• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Remember: Sundays Is Glass Cleaning Day!

2clicker

Observer
i just did this. and i mean 5 mins ago.

my tube gets a hot water rinse after every use. so far i havent noticed any buildup of any kind using it vape style. there is a slight slight oder, but its hardly noticeable.

the screens in my wands get popped out, scraped off and put back in (upsidedown). this is done weekly.

thanks for the heads up though

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
2clicker said:
i just did this. and i mean 5 mins ago.

my tube gets a hot water rinse after every use. so far i havent noticed any buildup of any kind using it vape style. there is a slight slight oder, but its hardly noticeable.

the screens in my wands get popped out, scraped off and put back in (upsidedown).

thanks for the heads up though
You rinse your tube after every use? Hat's off to you, bro! :D I wish I knew a way to reclaim the honey oil produced by the EQV's narrow elbow and tubes?

Pappy,

getvaked

done and done :D

Simple_Green.gif

getvaked,

getvaked

Pappy said:
getvaked said:
Is it better than ISO and Salt?

IMO, yes. using ISO a lot can get spendy and a bottle of simple green like the one pictured is ~6 bucks at wal mart. it's completely harmless and biodegradable and come's in concentrate form. and it's reusable. here's a pretty good before/after pic of using simple green from this thread:
http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/435071-simple-green-grunge-off-way-cheaper-pics-inside.html

Before:
dirtyk.jpg

After:
img1837e.jpg

getvaked,

Pappy

shmaporist
getvaked said:
Pappy said:
getvaked said:

IMO, yes. using ISO a lot can get spendy and a bottle of simple green like the one pictured is ~6 bucks at wal mart. it's completely harmless and biodegradable and come's in concentrate form. and it's reusable. here's a pretty good before/after pic of using simple green from this thread:
http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/435071-simple-green-grunge-off-way-cheaper-pics-inside.html

Before:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7051/dirtyk.jpg

After:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5061/img1837e.jpg
Thanks. :) Been looking for an alternative. I'll give it a try. Someone also mention OxiClean but I haven't tried it.

If anyone has a secret glass cleaner or a glass cleaning secret please let us know!

Pappy,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
i do a hour long Grunge Off soak every week if not twice a week. I also rotate what piece Im using as well to kindof even the dirty-ness out.
GO seems to work waaaay better than anything else Ive tried but its not exactly cheap. I havent tried simple green yet myself but from what ive read on other glass sites GO still out performs it. I was an iso/salt person and didnt think GO would be able to live up to the hype and it def did.

i do however keep a bottle of iso around because you can relaim stuff with iso. Anything with vapor resin can be soaked in iso until its clean then the iso can be evaporated off in a dish and your left with qwiso. Its not as potent as bho but still gets the job done and is consumed in the same ways. Ive also done the same thing cleaning my grinder and got some serious results as well.

oxyclean works as well but ive heard mixed results with it. If you get hard water stains (white rings) you can try CLR but watch labels because it will eat them.

Either way, keep you shit clean, dirty pipes are nasty

minnesnowta,

hereatlast

Hot water is a good day to day rinse for me but I do ISO (no salt) about once a week. I stopped using salt when I started vaping, if it goes more than a week or two some Kosher is always good.

I've heard that Cascade and LOTS of continuous shaking (maybe two 30 minute intervals?) takes care of hard-water stains and makes glass sparkle but I've never tried myself.

hereatlast,

JustinOG

Zen Vapist
getvaked said:
Pappy said:
getvaked said:

Uber disagree! 1 bottle of 70% costs me ~2 and will last me for atleast 6 or 7 cleanings. Use the ISO sparingly people, it only takes a little. And always remember more salt than iso, the salt is the real powerhouse (abrasive.)

JustinOG,

Chiefer

Medicine Man
Like some else said Grunge off is the best even tho ive never used it. Ive read alot good things and its reuseable which is nice. Simple Green ive read eats at labels if i remember right. I would buy some GO but i only have Roor 250 which is only foot tall so a little iso is all i need.

Chiefer,

2clicker

Observer
for whats its worth i used Grunge Off once when just outta high school (97) and ive never considered it since.

we were cleaning a 2 foot glass graphix (yup i said it) swivel head tube. anyway, we followed directions as per the bottle and the result was less than acceptable. basically for about the next 2 months the tube tasted HORRIBLE. it eventually wore off and we never had a problem after that... after discontinuing the use of Grunge Off.

this is however the only case of this ive ever read or heard. alot of people use it, but there are other options.

2clicker,

wolf torn

my glass needs some attention bad

could I use that green stuff on my eq tubes without it ruining them?

wolf torn,

getvaked

you can use simple green with any glass and get it sparkly clean with no leftover tastes. if you want to use it on vape tubing i really have no idea :ninja:

getvaked,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
2clicker said:
for whats its worth i used Grunge Off once when just outta high school (97) and ive never considered it since.

we were cleaning a 2 foot glass graphix (yup i said it) swivel head tube. anyway, we followed directions as per the bottle and the result was less than acceptable. basically for about the next 2 months the tube tasted HORRIBLE. it eventually wore off and we never had a problem after that... after discontinuing the use of Grunge Off.

this is however the only case of this ive ever read or heard. alot of people use it, but there are other options.

ummm how did you have grunge off 10 years before it was even created :uhoh:. Im pretty sure you used something else.

http://grungeoff.com/supersoaker/index.htm

Ive had the same bottle of grunge off for 8 months and everything is still coming out completely prerfect. I combust out of my shit as well from time to time and it has no problem then either. After cleaning there is a slight citrus taste but if you rinse properly or take one pull its non existent.

I also like not having to shake my glass. Just let that shit soak for awhile and it does everything for you.

minnesnowta,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
If you have piece with multiple percs and the hard to clean ones are dirty put some cleaner in that perc then put a vacuum on the mouth piece and turn it on.. Watch that shit bubble!

If you have ever tried that with lung power you know it's a terrible experience.

bluntfaced,

2clicker

Observer
minnesnowta said:
ummm how did you have grunge off 10 years before it was even created :uhoh:. Im pretty sure you used something else.

nope it was a product specifically called Grunge Off. ill never forget that name. in fact ive got pics from around 97 with the bottle in them.

now the Grunge Off you linked to may be made by a completely different company. if i remember correctly the label and logo was different. and honestly i dont see anywhere on that site that says when they created Grunge Off, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if the original maker went under due to the product being garbage.

it was most definitely a product called Grunge Off though.

2clicker,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
On the bottom of the page it says established in 2007. This grung off was created by RooR USA which is no more. Try this grunge off. I guarantee you won't have the same experience.

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Best glass cleaners IMO are

1. Grunge Off
2. Simple Green

3 . ISO and salt

I prefer Grunge Off because it is easier to rinse than Simple Green and requires less time to soak but if I don't have GO, I have no issues using Simple Green

I clean after every other day of usage... I like my glass looking so fresh and so clean, clean

stonemonkey55,

2clicker

Observer
minnesnowta said:
On the bottom of the page it says established in 2007. This grung off was created by RooR USA which is no more. Try this grunge off. I guarantee you won't have the same experience.

i emailed the company to see if they could shed some light. they did...

"GO Super Soaker has been marketed for a little over two years now. The "original" Grunge Off has been around since the 1970's and is still on our menu. Various other versions were introduced during the 1990's."

due to the popularity of users, especially on this site ima give it another go. that many vape heads cant be wrong right? :lol: at least try the newer 2 year old formula...

2clicker,

wolf torn

cleaned my bong yesterday

thought of this thread

must clean more thanks for the reminder

wolf torn,
Top Bottom