Discontinued RBT Milaana 1, 2, 3

GoldenBud

And if there's no heat at all, and you've tried few batteries, the button is gone.. time to do shopping at Amazon :D lol
but let's hope it won't be happening to you in the first months... and replacing a button is not too difficult to perform..

WirtDog

And if there's no heat at all, and you've tried few batteries, the button is gone.. time to do shopping at Amazon :D lol
but let's hope it won't be happening to you in the first months... and replacing a button is not too difficult to perform..
I have plenty of heat? I think my problem may be poor technique! I am pretty confident my unit is in perfect shape. Waiting on new longer glass stem to arrive. Then I will test suggestions offered by the group.

I agree one of the attractive aspects of these is almost everything can be fixed by the user. I love the simplicity!

WirtDog

OCW glass stem just arrived. Very nice piece and I did not expect the included wire basket.

Big improvement on my M3HO. Using 4.2v Molicel and medium BC grind much better vapor production. Surprised as I already had 2 other after market longer stems and this one performs much better. Just need to practice to get technique right and report back.

I have very little experience with glass that needs to be a consistent fit. This one like both my other 2 after market stems has a slight rocking to it? I don't think it affects performance but it bugs me.

I thought it might be the thickness of the rim on the basket but I removed it and the stem still had that slight rocking. The 2 factory short stems fit perfectly with no rocking?

I appreciate the tip on this OCW stem! Hopefully a game changer.

Bucephaal

I have wondered about that tiny air intake. I don't think there is anything wrong with the vape. I have taken very good care of it. I am not hell bent on selling it. Just being honest about my experience.
Hi there !
In the event you would be interested in selling it, be advised that I would be more than happy to repurchase it from you even at its original price + transport.
Been hanging around for a while and there isn’t so many for sale.

Bucephaal,
Reactions: WirtDog

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Hi there !
In the event you would be interested in selling it, be advised that I would be more than happy to repurchase it from you even at its original price + transport.
Been hanging around for a while and there isn’t so many for sale.
MI3 on sale right now on ee discord

Canna Chameleon,
Reactions: WirtDog

oskicon

Is it normal for Milaana 3's to let air in around their glass joint? I have 4 Milaanas, 2 2's and 2 3's. On the 2's the carb hole is the only source of airflow, if I cover the carb there is no air at all. On the 3's if I cover the carb air still comes in through what I'm assuming is the gaps between the glass joint and wood body. Is this normal? it's like this on both my 3's to varying degrees of air being let in, it makes the carb feel useless on the 3's. Because of this I prefer the 2s as I can half cover the carb and have greater control.

oskicon,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is it normal for Milaana 3's to let air in around their glass joint? I have 4 Milaanas, 2 2's and 2 3's. On the 2's the carb hole is the only source of airflow, if I cover the carb there is no air at all. On the 3's if I cover the carb air still comes in through what I'm assuming is the gaps between the glass joint and wood body. Is this normal? it's like this on both my 3's to varying degrees of air being let in, it makes the carb feel useless on the 3's. Because of this I prefer the 2s as I can half cover the carb and have greater control.

Correct, it is normal for there to be variance, but that is not really proper.. it should be the only intake... And you technically should not be covering the carb really... Just adjusting how you load, inhale, and use the button according to the battery level

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Franco

oskicon

Correct, it is normal for there to be variance, but that is not really proper.. it should be the only intake... And you technically should not be covering the carb really... Just adjusting how you load, inhale, and use the button according to the battery level
When you say it should be the only intake are you referring to the carb on the 2 or the 3? Because that is the case for my 2's, the only air intake is the carb hole, are you saying that's how the 3's are meant to be? Meaning my 3's are defective since they let air in between the wood body and 14 mm glass joint? I'm definitely going to keep messing with the carb on my 2's even if it's not proper. Much more enjoyable experience to play the weed flute than just waiting for it to heat up and suck slow. I get I could accidentally burn out the coil and inhale hot metal fumes or someshit since there's no airflow but I trust myself to not be stupid. Honestly the funny thing is I don't think the carb actually improves my ability to get big hits like I can still get big hits on the 3's even with the more open air flow just by controlling my breathing, but the fact that I hear the airflow whistling and that it's offset to the side of the glass joints just annoys me lol. I remember I had a Milaana 1 and I got rid of it because when I got the Milaana 2 I just loved messing around with the carb that much. The air intake on the 1 is very similar to how the air is being intaked on my 3's, only on the 1 it seemed like an intentional design with the hole drilled and the screen over it. On my 3's it just seems like they didn't use enough glue, but it's like this on both 3's I have which makes me think maybe it's a normal/part of the design.

oskicon,

Shit Snacks

When you say it should be the only intake are you referring to the carb on the 2 or the 3? Because that is the case for my 2's, the only air intake is the carb hole, are you saying that's how the 3's are meant to be? Meaning my 3's are defective since they let air in between the wood body and 14 mm glass joint?

Correct, it is not really supposed to intake from anywhere else, though there could be gaps... I wouldn't say it is defective per se, but technically not fully to spec I guess? (18* mm joint)

I'm definitely going to keep messing with the carb on my 2's even if it's not proper. Much more enjoyable experience to play the weed flute than just waiting for it to heat up and suck slow.

Yeah, I mean they are not carbs, they are intakes... There were versions that had more holes and such that you could cover, but yeah covering the only air intake is not really how they are supposed to be used is what I am saying, not designed to be a carb...

I get I could accidentally burn out the coil and inhale hot metal fumes or someshit since there's no airflow but I trust myself to not be stupid.

I don't know if there is much risk of something that extreme happening, I'm just saying what the proper use would be based on the design

Honestly the funny thing is I don't think the carb actually improves my ability to get big hits like I can still get big hits on the 3's even with the more open air flow just by controlling my breathing, but the fact that I hear the airflow whistling and that it's offset to the side of the glass joints just annoys me lol.

Yeah supposed to control with open air flow from the originals, then two and three made it more fixed, however there were some of the Zion that had air gaps as well... I have one like that, so it does actually help to cover the intake hole, let the heat build, let go for shotgun hit, though it's a bit more involved with technique and using the button etc. So I would think that would be a better option to use it like a carb with your three then your two...?

I remember I had a Milaana 1 and I got rid of it because when I got the Milaana 2 I just loved messing around with the carb that much. The air intake on the 1 is very similar to how the air is being intaked on my 3's, only on the 1 it seemed like an intentional design with the hole drilled and the screen over it.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying about the original, wide open airflow, so the two and three sought to regulate that more... But yeah it was never a carb, there was only some prototypes that had an actual dedicated carb by design (My canary two seems to be running so much cooler than my other one so maybe I should be using the intake as a carb like I described with the Zion above to get more out of it lol could be the wiring though etc so I don't know)

On my 3's it just seems like they didn't use enough glue, but it's like this on both 3's I have which makes me think maybe it's a normal/part of the design.

Yeah, since the three was made in the Chinese factory, you never know quality control-wise, but it's totally reasonable for you to have two with this issue, it is definitely not normal or part of the design intentionally... I really love my three though I got a pretty perfect one I must say

WirtDog

Correct, it is not really supposed to intake from anywhere else, though there could be gaps... I wouldn't say it is defective per se, but technically not fully to spec I guess? (18* mm joint)

Yeah, I mean they are not carbs, they are intakes... There were versions that had more holes and such that you could cover, but yeah covering the only air intake is not really how they are supposed to be used is what I am saying, not designed to be a carb...

I don't know if there is much risk of something that extreme happening, I'm just saying what the proper use would be based on the design

Yeah supposed to control with open air flow from the originals, then two and three made it more fixed, however there were some of the Zion that had air gaps as well... I have one like that, so it does actually help to cover the intake hole, let the heat build, let go for shotgun hit, though it's a bit more involved with technique and using the button etc. So I would think that would be a better option to use it like a carb with your three then your two...?

Yeah, that's what I'm saying about the original, wide open airflow, so the two and three sought to regulate that more... But yeah it was never a carb, there was only some prototypes that had an actual dedicated carb by design (My canary two seems to be running so much cooler than my other one so maybe I should be using the intake as a carb like I described with the Zion above to get more out of it lol could be the wiring though etc so I don't know)

Yeah, since the three was made in the Chinese factory, you never know quality control-wise, but it's totally reasonable for you to have two with this issue, it is definitely not normal or part of the design intentionally... I really love my three though I got a pretty perfect one I must say
What is your favorite stem with the M3? I ask because I now think I have a very healthy and strong M3 after my experience below with a new stem.

I got the last available stem from O'Connell Woodworks? It has one characteristic that is a game changer for me! That bend allows the user to look down and see the vapor production and use that to manage the power button to best effect! I get much denser vapor and more thorough extraction. You can see vapor beginning in as little as 2 seconds! I am using fully charged Molicel batteries for these tests. May not be to everyone's taste but it made for a big improvement for me.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

What is your favorite stem with the M3? I ask because I now think I have a very healthy and strong M3 after my experience below with a new stem

Awesome! Yeah I was going to say, the different approach is really, using a short stem with minimal cooling so you have good feedback you can sense with the vapor, alternatively you use something even originally just a stock long stem, so you could watch the vapor as well though you have less sensing, you watch it to know when to let go and control etc... Now with WPA this can be easily controlled using a J hook or other dry glass, I think a hook would be really nice with this, WPA gives you two pieces to clear nicely... A hook from Oregon glass blower, with the triple right angles, provides great cooling and visual while still be able to hold with one hand, there are a lot of other options too... A regular hook I think gives you a bit more visual perhaps but yeah not as portable mobile... You could get it custom GVB U-turn stem, I have one for the TM, I would love one for the vapes like this too though you can also get a regular hook, or other bent stems are nice to use as well, they feel like a hook for me because I use everything upside down now to keep the vapes inners extra pristine ocd haha but anyway there are really a ton of quality options and GVB is going to make more, more regularly now again, you can put in requests for the drop but also if you're patient for a custom... Rogue has plenty of options and there are other ways to go, any 19/19 WPA is great I think because it allows you to then use it with any other glass at all so that is what I rely on a lot with mine now... I also have nice ones from 508 Phineas pyrohightech that I think offer a good balance of sensual feedback and cooling with comfortable mouthpiece tips available, a longer one could give you the visuals too although I like the short ones since I basically use both methods but more often sensing now with my Milaana it has been a while since I used it with something larger for more visual honestly since I don't use it as often in general when I do reach for it it's to have the full analog session ritual, the sensual experience so to speak lol

Shit Snacks

Hope it’s better than the 3TM, and the 5DD

Yeah this project is called 2ZM and it seems to be the unregulated two battery Zion Milaana, only now it can also be plugged in to run off pass through power as a desktop, in addition to battery powered portable... Trying to recapture some old Zteam magic, as the project will only move forward if 100 people commit with $50 pre-order deposit (there's an additional hundred or two once product is ready) so far about 20 have joined... order at HerbalTherm website

WirtDog

Awesome! Yeah I was going to say, the different approach is really, using a short stem with minimal cooling so you have good feedback you can sense with the vapor, alternatively you use something even originally just a stock long stem, so you could watch the vapor as well though you have less sensing, you watch it to know when to let go and control etc... Now with WPA this can be easily controlled using a J hook or other dry glass, I think a hook would be really nice with this, WPA gives you two pieces to clear nicely... A hook from Oregon glass blower, with the triple right angles, provides great cooling and visual while still be able to hold with one hand, there are a lot of other options too... A regular hook I think gives you a bit more visual perhaps but yeah not as portable mobile... You could get it custom GVB U-turn stem, I have one for the TM, I would love one for the vapes like this too though you can also get a regular hook, or other bent stems are nice to use as well, they feel like a hook for me because I use everything upside down now to keep the vapes inners extra pristine ocd haha but anyway there are really a ton of quality options and GVB is going to make more, more regularly now again, you can put in requests for the drop but also if you're patient for a custom... Rogue has plenty of options and there are other ways to go, any 19/19 WPA is great I think because it allows you to then use it with any other glass at all so that is what I rely on a lot with mine now... I also have nice ones from 508 Phineas pyrohightech that I think offer a good balance of sensual feedback and cooling with comfortable mouthpiece tips available, a longer one could give you the visuals too although I like the short ones since I basically use both methods but more often sensing now with my Milaana it has been a while since I used it with something larger for more visual honestly since I don't use it as often in general when I do reach for it it's to have the full analog session ritual, the sensual experience so to speak lol
I really appreciate all the excellent info you shared and the time you took!! I've copied your text and will research the j-hooks from sources you suggested. I have two longer straight stems but they do not fit well. Ryan's original short stems fit perfectly. The others work but have a slight rocking? Even the one from O'Connell has a very slight lateral rocking.

I want to fill one of the baskets with material and dump it on a scale and weight to compare with the volume the Mighty dosing capsules to see how they compare? Basket with the O'Connell stem fits well but seems small. He sent me a link to the baskets on Amazon. Need to buy a few. I got the M3HO to address some weaknesses with the Mighty. I want to make sure the M3HO is being used correctly to get the max benefit. The O'Connell stem has improved performance quite a bit.

In your experience with M3 did you ever pick a point with battery voltage dropped to the point where vapor production falls off? I start with 4.2v Molicel batteries but performance seems to fall off around 3.85v? I used a new Klein multimeter to check the battery. I also have a few LG and Samsung recommended batteries but have rarely used them? Molicel just seemed to have better feedback from users.

Shit Snacks

In your experience with M3 did you ever pick a point with battery voltage dropped to the point where vapor production falls off? I start with 4.2v Molicel batteries but performance seems to fall off around 3.85v? I used a new Klein multimeter to check the battery. I also have a few LG and Samsung recommended batteries but have rarely used them? Molicel just seemed to have better feedback from users.

Yep, some people can use it lower, but it gets frustrating to me if you have to pull the button for so long, and it misses with the technique you perfected using a fresh battery so I find it easier to swap sooner as well

WirtDog

I'm thinking you tried neither of those, but feel the need to chime in. Because that's what I thought about the 3TM til it was in my hand.
I have given up. I keep pulling it out and trying but I just am not able to get satisfactory performance. I have Ryan's last version with the high output option.

ZC

Well after years of service, my OG/Beta Mi has had the glass come free from the glue. Luckily ther is no other damage.

Does anyone know the right adhesive for reinstallation? I reached out to Ryan but he did not respond.

ZC,

SpudBob

I believe that Ryan used Loctite® M-121HP™ Hysol® Medical Device Epoxy Adhesive. That's what I recall but it has been about 7 or 8 years since Ive had mine so im a little fuzzy. Im sure some one else will chime in.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
This is what I used to repair the glass joint in one of my US Custom Z Splinters, the joint has stayed in place since the repair.
FDA Epoxy Medical Grade Adhesive, Two Part, AA-Bond FDA15, 2.5gm kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HTGVCW...abc_XG26CXDJHDJT3J70DJJK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Well after years of service, my OG/Beta Mi has had the glass come free from the glue. Luckily ther is no other damage.

Does anyone know the right adhesive for reinstallation? I reached out to Ryan but he did not respond.
My earlier post from the Splinter thread. Hope this is helpful.

Top Bottom