Random thoughts

florduh

You could have added Los Angeles to that list ~75 years ago. Thanks to our best friends and benifactors Big Government and Oil.

You're right. LA represents one of the biggest policy failures I've ever seen. Damn near perfect weather year round, and you can't walk anywhere. Most of the older neighborhoods were even set up for street cars too.

JS114498551-la-traffic-jam_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqIlB8N0-eCKir34PrHbfoBC44YP5N4pJ5k0pkCq6_zEk.png

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

florduh

I turn on Fake News CNN for 2 seconds and..... goddamn. The viral marketing campaign for Amazon's Fallout is going crazy!

Crawl out through the fallout, baby
To my loving arms
Through the rain of Strontium 90
Think about your hero
When you're at Ground Zero
And crawl out through the fallout back to me!

giphy.gif

florduh

I'm one of the tiny number of freaks who watches Major League Soccer. This is what 19 year old benchwarmers in 4th tier cities that have never made the playoffs earn.

GLTNvjJXUAABHIl

Is there a CEO or something of Women's Sports? I have an idea to massively increase their viewership:

A dark money, guerilla marketing campaign to convince people watching sweaty men play with balls is Woke and Gay (which is bad).

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
So I made a very bad decision. I bought a Ninja Creami ice cream maker. I'm going to balloon to 300 lbs. I can make great ice cream with sugar-free instant chocolate pudding: I'm in heaven. I can make sorbet with a can of peaches in fruit juice, or pineapple. It make cool slushy drinks. I made some infused Crystal Light slushy at about 100 mg THC. Bad Bill. Bad. They were at Costco for $180: they are way more everywhere else.

Pukka

So I made a very bad decision. I bought a Ninja Creami ice cream maker. I'm going to balloon to 300 lbs. I can make great ice cream with sugar-free instant chocolate pudding: I'm in heaven. I can make sorbet with a can of peaches in fruit juice, or pineapple. It make cool slushy drinks. I made some infused Crystal Light slushy at about 100 mg THC. Bad Bill. Bad. They were at Costco for $180: they are way more everywhere else.
Somehow I'm not sure if I should thank or curse you ...:D

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Everything is relative of course. Compared to a lot of people and depending on where you live, $400,000 a year, especially with a family, is not a lot of money. But compared to most of us, it is. And it seems a reasonable point for tax rates to start to rise. But once they hit nine figures they should continue to rise. It makes no sense (to me) for there to be an upper threshold at which the tax burden stops. It takes a lot of money to run a country, especially one with a social conscience. And the money has to come from somewhere.

Clearly, you can't get blood from a turnip. I think it was Willy Sutton, who said, when he was asked why he robbed banks, that "that's where the money is".

florduh

Compared to a lot of people and depending on where you live, $400,000 a year, especially with a family, is not a lot of money.

But it is a lot of money, even in the highest cost of living areas, compared to almost everybody living in those areas. 97% of people in NYC have to make do on less than $400,000. Half of them make less than $100,000 per year.

I think having more money than almost everybody living in your town makes you rich :shrug:. I understand having kids is expensive, but a lot of people have kids. Almost all of them have to raise those kids on (way) less than $400k.

At the end of the day, if people who make more than 99% of their fellow citizens feel like they're struggling financially then the economy is completely broken.

florduh

Famous expert at defeating Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, has an Earth Day message for voters.

image.png

So, neither candidate is going to come even remotely close to preventing the coming climate horrors?

Happy Earth Day👍

GLx7mmxboAAPyog

Edit: this isn't clear from Hillary's little chart. But the "Target" line isn't even what we need to avoid climate catastrophe. It's just what Biden himself pledged back in 2021. A less aggressive goal than what China, the UK, and EU are targeting. And Biden isn't even close to meeting his already insufficient target.

Last edited:

florduh

image.png

How do you know we're definitely in one of the Bad Timelines? A dude was able to get close enough to shoot Reagan multiple times. In the United States of America. And used a fuckin .22 caliber :bang:

FVb3mO5aQAAsjP7

florduh,
Reactions: Bologna
Top Bottom