Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

NimChimpsky

NimChimpsky

Nim, you’re a font of information, thanks! I know Ed and Milliken, who is Alan please (name of his site)? That stem sounds gorgeous
Happy to help, I owe the other users here for any knowledge I might have! Alan's site is https://toasty-top.com/tubes.html you can view the roasting tube configurations on this page (so many options). You can shoot him an email at alan@toasty-top.com to see which woods he has available for the stem type you want. I wanted a longer one with a 10mm glass mp, these were the options he had on hand.
From left to right. Walnut, maple, maple, maple, curly koa, amboyna burl, amboyna burl, padauk.

Each tube listing will say which devices it works with (RBT, iHeat, Tubo, etc) These should all fit any RBT device :tup:

Last edited:

StringTheorista

Is there anyone here who still uses this in wattage mode? I’m a Mac-owning noob to mods, and am fine with continuing in wattage mode to learn my way around this device. (All the discussion of foxes and pandas and locking settings and virtual machines to upgrade firmware on a Mac just feels way to complex for me atm.)

So watt-gang, if you’re there: Do you tend to step up wattage as you go on a bowl, or start higher and step down, or just stay at one wattage? Thanks for any input.

(ps: I‘m a lightweight, don’t need super heavy hits, don’t care about clouds. Enjoying this for flavor and mild to moderate effects. I’ve been experimenting at different watts, looking for the sweet spot. I have the Blackwood splinter and a vaporesso tarot nano mod. Got this as a nice deal from a dynavap-world buddy.)

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Discount code for anyone in need of a Tubo/AF compatible mod https://cheapvaping.deals/wismec-reuleaux-rx-gen3-230w-dual-box-mod-kit
Good looking out Canik! I haven't seen the venerable RX Gen3 Dual on sale anywhere in a minute. I love the size and performance of that mod for a Splinter. @BigJr48 you gonna get one to see how it compares to your VTC Dual?
Is there anyone here who still uses this in wattage mode? I’m a Mac-owning noob to mods, and am fine with continuing in wattage mode to learn my way around this device. (All the discussion of foxes and pandas and locking settings and virtual machines to upgrade firmware on a Mac just feels way to complex for me atm.)

So watt-gang, if you’re there: Do you tend to step up wattage as you go on a bowl, or start higher and step down, or just stay at one wattage? Thanks for any input.

(ps: I‘m a lightweight, don’t need super heavy hits, don’t care about clouds. Enjoying this for flavor and mild to moderate effects. I’ve been experimenting at different watts, looking for the sweet spot. I have the Blackwood splinter and a vaporesso tarot nano mod. Got this as a nice deal from a dynavap-world buddy.)
Yeah like @BigJr48 was saying, you can get great results from a V2 in wattage from around 28 to 37W. If you can get an Arctic Fox compatible mod like that one @CanikUser19 linked it's only the initial config that's a bit annoying but then you have one great vape that works too noticeably different ways. I hardly ever use wattage on my Splinter Zs but even Ryan (the inventor of the Splinter) pretty much never fucks with tc so you're not the only one who can't be bothered lol.

The eleaf istick rim c is another good choice for arctic fox. You can wait and do it down the road too though. I wouldn't bother running an emulator on a mac just for that yeah

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Sounds like we have similar vaping styles. I too live in a Mac only household and did not want to go down the road of figuring out the NFE workaround for Mac install. So I borrowed a friend’s Windows PC, installed the firmware in about 5mins, and was up and running. I eventually hit @bossman up for his profiles and have never looked back at wattage mode on my Splinters. I just prefer knowing the temps I’m vaping at (and knowing the firmware works well at maintaining temp), and the autofire feature. I know this doesn’t help if you’re dead set on sticking with wattage, but just my two cents. Regardless, keep enjoying that Splinter.

badbee

Is there anyone here who still uses this in wattage mode?
All the time, I tried TC and it really didn't add anything so I went back to wattage. For me there is a natural temp stepping that occurs as things warm up. Temperature can be driven higher or lower via inhale rate and length. For me, and my non-DNA P80 mod, TC just interferes with that direct control.

I have a Z on an extension and a small globe and run it at 39-40 Watts, haven't used the v2 in a while but used to run it around 31-32 W (I think). I don't think I have ever combusted with a Splinter, the challenge with the Z is going easy enough to get more than 2 hits.

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I’m a Mac-owning noob to mods, and... all the discussion of foxes and pandas on a Mac just feels way to complex for me atm.
I was in the same boat as you. This guy created a virtual machine running a Windows desktop preloaded with NFE tools (plus an AF config for DTVs IIRC).

If you have ~10GB free, just download his machine and follow instructions. Dead simple.

Ironically, after I saw how user-friendly his was, I downloaded VMware and built my own.

Last edited:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I tried TCR mode during beta testing. I decided it wasn't worth it and I've used only wattage ever since. I start at 20W and step up 5W at a time to 30W. I don't need to go higher. Using it on a bubbler so I could see the output, I've found that all that happens when I go higher is that the flavour goes harsh faster and the load gets used up quicker. The cloud density does not get thicker, and as it dries out you start risking combustion.

GoldenBud

I tried TCR mode during beta testing. I decided it wasn't worth it and I've used only wattage ever since. I start at 20W and step up 5W at a time to 30W. I don't need to go higher. Using it on a bubbler so I could see the output, I've found that all that happens when I go higher is that the flavour goes harsh faster and the load gets used up quicker. The cloud density does not get thicker, and as it dries out you start risking combustion.
Agreed.
if you inhale slow-medium, and don't want the super-fast rips, 30W can be the maximum (think about the Splinter/Z as a bigger log, most logs don't need more than 15W)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I got busted earlier for linking to an external sale or I would have done the same lol.

Well it depends how and where you do it, it's fine in this case because it is the manufacturer selling them, it is the only place to buy them, and this is a thread for a discontinued product, I mean we were talking and sharing various second hand market splinters, and even the cosmic xtractor here, for that reason without issue... But anyway I actually didn't even paste the link above, that is just a picture! Since the way you order is not even through Instagram, you just email him, snatch em up folks! :tup:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
If I didn't have multiple Splinters I would be thinking seriously about one, given that they are no longer available. I still find them to be among the best vapes out there. After my TM I think his are the best battery vapes I own.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I got busted earlier for linking to an external sale or I would have done the same lol.

To be clear, your link was to a personal sale that could have been you evading our rule about restricting sales to Classifieds. We have no way to know who the seller is, but we do know it's been tried in the past from reports by potential customers. @Shit Snacks is correct about links to manufacturer sales.

4everpushingaboulder

To be clear, your link was to a personal sale that could have been you evading our rule about restricting sales to Classifieds. We have no way to know who the seller is, but we do know it's been tried in the past from reports by potential customers. @Shit Snacks is correct about links to manufacturer sales.
Thanks for the clarification. I was being safe, while also making sure people could find the sale. Clearly it worked! :D

Top Bottom