Question for owners of the Heavy Duty Rig (bubbler from Higher Standards)

WOLFXXXXX

I'm looking for a specific measurement on this glass piece, please... Could anyone tell me the distance (in inches) between the top of the female joint (with no male piece attached) and the top of the base? From the photos online it appears to be somewhere between 1-2", but I'm looking for a precise measurement please... Thanks for your help...

(I tried to call the manufacturer today, but they're not taking phone calls during the pandemic and ask that you email them, so who knows how long that will take to get a response)

WOLFXXXXX,

WOLFXXXXX

I have this on order so can do it when it comes next week.

I would definitely appreciate this information when you receive your piece... Thanks!

(I received an email response from the HS Customer Service, and was basically informed that they didn't have this information available...)

WOLFXXXXX,

shopdognyc

There is the riggler and the rig

the riggler has its opening on top of the base while the rig had a protruding from the side

which one? I will have both

shopdognyc,

WOLFXXXXX

I measured 1 1/8" from the top of the female joint to the body.

Thx for getting back to me... Just for clarification, this is the measurement I need:

A2h3I4P.jpg

Could you let me know about that, please?

Also, how do you like the piece? Does it feel like thick glass and good quality?

WOLFXXXXX,

shopdognyc

Quality is like no other. I have Grav pieces but this is different. I have the riggler too and more Grav and these are my favorite

shopdognyc,
Reactions: 215z

WOLFXXXXX

I gave it above 1 1/8”

Apologies for the confusion (on my end). When you had said, "from the top of the joint to the body", I was slightly concerned that could have pertained to the lateral gap between the joint and the main body directly opposite it......

The good news is that the measurement confirms this piece will work for my needs/application (Underdog log vape + 14mm glass stem + HS bubbler)... Thanks for getting this information for me, I really appreciate it.

Quality is like no other. I have Grav pieces but this is different. I have the riggler too and more Grav and these are my favorite

Good to hear...

~WOLF

shopdognyc

It’s supposed to be China glass as well. Think build quality speaks for itself regardless. Enjoy!

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

It's made in the U.S.A...No proof it's China made just internet rumor. Only found 1 post where someone questioned Higher Standards if it was made in the USA. That was deleted too.
Either way I’m very happy with it. One source told me it’s Chinese but it’s really nice build

have many Grav pieces which are Chinese pieces but very happy with them and their cs is great for me

Aquanaught

Hey @WOLFXXXXX and @shopdognyc thanks for the great info in this thread. I have some related questions regarding the rig/riggler so I figured this would be the place to post. Looking for a quality midsized bubbler to use with various vapes (including a log vape) and for occasional combustion. I recently bought a different product from HS which unfortunately turned out to be defective and is now sold out, so I may end up with credit for an exchange.

Any major differences between the rig and riggler, besides the location of the joint, and fact that one comes with a bowl included? Assume both will work for my use-cases if I have the appropriate accessories?

have many Grav pieces which are Chinese pieces but very happy with them and their cs is great for me

Relative to the price-point, how does your grav stuff stack up with HS? Given my first experience with HS I may opt to go with something different, even if not USA made.

Any others I should be considering? Would be nice if I could find something at the midrange price point that’s quality glass, but without the large logos that both companies slap on their products.

Aquanaught,

shopdognyc

What is your end use? which device?

difference is really the female end being on top, flush with the piece, attractive visually versus out on the side, with less restriction depending on the male joint being used.

Grav does the job. There is a lot of hate for it, but it does the job. Compared to the HS, its a joke. HS is thick, burly and sturdy. Apparently it is also Chinaglass as some say, but solid.

Grav stands behind their product, I've had missing clips and such and they are quick to send you something, that is if you go direct.

If you shop around, there are a lot of discounts out there if timing is right. If you are getting a HS credit, then you are probably limited to your seller. The Medium Upright Bubbler is a favorite of mine. Closest in form function as the HS you have.

What was defective on your HS piece?

Aquanaught

What is your end use? which device?

difference is really the female end being on top, flush with the piece, attractive visually versus out on the side, with less restriction depending on the male joint being used.

Thanks for the quick reply! End use will mainly be with an e-nano w/ gong adapter. Based on the dimension you gave above it seems like it should fit either rig. But I’d also like the flexibility to be able to use it occasionally with my pax via a WPA that I already have. And occasionally with a bowl for combustion.

Do both HS pieces provide similar amounts of percolation? Hard to tell what the percs are like from the website. Also, I don’t see overall dimensions listed, but I assume the riggler is significantly smaller?

Grav does the job. There is a lot of hate for it, but it does the job. Compared to the HS, its a joke. HS is thick, burly and sturdy. Apparently it is also Chinaglass as some say, but solid.

Grav stands behind their product, I've had missing clips and such and they are quick to send you something, that is if you go direct.

If you shop around, there are a lot of discounts out there if timing is right. If you are getting a HS credit, then you are probably limited to your seller. The Medium Upright Bubbler is a favorite of mine. Closest in form function as the HS you have.

What was defective on your HS piece?

On the first usage the main joint cracked just at the lip. Almost like there was an imperfection or damage in shipping and a little heat was just the last straw. Looks like HS is going to ship me a replacement, but I’ll have to wait a while. So maybe I’ll order that grav medium bubbler to hold me over. Thanks again for your help.

shopdognyc

Thanks for the quick reply! End use will mainly be with an e-nano w/ gong adapter. Based on the dimension you gave above it seems like it should fit either rig. But I’d also like the flexibility to be able to use it occasionally with my pax via a WPA that I already have. And occasionally with a bowl for combustion.

Do both HS pieces provide similar amounts of percolation? Hard to tell what the percs are like from the website. Also, I don’t see overall dimensions listed, but I assume the riggler is significantly smaller?

On the first usage the main joint cracked just at the lip. Almost like there was an imperfection or damage in shipping and a little heat was just the last straw. Looks like HS is going to ship me a replacement, but I’ll have to wait a while. So maybe I’ll order that grav medium bubbler to hold me over. Thanks again for your help.
You will be able to find that somewhere with some kind of a discount. DM if you don't succeed.

MyCollie

I just received one of these and it is a solid rig. As others have mentioned because it’s heavy and sturdy it probably won’t tip over easily. I can’t wait to give it a go with a few different devices, etc.

MyCollie,

WOLFXXXXX

I just received one of these and it is a solid rig. As others have mentioned because it’s heavy and sturdy it probably won’t tip over easily. I can’t wait to give it a go with a few different devices, etc.

I agree... I'm enjoying mine for sure (I actually acquired two)

WOLFXXXXX,

shopdognyc

If you guys are not aware of these guys, this piece is pretty solid and thick at $50

shopdognyc,
Reactions: 215z
Top Bottom