• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
By cold I originally meant a device that has a coil that has not been heated for an indetermined amount of time and is room temperature.

60 degrees is about as cold as it will ever get 😅 🤷🏽‍♂️
Oh I totally understood. I’m a wuss and baby my Splinters, was just giving Boulder a hard time about suggesting that I subject my babies to the harsh conditions of the world outside the house.

StringTheorista

Sharing a storage hack I discovered: the tubes that M&M minis come in are
great for storing stems. The large size tube fits my phineas long glass stem, and the shorter ones fit the standard stems with room to spare. Perfect fit for my stem from Alan at toasty-top. About $1, plus you get candy 😉
59-AAB938-FD10-4-E1-D-955-B-593476-F0-D248.jpg
662-DA0-B7-E13-D-47-B7-AA29-75-F06479-FC88.jpg

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

So happy I decided to check when I woke up this morning
The V1 was nothing special in the RBT hierarchy and certainly no better than a V2. I mean they still work great on arctic fox mods and blind test I doubt I could tell between a V1 and 2 unless the draw was notably more open on the latter.

The square edged og Splinter had thick glass for style points at least but was always the most hot spotty of my dozen or more Splinters.

I have two backup V2s to list on the classifieds and they're both on istick rim c mods with Arctic Fox and the V2 profile already installed if I'm allowed to say that here

eideal852

The V1 was nothing special in the RBT hierarchy and certainly no better than a V2. I mean they still work great on arctic fox mods and blind test I doubt I could tell between a V1 and 2 unless the draw was notably more open on the latter.

The square edged og Splinter had thick glass for style points at least but was always the most hot spotty of my dozen or more Splinters.

I have two backup V2s to list on the classifieds and they're both on istick rim c mods with Arctic Fox and the V2 profile already installed if I'm allowed to say that here
are the og US Splinters V'd? I always assume chinese v1/2s

eideal852,

eideal852

Splinter V1, V2, V1 plus are all China, US splinters are just splinters (he did not say anything to indicate otherwise, he described the US OG splinters as squared off though not all of them were)
Nah bossman didnt, but that EE post was for a "v1" but it was NOT a china (blue glass, square top, serial base) just curious.
that said, v1 (2, + etc) is a tricky "official" model number as v. is what anyone would normally append to something just out of habit.

oh yeah, I much pefer my two 'jina v1s to the v2s I have...

eideal852,
Reactions: bossman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Nah bossman didnt, but that EE post was for a "v1" but it was NOT a china (blue glass, square top, serial base) just curious.
that said, v1 (2, + etc) is a tricky "official" model number as v. is what anyone would normally append to something just out of habit.

oh yeah, I much pefer my two 'jina v1s to the v2s I have...

Yeah but that's the naming system that was used, I can't speak to that EE post, I didn't see it, but people often are inaccurate with those postings because they don't know what they have exactly and there was so much variation and different naming conventions, plus there are modified units, I'm fairly certain Mark has made V1 with colored glass replacements... But yeah numbers on the bottom and the shape would indicate it is a OG US splinter especially with the color glass, so the person calling it a V1 is simply incorrect, technically :tup:

FearAndLawyering

apologies for going slightly off topic but I think the two (splinter and arctic fox) are like peanut butter and jelly

I noticed recently the AF developer is Ukrainian and he mentioned in a recent post the town hes staying in, ( ) I looked and hes like 100 miles from the fighting. I reached out to him about sending him money - https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/monetary-support.5229 and he was open to it. I can't think of any better time to show appreciation so I sold one of my woodscents and sent him the money.

LooseCucumber

Rode the v2 pretty hard the last few months. I had made my way back to wattage bc my AF was acting up, and it was fun/different but surprise combustion can be a b*tch. Unfortunately, I went to vape a bowl today and got the atomizer short message. Is this avoidable? This was my main setup out of the house. Anyway, I'm thankful for the BF BOGO deal Ryan had.

LooseCucumber

When I get this (rarely) I can usually resolve it by taking the Z off the mod and putting it back on. Once I also needed to tighten the screw a bit. But I need to say that each of my Splinters has it's own mod and I rarely take them off...

Back in business, thank you! I should've remembered that tip. I think what threw me off was the "atomizer short" message, rather than it just not registering on the mod.

eideal852

Back in business, thank you! I should've remembered that tip. I think what threw me off was the "atomizer short" message, rather than it just not registering on the mod.

phew!
what I always do, and you can try too, is to say "shit!" then move onto something else, quickly, only to remember weeks later. then, if you're lucky, the universe will have made it work.
alternately, dig in deep, immediately, and start taking the damn thing apart already... it'll either work or get worse. either way, youre over your head.

attackpoints

I got a tinymight recently and I do enjoy it, but it started to remind me of hitting the Z. I find myself reaching for it now like it's brand new. Such a great device. I really enjoy its efficiency. Maybe I will pick up a stem from phineas for it after all.

Hope everyone is having a great night 🌙🍃

Top Bottom