• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Q's About Buying Options and Health

GroovyOs

I don’t normally find myself defending the flavor from VapCaps because it can get bad quickly, but depending on the heater and how many hits you take it can actually be pretty good.

Probably the best thing for flavor is to heat it (hit it a little if you want), cool the cap back down by sticking it on a magnet or metal surface, then immediately re-heat and extract as much as you can in that second hit. If you go beyond that flavor will suffer. The point here is to heat up the tip more and then it can extract very quickly.

If you keep the heat level lower and slower it is possible to stretch the number of hits and still have decent flavor, but again that depends on the heating method and technique.

On the other hand, pure convection is where you’ll find the best flavor. :)

I still think it’s worth at least picking up a VapCap M (even a previous year’s model) or another model that’s not too expensive. Some people think they’re the best things ever, and most people who try them at least recognize they’re a good option to have available.

I personally prefer the titanium Omnivaps and others in that range, but the stainless steel Ms are still a good option, and some prefer them. They are heavier, but cheaper too.

Anyway, the flavor issue isn’t as clear as some people on either side make it seem, but it is a real issue. It’s one of the main reasons I rate VapCaps a little lower overall.

If you do try one and it seems like the flavor is consistently bad though, it probably means you’re overheating it or it needs cleaning.

Which reminds me, it’s a good idea to clean every vaporizer before you use it. A lot are probably okay, but you probably don’t want to get a lungful of heated manufacturing residue or anything like that. :myday:
Interesting, so I can get maximum flavor through low heat/quick extraction, so the initial heating would prime the flower's terps and crystals and the second heat would finish off vaporizing it's content? Kind of like building up the heat so it doesn't overheat? I only let it cool for a couple seconds? I'll have to experiment and find a good technique and try what you mentioned.

That's what I've learned today, convection is the way for flavor :bowdown:

I'm going to pick one up for sure on black friday, I'll start with the M first and see how it is, I read the Omni has quicker heating and adjustable bowls which makes me think it'd be better for flavor and OmniVonG looks clean af.

I'll keep in mind about the overheating, and thanks for the health tip :lol: once I get them I tend to rush and try it out immediately, so this is much needed advice. I'll have to clean them first for extra care on the lungs, I'm transitioning from smoke to vapor and not needing those residues :science:

Vaporware

With the forced cooling method I mentioned it’s not really about prepping the flower but getting more heat into the metal of the tip. The cap heats up to about the same temp every time before it clicks, but the first heat cycle doesn’t get the tip (the bowl) underneath as hot, so the second heat cycle adds to the residual heat from the first and then both the tip and cap are hot enough to really extract fast and you should get most of what the load has to offer at once. If that sounds like too much for you at once, you can load a small amount and it’ll still work.

The alternative is keeping the heat consistently low which you can do more easily with a low temp cap or by heating toward the closed end of the cap. In that situation you maintain flavor longer by never getting the tip that hot. I think it’s possible to get ~3-5 heat cycles before the flavor gets bad this way, but if you’re not consistent in your heating it may be hard not to accidentally strip all of the flavor early.

I think it’s easiest to get this right with something like a Fluxer heater with PWM or I assume with something with temp control like the upcoming Sense. The more heat cycles you go through though, the more terpenes you’ve already pulled out and the more the flavor will start to turn.

Oh, I should also mention that I think VapCaps are a good choice for hash. I just used my Omnivap and Flite with some today and it worked very well. :freak:

GroovyOs

With the forced cooling method I mentioned it’s not really about prepping the flower but getting more heat into the metal of the tip. The cap heats up to about the same temp every time before it clicks, but the first heat cycle doesn’t get the tip (the bowl) underneath as hot, so the second heat cycle adds to the residual heat from the first and then both the tip and cap are hot enough to really extract fast and you should get most of what the load has to offer at once. If that sounds like too much for you at once, you can load a small amount and it’ll still work.

The alternative is keeping the heat consistently low which you can do more easily with a low temp cap or by heating toward the closed end of the cap. In that situation you maintain flavor longer by never getting the tip that hot. I think it’s possible to get ~3-5 heat cycles before the flavor gets bad this way, but if you’re not consistent in your heating it may be hard not to accidentally strip all of the flavor early.

I think it’s easiest to get this right with something like a Fluxer heater with PWM or I assume with something with temp control like the upcoming Sense. The more heat cycles you go through though, the more terpenes you’ve already pulled out and the more the flavor will start to turn.

Oh, I should also mention that I think VapCaps are a good choice for hash. I just used my Omnivap and Flite with some today and it worked very well. :freak:
Oh ok, I think I get it, it's mainly about getting more heat in and prevent overheating the cap and to get both the tip and the cap heated to extract the whole bowl. Just to make sure my brain processed it correctly, I'd take the cap out and cool it or do I just press the whole vapcap unto a metal surface? Do I do it till it's fully cold or is it like a few secs then I'd reheat it fast? I haven't been able to try the vapcap yet, but only seen videos.

Hmm so this the alternate route, I wouldn't put the whole vapcap in the IH, just the tip of the cap? I'll keep an eye out on the Sense, since it doesn't seem I'll be able to get a Fluxer, or maybe get an Ispire Wand since it seems it has temp control. I wish I had one now so I can try what you recommended and see how the flavor is.

Man :lol: I'm tempted to get the four piece Flowermill, just for the kief and to make some hash with it, I read vaping hash is more efficient than smoking it. Plus it can always be a three piece whenever.

Vaporware

You just need to cool the cap until it clicks to reset it and start a new cycle. You can do this just by sticking the very end of it flat on a magnet. If you’ve watched videos you’ve probably see someone do this. :)

The other method really depends on your heater or torch…with a torch you can put the flame wherever you need to and if you learn how to get the results you want consistently you can get anything from one huge hit to several light ones. Most induction heaters are consistent but not very adjustable and they’re generally tuned toward the hotter end of the spectrum.

That’s why I specifically mentioned the Flite with PWM (there are also some Flix units with similar tech) and the Sense or anything else you can find with temp control. The low temp cap is another option (it clicks at a lower temp), or you can just try to manually time it with any IH and pull it before the click to keep the temp lower, but you need to have and maintain a good sense of time for that. ;)

I hope that makes sense?

Vaporware,
Reactions: GroovyOs

GroovyOs

You just need to cool the cap until it clicks to reset it and start a new cycle. You can do this just by sticking the very end of it flat on a magnet. If you’ve watched videos you’ve probably see someone do this. :)

The other method really depends on your heater or torch…with a torch you can put the flame wherever you need to and if you learn how to get the results you want consistently you can get anything from one huge hit to several light ones. Most induction heaters are consistent but not very adjustable and they’re generally tuned toward the hotter end of the spectrum.

That’s why I specifically mentioned the Flite with PWM (there are also some Flix units with similar tech) and the Sense or anything else you can find with temp control. The low temp cap is another option (it clicks at a lower temp), or you can just try to manually time it with any IH and pull it before the click to keep the temp lower, but you need to have and maintain a good sense of time for that. ;)

I hope that makes sense?
Thank you :tup:that makes a lot of sense now :lol: I hear the clicking in the videos and thought it was only for heat, but it's clicks when it cools down too, which makes it easier for me to know when to reheat. And I just figured out what low temp caps are lol pretty sweet that I can buy that and use different caps. It'll take some practice for me to time it before the click though lol :rip: I'll use a timer to get a feel for it

GroovyOs,
Reactions: Vaporware

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
One way to understand the limitations of the vapcap is that the tip itself gets hot (hence the convection vapor) plus there's no real temp control: sure you can heat slowly or stop before the click (or between the second heat up click for most caps), that's just not ever gonna be ideal for flavor chasing or lower temp extraction. By contrast not only does the Tinymight heat the air before it enters the weed chamber (the glass stem, in this case) but also you can just set it to 4 on the little dial and work your way up to whatever darker abv you prefer.

About vapor/smoke and anxiety: someone else who knows the specifics can chime in but just like vaping releases fewer toxins than smoking, lower temp vaping releases fewer than higher temp. So, if benzene and other chemicals are contributing to anxiety, the ability to vape using convection and fairly precise temp control could be useful to minimize the ill effects while enjoying the benefits.

bossman,

GroovyOs

One way to understand the limitations of the vapcap is that the tip itself gets hot (hence the convection vapor) plus there's no real temp control: sure you can heat slowly or stop before the click (or between the second heat up click for most caps), that's just not ever gonna be ideal for flavor chasing or lower temp extraction. By contrast not only does the Tinymight heat the air before it enters the weed chamber (the glass stem, in this case) but also you can just set it to 4 on the little dial and work your way up to whatever darker abv you prefer.

About vapor/smoke and anxiety: someone else who knows the specifics can chime in but just like vaping releases fewer toxins than smoking, lower temp vaping releases fewer than higher temp. So, if benzene and other chemicals are contributing to anxiety, the ability to vape using convection and fairly precise temp control could be useful to minimize the ill effects while enjoying the benefits.
Ah I see, no real temp control will limit flavor and with my own user blunders, I won't be able to time it or control the temperature exactly every time. Yet, it looks fun to experience and I'll grab one on black friday, I like the idea of learning the product and techniques that go with it. We'll see how it goes :lol: Fortunately, the TM has the temp control dial and I'll keep the setting at 4 and see how it is for flavor, also something for me to experiment with. I decided I'm going to buy it today after I go through the TM thread for Must Have accessories, I'd like to buy everything in one go. I don't think I'm using the search bar right, or putting in correct keywords, so I'll work my way backwards on the thread.

Unfortunately I won't be able to avoid all ill effects, yet minimizing it would be best. I plan on microdosing, or putting a small amount in the TM at low temps and see how it is. Idk how different it is, several years ago I used a volcano once and I was in a clean medicated state (more heady it felt), yet with mokes (tobacco/flower), it just felt so dirty, heavy, and unhealthy, and overtime a lot of anxiety (felt like I always had it and it's gotten worse). The anxiety wasn't always so crippling, I'm just getting older too :lol:

Edit: My old method to combat anxiety from smoking was to smoke more, with 30 rests in between :doh: the bowls were big with 1:1 ratios of tobacco and flower. Man, we used to do nuke bowls - basically a party size bowl for 1 person and with a torch, a lot of us either puke, had an exorcism, or a few minutes couch locked and an intense buzz

Plus it's probably not the flower, but it's enhancing the problems within me

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
What about an induction heater from @Pipes
He's makes super solid products with a well earned reputation.

Dynavaps can taste surprisingly good but you may need to go slow and low to achieve the desired results.

TheThriftDrifter,

GroovyOs

What about an induction heater from @Pipes
He's makes super solid products with a well earned reputation.

Dynavaps can taste surprisingly good but you may need to go slow and low to achieve the desired results.
If Pipes has the time I wouldn't mind one for black friday.

I'm about to find out haha I read varying things about the flavor from Dynavap, yet I'll still get it to try out. I'll go slow and low like you said, mess around and learn some techniques for it :science:

Top Bottom