• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Random thoughts

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hannah-Barbera peopled my childhood with Tom and Jerry, Snaggle Puss, Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear. Good times....
e2521cd3a96e47f26d6f3827d7f195997c198667b6edb8fc16545009654a8827.jpg
I’ve got two very old TV trays with all the H-B characters on them; they survived a fire at my parents. I also have quite a few of the H-B stars on “collectors” glasses, I was convinced as a child that was a solid investment that would someday somehow make me rich, lol! I’m a big cartoon fan, but my all-time favourite is a Tom & Jerry, “Zoot Suit Cat” one of the few where they talk, and they talk like hep-cats!

You guys should share these random thoughts in the cartoon contest thread. You might win a free vape.

:peace:

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I had a great midday dab session Saturday followed up with a beer outing with the kids. It amazes me how I am legally allowed to bring my 8, 6 and 2 year old into a brewery, which is just a bar that makes the beer it sells, and have a full beer whilst letting my kids run amuck (not really, we played 2 very competitve games of foosball which me and the 2 year old one by 1 point thanks to a last minute save and assist by a very smart 2 year old! We also played pinball and Duck Hunt on the OG NES) and then ordered a 64oz growler to go. The place was pretty busy with about 5 or 6 other kids there. Having 3 kids put me in the center of all of them at times with a far from full mug in hand I helped my kids and other kids play these games. When I walked out, other parents and adults sans children gave me reassuring looks as if to say what a good dad during my entire visit. No one batted an eye at the 64oz growler I proudly walked out with as my kids scattered around me in a race to our minivan that I was obviously going to drive. I mean the 8 year old probably could drive it...he mows with a gas pedal operated mower just fine but I am not sure the 5-0 would accept his Legoworld Drivers license. Maybe 30 years ago!

It was nice and I enjoyed it, but it also made me frustrated that I am that same person at home only with a dab rig in my hand instead and that's not legal. In fact in my state I am an outright felon if I get caught with concentrates and my kids get removed possibly from both parents even though their mom is a RN nurse whom does not partake ever. But she did want that growler...momma needs that yeast for nursing our 6 week old and its a really delicious shandy!

It also made me think, I could be even more active at home like I was at the bar if I had a more portable option at home instead of a tethered coil and dab rig setup that requires me to dip back into the garage every now and then. Perhaps a Puffco Peak may be in my near future...

GetLeft

Didn't think starting a thread was the way to go with this. But geez this seems like it's gonna be a big deal once these folks arrive.

As Migrant Caravan Winds North, Trump Vows To Cut Aid To Countries They're Fleeing

I've always considered outside interference (imperialism that goes way way back) to be the root of the problems of many Central American and South American countries (though not too many folks in positions that matter seem to agree). Maybe we could be ready for the pending arrival by identifying a few thousand job commitments for these folks and seeing them safely and successfully integrated? Just a random thought. The option doesn't appear to be something I want to witness.

florduh

I've always considered outside interference (imperialism that goes way way back) to be the root of the problems of many Central American and South American countries

I agree. But you'd have to be pretty ignorant of history to disagree.

(though not too many folks in positions that matter seem to agree)

A number of the people in power right now are ignorant of a great many things, including history. Others are happy to use the plight of these refugees to score political points with racists. I'm thinking if 1,000 Norwegians were fleeing violence, we wouldn't be talking about deploying the military to stop them.

Just sayin.

Maybe we could be ready for the pending arrival by identifying a few thousand job commitments for these folks and seeing them safely and successfully integrated?

Not a bad idea. At the very least, we should stop calling them criminals. Refugees are not criminals. We should let them go through the asylum request process. I'd say America owes them that at the very least give that we've ratfucked Central America for over a century.

florduh

Maybe Donald could take a page from Saint Reagan:

"Through this Golden Door has come millions of men and women. These families came here to work. Others came to America and often harrowing conditions. They didn’t ask what this country could do for them but what they could do to make this refuge the greatest home of freedom in history. They brought with them courage and the values of family, work, and freedom. Let us pledge to each other that we can make America great again."

Summer

Long Island, NY
I just had a weird thought. :mental: Don't ask me why, but I thought of a boy's bicycle. At some point all us girls as youngsters rode a boy's bike, & there's nothing like the smarting you feel when your crotch falls onto that bar. Why the hell are there bars on boy's bikes anyway?

I had a second thought, but I forgot. :spliff:

Blue Dream in a nano at 7 thru water. :D

MinnBobber

I just had a weird thought. :mental: Don't ask me why, but I thought of a boy's bicycle. At some point all us girls as youngsters rode a boy's bike, & there's nothing like the smarting you feel when your crotch falls onto that bar. Why the hell are there bars on boy's bikes anyway?

I had a second thought, but I forgot. :spliff:

Blue Dream in a nano at 7 thru water. :D
.......................................................................................................
Blue Dream is very very nice indeed.

And why do boy's bikes have the "high bar"? For the "smarting feeling" x 100 when nuts meet the bar :)
Actually, having the top tube up high gives a much stronger structure (sort of a big triangle) VS having the
top tube low like a girl's bike which gives a much weaker structure from an engineering viewpoint.

So, risk crushing your crotch with a strong structure or go with a flexi frame and "save your crotch" ;)

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
One time a coworker complained that management made her head feel filled up with air every time they talked with her. Hahahaha @macbill your exploding head makes me think of her expression, which I had never heard before...but it does make sense. Sometimes bosses be talkin' loud, not sayin' nothin'.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
A person cannot do a good job at leading the nation if he or she lacks empathy towards others. That is one emotion that you cannot pretend to have. When you pretend empathy people see right through you. The leader comes across as fake and hollow.

Also trying to tell the truth is important as well. There will come a time that citizens are going to need to know the truth about something important. They will have their doubts because they have been lied to so much.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Been listening to the political shows (on CNN and Fox) this weekend and my random thought is....

How about we attach wires to the genitals of the interviewer, politicians speaking on behalf of themselves and/or those speaking on behalf of their party. Each time one of the following occurs they get a shock and the power coming through those wires goes up a notch:
- Outright lying (includes leaving out facts that support opposing views)
- Not answering the question by using what-about-ism and false equivalency
- Making false promises

The only partisan aspect I'd allow for the above is whether red or blue wires are used.

After the first segment/interview there'd be way less folks available for the next ones. Not sure whether it would be because they would fear the pain or because the stench of burning genitals would be too much to take.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just wanted to say that every fucking day and night for the last several weeks I have been forced to watch those shitty goddamn ads on youtube for our state's congressman campaigns. Those lousy goddamn ads would play at the beginning and in the middle somewhere of every video I was trying to watch.

I did not vote for the democrat or the republican candidate for no other reason than spite and payback for having to watch their asshole ads over and over.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When is enough, enough? The gun violence in public venues is out of control here in the U.S. Its happening over and over again. 12 people died needlessly. We have too many crazies walking around. Also a lot of anger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom