Recyclers - Discussion and Appreciation

Ripstar

@Bob Loblaw I'm pretty sure he got it from this guy on IG. I've never used him myself but he's always posting nice looking stuff. I'd love to know what they're going for. I asked the seller but haven't heard back yet.

http://instagram.com/doubleaa80
Man, how do you go about getting a piece from that guy?

It seems so damn difficult to find a abundance of any recycler. Trying to find a Earl Jr piece too but no luck.
I did find a Mike D recycler below but not sure on the size. Says 8" but looks smaller.
http://www.42degreesglass.com/shop/artist-miked/worked-mini-recycler-14mm-6/

The piece you listed looks nicer than the Mike D piece though.

way2

@Ripstar
I used KiK to get in touch with him his KiK=Chitownboro. He seems like a nice guy in the few conversations I've had with him. He's always posting nice rigs on IG at decent prices. A few members here have purchased from him without any issues. Good luck!

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
doubleAA is a great guy. I mean it too. Not just a great seller, a great guy.
I am currently buying a piece from him and having a very good discussion about medical cannabis.

@Ripstar, I will PM you his email addy. I don't like posting people's email in public forums. I too was confused by how to get ahold of him.. lol... I am old and things like KiK scare and confuse me :D...

Ripstar

Find This Recycler and I'd assume you'd be set.. It's a Preston Hanna.. Blows for SGW, makes their waffle perc.. Designed this Super Sick Worked inline to recycler to inline to swiss perc/splashguard.. Saw on Instagram last night, they had a water test video (was on my phone) now that I'm on laptop I can only find this Pic.. it's the second one from the left though.. So sharp!!
e1caaa20775911e3a7950e1d51678712_8.jpg

I have a video I think I made of my MikeD from 42Degrees.. I will see if I can edit it and post sometime today.. Been having issues getting my videos edited though to post on here recently.. Will get on it.
How do you like your Mike D? Those Preston pieces look nice man!

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I have a Mike D, for the cost, nice rig. I have turned a couple onto it and they are happy. and its about 8", but does have a smaller can, but a nice rig. I would buy again...

Ok So those hydrotube recyclers are Gordo Scientific made. Yes Gordon doesn't sell to individuals, but I have bought from him since I bought several together. If there is an interest to get one from several member perhaps I can order a set wholesale and just split it between us :) just cost additional shipping unless you are close to Portland. Gordon does excellent work from my experience.

Ripstar

I would probably be interested in one, depends on pricing though. AA is such a great dude, it's hard not wanting to support him. My Recycler will be here this week sometime!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Yea, no offense, I'd rather give DoubleAA80 my business, he's good people and always has gone above and beyond for me. :2c:

Silver420Surfer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@PhotoRider --- If you are referring to me in your above post, your last sentence is WAY out of line. You should go back and read my post again, because the person implying anything or trying to cast any reflections sure as hell isn't me. Nor was ANY part of it disrespectful to you, or implying anything about you.

If anything, your response was quite smug. Assuming that I am overpaying without even knowing what I paid for a half dozen or so GS pieces(not all at once, multiple orders).

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: ogcook

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
actually, i completely disagree. you seem to have misunderstood him completely.
tone of voice has been assumed by you to be smug.
who cares what you've paid. all he is doing is offering to group some business together and go straight to the blower to save people who want to join in some cash. and that if you prefer to give a middle man his due, that is your prerogative as well.
where is all this hate coming from?

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
@PhotoRider --- If you are referring to me in your above post, your last sentence is WAY out of line. You should go back and read my post again, because the person implying anything or trying to cast any reflections sure as hell isn't me. Nor was ANY part of it disrespectful to you, or implying anything about you.

If anything, your response was quite smug. Assuming that I am overpaying without even knowing what I paid for a half dozen or so GS pieces(not all at once, multiple orders).

This is for everyone, I'm not trying to single out S420S.

I think Photorider might have chosen his words more carefully, but I don't think he was being smug there.

When we assume tone in an internet post, intended meanings can get distorted.

Let's give each other the benefit of the doubt here, ok?

:peace:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Pretty cut and dry, Bob. No hate mentioned or implied anywhere AT ALL. I thought I uderstood the offer made by PR and responded pretty much like the guy before me. This thread, the last 2 pages, has been members talking about a guy on Instagram who a few members have gotten pieces from. We have been discussing our experiences doing business with him.

My post was not inciting any negativity towards anyone. Then I see PR reply by saying "this route isn't a reflection on him like you seem to have made it."
Which implies I am out to "make" something by my post or start trouble. Which is the last thing I was trying to do, no insults were made or intended, nor any apsersions were cast. I am not or was not trying to be a dick or difficult or anything. Just replied to a public offer made.

At the end I made mention of smugness, maybe I was wrong, but I still am not hating on PR at all, Bob.
But remove my last comment about smug, that still doesn't answer why PR is alluding to my doing something in his last sentence. If I misunderstood PR's last sentence, I am sorry. But at this point, I feel he is calling me out for doing something that I didn't do or mean.

@Stu---Voice of reason...thank you.
Benefit of the doubt given. Said my peace and it's over.

Sorry for the slight disruption, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled recycler talk.

next level

SS420 I had thoughts similar to yours about going through DoubleAA. Tried for over a week to buy that second Recycler HT. Thought she was mine and turns out he sold it to someone else. Waste of time, effort, etc....

He also informed me Gordo would not be blowing anymore. So PhotoRider if you can I would like to get one.

PhotoRider

ok, whatever SS.

Actually I felt attacked, very.

I read that Gordon doesn't sell direct so I offered to be a deal together. I get nothing out of it. You reply was oh i prefer to support the middle man because he is good. OK, fair enough, but I made no reference to him or anything against him. Moreover, you will pay more, middlemen need profit.

As I said, that's ok, but I did not make this about the seller, just as the offer to the members. You seem to done that. This is a new glass thread, not a thread about the seller, so why two page reference.

I'm done. screw this. offer a favor and i feel attacked. I would say more, but my morals are kicking in. No benefit of the doubt here and an immediate poor response. fuck this, seriously. I'm very hurt.

Bottomline, the way i saw it was this. I offered a possible deal, and you prefer to buy from that seller. OK, fair enough, but why the public post in response to my offer. I took that as I was referencing something about that seller to hurt him. I saw no other reason to reply with that content. its a fact you brought the seller into the issue when I made no reference to him. So i wondered about the motivation here. I took this less than positive and still do.
I choose my words carefully and stand by them.

members, i'll finish the contests, but I need a break from FC now.

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
ok, whatever SS.

Actually I felt attacked, very.

I read that Gordon doesn't sell direct so I offered to be a deal together. I get nothing out of it. You reply was oh i prefer to support the middle man because he is good. OK, fair enough, but I made no reference to him or anything against him. Moreover, you will pay more, middlemen need profit.

As I said, that's ok, but I did not make this about the seller, just as the offer to the members. You seem to done that. This is a new glass thread, not a thread about the seller, so why two page reference.

I'm done. screw this. offer a favor and i feel attacked. I would say more, but my morals are kicking in. No benefit of the doubt here and an immediate poor response. fuck this, seriously. I'm very hurt.

Bottomline, the way i saw it was this. I offered a possible deal, and you prefer to buy from that seller. OK, fair enough, but why the public post in response to my offer. I took that as I was referencing something about that seller to hurt him. I saw no other reason to reply with that content. its a fact you brought the seller into the issue when I made no reference to him. So i wondered about the motivation here. I took this less than positive and still do.
I choose my words carefully and stand by them.

members, i'll finish the contests, but I need a break from FC now.

Dude, PR, this community would be much poorer without you in it.
I think it's not presumptive of me to say I speak for 99.9% of the members here in saying we need your contributions to keep this place, especially the glass forum, as good as it is.
You have a lot of knowledge and inside info that is invaluable to us G.A.S heads.
Stay man, please.

WaxOnWaxOff

Dude, PR, this community would be much poorer without you in it.
I think it's not presumptive of me to say I speak for 99.9% of the members here in saying we need your contributions to keep this place, especially the glass forum, as good as it is.
You have a lot of knowledge and inside info that is invaluable to us G.A.S heads.
Stay man, please.
What he said! We all think very highly of you ( no pun intended)

Ripstar

ok, wasn't suggesting anything bad, Gordon makes them so just taking out the middle man to save cost. If you want to pay extra to support him, your decision of course. But this route isn't a reflection on him like you seem to have made it.

I was very confused, it wasn't a diss at you. I thought I would be purchasing from somone else and still be charged extra. Sorry about that, I would most definitely be interested if that is the case!

PhotoRider

oh, i was just throwing up an idea that if we got enough people together who wanted a recycler hydrotube piece, perhaps we could do a order direct with Gordon. Everyone pays true cost, nobody makes money, but Gordon and the shippers :) Basically a group wholesale order... I have not talked to him and wouldn't unless there was enough interest. Moreover, not trying to steal business from no one else either. Just saw some interest and have bought from Gordon before so offered to do the leg work. That's all :)

I in no way am a dealer, seller or in the business doing this. Like you I'm a consumer and wish to stay that way :) things come in and never leave :)

OK, a Sasha Hess recycler - talk about major heady work on this piece...

Sasha_Hess_InLine_Recycler-1.jpg
Sasha_Hess_InLine_Recycler-2.jpg
Sasha_Hess_InLine_Recycler-3.jpg
Sasha_Hess_InLine_Recycler-4.jpg

Last edited:

JoeKickass

OK, a Sasha Hess recycler - talk about major heady work on this piece...
How about a Blazemaster Dual Recycler...
Epic! Love Sasha's :mmmm:

It is! 9-10" is the size of all the Mothership Torus/Klein incyclers. I think that's about the maximum size you'll get enough consistent stackage (with some restriction) so the incycler part functions. He probably could make it bigger for you but you might end up with just a gridded donut except on test pulls.
Yeah I think I must have been :spliff: plus the weird angle of the video and I thought it was like 3" tall :lol:

TheSkipper

Smooth sailing while I'm inhaling... VAPOR
I just learned how to post pics. Still working on a video but heres my most recent buy. A Gordon Scientifc HT from AA (who happens to be reallly awesome also). I really love this thing. Its kind of hard not to hit it
3BSjtzT.jpg

Xv0ZjxL.jpg

I7HCQCH.jpg

rNpV4PR.jpg

Last edited:

PhotoRider

I just learned how to post pics. Still working on a video but heres my most recent buy. A Goron
EDIT: MODS I know this is apropriate because its a recycler but I meant to stick it recent aquisitions. Is it possible you could move it for me. Thanks.:lol:
Scientifc HT from AA (who happens to be reallly awesome also). I really love this thing. Its kind of hard not to hit it
3BSjtzT.jpg

Xv0ZjxL.jpg

I7HCQCH.jpg

rNpV4PR.jpg
just post it again in the other thread, sick glass like this need two posts :)

Top Bottom