• Attachment/image uploading is temporarily disabled.

Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LAANAAAAAAA
PXL-20211003-001237734.jpg

Need to get it dialed in, this ZV2 runs hot, the resistance here came set at 0.45 for the Z profile, I was running 0.41 on my red panda espeon and it was still hot lol this bowl I had a hit at 380, another at 364, another 348, blackened by then and for me personally I want to avoid that! This mod and base setup however, well it is indeed pretty nice...:nod::D Thanks again @FearAndLawyering! :bowdown: :cool:

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
PXL-20211003-001237734.jpg

NeedI to get it dialed in, this ZV2 runs hot, the resistance here came set at 0.45 for the Z profile, I was running 0.41 on my red panda espeon and it was still hot lol this bowl I had a hit at 380, another at 364, another 348, blackened by then and for me personally I want to avoid that! This mod and base setup however, well it is indeed pretty nice...:nod::D Thanks again @FearAndLawyering! :bowdown: :cool:
I’m not opposed to this set up by any means. In fact I’m very intrigued. Is the main advantage the desktop/handsfree type experience? Or am I missing other advantages?

Shit Snacks

I’m not opposed to this set up by any means. In fact I’m very intrigued. Is the main advantage the desktop/handsfree type experience? Or am I missing other advantages?

Oh, well for me not that, though that could be one! I like to use mine upside down, so I don't have to worry about any crumbs falling, and I am usually using through a J hook or water, so this is much more comfortable to hold and ergonomic form factor with whatever glass piece... Yeah it makes everything more stable and compact, shorter, he does offer different bases for different mods I believe, though these are what he has available selling right now!

FearAndLawyering

ergonomics is the main thing. i find it to be much nicer to use, almost like a cup of coffee. there’s an air gap between the heater and the mod/batteries. it is shorter and wider so i feel less worried about the mod falling over/breakage. a splinter on a mod with a cooling stem is very tall and narrow.

I like to hold the stem and spin the base/mod as i hit it, get more even extraction. it is more balanced for using upside down with a wpa.

summarize: easier to use, and extend the durability of your mod/splinter

you will need to relock cold ohms when switching splinters

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

Some of those were repairs for people / werent mine to sell (if you look closely you can see some of the regular splinters with replacement 22 or 26 glass poking out). Some of those are already spoken for - Z's are long gone. I'll probably kit the other regular splinters out.

I do have extra paired mods+bases though. Im moving in a different direction though as I sell through inventory. Bought a bunch of woodworking and metalworking tools lol.

Sneak peak:

What's up with the heater internals in that first pic? They look like they've been sitting in hard water, or is it just the lighting?

SquirrelMaster,

FearAndLawyering

What's up with the heater internals in that first pic? They look like they've been sitting in hard water, or is it just the lighting?
white dust on the glass? these are a work in progress shot (pre grinding the inside for the oven screens) and before cleaning (it’s dust from cutting)

FearAndLawyering,

Shit Snacks

PXL-20211003-194054990.jpg

Oh yeah, got it dialed in now I think, locked my resistance to .419Ω and watts limit to 50w, 380F through a hook then 440F through water (check the cheap glass thread for more photos and details on this nice new heady aquatic rig I got from china), working well with autofire for around 15 second hits... Finally this ZV2 can really shine!

mchilty

What TCR are you running with with these latest settings?

PXL-20211003-194054990.jpg

Oh yeah, got it dialed in now I think, locked my resistance to .419Ω and watts limit to 50w, 380F through a hook then 440F through water (check the cheap glass thread for more photos and details on this nice new heady aquatic rig I got from china), working well with autofire for around 15 second hits... Finally this ZV2 can really shine!

mchilty,
Top Bottom