, but do give any tips you have!

stickstones,

Bemuse

Yesterday afternoon I made weed butter with a half cup vaped weed and a half cup medium grade weed.

I added the cup of weed to about a pound and a half of butter. I will say that the smell the weed produced was somewhat sickening to me. The smell was a real turn off for me. This morning I removed the weed butter from the fridge and removed it from the sludge that it was floating on top of and made some brownies.

I was worried about the taste because the butter still had a very strong smell about it but once the brownies were baked, most of the smell and taste had gone away.

I ate 1 brownie and waited an hour and then had another half and I have to say, this stuff fucked me up for a good four hours and kept me buzzing for another 3. It is 7 hours later and I am still feeling it.:p

Bemuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Sweet! I have about 1 1/4 oz of brown, vaped weed. About two to three times more used than vtac's. That much should make for some tasty treats!

stickstones,

Bemuse

If you decide to make brownies with it, be sure to get a bag of M&M's and sprinkle them on the top. :p

Always a good idea to make a normal batch, also. Munchies will happen and you don't want to go crazy on the "Enchanted Brownies". :o

Bemuse,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
Sweet! I have about 1 1/4 oz of brown, vaped weed. About two to three times more used than vtac's. That much should make for some tasty treats!
Yeah I have a big bag of brown vap poo as well. I make a local favorite 'Anzac' cookies. I just have to hide them from the kids :o

vaporcloud,

tokinGLX

stickstones said:
I had someone tell me they take their vaped herb and gently grind it in a mortar and pedestal. Then he uses it again and again (repeating the process) until it finally feels like sand. You ever do something like this, or do you just save it up for cooking, etc?
towards the latter half of the bowl, ill take my little scissors and keeping them closed, reach into the bowl and bust up the herb mortar and pestle style. take my last hits and the bowl is spent.

ive made tea with my leftovers before...it is quick and easy. the taste and smell definitely arent what they are with greenbuds, thats for sure.

tokinGLX,

Spiderman

oil baron
You can do it, but it wont be pleasant gettin the tea down....
Your best bet will prly be to make some oil out of the vaped stuff (try the QWISO tech, using isopropanyl and only about 10 seconds of wash time, shorter the better) and then just throw your whole oil batch into some brownies or cookies. Takes two minutes to dissolve the oil in the butter or vegetable oil in the recipe, then just make them like normal.

Using the vaped remains directly in cooking will give you a very strong taste of vaped weed, that stale popcorny off-taste. remember, we're gettin the very last little bits out of some pretty planty material at this point, so dont overdo it.

Spiderman,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
ozwiz said:
Tea ? I agree do tell . :o
Once working as a bank teller, i served a police officer whilst my Herb tea was infussing behind me Nice,He walked away none the wiser:)
My take on cooknig/infussing with butter/oil is the more the active THC the better the outcome,I'm thinking the Extreme is getting about 95 percent of the magic, & that doesn't leave a lot to play with, Years ago my biscuts were nice 2 oz per 500 gram of butter(best bud available) and they were decent bikies that would knock a novice of thier ass, but not me, on the hand my cuzz used 9 ounces of filth for his block of butter and doooode, i bikie had Me in scary mode @ the shopping centre with my bro seriously paranoid, just go for the ride hey:lol:

Cannabudz,

vapedcrusader

I used my vaped leftovers for brownies. 10+ grams will make a nice pan. I especially like them for airplane trips because of 2 reasons:

1) I've taken them through security time and time again, but they're just brownies right?

2) They allow me to go to sleep so easily. I think this is because it's mainly the cannabinoids/body high chemicals left after you vape off call the THC.

I'd be interested to see what people think of #2...

vapedcrusader,
Top Bottom