• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Quartz Thunderbolt - all-quartz torch powered ball injector vaporizer in 19mm and 14mm- shipping from EU

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

The somewhat absurd but actually useful and revolutionary Rotating Firing Tower is a contraption you never knew you wanted and completes the package for the premium wire-free, metal-free full convection experience :o

The RFT is not currently for sale :) but these crystal display turntables and a heat proof base for the QT are all that is needed, along with some presentable and heavy objects such as glass coasters and wide/squat glass jars to adjust the height to your torch.

The glass base is glued to the turntable with silicone gel, and crystals, marbles etc can be dropped inside to increase the bling factor.

For those just tuning in, this thing is not needed to use the QT - check the videos posted earlier!

Once I have the various projects such as the inevitable webshop in line I'd like to get some stoneware clay and make some suitable bases for the QT .... I have ordered some heavy duty glass stands in clear red and dark blue but still no ETA....

The steel clamps arrived today and they are better than expected- they grip the QT very securely and with a little practice are perfect for the job.

Grabbing the QT when it is hot-hot and ready to vape using the silicone grip is not ideal so these clamps fix that problem for those who prefer to heat the injector away from the bowl, to reduce bowl heating and convection.
One steel clamp is included now with each QT.

Turntables that run off a 18650 battery instead of AAAs like this can be found for a few euros/bucks more but they lack the all important cheesy LED lighting and i just don't trust cheap 18650 devices...Both types have a USB C port for power.

If you do this, please please DO NOT LEAVE THE TORCH FIRING UNATTENDED, OK??!!

I would like to think that the torch would run out of gas before the glass stand gets so hot as to melt into the plastic of the turntable, and potentially start a fire, but don't try your luck!
:mental:

Last edited:

tepictoton

I actual got to try this contraption, and not I too believe lol

All jokes aside, this thing simply works. It will not be for newbies, and will be a beast that might take some time to tame , but it is worth it for sure.

I have tried many vaporisers, and still own a few.

This one is definitely king of massive clouds once you get the hang of it.

I was amazed at the way it seems to be able to extract so much in such a very short time.

I like the fact that this was made ‘mindful’, taking into account all the different factors that turn this simple thing into a work of functional art.

I like the ritual involved, and yes, this way of using is definitely more conscious and mindful in every way. It forces you to use the force lol

Nice to see another fuckcombustion born concept come to life. Please support your local manufacturers 😉

I have been away from the forum for some time but wanted to give my two cents on this product. I know the guy behind it and really want to support his efforts in this, and understand an opinion of someone who has the chance to use it in person matters.

I will keep an eye on this just in case people have more questions that I be might answer. Then again, my knowledge is very very limited, the real wise man is of course Haze Mister…

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Thanks for the feedback!

This is penultimate announcement for this project as I need to focus on more pressing matters.

There are only two pieces left- one 19mm and one 14mm- they are being posted to me. People who have contacted me saying they want them need to make a payment to secure them.

End of this month is the cutoff point for €100/$110 pre-orders. After that, the QT will be only made to order for €150+shipping with a waiting time of at least one month. This may or may not continue depending on demand.

I am keeping 3 pieces for myself!

Pre-order now or miss out... You will not find a quartz piece like this anywhere else. You cannot torch the Qaroma as it has a double wall... unless you fancy using up a half a bottle of gas per session...

Glass imitations and DIY solutions will break and will never have the purity of a metal-free quartz heater.

Last edited:
Haze Mister,
Reactions: lazylathe

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
IMG20230318114915.jpg

I have been using the firing tower and steel clamp for a few days now- mainly to make it easier to test the difference in minimising conductive heating by heating the QT away from the bowl. The clamp works perfectly and there is minimal actual contact with the quartz. ( I don't fire the QT with the clamp attached of course)

I can't really see a difference in vapor quality, and it does use up a bit more gas to zap through a bowl so this is down to personal preference in terms of convenience. Manually rotating the bowl/QT assembly may not be to some people's liking so this setup (which i really should have bought in black colour!) nicely sorts this out.

The Masterclass torch is better than it looks- I have been using it for years and it has the preferred wide flame option. The safety lock on it never worked but for the money it is a solid choice.

The final recommended add-on other than a cheap IR lazer or contact (BBQ) thermometer would be a wooden injector bowl. I have already broken one of the new ones by fondling it a bit too much while enjoying the effects of the QT late at night:lol:, and this is not the first glass/ceramic bowl I have broken over the years- An unbreakable alternative to have at least as a back up is the way to go!

I will post about the wooden bowl of choice ASAP but let's just say I have taken the matter to the Master!

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
bowlza.jpeg

bowlzamba.jpg

It's all coming in slowly but surely! I altered the bowl design slightly for manufacturing purposes ( to ensure I get what I want from the glass blower). I could try to get the earlier flat top design back in as an alternate option but comms with the glass blower are difficult!

stand.jpg

Current waiting time for a Quartz Thunderbolt vape : 1 month.

I will be looking for a more efficient quartz manufacturer for this after the TB-202 project (from a different factory) is online.

Last edited:

rollerskater

i got mine a few days ago and consequently have been taking more naps than usual. it gets the weed hot, thats for sure! performance is as good as anything. it reminds me of the vapbong in its ability to knock you out while creating relatively light abv. the airflow on mine also is pretty unrestricted but that's up to you. you obviously have to be pretty mindful in your use of it, so be sure to clear a space. it performs about as youd expect - the concept is more than proven by now - and the flavor is nice and transparent. the "ritual" is a little ceremonial in all the passing things back and forth and general faffing around; perfect for when you want to build a little anticipation and psych yourself up for the huge hit you're about to take. i also really like the injector bowl, it looks nicer than the typical adapter and is a quietly impressive piece of glasswork. would a glass screen be too much to ask? just ideas for version 2 ;). honestly i dont have too much else to say about this one! it does what it says on the tin, what you see is what you get, a rolling stone gathers no moss, etc.

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
. i also really like the injector bowl, it looks nicer than the typical adapter and is a quietly impressive piece of glasswork. would a glass screen be too much to ask? just ideas for version 2 ;)

Good to hear it's delivering ! Thanks for the feedback.

I assure you I thought long and hard about the bowl and settled on the teeth to hold a steel screen mainly because this requires less frequent cleaning to maintain the airflow. Glass screens clog up faster and may not be as easy to clean, and they will let more particles through as they have larger holes, leading to more bubbler cleaning.

It is also possible (using a wooden skewer or similar) to carefully work the screen past the teeth and sit it at the bottom if you want to get a deeper bowl, so you get an option not possible with a glass screen. ( a slightly smaller screen may be easier for this)

However- to keep with the "no metal in the airpath" ethos, and since these are all very small batch productions I am going to talk to the glass blower about glass screens for the next batch....and an alternative more heavy duty design!

I have been using the firing tower (see video above) and the steel clamp to get 100% convection vapor and this certainly eliminates the hot bowl problem so that any basic injector bowl can be used more comfortably.

Even if the QT is fired on the bowl, it is worth clamping it after firing and taking it off as soon as you see dense vapor during inhalation. clear the bubbler, savour the flavour, then re-apply the QT (without re-heating) and repeat. This enables you to completely and rapidly exhaust a bowl with zero roasted flavour once you have dialled in your temperature ( rubies almost black).

WIth the clamp it is easy and safe to lift the hot QT off the bowl and then put it back on so that you can really momentarily blast the herb with high temperatures by briefly injecting and then pulling off, getting quick , dense vapor hits with no risk of combustion.

Video to follow... :tup:

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Some accessories for the Thunderbolts have finally arrived, including the sweet 14mm bowls and custom heavy duty stands not available anywhere else.
IMG20230411103922.jpg

IMG20230411105536.jpg
IMG20230411105700.jpg

(a couple of these pieces are already reserved)

Apologies to the folks waiting for a QT. The original factory seem to have dropped the ball, so I took the opportunity to update the design and pass it on to the factory making the Thunderbolt-202.

The new Quartz Thunderbolt will feature 19mm and 14mm bowl compatibility in one piece, fully enclosed heater balls, will cost €150 including quartz & ruby balls , and is expected to be here next month.

The Thunderbolt name is inspired by the Tibetan Dorje.

(I am not a practicing Buddhist but I find the Tibetan tantra variant mostly agreeable)

Ritual Object in Tibetan Buddhism

The vajra also is a literal ritual object associated with Tibetan Buddhism, also called by its Tibetan name, Dorje. It is the symbol of the Vajrayana school of Buddhism, which is the tantric branch that contains rituals said to allow a follower to achieve enlightenment in a single lifetime, in a thunderbolt flash of indestructible clarity.

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Just a little heads-up for those hankering after the premium metal -free , electricity-free and most awesome ball vaporizer- you have come to the right place. :D

I am now one pre-order short of being able to move ahead into manufacturing of a batch of ten QT v2. @coolbreeze !!

As promised this will be a fully enclosed design ( two quartz screens) that will connect with either a 19mm or 14mm bowl ( not at the same time, sorry! :lol: )
It looks similar to the original but with a straight tube design, as it is made with a CNC machine.

As a bonus- for about $90 you can get a 500mm ( or bigger) fresnel lens, to use the Power of the Sun on the Quartz Thunderbolt outdoors for the ultimate purist experience!!!! It really does not get any cleaner than this.

(make a frame to hold the lens and mount it on a tripod)

H058025f07425423ca01003a37549f961y.jpg

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
I have just ordered the batch of 10 mk2 pieces from the factory and this project can be moved to the Released section, since someone has received their piece and posted about it here.

Only three of the hand-made QT mk1 in 19mm were made and actually sent to me- one got snagged by rollerskater and two by myself !

The 14mm piece shown earlier was never polished and sent out by the original factory, despite repeated requests and upfront payment, and they are no longer in the picture. The new factory is the same that made the TB-202 prototype and they are on a different level technically and in terms of delivery and efficiency. Have you ever received a package from China in 3 days from payment ?!!?
Many thanks to FC for the space and to the people who put in the pre-orders and the patience!

These will be the only 10 pieces to be made for the foreseeable future as I also want to complete the TB-202 project and then focus on work that actually pays :) so if you're still thinking about it, you don't have much time left...

There will not be any cheaper Chinese clones, because this is already made in China.... you will not get a better deal unless someone makes 1000 bad copies- and good luck to him selling them!

Getting this right requires some attention to details that I will not be sharing- this is the carefully optimised injector for torch use!

Since the mk2 is a straight tube design, a coil could perhaps be stretched out to fit if you are so inclined.

The injector only needs to be turned upside down to fit into a 14mm bowl, and as such has no top and bottom but two tapered ends, much like the mk1 prototype. One end is threaded and can be unscrewed to replace the balls.

Silicone Carbide, Quartz and Ruby balls are already in stock. SiC provides superior performance at a superior price. No other (sub-$1k) materials are relevant for the heater core, except sapphires just for the deep blue colour (also in stock).

Once more, this is not just a tube but contains two CNC lazer drilled quartz screens and no metal!:rockon:

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

Another little silly demo to show the dual 19mm/14mm compatibility ... Also useful in a sharing situation where one person prefers a lighter hit than the other. This is the mk1 prototype (with a titanium coil screen), where the idea for the dual injector came from.

these videos are a little awkward as I'm trying to keep things on camera without showing my face. IRL everything is quite a bit smoother as I don't need to keep the bubbler on the table.
The clouds get bigger than this- I was messing with the phone trying to get it to start recording video and lost some heat at the start...

The carbed ash catcher is a useful addition and adds another option for controlling the vapor density -the others being lifting the bowl off the bubbler and lifting the injector using the clamp. Carbing by the first two methods seems more useful to extract all the heat out of the injector. There seems to be some kind of venturi / vortex effect that enables vaporisation at lower temperatures...

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Time for a big update- :rockon:

The QT mk2 is arriving end of May- thanks to those who pre-ordered for being patient.

Early bird pricing is on until the batch arrives.

Glass production is sorted out and the bowls are now available to all and not just QT buyers ( who get a €10 off the bowl price)

Webshop is now open:

Please bookmark and share the link on reddit if possible.
I am no longer selling through this forum's PMs and may not be logging in here very often. Contact is on the webshop.

The shop features discount vouchers which will be sent out to Thunderbolt buyers. More stuff is in the pipeline...

I will be mostly just posting photos and video links here from now on as I need to be able to remove obsolete information and this forum is not the platform for this- to say the least.

An even more premium and heavy duty bowl design has been OK'd by the glass man- coming soon.

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is no longer relevant or correct but I cannot remove it.
The condensed, updated version is now on the shop's Quartz Thunderbolt page. "DIffuser" is the technical term for these devices, got it?!

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Looks like I need to post one final clarification for those new to injectors...

This is not a butane vape.
You do not inhale while applying a flame to the vape. :nod:

coolbreeze

Glass production is sorted out and the bowls are now available to all and not just QT buyers ( who get a €10 off the bowl price)

Webshop is now open:

My bowls have arrived!
IMG-4582.jpg
IMG-4613.jpg

My experience so far has been really positive--these are great bowls. The 14mm fits my Phase3 vapes (and Couch Log) about perfectly but longer 18mm nozzles may require placing the screen below the nubs for best results.

IMG-4641.jpg
IMG-4635.jpg
IMG-4640.jpg

From right, the CH B0 has a shorter nozzle and fits well with the screen on the nubs, while the Hot Rod's longer nozzle places the heater nearly in contact with the herbs. Moving the screen down below the teeth works, but of course interferes with stirring, etc.

The performance of the bowls themselves seems very good: it's essentially a straight tube with a screen so the hits are wide-open and unrestricted. Great flavor! With the ceramic heads so little heat is transferred to the bowl that they remain cool; with the metal heads the outside of the bowl will eventually become hot if you leave the injector in for more than several minutes.

The only real downside is placing the screen in the lower position can challenge, and the nubs interfere with stirring. Fortunately it will only be necessary to lower the screen when used with full-length 18mm nozzles.

I really like these bowls. I think some will welcome the screen/nub design, though it does add a bit of a challenge with regards to universality.

Since, however, they are actually made to pair with the Thunderbolts (and I assume that fit is precise) it won't be a problem for most.

Speaking of which, the current batch of Quartz Thunderbolts will land very soon--I believe there will be some available!

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Good to see the Elixier bowls among matching glassware and other quality gear!

It was a tough choice with the bowl depth and I decided to support the more new-school injectors that feature a shorter tapered nozzle. (It is really an improvement as the less contact with the bowl, the less conductive heat transfer and roasting. On the other hand, the QT has no attached handle and has to be stable on the bowl so the nozzle could not be made super-short either.)

The bowls are big as it is and did not want to make them deeper as the double wall adds some weight.

They are of course designed for firing the QT attached to them, which means a lot of heat, so keeping the herb lower down makes the rig a lot more forgiving to overheating.

As the bowls are not mass produced, it is possible to order variations ( shallower bowl or no teeth inside). Waiting time seems to be about 3 weeks for those.

I design my gear with daily users like myself in mind. Bowls receive special attention because they get handled more than the vape itself, and require frequent cleaning.

Having no teeth/ groove for a metal screen or a built-in glass screen in the bowl would not be so good as sitting a metal screen at the bottom restricts airflow and requires much more cleaning- in 14mm glass adapters with a similar shape, it seems impossible to get a steel screen to stay in place without some teeth or a groove of some kind.

I will eventually speak to my glass blower about integrated glass screens ( require more frequent cleaning) but he can only do so much at a time and there is a new bowl in the works, to go with the mk2.

The Quartz Thunderbolt mk2 is due any day now- 6 pieces left!! I have seen the work and it looks great. The precision with which the factory guys have matched my 2D design is impressive. This delay has been painful and I must apologise again to the people who paid up and are waiting to start firing! The support is appreciated and will be rewarded...

The drop-down adapter for using the Thunderbolts and other vapes with smaller bubblers is also on the way to the Elixier shop. This will hold the bowl & vape lower and further away from your face as you toke on the bubbler. Pieces like these are not available outside the US as far as I've seen, and the US versions are not cheap... This should be more affordable.

drop.jpg

Custom made with thick borosolicate...

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Good to see the Elixier bowls among matching glassware and other quality gear!

It was a tough choice with the bowl depth and I decided to support the more new-school injectors that feature a shorter tapered nozzle. (It is really an improvement as the less contact with the bowl, the less conductive heat transfer and roasting. On the other hand, the QT has no attached handle and has to be stable on the bowl so the nozzle could not be made super-short either.)

The bowls are big as it is and did not want to make them deeper as the double wall adds some weight.

They are of course designed for firing the QT attached to them, which means a lot of heat, so keeping the herb lower down makes the rig a lot more forgiving to overheating.

As the bowls are not mass produced, it is possible to order variations ( shallower bowl or no teeth inside). Waiting time seems to be about 3 weeks for those.

I design my gear with daily users like myself in mind. Bowls receive special attention because they get handled more than the vape itself, and require frequent cleaning.

Having no teeth/ groove for a metal screen or a built-in glass screen in the bowl would not be so good as sitting a metal screen at the bottom restricts airflow and requires much more cleaning- in 14mm glass adapters with a similar shape, it seems impossible to get a steel screen to stay in place without some teeth or a groove of some kind.

I will eventually speak to my glass blower about integrated glass screens ( require more frequent cleaning) but he can only do so much at a time and there is a new bowl in the works, to go with the mk2.

The Quartz Thunderbolt mk2 is due any day now- 6 pieces left!! I have seen the work and it looks great. The precision with which the factory guys have matched my 2D design is impressive. This delay has been painful and I must apologise again to the people who paid up and are waiting to start firing! The support is appreciated and will be rewarded...

The drop-down adapter for using the Thunderbolts and other vapes with smaller bubblers is also on the way to the Elixier shop. This will hold the bowl & vape lower and further away from your face as you toke on the bubbler. Pieces like these are not available outside the US as far as I've seen, and the US versions are not cheap... This should be more affordable.

drop.jpg

Custom made with thick borosolicate...
Dropdown looks as awesome as the bowls! Nice!

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Finally got the email and photos from the factory!

Thunderbolts are go! :rockon:

I will be assembling and shipping out next week, and posting photos on the webshop and here. Videos and updated written advice will be emailed to buyers- most of what is already posted here on using the QT is good.

Pre-ordering/ early bird pricing is now over.

Accessories are not currently available separately- they are all reserved for QT buyers at a reduced price.

PS a note on bowls: Thermal transfer via conduction is enhanced between identical materials - thermal transfer between different materials is impeded. Impeded conductive heat transfer from the injector to the bowl is desirable. In other words, it is better to have a bowl made of a different material than the injector.... Which is why I am not offering quartz bowls, for example. ;)

Last edited:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

Presenting the world's first metal-free dual nozzle quartz injector ball vape:

I am the originator of the dual nozzle design as described in this thread a while back.

This is also the first injector (afaik - or even the first flower vape) to be offered with optional Silicon Carbide balls, which is THE superior ball material.

There are currently 6 Thunderbolts left in stock.

tb%20mk2s-01.jpg

Action video to follow...

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’

Presenting the world's first metal-free dual nozzle quartz injector ball vape:

I am the originator of the dual nozzle design as described in this thread a while back.

This is also the first injector (afaik - or even the first flower vape) to be offered with optional Silicon Carbide balls, which is THE superior ball material.

There are currently 6 Thunderbolts left in stock.

tb%20mk2s-01.jpg

Action video to follow...
Congratulations! What’s the benefit of sic, sapphire, and ruby over sic and ruby without sapphire?

Monk Debate,

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Congratulations! What’s the benefit of sic, sapphire, and ruby over sic and ruby without sapphire?
Thanks!

The only benefit is the visual treat of the sapphires!

Here's a "Take Both Pills" ( ruby+ sapphire balls/ faceted gems depending on availability) complete kit

white%20kit.jpg

The mk2 offers even better airflow than the original design while keeping a fast heat-up time of 70-90 seconds. It is a minimal design optimised for speed, power and a wide sweet spot.

Get this hot enough (about 300C-340C) , and you can really pull hard on it using a glass piece with a wide airflow for blasts of dense and tasty vapor without any roasted flavour.

There are two highly perforated quartz screens inside, so this is a fully enclosed design allowing using it either side up without any metal screen.

Here's the blurb from the Elixier shop:
All-quartz injector diffuser for 19mm and 14mm bowls. Designed to be heated with a chef's torch.

Comes with a choice of heater balls or as an empty housing. There are no metal screens here.

The base price includes quartz and ruby (corundum) balls, stainless steel handle and silicone grip (grip colour and shape may vary).

Rubies will hold more heat than quartz. At least some ruby balls in the Thunderbolt are required for their temperature-indicating colour change property.

If heating is stopped as soon as the rubies go dark, your aromatherapy material will not burn (given a good air intake) but smoothly evaporate with the least possible degradation - compared to any other available device and exceeding most of them thanks to the use of truly inert, non metallic and bio-compatible materials in the hot air path.

The Quartz Thunderbolt, being made entirely of fused quartz (99.9% SiO2), is not a fidget toy but can be carefully opened so that the heater core balls can be replaced.

Silicone Carbide ( a material which also exists naturally and is commonly found in stardust) outperforms other relevant materials significantly with its incredible thermal properties and is the overall top material for the heater core*.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer

Blasting through a small amount of dank herb with the 14mm bowl.

With a little practice and attention it is possible to get the level of roasting you prefer by knowing how much to fire past the ruby colour change. In this video I went for a complete roast to black because it' a rainy day :shrug:

I don't even have to look at the rubies anymore as I have learnt just how long it takes to heat up, and with some technique the QT will not combust even when overheated some.

If you stop firing right when the ruby colour change happens you will get a lighter roast and a lighter cleaner tasting vapour, and a lighter effect of course.

As noted by other folks on the forum, the 14mm injector helps go further with small amounts of herb.

Last edited:
Top Bottom