Discontinued RBT Splinter (All Versions)

Bazinga

I need to be more carefull with mine. I have one out for repairs to replace the glass (inside) that shattered.

Bazinga,

Chandler

I have one out for repairs to replace the glass (inside) that shattered.
Interesting. What country are you located? Did you return directly to RBT? I didn't even consider getting it fixed. Was only thinking replace. Will investigate further. Will contact my vendor n go from there

Chandler,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Chandler:

Covered by Warranty (See the warranty language here)

Broken glass is covered for 30 days from date of purchase (Glass repair is available through kgwoodcrafts.com)

Loose Glass (Loose glass repair is available through kgwoodcrafts.com or see YT5 video for self repair)

Loose Splinter 510 Fitting (Loose fitting repair is available through kgwoodcrafts.com or see YT5 video for self repair)

Loss of heat - Herb not browning with a fully charged battery (Milaana) or at max power of 50 watts (Splinter)

Submit Warranty Claim:

Name

eMail

Phone

Description of failure covered by warranty (how did it occur and what are the problem that you are experiencing?)

Proof of purchase (attach)

Picture of failure (attach)

How do I prevent the mouthpiece from getting stuck in the heater glass?

RBT advice:

Do not insert a cold mouthpiece in a warm unit as it might get stuck as the hot glass in the unit will reduce in size when cool. If the glass gets stuck in the unit, cooling the mouthpiece with ice while warming the unit might release a stuck mouthpiece. Care should be taken to not insert the mouthpiece too tight and a light food grade oil can be used on the mouthpiece to prevent them from sticking.

Add'l. (unrelated to above) RBT info:

Splinter / Splinter Z
Loss / Reduction of heat

• A mod box with at least 40 watts should be used to produce darker ABV.
  • A mod box with poor power quality can produce low heater power. If available, try using a different mod to verify poor unit performance.
  • Ensure that the center in is contacting the mod. If a mod box is warn or the center pin is low, it will not contact the brass unit pin. If available, try on a different mod box.
  • If the above does not resolve the issue it might be internal to the unit and may need to be serviced if (US Custom) or replaced (Standard) if still in warranty. The resistance should range from .23 to .31 ohms for Splinter and .33 to .45 for Splinter Z. If the value is high or low (no atty) this indicates that there could be a problem internal to the unit.
Uneven Heating
  • Herbs should be finely ground without any stalks or large hard bits. Herb should be lightly packed and the basket should be at least 1/2 full.
  • If the herb is darker in the center than the edges reduce heat by modulating (pulsing) the button and take longer draws (12-18 seconds).
  • The RBT heaters are bisected by a ceramic insulator plate. This can cause asymmetric heating patterns that can produce uneven ABV. To help reduce this effect rotate the mouthpiece during and/or between draws 90/45 degrees.
See these videos to help in your trouble shooting efforts:
YT1
YT2

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Stu I wonder if since this splinter thread and the Milaana thread should just be kept separate, locking the old threads, since they are all merged together now a little more organized since the products are so similar? I don't know, I expect that's why these haven't been merged yet, complicated!

Shit Snacks,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Stu, how about just having a subforum titled RBT Portables & then have a thread for the different vapes? I for one don't want to have to wade through Milaana or the Zapcaps, etc. posts when I'm only interested in Splinters.

OT, but while I'm on the subject, how about considering a subforum in the Vapor Related Equipment subforum for Induction Heaters containing the 1/2 dozen IH threads? Same with log vapes. Keeps everything honed & organized. Just my unsolicited :2c: as usual. :rolleyes: As always, no reply nec. :)

Summer,

Shit Snacks

@Stu, how about just having a subforum titled RBT Portables & then have a thread for the different vapes? I for one don't want to have to wade through Milaana or the Zapcaps, etc. posts when I'm only interested in Splinters.

OT, but while I'm on the subject, how about considering a subforum in the Vapor Related Equipment subforum for Induction Heaters containing the 1/2 dozen IH threads? Same with log vapes. Keeps everything honed & organized. Just my unsolicited :2c: as usual. :rolleyes: As always, no reply nec. :)

That does not seem necessary, the splinter thread would still only be splinters, Milaana thread would only be Milaana, it just groups the various versions, like how it was on new FC is all.. ZipZap and Seed still be separate... But I do agree about the induction heaters!

Chandler

Interesting. Since I noticed the rbt announcement, online here in Canada I can only find 1 remaining vendor for splinters. N no Z's... My question, is there a difference between og splinter v1 n v2 besides the type of the wood n smoked glass?

Chandler,

Shit Snacks

Interesting. Since I noticed the rbt announcement, online here in Canada I can only find 1 remaining vendor for splinters. N no Z's... My question, is there a difference between og splinter v1 n v2 besides the type of the wood n smoked glass?

this has been posted many times, including the first page here where I laid out all the differences... The V1 also has a mica insulator plate (like custom Z) instead of ceramic like the V2 / V1+ and ZV1 / ZV2

CastIronHits

Slightly Crispy
I've been following along and enjoying my Splinter v2 in the background while The Saga of the Two Sites played out.

Settled into TCR at temps between 380 - 410 with a RX 3/2 running Arctic Fox and having a great experience. Clean flavor on the first few drags and complete extraction with a few more.

That one is a work in progress but thank you. I had another graphic for when you were firing but it was to large of a file. The theme designer is pretty straight forward just time consuming to make something.

My favorites so far have been the other Rick and Morty, VapBoy and Doom themes. There's a Mario theme that was ok as well but I changed it to work better for the Z I just don't remember what I did. I'll try to dig it out and load it on my signature link.
My Arctic Fox themes, one for the RX and the other for an Eleaf Pico. Did I need a theme for an Eleaf Pico? No, no I didn't. Did I make the theme then try to justify using the Pico again? Yes, yes I did.

Please guys don't laugh but I just sucked out of the jar without the xl8r screen ...
You can imagine the immediate WTF ....:haw:
I know, when one is a jerk ...

Has this ever happened to you?
I hope so, otherwise from now on I will be remembered as "the one who sucked from the jar without the screen" ...

Things that happen...:D
I didn't know about this technique for filling stems so your error taught me a new skill. Thanks mate. :tup:

So instead of beeswax, would there be any reason not to use boiled linseed oil wood finish on a Splinter?
I would avoid an oil cured with heavy metals since air enters the Splinter through a small hole in the wood you are oiling.

Sure......I use olive oil and veg oil too.
Oils which rancidify so quickly could add unwanted odor / taste to the device.

Beeswax seems like the clear choice. You could use mineral oil and beeswax, which are a common food safe wood treatment. Mineral oil is generally considered harmless when ingested, and even used medically, but there are complications with inhalation.

Chandler

Splinter v2 ordered n on the way. Been dissapointed the last few days without my splinterZ. Had to purchase another, but no Z's available unless I order from the US. Looking forward to the smaller profile of the og splinter.

Chandler,
Reactions: Summer

okc0mputer

I've been away from the forums for a few months and it seems quite a bit has changed... I'm just getting going with my splinter now, but its been discontinued? (I bought it months ago, before the world went nuts but haven't been able to use it until today)

okc0mputer,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We have closed the following two threads to consolodate the RBT Splinter discussion in one place here in this thread.

:peace:

Chandler

I'm back! Splinter v2 on deck, came in today. Loaded the profile to my DNA drone, tweaked ohms a bit. Perhaps a lil more dialing in to do, but initial thoughts, i haven't tried watts yet, jus TC and the performance is very close to my splinterZ (that I broke). Boy did I miss that thing!.... Really digging the smaller profile.

Sadly I notice most of the splinter fam has moved on to the TM. Understandable now that Z production is done?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Sadly I notice most of the splinter fam has moved on to the TM. Understandable now that Z production is done?

They'll be back in time. For now, they have an exceptional new toy to play with. :spliff: Plus the majority of us have our Splinters dialed in so we're just enjoying them & no longer talking about it.

It just so happens RBT ending production overlapped with the intro of the TM. I'm sure the TM caused somewhat of a downturn in RBT sales, but it was evitable that the next best vape would come along. In my wholehearted opinion, everyone should have both so you can select either depending on your mood. I love my Z!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Yeah not sure why you would make that assumption? I feel like it's just your impression, not really accurate imo... Frankly with the sites merging and the thread consolidation it would not surprise me if many people got lost... Also the forum hasn't been as active in general lately it feels like probably because of the summer?

I also would not be surprised if more splinter turn up later on, I know Ryan was planning to have Milaana 2 and 3 for sale at some point, but yeah maybe some Z will sneak in if we're lucky... Plus RBT has a bright future ahead!

Summer

Long Island, NY
I also would not be surprised if more splinter turn up later on

He can always wait a year or so & when he sees there's demand, he can always do a limited edition run. That works for me since it saddens me to think the Z won't be sold again. I have 2 custom Zs & an OG Splinter. If I was better off financially right now, I would have sprung for a ZV2 for extra insurance.

Chandler

not sure why you would make that assumption? I feel like it's just your impression, not really accurate imo
Definitely my impression! An obvious observation from my perspective. I read these threads. TM is boomin while splinter gracefully turns page. There comes a point when there's relatively nothing left to be said about something that's been spoken of to great scrutiny. Then comes the New New that rivals the old but simplifies n streamlines things... Me I'm just late dialing in to my/the splinter hype. I realized it's potential at the end of its life cycle.

Really enjoying Splinter V2 ! I'm scorching a bit, but still nice extraction. Makes it easy to put everything else away n just experiment.

Jayvape

what is the difference between TC and TCR mode? I have a rx gen 3 dual with surmyevic for my Splinter ZV2 and have had mixed results. In wattage mode it works great. For TC the coil type is SS, wattage is set to 40 watts, and resistance is locked at .46, however sometimes I get the check atomizer message. Should I lower the resistance? I see on here that for the Z resistance is usally between .4-.43.

Jayvape,
Top Bottom