Random thoughts

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
2XXauXrhoph4fRxVFXp4Dcr90nG

florduh

Just a little feedback. If you're ever doing voter outreach in places with a large Muslim or Arab Christian population....like the must win State of Michigan, for example... I suggest not bringing up the memory of a past genocide in an effort to convince people to vote for Joe Biden.

It's gonna be a tough sell, but I think I have a better tack.

"Listen. Habibi. You have to vote for Biden. Because if Trump wins again any of your relatives Biden managed not to kill will be banned from visiting the United States."

ElCL0UFVMAAn8ZN.jpg

03b6fa8963246518ef9a7e8d329f14e6704a12c896955e02404e40dcee6f3d7b_1.jpg

florduh,

florduh

Remembering back 5 years ago when the conventional wisdom from serious people was that this guy is a genius.

F93F9JLWkAAJpKH

The richest guy on earth is a fucking idiot who doesn't understand that correlation does not equal causation. Particularly in this case.

This is like believing that, because virtually everyone who gets open heart surgery has heart disease...open heart surgery causes heart disease.

If you still think this guy is a genius you shouldn't be allowed to drive or live on your own.

171009-musk-trek-630x373.jpg

LOL. LMAO.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Is he claiming the ventilator killed them? That's wild. What does he think would cause someone to get on a ventilator. My mind is reeling at what a stupid person he is.
Ikr? It’s like saying cpr kills people since somewhere around 80% of folks given cpr die (made up number, but it’s ballpark) and ignoring that if they’re bad enough to need cpr, they’re pretty far gone.

Edit: I was close but high balled it, survival rate is 7.6% for out of hospital cpr, up to 17% for in hospital cpr. Roughly 50% of survivors wish they hadn’t since cpr done right frequently breaks ribs.

Source for the 7.6% and Article where I found the survival rates

Last edited:

florduh

Is he claiming the ventilator killed them?

I can't think of another way to take it. He called being put on a ventilator a "death sentence".

At this point believing that capitalism is a meritocracy in 2023 is like believing in the divine right of kings when these guys were in charge of the Holy Roman Empire:

charles-spain.jpg

That's totally the face of a guy who was chosen by the creator of the universe to lord power over everyone and control the means of production.

olysh pops

PS : damn! I thought it was a joke at first, but no, it's serious, the Holy Roman Empire really did exist. @florduh thank you for introducing me to this "european" empire that lasted 900 years and tells the story of the birth of Germany. I love the subject of origins.

Last edited:

florduh

PS : damn! I thought it was a joke at first, but no, it's serious, the Holy Roman Empire really did exist. @florduh thank you for introducing me to this "european" empire that lasted 900 years and tells the story of the birth of Germany. I love the subject of origins.

European history is fuckin wild. I didn't pay much attention to it in High School. At the time, I was a little fucker and thought "this European shit is all a lame prequel to when REAL history started on 1776". In recent years, I've started reading more about it.

parcs-and-rec-nick-offerman.gif

I'd say it's very relevant to present day events. People will say "peace in the Middle East is impossible". But look at Europe today. For 99% of history Europe was a war torn shithole. Torn apart often by religious sectarian violence. It's only very recently become a relatively peaceful place.

One of the more interesting episodes is The 30 Years War. A violent period of history kicked off by the advent of a new mass communication technology, the printing press. A war that saw the dominant mode of production, feudalism, giving way to capitalism.

16248.jpeg

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
The world is built for the average. Eighty percent of people fall into 1 standard deviation above and below. The folks between 1-2 deviations away mostly fit, with slight adjustment, and that covers bout 94 percent of folks.

More than 2 and you’re talkin those 3 percent at the top and the bottom. Those folks struggle to fit in with the general population.

More than 3 deviations? They are statistically freaks. Someone that far outside the norm struggles hard to fit. Outliers.

The world isn’t designed for those folks. If you’re one of them, you know what I mean.

Trajectory.

I've been noticing something. Every so often when I pick up my prescriptions, I notice that different ones are either less or more potent. I know there is quality control, but I can feel a difference. I know it's either more or less than what it says. It seems to happen more with generics, but has happened once with brand name too.

Vicki,

It may have something to do with the absorption rate. If you pop a quaalude on an empty stomach, it will hit quickly and powerfully. You'll be zooming.

But if you do a quaalude on a full stomach, it will take a while and the buzz will not be as intense.

Btw do you come here often?

Trajectory.,
Top Bottom