Remember: Sundays Is Glass Cleaning Day!

hereatlast

Well-Known Member
I've used soap before but it doesn't cut through the 'grime' the way ISO does, it's also much harder to get rid of all those bubbles (more rinsing means more of a chance to break IMO).

Never used other chemicals other than ISO but I can imagine they work well, definitely need to rinse well though.

Pappy, I have the same experience with the greasy residue even after one session (usually several hits), could be high quality herb or just the nature of the beast? Either way, its like night and day between that and clean glass plus water. If I leave it too long the residue seems to come together in little deposits, yuck.


Gotta clean my bubbler now. :lol:
 
hereatlast,

2clicker

we out there
Accessory Maker
hereatlast said:
Pappy, I have the same experience with the greasy residue even after one session (usually several hits), could be high quality herb or just the nature of the beast?

how are you guys vape bonging?

are you using a whip to a vape, or are you using a wand style vape and bringing it directly to the bong

since using a wand style vape w/ bong and reg slide bowl i have obviously been accumulating residual vapor to the inside of the slide and in the downstem. i have also noticed more buildup inside my beaker when going this route than when using a whip.

could this be the difference...?
 
2clicker,

BL4ZE

Well-Known Member
I see some of you don't like that idea of using something like simple green or grunge off. Is it really that bad of an idea?
It seems i've got some hard water stains or something in my tubes right around my water level and iso n salt just won't remove it.
So i've picked up some simple green, just can't use it till I get some kind of stopper. It just bugs me with my glass being dirty so i'd like to get it clean in some way. I'm thinking about getting one of those foam like cleaning brush's that you use on aquariums and such so that I can scrub a little.
As long as I rinse well with simple green I should be able to get out everything correct? I don't wanna leave some residue from the cleaner and then go vaping through it. :o
 
BL4ZE,

Pappy

shmaporist
BL4ZE said:
As long as I rinse well with simple green I should be able to get out everything correct? I don't wanna leave some residue from the cleaner and then go vaping through it.
Rinse well, no residue! Simple green rocks but I mix it up with ISO... I use ISO 80% of the time and SG the other 20%.
 
Pappy,

mintberrycrunch

New Member
I've tried simple green to clean my pipes and it does a good job but I really didn't like the smell. Went with grunge off and it feels like it does a faster job then Simple Green.
 
mintberrycrunch,

hereatlast

Well-Known Member
Just ordered some rubber and cork stoppers to cap my 14mm joints, usually don't need to soak but got a couple hard-to-rid spots that will be best dealt with by a nice long rinse.

Never used it before but think I'm gonna give the GO a shot as well just in case...any recommended online retailers?
 
hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

Well-Known Member
hmm, have never need to get GO online, but I know that AquaLab and Freshheadies sells em

PS: I have tried other cleaning methods and I find GO SS to be the best one! I just let it soak for less then an hour and then rinse well(reuse the GO). Soaking with SG takes a billion times longer! I save the SG for around the house type of applications(works very well for that!)
 
Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
GO convert here. I bought a six pack @ LHS last month. Lebowski drank two all on his own! I switch the GO up with ISO. My glass glistens!
 
Pappy,
Top Bottom