Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'm back! Splinter v2 on deck, came in today. Loaded the profile to my DNA drone, tweaked ohms a bit. Perhaps a lil more dialing in to do, but initial thoughts, i haven't tried watts yet, jus TC and the performance is very close to my splinterZ (that I broke). Boy did I miss that thing!.... Really digging the smaller profile.

Sadly I notice most of the splinter fam has moved on to the TM. Understandable now that Z production is done?
They'll be back in time. For now, they have an exceptional new toy to play with. :spliff: Plus the majority of us have our Splinters dialed in so we're just enjoying them & no longer talking about it.

It just so happens RBT ending production overlapped with the intro of the TM. I'm sure the TM caused somewhat of a downturn in RBT sales, but it was evitable that the next best vape would come along. In my wholehearted opinion, everyone should have both so you can select either depending on your mood. I love my Z!
Yeah, my Splinter Zs are still very much in rotation and the tumbleweeds in the rbt threads are more about the site migration. Plus no recent RBT sales for their accompanying new users with questions about setup. I'm curious about future products from RBT and if nothing else discontinuing the Splinter line makes me look slightly less absurd for having collected so many.

Another Splinter strong point is value: with the latest in a seemingly endless string of solid discount codes from Ryan we're back to a bunch of Splinter options that can be put together for a total cost in the $100 to $160 range.

Hippie

Altho the "coil" is SS we don't use the SS material TCR or TFR value as the coil is some distance from the load.
People generally use TCR values somewhere between 125 and 165
Increasing the TCR value will increase the coil temp

TC mode in sur_myevic uses TFR files, which are a number of TCR values combined to give a more accurate temperature profile. I don't think you can edit the TFR files in sur_myevic but in Arctic Fox you can use about 6 TCR values to create your own TFR files. I had a go at converting HerbieVonVapster's TFR files for DNA mods to the Arctic Fox format here, if you want to see some https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-splinter-by-rbt.23476/page-178

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
what is the difference between TC and TCR mode? I have a rx gen 3 dual with surmyevic for my Splinter ZV2 and have had mixed results. In wattage mode it works great. For TC the coil type is SS, wattage is set to 40 watts, and resistance is locked at .46, however sometimes I get the check atomizer message. Should I lower the resistance? I see on here that for the Z resistance is usally between .4-.43.

Yeah you should just be using the cold resistance, what it reads after sitting without the heater being activated for a while, room temp. TCR is the value that adjusts based on the resistance and the temperature setting, so you move it up and down to get the right temperature feel for you. TC it's just whatever it is stock on the mod, that's why you have the SS with the incorrect resistance, not very helpful for us!

Shit Snacks,

SquirrelMaster

what is the difference between TC and TCR mode? I have a rx gen 3 dual with surmyevic for my Splinter ZV2 and have had mixed results. In wattage mode it works great. For TC the coil type is SS, wattage is set to 40 watts, and resistance is locked at .46, however sometimes I get the check atomizer message. Should I lower the resistance? I see on here that for the Z resistance is usally between .4-.43.

Lock the cold resistance which will be lower. I don't recall the range but mine is around 0.39ohm. Actually the only time I have ever combusted in an RBT devices was recently when I unlocked the resistance of my Z while using it in TCR.

Edit: I didn't refresh the page so I see you have an answer already. Hourly that fixes you up.

Killua

Just received my "Splinter Z" but they accidentally sent me a V1 instead :\ .. sent them an email so hopefully we can get it fixed. They also sent me 4 short mouthpieces 2 clear and 2 smoked.. kinda confused about the whole thing.

EDIT: I got a very quick reply and it turns out it is a custom Z , the box saying v1 and stems labeled 19x19 threw me off.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Just received my "Splinter Z" but they accidentally sent me a V1 instead :\ .. sent them an email so hopefully we can get it fixed. They also sent me 4 short mouthpieces 2 clear and 2 smoked.. kinda confused about the whole thing.

EDIT: I got a very quick reply and it turns out it is a custom Z , the box saying v1 and stems labeled 19x19 threw me off.
Congrats on the custom Z score. Take the money you "saved" and order some XL8R cooling stems. The included short stems don't provide enough cooling for big hits and I never use them for any of my Splinters.

Shit Snacks

Where did you buy from? Directly on the site? Custom Z is similar to a ZV2 performance wise, and yeah you can use stems that are 19/22 but all current RBT stems are 19/19 so they can fit all the vapes... Try Lamart nub!

Killua

Congrats on the custom Z score. Take the money you "saved" and order some XL8R cooling stems. The included short stems don't provide enough cooling for big hits and I never use them for any of my Splinters.
Where did you buy from? Directly on the site? Custom Z is similar to a ZV2 performance wise, and yeah you can use stems that are 19/22 but all current RBT stems are 19/19 so they can fit all the vapes... Try Lamart nub!
It was bought directly from the site. I've definitely been eyeing a cooling stem, I'm leaning towards the XL8R just because I've read the nub increases draw resistance a bit even though the small size does look nice. Only problem is I only found the XL8R from EU sites when I last looked.

I've been testing it out a bit and loving it so far even with the short stem.

Shit Snacks

It was bought directly from the site. I've definitely been eyeing a cooling stem, I'm leaning towards the XL8R just because I've read the nub increases draw resistance a bit even though the small size does look nice. Only problem is I only found the XL8R from EU sites when I last looked.

I've been testing it out a bit and loving it so far even with the short stem.

Yeah I think they've been out of stock for a while, the nub isn't too restrictive, but yeah better for a slow sip than fast rip type hits?

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Yeah I think they've been out of stock for a while, the nub isn't too restrictive, but yeah better for a slow sip than fast rip type hits?

I believe I first read about the nub from you, tried the stock RBT stems, then the cooling stems, but the NUB is my favorite, nice and small, and it does COOL.....

Chandler

Enjoying my new splinter! At 360° I get a session with about 4-6 nice draws. I find when I up the trmp the herb gets cooked dead center on the way towards scorching. More n more experience shows however its all about my draw length, speed, button pulse, temperature etc... When in tune with all the variables, each session is so pleasurable.

Material... My mod is automatically set on the 'warm' setting. Is that where it 'should' be?

Shit Snacks

Enjoying my new splinter! At 360° I get a session with about 4-6 nice draws. I find when I up the trmp the herb gets cooked dead center on the way towards scorching. More n more experience shows however its all about my draw length, speed, button pulse, temperature etc... When in tune with all the variables, each session is so pleasurable.

Material... My mod is automatically set on the 'warm' setting. Is that where it 'should' be?

You shouldn't be doing anything with any material settings on the mod, I don't know anything about a warm setting, but also it sounds like maybe your TCR isn't set up as ideal as it could be if above 360 but still below 400 you get that performance...

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Chandler

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
You shouldn't be doing anything with any material settings on the mod, I don't know anything about a warm setting, but also it sounds like maybe your TCR isn't set up as ideal as it could be if above 360 but still below 400 you get that performance...
Agreed. @Chandler I use that range for most of my Splinters but with nary a hot spot and extraction as rapid as you like. The mod and settings give every Splinter a different personality though. I always recommend the same Wismec TC mods anymore (RX Gen3 Dual and Sinuous Ravage) just so you can have similar expectations.

arb

Semi shaved ape
What? Voopoo drag? gene chip? :hmm:
A type of box mod and their "smart chip".

arb,
Reactions: Summer

cgod

Don't know what I love more the more I use them, my splinter or Milaana ! Beautiful vaporizers

I have a quick question for anybody who can help, I have a custom 4 hole Splinter, it came with a budget SMOK mod,which to be fair is working quite well,but the color ( gold ) doesn't match my Splinter very well,can anybody help me with which mod will bring the absolute best performance out of my splinter ? Thank you in advance

Dargin B

I got my Splinter 2 today! This should get here at the end of the day...Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual Mod Battery by Wismec. I ordered it through vgoodiez here and had the software installed. I was wondering if there was a "top shelf" mod box as well or if what I ordered has the best performance? I can't wait for tonight!

Shit Snacks

I got my Splinter 2 today! This should get here at the end of the day...Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual Mod Battery by Wismec. I ordered it through vgoodiez here and had the software installed. I was wondering if there was a "top shelf" mod box as well or if what I ordered has the best performance? I can't wait for tonight!

What you got was good!

Chandler

@bossman @ShitSnacks yes you guys are right. This splinter does hit 'different' from my Zv2. I can't seem to stop the dead centre hotspot. Flavor is nice on draws 1 n 2, but then i start getting a hotspot. Extraction is still nice, but I'm forced to stir. I know I can get even better results. In watts I've been trying 26-30 watts. Similar extraction, even quicker to the hotspot. I'll keep experimenting.

Looking forward to @khelek41girl to recieve glass slides so I can get my original Zv2 fixed

Dargin B

Holy cow! Man that Splinter RIPS! Here is where landed: Medium grind / 40W / hold button for 9 sec heat up / let go for a second / hold and rip for maybe 8-9 seconds and then I feather it by heat toward the end. I didn't pay that much attention to hot spots but i was able to get 2-3 massive rips per bowl. I will start with a lower wattage and increase next time (I am running the mod with the programs set by Vgoodiez) Any other tips for massive hits?

I have an attachment that is shaped like a whip 14mm attachment and seems to be airtight with a water piece. I tried using it toward the end of the night and only got light milking. Will try again tonight with a different piece..maybe the sneaky pete sci fi rig..

Shit Snacks

Holy cow! Man that Splinter RIPS! Here is where landed: Medium grind / 40W / hold button for 9 sec heat up / let go for a second / hold and rip for maybe 8-9 seconds and then I feather it by heat toward the end. I didn't pay that much attention to hot spots but i was able to get 2-3 massive rips per bowl. I will start with a lower wattage and increase next time (I am running the mod with the programs set by Vgoodiez) Any other tips for massive hits?

I have an attachment that is shaped like a whip 14mm attachment and seems to be airtight with a water piece. I tried using it toward the end of the night and only got light milking. Will try again tonight with a different piece..maybe the sneaky pete sci fi rig..

Do you mean the tapered mouthpiece? That is not tapered to fit into a water to piece, so you won't get a full seal as a proper WPA (aka male to male adapter) for the Z you just need to make sure the joint length is 22mm

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: bossman

Dargin B

Do you mean the tapered mouthpiece? That is not tapered to fit into a water to piece, so you won't get a full seal as a proper WPA (aka male to male adapter) for the Z you just need to make sure the joint length is 22mm

Yes, the tapered mouthpiece...well no wonder I couldn't get it flowing.

Top Bottom